Paul Phoenix VS Guile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
tekken6 Paul vs SF4 Guile

Kirikaze Fuuma
Paul wins.

Darkstorm Zero
Dunno, Pauls range game is non existant, and Guile can just span Flash Kicks ala Law until Paul drops, or until Guile kills him with Sonic Hurricame/Somersault Justice.

Paul can break Boulders with a Phoenix Smasher, but the Somersault Justice brought down a Cliff side...

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Dunno, Pauls range game is non existant, and Guile can just span Flash Kicks ala Law until Paul drops, or until Guile kills him with Sonic Hurricame/Somersault Justice.

Paul can break Boulders with a Phoenix Smasher, but the Somersault Justice brought down a Cliff side...

But it was Charlie who did it.

Darkstorm Zero
It's the same move, and Charlie taught Guile how to do it.

It's no different than claiming that Kazuya's Dragon Godfist is or isn't better than Heihachi's...

Sado22
but Charlie was better though. Paul went toe-to-toe with Bryan and was hurting him...the same dude who takes Ak47 rounds and tank shells without hurting and breaks off tanks and tosses them several yards away. notice also that they were even in their blows exchange creating a huge explosion similar to the one Jin and Kazuya created. Paul is a beast.

Paul wins because of much more impressive feats. Guile's got range, but very little else going for him.

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
Speed is another one.

Actual combat experience... I don't mean just h2h either.

Sado22
well, i would say "speed" is Guile's advantage. sure the summersault and sonic boom are fast but overall, Guile's never been fast. not saying he's slow but I feel that Paul is faster.
experience, nah mane, Paul's been a fighter since he was very young. by Tekken6 its been over 20 years of fighting for him. Guile's barely in his 30's. not to mention that his level of competition has been vastly stiffer and mostly one-on-one. unlike Guile.

btw, didn't Abel block the sonic boom without getting chopped in half in the SF4 opening vid? i'd like to see IAWIA explain that.

Darkstorm Zero
Your thinking pure h2h for the experience, Paul is, as you say, a Dojo Dork, while Guile by SF4 is an experienced soldier, doing alot more different kinds of fighting.

as for speed... Nah man, Paul isn't a quick striker, and is partial to brute force more than fast striking, it's like comparing him to Law, Law is obviously fatser than Paul, and so is Guile, albeit moreso. Guile just happens to be buffer than Law.

Sado22
Paul's a street fighter. not a dojo dorker. he trains, yes, but he's shown to ride around the country pick fights as well. heck, T3 intro literally shows him busting up some thug and sending hm flying several feet away while people are looking on i.e. street fight. so he's not just a dojo dork. what you said about guile is true though but i'm not sure i'd count warfare as an edge over h2h combat. it's like saying if you're a boxer you'll be stronger than a fencer.

hmm...he seemed pretty quick against brian mate. there's this bit in his T1 ending where he throws two bottles in the air and breaks them down with his shredder attack. pretty fast imo. compared to that, guile didn't look particularly fast against Abel in the SF4 trailer. at all. i'd say they're about even.

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
Paul is experienced, no question, and I didn't deny this, but Guiles a trained soldier in a lot more ways to deal with deadly situations. Paul doesn't usually fight soldiers that well trained & experienced, let alone having ki control and having several high speed moves due to it.

The shredder is a triple hitting kick... but thats no real indication of speed rather than accuracy. Both of which Guile has in higher quantities. Brian isn't particularly fast either...

Sado22
when did guile fight soldiers like that?
i get what you're saying though. Guile's more "battle hardened".

no, the shredder is the double kick thing. if you want to do the triple kick, the command is different and its even called something else iirc. oh, and again, guile wasn't particularly fast against Able in a recent vid that came out...even his summersault didn't look particularly fast. paul in the vid look about as fast.

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
#1: Guile's a career soldier who's done behind enemy lines fighting in South America. Admittedly, Charlie had to save him once when he got captured. Ever wonder why Guile has no eyebrows? stick out tongue

#2: Abel suprised him is all. Guile's flash kick out of nowhere stopped that after 2 suplexs... thats pretty damn good considering Abel is a good foot taller and considerably heavier.

Sado22
i know that. i was asking where he encountered ki based soldiers?

must've been grenade accident laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero
Shadaloo spec ops probably, otherwise he'd never have a need for energy attacks, not without prior knowledge anyway.

Heh, he probably had a monobrow prior, and a grenade would explain his fugley apperance, pretty close to Bison & Gouki's fugley looks...

Sado22
or maybe he just learnt it for the phuck of it...esp, since Charlie is the one who taught the whole platoon that and Guile had a mancrush on Charlie even though they barely knew eachother. American airforces boys must've been getting lonely laughing

nah mane. he wanted to look all pretty for charlie and had his eye brows tweaked.....only the barber was drunk.

~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.