AOTC on 100 Hz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
I just watched AOTC on my new JVC flat screen 100 HZ tv... my that picture is so clear an sharp, matte lines begin to show up in places I had never seen them before. THe Arena battle for instance, I can actually see the compositing of the separate Jedi fighters. And 3PO is so clearly non-CGI then in comparison to the battle droids.
But even in Palpy's quarters, Palpy's hair is to sharply cut against the background (which was a blue screen during filming) that it looks "pasted".

Maybe I should get a crappier tv....

Ushgarak
Yeah!!!!

Do you thini the digital version would show up better?

The place in TPM to see the matte work is on the landing platform at Coruscant- but only if you look hard.

queeq
My TPM DVD was stolen. I have yet to replace it.

But don't you think AOTC on DVD IS the digital version? I thought it was... Why transfer digital to film and then back to digital to put it on a DVD?

finti
is your TV a Phillips???

queeq
RBYP... big grin (means: Read before you post)

I said I have a JVC. Philips and I don't agree for some reason, they always break down right after the warranty expires.

finti
I saw it right after I posted it, but it looked like an old Arsenal thing so I wondered if you did a PSV big grin
(talk about lame excuse)

queeq
laughing out loud

Well, it's funny and that compensates the lameness.

Ushgarak
I think there has never been a transfer of the special digital version... or maybe there has.

mah
I'd like one of those TV's..

finti
me too

queeq
It's wuvely...

THough I doubt Ush that a digital version would compensate for the hard matte lines. A transfer to film would mean degenerating it, so make it less sharp. But it IS sharp, that is the problem. I fear if there will be a digital version even (if this is not it) it becomes even more visible.

finti
may I be so bold to ask how much you gave for it???

queeq
Gave???? Or paid?

finti
you gave away money and received a TV, YES PAID then

queeq
I paid about $1000 for it. It's a 28 inch wide screen, flat screen 100Hz tv.

finti
that aint bad around 7000 norwegian crowns, in Norway they are twice that price........and then some

queeq
Yeah. I got a good deal though. Normally they're $100 more. But double????? That is soooo much.

finti
Norway is very expensive

queeq
You must make a lot of money.

Tex
$1000 aint bad at all for a TV like that.
My folks just bought a regular 27" Sony Wega, not flat or anything for $750.

What do you do to cover up the cable/DVD/power cords on a flat screen tv that hangs on the wall?

But of course nothing compares to seeing AOTC on IMAX cool

finti
more that it takes longer to save up to0 buy a tv like that

queeq
Oh, don't get me rwong. The set itself is not flat.... the screen is. It's not a plasma screen. I'd love to have one of those, but there about $8000. I think that's a tad extreme for a tv set.

finti
oh a flat screen, even so it is a 100hz and 100hz are expensive as hell, dont even want to think about the price of a plasma screen, rather buy a car

queeq
Try a bicycle.

finti
well unlike Holland Norway aint flat. Bicycle are you nuts

queeq
Norway's great for a bicycle work out then. big grin

finti
only if you are a madman

queeq
Well, you're a viking, so....

Julie
see what happens when tech gets too advanced:-)

finti
i would like to se you climb those hills with a bike Julie smile

Mujaffa
he is a RAINMAN... wink

queeq
A viking with an umbrella?

finti
a dandy one too

queeq
eek!

finti
weird smiley

Captain REX
You're lucky Queeq, you've got an expensive TV that screws up your movie... big grin

queeq
Not all movies, just the ones with a lot of CGI. big grin

Mujaffa
eek! sick

queeq
Yup.... the screen is TOO clear.... Imagine that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.