Rage- id Softwares new game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
I know there is a thread for this one and it was'nt coming up for me when i was doing the search(I know how to use it) and i was't gonna look through 91 pages for it mad

anyway

The trailer for it

o4KmyJixwdk

Kazenji
A HD trailer

4GSAd9iB6a8&feature=fvw

Bluesteel
it will no doubt be interesting to try what looks like the first id game with some depth. cant wait.

Kazenji
And Doom 3 did'nt have depth ?........apart from it not being scary.

Smasandian
Doom 3 was a one trick pony. I enjoyed it alot when I played it so I don't really care but ID Software is falling into obscurity or mediocrity.

Kazenji
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/ids-rage-out-in-2011-looking-fine-on-console/1978/

Smasandian
Meh, I don't know about this game. I'll judge when it comes out but the preview didn't really excite me.

It goes on saying that in typical ID fashion you have these type of guns and you kill people. Sounds very Doomish to me.

SaTsuJiN
...sooo... its borderlands? lol

Kazenji
Gameplay trailer

826uCBEKI70

Smasandian
Looks like a updated and more refined version of Fallout 3. But better. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

But the graphics are really nice and the atmosphere looks like it could win me more over.

I'm always a sucker for atmosphere though.

Bardock42
Looks pretty good, will probably check it out.

I played that Rage game they have on iOS was pretty fun and looked great.

Kazenji
Rage Release Pushed Back To October 4.

Kazenji
60vCtvzdQZU

socool8520
Originally posted by Smasandian
Looks like a updated and more refined version of Fallout 3. But better. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

But the graphics are really nice and the atmosphere looks like it could win me more over.

I'm always a sucker for atmosphere though.

Yeah, that's my thoughts as well. it would be a good thing if they leave the glitches out of this game because that is what made the last 2 fallout games so infuriating. This game looks like a cross between fallout and Borderlands which is something I can definitely get down on until Skyrim comes out.

Zack Fair
THis game looks fun and I like the atmosphere. Will get it for birthday

Ridley_Prime
Hope the continued existence of this game means that Doom 4 is still in the making. Rage looks good regardless though.

Smasandian
I would assume Doom 4 is still in the making.

It's such a big series I cannot believe ID Software will stop making them.

jinXed by JaNx
heard this game is going to be coop cant wait to see how that works out

socool8520
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
heard this game is going to be coop cant wait to see how that works out

probably alot like Borderlands, which is good sinceco-op was the best way to play that game imo. That is cool though, that means me and the wife can play together.

Smasandian
No.

After reading about it, the co-op missions are bonus missions and not co-op for the single player story. Different than Borderlands where it was a co-op game which you can play solo while Rage is a single player game but has co-op bonus missions that relate to different parts of the story.

jinXed by JaNx
well that sucks...,wont be playing this.

Kazenji
erm

kinda a stupid reason not to play this game, Just because it does'nt have co-op like Borderlands.

socool8520
No.

After reading about it, the co-op missions are bonus missions and not co-op for the single player story. Different than Borderlands where it was a co-op game which you can play solo while Rage is a single player game but has co-op bonus missions that relate to different parts of the story.

Well that sucks. Would have liked some co-op like border lands. Oh well, I guess I'll have to beat it myself.

Burning thought
So I am confused about this game, it talks about having a lot of exploration and such, but is this game anything like Fallout? or is it more like a typical FPS but with a bit of extra loot gathering?

Smasandian
Well, I think it's a FPS with RPG elements. I don't think you create your character or there is any way to upgrade your character. There is an inventory screen and you can upgrade and customize weapons and such.

There areas that are hubs and areas that involve sidequests and the main story. I don't think it's as open as Fallout but I would say that it's similar laid out like Borderlands.

I'm not sure but that's what I got.

Burning thought
Hmm, if its like Borderlands then I am intrigued, It looks a good game anyway but if it turned out to be a bog standard RPS like Quake or Doom then I may pass, but with some customisation and equipment choices I think it will be nice.

Smasandian
It's not like Borderlands though.

The map is like Borderlands, I think but the gameplay is not. It's not about gaining loot and exp. It's about the story and missions. (Even though Borderlands had that I think Rage is different than that)

socool8520
It's not like Borderlands though.

The map is like Borderlands, I think but the gameplay is not. It's not about gaining loot and exp. It's about the story and missions. (Even though Borderlands had that I think Rage is different than that)

So, kinda like a Fallout/Borderlands mix. Sound good. I already pre-ordered it and can't wait to play. It will be a fun diversion until Skyrim comes out.

Smasandian
I'm not sure. I still don't get the Fallout vibe from it (even though the settings looks like it). It's not an RPG.

I would think it's more like the STALKER series.

socool8520
I'm not sure. I still don't get the Fallout vibe from it (even though the settings looks like it). It's not an RPG.

I would think it's more like the STALKER series.

Those are PC aren't they? I have not played any of those.

Smasandian
They're hit or miss.

It's designed over by a Ukrainian developer and it's open world to a point. There is different areas that you go too with loading times in between but you can come and go to your heart's content (depending on where you are in the game). There is a main mission structure but different allies give you missions to do. It has weapon customization, night and day cycle, independent enemy movements (non scripted) and such. It sounds a lot like RAGE actually.

It's nothing like Fallout. There isn't any character customization aside from character dialogue choices and what equipment you have.

That's why I think STALKER is the game Rage will be closer in comparison.

Barker
I jumped around like a little kid when I saw the commercial using Counting Bodies.

Game looks generic though.

Kazenji
One review for the 360 version

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/rage/review/

socool8520
Its pretty fun so far. Shooting mechanics are a little smoother than Fallout, but I guess they have to be without a VATS system. Graphics are nice and the driving is pretty solid. Character interaction is a little weak though, especially if you have been spoiled with Mass Effect or something. The missions seem to just stream right along without much emphasis as to why. But, still it is fun and should hold me off until I can pick up my MW3 and Skyrim games.

Kazenji
Secret Wolfenstien Room in the game

dGJ3br970Xs

Smasandian
Also playing it.

After having a few problems with the PC release, I'm starting to get into it.

It's a bit slow at the start but the gun play is very solid (animations for the enemies is absolutely incredible) and the artistic design is pretty good as well.

It looks like Borderlands but that's where the similarity ends. It plays nothing like it. If I was going to choose, I would put the game as a direct competitor to the STALKER series but much more solid.

Kazenji
I got told theres other secret rooms...Ones to do with Doom & Quake

and theres also some things from Fallout that make an apperance.

Smasandian
There's 3 secrets room that involve old Id Software games. Wolfenstien, Doom and Quake.

There impossible to find if you don't look at the videos.

I saw a vault tec doll.

Kazenji
Apparantly the game has some graphical problems on the PC but yet it runs fine on the console

http://www.megagames.com/news/rage-graphics-suck-pc

Smasandian
Yep. A patch was released recently.

Of course, Carmack blamed both graphic chip makers that they released the wrong graphic drivers. Yeah, two different companies made the mistake, not the developers.

Bluesteel
Patch worked great smile playing perfectly now.

Smasandian
Yeah, it works for me too but the textures are still awful on the PC.

Nemesis X
I can understand now why ID titled this game "RAGE." You're gonna feel angry when you reach the end of it. If you thought you were gonna encounter the head of the Authority, some giant robot, or another giant Mutant like the one you met when you went into Dead City for the first time, you're not. Your "final boss" is apparentley nothing but a hand full of club wielding Mutants while you try to push some buttons. After that, a quick cutscene will come up and the game will end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.