Which other Marvel/DC characters could and would conquer the Shi`ar?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Private Pion
Okay-Imagine that Vulcan never made his move on the Shi'ar Empire, and that the conditions are exactly the same as when he did for your chosen character.

However, there are a couple of conditions: It must be in character (or at least not a complete stretch of the imagination) for them to attempt to take and maintain the throne. If they have access to commonly appearing 'minions' or allies that will follow the would-be conquerer, they may bring them, but no more than four.

These are the things they must overcome:

1)Defeat three Shi'ar battle cruisers or convince them to surrender.

2)Fight the Imperial Guard, and at minimum survive. An actual win lets your chosen character skip the next one.
(Note: For a win, convincing them to surrender is all but impossible, but if you think someone could do it, that's a win.)

3)Escape the holding facility they're placed in, or convince someone to release them. The holding facility will negate 90% of their powers, so escape will likely have to be based on intelligence. If you think they can/would want to also free Deathbird, they'll have to do the next step.

4)Convince Deathbird to marry them/surrender the throne directly to them.

5)Declare themselves the emperor, defeating any who could lay the claim themselves.

6)Defeat Lilandra's forces, either personally or using their own armies.

So, who do you think would try and would succeed, who do you think would try and fail, who do you think would try and be an 'honorable mention'?

golem370
How about Full Power Morg

Enyalus
Darkseid could do this, but I'm not entirely sure he'd have a desire to. DP Tyrant could and would do this. Sinestro would try but fail. Exodus seems like he might try, and he'd also fail.

...I'll think of others eventually.

golem370
Dr Doom
Thanos
Cyborg Superman

Enyalus
Meh, Thanos and Henshaw wouldn't want the Shi'ar Imperium.

Private Pion
Originally posted by golem370
Dr Doom
Thanos
Cyborg Superman

Good picks, but I'm not so sure about Dr Doom. Maybe if he took some minions.

Where do you think he'd get to? Especially if you consider that Sinestro would 100% have minions with him, all of which would be Yellow Lanterns.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Private Pion
Where do you think he'd get to? Especially if you consider that Sinestro would 100% have minions with him, all of which would be Yellow Lanterns.
He'd lose to the Imperial Guard and not be able to do much with the escape clause, assuming the Guard lets them live. He's only allowed four yellow lanterns, right?

Private Pion
Originally posted by Enyalus
He'd lose to the Imperial Guard and not be able to do much with the escape clause, assuming the Guard lets them live. He's only allowed four yellow lanterns, right?

Yeah, four minions.

Hmm, I was thinking he'd be unable to escape, but considering just how sneaky and underhanded Sinestro is, I think he could convince someone to let him free ('Hey, set me free and you'll get a nice ring, just like mine.'). But then, with a guy like Sinestro, if you were in the Imperial Guard, would YOU let him live? Hell naw, you'd take his head clean off.

Enyalus
Yeah, four minions.

Hmm, I was thinking he'd be unable to escape, but considering just how sneaky and underhanded Sinestro is, I think he could convince someone to let him free ('Hey, set me free and you'll get a nice ring, just like mine.'). But then, with a guy like Sinestro, if you were in the Imperial Guard, would YOU let him live? Hell naw, you'd take his head clean off.
Yeah, I mean, Gladiator was under orders to bring Vulcan in. That wouldn't necessarily be the case with Sinestro.

cloud102
On paper, Shiar should be one of the most powerful forces ever. But it's hardly showed that way.

Private Pion
Oh, I just thought of a good one. General Zod, with Ursa, Non, Gor and...I dunno, one more Kryptonian soldier.

I think they could take it all the way.

golem370
Doom always has Doombots right.

Private Pion
Originally posted by golem370
Doom always has Doombots right.

I guess, but four Doombots aren't really going to tip the tide when Gladitor drops a building on him.

Enyalus
Zod's a good choice, but I don't think his team makes it past the Guard, either. Gladiator should be able to take two Kryptonians at once and do well. Whenever Superman even remotely tries to win, Zod gets quickly overpowered. And Gladiator is rarely holding back, so he'd perform similarly well. And Oracle can mindrape the others, Neutron goes for solar energy drain, etc...

golem370
Morg is my pick. He fought 4 heralds on his own killed one of them.

Survivor19
Cassandra freaking Nova.
Every single time.

Poor Deathbird...

rotiart
The living monolith
Akhenten thinking that the shiarnheaddreas looks like Egyptian gear takes them over

Loki, balder, enchantress, and sayyy... The executioner.. They believe the shair empire would be a good spot for new Asgard

Dathseid just cause he can
Thanos... Because he wants to use them to take over/ kill half the universe

The "new" dr doom.

Dormanmu just cause

I like the zod answer... I don't think sinestro could do it though.

Black bolt medusa crystal and... Gorgan thinking they would be better served as rulers of the shiar onstea of the kree

Mindset
I guess, but four Doombots aren't really going to tip the tide when Gladitor drops a building on him. You think a bulding is taking Doom out?

Go to the Doom respect thread.

JakeTheBank
Thor

Badabing
Batman via prep and batkick. biscuits

Mindset
Originally posted by Badabing
Batman via prep and batkick. biscuits What's the prep for, to tie his shoes?

Badabing
Originally posted by Mindset
What's the prep for, to tie his shoes? mmm I guess that would be overkill. stick out tongue

Private Pion
You think a bulding is taking Doom out?

Go to the Doom respect thread.

Nah, I was just kinda using a figure of speech, like I when people say 'like that'll help when Superman drop kicks the moon on them' or 'like that'll help when Galactus sends them through a cosmic goatse'. I wasn't being literal, I just don't think four doom bots are going to be too useful against Gladiator and the guardians, considering folks like Cap America and up destroy them.

Mindset
Ah.

Well I believe Doom could definitely put up a good fight against Glads with his magic.

Private Pion
Ah.

Well I believe Doom could definitely put up a good fight against Glads with his magic.

One on one, yeah, Doomsy wouldn't be a push over, and if it was Doomsy and four doombots versus Gladiator, it'd last even longer. However, Gladiator plus the guardians in general (including Smasher, who has strength comparable to Glads himself and others with more abstract powers) however, I think Doomsy isn't going to get off lightly in that sort of fight.

Krrraaazzzyyy
hlk wud smsh them

Private Pion
Originally posted by Krrraaazzzyyy
hlk wud smsh them

Which one?

Green Scar and his War Bound, maybe.

JakeTheBank
erm

Krrraaazzzyyy
th reg 1

JakeTheBank
th reg 1

Savage Hulk?

I don't think he could pull it off.

Krrraaazzzyyy
he is the strngest 1 ther is

Private Pion
he is the strngest 1 ther is

Good faith: Retracted.

Krrraaazzzyyy
wtf iz that suposed 2 meen?

hulk is rly tuff

JakeTheBank
Do you dislike vowels?

Krrraaazzzyyy
no it jst takes les tme

JakeTheBank
Ok.

thumb up

rotiart
Typng wtht cnsnnts s dffclt fr m

Lord S
English should be mandatory on these boards.

Enyalus
For what its worth, I think Doom would beat Gladiator more often than not. And you know how big of a Glads fanboy I am.

Mindset
For what its worth, I think Doom would beat Gladiator more often than not. And you know how big of a Glads fanboy I am. Yea me too, I just didn't feel like debating it.

The Nuul
Amazo would do this for fun.

Enyalus
Dude.

Amazo after copying Gladiators powers and Guy Gardner's confidence would be unbeatable.

Why I just had this thought, I have no idea.

The Scribe
Dude.

Amazo after copying Gladiators powers and Guy Gardner's confidence would be unbeatable.

Why I just had this thought, I have no idea.

How confident was Guy after this? wink

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9771/intjlipunch.th.jpg

Guy is arrogant and full of pride for some reason.
Pride goeth before a fall. Like in the picture above.
People drool over Amazo too much.
I'm not sure why... confused

Mindset
cometh

The Scribe
cometh

Older English

Mindset
Better English.

The Scribe
Better English.

In your opinion, but you're incorrect, and you didn't live in that time period. big grin

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Scribe
and you didn't live in that time period. big grin
Yes, he did. You're talking to the person who built the world's first time machine. Show some respect.

Mindset
Seriously, who does this kid think he is.

I'll erase his entire family tree.

The Scribe
Yes, he did. You're talking to the person who built the world's first time machine. Show some respect. Originally posted by Mindset
Seriously, who does this kid think he is.

I'll erase his entire family tree.

wacko stick out tongue

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3765/crazycatladyc.th.jpg

Tenebrous
DP Tyrant with ease

Private Pion
On the pride coming and going, both are acceptable translations, but cometh is used more often nowadays because it's more gramatically correct by modern standards.

Also, The Scribe, seriously, what is it with you posting scans out of context that actually don't help your argument? 'Guy got punched ou by Batman one time, he must have no confidence'. What the hell.

The Scribe
Also, The Scribe, seriously, what is it with you posting scans out of context that actually don't help your argument? 'Guy got punched ou by Batman one time, he must have no confidence'. What the hell.

Less than you do. wink

When did I say Batman punched Guy out more than once?

The fact is he did and your confidence has to drop after that.

Guy is more arrogant than confident.

Private Pion
Less than you do. wink

When did I say Batman punched Guy out more than once?

The fact is he did and your confidence has to drop after that.

...Ye gods.

You completely missed the point of my post so intensely hard that I think you're going backwards.

What I'M saying is that it didn't even take Guy a week to regain his confidence from that. Guy is incredibly confident, in fact over confident often. Just because a single incident occurs in your past that could make you lose confidence, doesn't mean that it'll have sort of lasting effect. I mean seriously, do you think that Guy is now a whimpering coward because Batman socked him one? Do you think that Superman is scared to fight crime because Doomsday beat him to death? Do you think Batman is a weeping ninny because Bane broke his back?

Seriously man, do you actually GET anything?

The Scribe
Just because a single incident occurs in your past that could make you lose confidence, doesn't mean that it'll have sort of lasting effect.

Sometimes things do have lasting effects.

I never said Batman knocking Guy out did.
So, why would you think that?

Private Pion
I actually face palmed at reading this. If you don't think that this effected Guy's confidence, why on earth did you post it?

Incidently, arrogance is often used to mean over confident, so either way, you're saying he's confident.

The Scribe
I actually face palmed at reading this. If you don't think that this effected Guy's confidence, why on earth did you post it?

Incidently, arrogance is often used to mean over confident, so either way, you're saying he's confident.

I posted it because I could and people forget things. big grin

Arrogant/ Arrogance does not mean over confident at all.
Having undeserved pride in oneself. A braggart.

Haughty, Conveying in demeanour the assumption of superiority; disdainful, supercilious.

Badabing

Incidently, arrogance is often used to mean over confident, so either way, you're saying he's confident. facepalm

biscuits

Private Pion
I posted it because I could and people forget things. big grin

Arrogant/ Arrogance does not mean over confident at all.
Having undeserved pride in oneself. A braggart.

Haughty, Conveying in demeanour the assumption of superiority; disdainful, supercilious.

So actually you did it for no reason at all, with no purpose what-so-ever. Gotcha.

ExodusCloak
I'd say Vulcan is crazy enough to commit suicide with a hecatomb that way everyone loses.

The Scribe
So actually you did it for no reason at all, with no purpose what-so-ever. Gotcha.

No.

Originally posted by Badabing
facepalm

biscuits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.