Alien prequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Seems a 5th alien film is on the way

jaden101
http://coreygilmore.com/uploads/2007/08/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

MildPossession
Ha ha. Steve you silly boy, there is a science fiction section, AND there is already stuff on it I believe. *whips Steve*.

steverules_2
Well even if there it isn't in this section 131

MildPossession
Your topic has moved. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Carl Rinsch is'nt in the directors chair now

Ridley is

MildPossession
Oo very nice.

jinXed by JaNx
I still insist that this franchise needs to break away from the established films but as an Alien fan this is incredible news. I'm skeptical about the chosen writer but hearing that Ridely has officially confirmed his return answers one of my big wishes. I just hope the other rumors that say there will be no Xenomorph aren't true.

Prince Nauj
Is Ripley gonna be part of this?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
Is Ripley gonna be part of this?

It's a prequel....alien was the first time she encountered the xenomorph wink

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by steverules_2
It's a prequel....alien was the first time she encountered the xenomorph wink
sad ok then

I wanted to see her in the undies ninja

steverules_2
sad ok then

I wanted to see her in the undies ninja

Why did you think Ripley would be in the prequel if you've seen the original? confused

omgchos
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I still insist that this franchise needs to break away from the established films but as an Alien fan this is incredible news. I'm skeptical about the chosen writer but hearing that Ridely has officially confirmed his return answers one of my big wishes. I just hope the other rumors that say there will be no Xenomorph aren't true.
What would movie be about then? If no aliens are to be in it.

Robtard
Originally posted by omgchos

Illegal aliens, from the Southern borders?

Prince Nauj
Why did you think Ripley would be in the prequel if you've seen the original? confused
I dont know just. You never know stick out tongue

steverules_2
I dont know just. You never know stick out tongue

Think with a prequel you would sly Maybe Miss Weaver will make a cameo of some kind or her name will be mentioned.

ToyChop
I'd love to see the backstory of that giant alien (the OTHER alien) cargo ship, the one that was giving a "STAY AWAY!" signal. That crazy barrel-chested-nose-connects-to-chest alien sitting in the turret (radar dish?) was creepy-cool...I wanna see what one looks like walking around.

Hmmm...actually, I think there was an 'Alien' comic from way back when--a Dark Horse comic--that featured one of those aliens up and about, but I don't remember being impressed by it. I'd wanna see how a film would treat 'em.

steverules_2
Well it was called space jockey for some reason...

Alpha Centauri
Ridley Scott wouldn't have signed on if it was gonna be nothing more than bludgeoning a deceased equidae based mammal.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
There were a few Alien EU novels, I quite enjoyed them.

steverules_2
Yeah they bought out some pretty good stuff smile I may buy a few Alien graphic novels from eBay smile

coolmovies
So Riddly scott tells us where the eggs came from in the prequel and why there is a space jockey?

steverules_2
Apparantly...the Space Jockey was dropping them off on planets to kill the enhabitants of the planet but...it clearly went wrong. The race is one that wanted to protect the humans and wanted to co-exist with them...thats why the the beacon was warning the ship that ripley was on to stay away.

Kazenji
Yeah they bought out some pretty good stuff smile I may buy a few Alien graphic novels from eBay smile

The new Aliens comic is pretty good so far.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
The new Aliens comic is pretty good so far.

Whats the new one called?

Kazenji
Aliens

only 2 issues in at the moment.

-Pr-
Aliens

aye. its been good too imo...

steverules_2
Aliens

Really? It's just called that? It's gonna be difficult to get it on ebay since that could bring up a number of results

Kazenji
Could try setting it to books and then put Aliens in and then go looking for comics.

steverules_2
Yeah I found it eventually...looks good smile

The Nuul
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/295309/official_ridley_scott_to_direct_new_alien_movie.html

Kazenji
Well duh he is confirmed

what i posted on page 1 pretty much said that

steverules_2
I'm glad they got Ridley Scott back, I'd rather have him or James Cameron behind the wheel of this movie

The Nuul
Are they still going with the idea of no Alien in this movie?

steverules_2
If they are it's a bad idea

coolmovies
I allways wanted to know where the eggs came from .

coolmovies
my fav shot from alien

steverules_2
Any reason why?

coolmovies
becosue they dont make movies like these anymore

SnakeEyes
I still maintain that they should have NO humans in this film, just aliens. Of course the studio probably wouldn't go for that, even though it'd be awesome.

steverules_2
But wouldn't that be an entire movie with no...speaking?

Kazenji
Its one half of the first avp movie again....

steverules_2
Oh joy

SnakeEyes
But wouldn't that be an entire movie with no...speaking?

You don't need dialogue to tell a good story. Or if they really wanted, they could subtitle the Aliens' noises. Either way, I don't want to go to another Alien movie, like I did with AVP and AVP:R, and get a movie less about aliens and more about shitty, shallow, boring, uninteresting human characters. It's time for something different.

steverules_2
I'm watching AvP:R right now sly But even with humans the movie could be good

SnakeEyes
The movie COULD be good with humans, that's true. I just wanna see something different.

And what does that face mean? AVP: Requiem is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

-Pr-
i wish we could have another movie with marines and aliens. there's plenty of stuff they could do, so it doesnt have to be like the second movie...

coolmovies
They should leave it as it is

steverules_2
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
The movie COULD be good with humans, that's true. I just wanna see something different.

And what does that face mean? AVP: Requiem is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Just means it's ironic how you bought up AvP:R as I was watching it smile I didn't think it was that bad, was better than the first one erm Which isn't very hard

darthmaul1
umm no humans would suck there would be absolutly no dialouge.
and it can't be done.

steverules_2
Unless it's AvP, then it'd rule!!

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by omgchos

i don't know, the Aliens who discovered or created them?

steverules_2
I reckon...that the story should be that scientists or an alien species...creates an egg...out of the egg comes the face hugger and it latches on to someone and BOOM out comes the alien queen, she lays the eggs and what not and the scientists or alien species tries to destroy the xenomorphs and maybe in the end they think they have so they forget about it but it turns out there's still a queen or a queen suddenly bursts out of someone...something like that

coolmovies
If you remember in alien there was a dead sceleton with its ribs broken . Maybe Scott can explain what happend to him .

steverules_2
I think they are hoping to do that

coolmovies
This is what Scott said in an interview Scott's concept for a story was "to go back to where the alien creatures were first found and explain how they were created

steverules_2
Originally posted by coolmovies
also why was there a warning to nostromo ??

It wasn't to the nostromo...it was to all space crafts/vehicles

coolmovies
ohh ok

darthmaul1

coolmovies
The first half reminds me of AR we all know how that turned out . Also the rest of it is like you said yourself (as in Alien 3 I think the final face hugger from the queen carried 2 embryos) Also it was Ash's falt for letting kane back into the space ship. I do like the following idea

You could then go back to the Weyland-Yutani scientist tracking the ship, and then go back to the Space Jockey ship a few hours later when the Space Jockey comes to. He then hops into the big telescope chair and then you can show the Space Jockey convulsing with the Queen trying to get out, he uses the telescope chair to locate a planet to land / crash on, he then resets the computer to land / crash on a planet LV-426(from Alien and Aliens) He then sets the computer to issue the warning signal. at the same time when the Queen bursts out of his chest killing him the hull breach occurs and the atmosphere gets in and makes the space jocky look as if it has been fossilized, And then the Queen chestburster goes down the hole made by the drone.

To be Honest as a big fan of the Alien saga they should never have made the AVP movies i mean look at Alien 3 Assembly Cut which is good and AR speaks forhimself.

Even if they do make a Alien prequel it will never beat the orignal masterpiece A L I E N or Aliens

darthmaul1
The first half reminds me of AR we all know how that turned out . Also the rest of it is like you said yourself (as in Alien 3 I think the final face hugger from the queen carried 2 embryos) Also it was Ash's falt for letting kane back into the space ship. I do like the following idea

You could then go back to the Weyland-Yutani scientist tracking the ship, and then go back to the Space Jockey ship a few hours later when the Space Jockey comes to. He then hops into the big telescope chair and then you can show the Space Jockey convulsing with the Queen trying to get out, he uses the telescope chair to locate a planet to land / crash on, he then resets the computer to land / crash on a planet LV-426(from Alien and Aliens) He then sets the computer to issue the warning signal. at the same time when the Queen bursts out of his chest killing him the hull breach occurs and the atmosphere gets in and makes the space jocky look as if it has been fossilized, And then the Queen chestburster goes down the hole made by the drone.

To be Honest as a big fan of the Alien saga they should never have made the AVP movies i mean look at Alien 3 Assembly Cut which is good and AR speaks forhimself.

Even if they do make a Alien prequel it will never beat the orignal masterpiece A L I E N or Aliens

Agreed it will never beat the originals, cause the element of surprise is gone, we have seen everything (dinner scene, Queen, Predator reveal, Old predators) Maybe seeing the queen face hugger thing which sideshow toys had made a model of it, would be a good surprise. and then of course the end of it as i had stated.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5980

coolmovies
You know i still have nightmears about the Alien film its still shocking

CadoAngelus
sounds good.

if you truly like the AVP saga - so far - then you could argue the predator and alien fall hand in hand...

chronologically i've worked out the films therefore are set out like this:
- Predator
- Predator 2
- AVP 1
- AVP 2
- Alien
- Alens
- Alien 3
- Alien Resurrection

now when they say a direct alien prequel, there's no doubt that they are in no way including the AVP series...so it would be what? the discovery of the xenomorphs by the weyland corporation and the initial contract given to the crew of the nostromo to find and capture a xenomorph?

it seems like a pretty open concept. you could do whatever you wanted really, provided you include at least one xenomorph in the film. i bet all those dedicated and devout alien fans are drooling

Kazenji

steverules_2
I'm wondering if the aliens were man made or made by another race, either way it went wrong clearly

CadoAngelus
or too right... messed

The Nuul
I like to think they are another race or if someone/thing made them is not a bad idea but it would ruin my childhood dreams of them. I like the mystery of where they came from.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by The Nuul
I like to think they are another race or if someone/thing made them is not a bad idea but it would ruin my childhood dreams of them. I like the mystery of where they came from.

i think that is half the fascination with the Xenomorphs...though you have to wonder, how Weyland Corp knew that a colony resided on LV-426...makes me wonder a lot about where they came from...

coolmovies
If you made it what whould the story be ? Mine would be two members finding the eggs and sending a warning to other ships not to come to the planet .

The prequel happens 20 years before Alien takes place

bulletproofcour
I can tell you exactly how a younger Ripley would fit into a prequel: "The Company" (her employer) grows to dislike her for some reason, so her name comes up for the high risk, long-term mission to LV247.

By working her character development backward, it's no problem to write scenes of a young Ripley clashing with male superiors and maybe getting a whiff of wicked Company secrets, becoming a liability.

Ripley (to Company man): "So you're saying I should suppress my report? Just shut up and forget it about and go about my day? Listen, I know I owe everything to The Company, but how can I-"

Company man: "That's right, Ripley. Everything. That's what you stand to lose here."

etc. etc. etc.

Begs the question: what young actress shall we cast to play a young Ripley?

The Nuul
How old would she be?

bulletproofcour
She would be just as old as Ripley in the first Alien movie, maybe 1 or 2 years younger.

A young Sigourney Weaver look-alike could be cast, who could this be?

Or the ol' lady could do it herself using Benjamin-Button reverse aging effects. Sigourney's not decrepit yet, I think it would still work.

coolmovies
Sounds like aliens to me anyway where do you think the eggs came from ?

CadoAngelus
Sounds like aliens to me anyway where do you think the eggs came from ?

a space chicken...

Kazenji
It all makes sense now them aliens from the Space Jockey stole them from a space farm.

coolmovies
I thought the queen was suposed to lay the eggs.

The Nuul
So around her 20s?

The Nuul
I'm thinking Natalie Portman.

CadoAngelus
I'm thinking Natalie Portman.

nah, she's too thin to play an alien queen.

darthmaul1

Kazenji
Just watched a thing where James Cameron goes he hates the AVP movies saying how they pretty much screwed up franchise.

steverules_2
That because they did smile Least when JC made the alien sequel is what actually good, he's made 2 of the greatest sequels: Aliens and Terminator 2, so when he says they screwed up a franchise then you know he's right smile

Kazenji
No doubt if he do a AVP movie it would 100x better then what we have now.

steverules_2
If JC had done AVP then it woulda been totally epic big grin I wish he would do it but I doubt he would, just re-boot AVP if it could be called a re-boot since there were just two films

CadoAngelus
If JC had done AVP then it woulda been totally epic big grin I wish he would do it but I doubt he would, just re-boot AVP if it could be called a re-boot since there were just two films

at the moment there's only 2 films, god knows what fox has in store for their fan base as regards to AVP...

Kazenji
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14367

steverules_2
I'm liking the sound of that, I was playing the new AvP game yesterday, playing the marine mission and I got an audio diary that actually raised what I thought was a pretty good question...were the xenomorphs created by the predators?

The Nuul
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14367

Yuck, I am going to sick of this 3D gimick quickly.

steverules_2
It is getting old but I do find them to be quite fun...I've only seen one movie in 3D and that was avatar

The Nuul
This might be a new trilogy...

"But even if you hate 3-D, try to have an open mind, because Christian believes that Ridley might be able to deliver another trilogy, even though Christian isn't officially attached to work on this yet".

steverules_2
Alien was good so I'm hoping the prequel is as well

The Nuul
I am iffy about this...

BruceSkywalker
dunno about this just yet.. i will see it though

timelord3
I hope it isn't like "Insurrection"

steverules_2
...you mean resurrection

The Nuul
So the Star Wars issue will happen again eh! the tech and props for Alien is so outdated now, a prequel comes out and it has amazing stuff.

Kazenji
Lets hope not

Ridley better have his head screwed on unlike with lucas that forgot about the acting.

Kazenji
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14954

The Nuul
Very Intresting but I cannot stand the idea of 3-D.

Kazenji
Lets hope they do it both ways 2D or 3D when you go to see the film.

The Nuul
They better!

Sadako of Girth
Cant wait to see how this turns out.

Esomark
We will finally have the mystery behind the Space Jockey revealed! smile

Kazenji
Hopefully in a good way.

steverules_2
Hopefully we find out how they were created, but then that highly doubtfull since in AvP it seems they were around before Egyptian times and 2085 doesn't exactly say origin there....unless AvP isn't canon I dunno erm

-Pr-
Hopefully we find out how they were created, but then that highly doubtfull since in AvP it seems they were around before Egyptian times and 2085 doesn't exactly say origin there....unless AvP isn't canon I dunno erm

i'd be surprised if scott (i think it is) takes any of the AVP movies as canon. i don't mind the aliens being thousands of years old, i just hope they explain them properly...

The Nuul
Scott better not take the AVP series as canon.

Esomark

I think there's still room to show that the Jockey's created the xenos, especially because of the Derelict Jockey being found fossilized.
I read a report around the time AVP came out that Ridley felt the series was, "wrung dry and no longer interesting" to him. Obviously he's changed his mind but his feelings for AVP might still hold true.

steverules_2
Scott better not take the AVP series as canon.

Well the AvP movies were just a disaster

Sadako of Girth
Indeed they were.

Horrible.. horrible.... horrible.

queeq
No words there are to describe their worseness.

Esomark
My friend only liked Requiem simply because it was R. Doesn't change the fact it still sucked.

steverules_2
I wanted the little girl to die...you know just...have her head explode after getting shot by the pred plasma gun or summit erm She annoyed the hell outta me 'Why didn't you save Daddy!?!' the most retarded question ever mad Daddy had a xenomorph on him, if you wanna be used as a cocoon for a xeno then fine mad

Myth
There will be 2 Alien prequels, Ridley is only assured for the first one and probably for the 2nd:

http://chud.com/articles/articles/23511/1/RIDLEY-SCOTT039S-ALIEN-PREQUEL-IS-A-TWO-PARTER/Page1.html

The Nuul
AWESOME, two things though, better not take AVP as canon and pleaseeee stay away from 3-D or make both versions.

steverules_2
Sounds good smile I wanna see how these b*tches were created, see the first Alien queen..the space Jockey musta had a queen in him

jinXed by JaNx
AWESOME, two things though, better not take AVP as canon and pleaseeee stay away from 3-D or make both versions.

CadoAngelus
Sounds good smile I wanna see how these b*tches were created, see the first Alien queen..the space Jockey musta had a queen in him

Wasn't it the same planet in Alien as Aliens? If that's the case both films would make sense, having a queen chest burst a space jockey and set up hive on the planet then humans come and colonies decades or centuries later while the queen is still alive...then again I could be completely wrong lol

roughrider

I hear it will be in 3-D.
Fine with me, as long as Ridley Scott is directing! Happy Dance

...If it is a two parter, wouldn't it be a great bone to the fans if James Cameron directed the second one?
Almost two decades ago, he responded to a question about directing Alien 4 - "I would direct Alien 4 if they got Ridley Scott to do Alien 3. But they didn't, so I won't."

Well...? shifty

steverules_2
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Wasn't it the same planet in Alien as Aliens? If that's the case both films would make sense, having a queen chest burst a space jockey and set up hive on the planet then humans come and colonies decades or centuries later while the queen is still alive...then again I could be completely wrong lol

Yeah the planet was the same

-Pr-
http://vimeo.com/11569380

The Nuul
ok?

-Pr-
seemed like the right place to post it... shrug

Koenig
I just hope this prequel is good and dose well.

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
seemed like the right place to post it... shrug

Thats got nothing to do with this prequel. Its just an AVP fan video...

That vid should have been better off in an AVP thread, no?

-Pr-
Thats got nothing to do with this prequel. Its just an AVP fan video...

That vid should have been better off in an AVP thread, no?

but then nobody would have seen it, and it deserves to be watched, imo.

steverules_2
Wasn't bad I guess...

Kazenji
it had the same problem as AVP: R with it being too dark.....but other then that it was okay.

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
but then nobody would have seen it, and it deserves to be watched, imo.

Fair enough.

mardook
I always thought that the Space Jockey/Pilot was like an expendable. His race created the Ultimate weapon, taking all the characteristics/traits of many creatures and putting them into one to unleash onto their enemies but it ended up killing him before he got there. I am excited about the movie though.

Kazenji
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637638/20100422/story.jhtml

Scythe
Yay, progress!

The Nuul
dance

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68363

Master_Starbuck
First off, where did you get your information on the Space Jockey? I've read nothing to indicate that his species wanted to live in peace with humans - in fact, I remember the movie mentioning that the ship and the distress beacon itself were several thousand years old.
Humans at the time would have no space travel or advanced technology, so it's improbable that these aliens would even know they existed.

More likely, the Space Jockey race themselves encountered those Xenomorphs either on that colony planet, or else picked one up on some other world and at some point they suffered a similar event as happened aboard the Nostromo later on in the film.

Also, AVP:R sucked dick. Seriously. It was the Brothers Strauss's attempt at taking the genre into a more conventional horror movie approach, which was both a retarded idea to begin with, and of course didn't end up working at all.

Aliens Versus Predator was birthed out of an excellent PC game series that told a story in the Aliens universe around the time that Ellen Ripley and the team of Marines went back to that colony to retrieve specimens.
The sequel game of that series took place around that same time frame.

The movies with the coinciding titles should ALSO have followed this, accordingly.
At the time I went to see the first AVP movie, I initially frowned greatly, seeing that it didn't even take place at the time frame it was supposed to...
Then as the film progressed I saw that, yeah, they want to tell a backstory about the foundation of Weyland Yutani Corp.
Okay, that's fine. You explained where the Bishop model came from (creator of the company) you explained that the Predator race used the aliens in their hunts, that they actually had them on Earth in the past, etc...

Okay.

Now, then. Why the **** does the sequel take place in a little ass town that has nothing to do with anything, and accordingly the next hour and a half of the film have absolutely nothing to do with Weyland Yutani, or anything preceding in the later games?
Just complete bullshit, and teens running away from a scary monster.
And then a Rastafarian-esqe Pred-alien hybrid fighting off some aliens.
Oh yeah, and the movie was grotesque in that it was obviously trying to cross taboo boundaries in films just to get your attention - the way a four year old tries to get attention by blowing his nose into his hands, and then eating his own snot.

Things like having a kid being attacked and then exploded out from by a face-hugger, and a pregnant woman getting infested with Alien larvae, and then later showing those same aliens grotesquely eating them and then bursting out of the pregnant mom.
And a nursery full of crying babies getting killed...

All that shit was done for attention, not for the sake of storyline, but for mere attention, and shock-value, the way you, as a director, would want to shock a bunch of moronic junior-high students on a movie-outing.

Absolute retardenation.

So AVP:R was nothing but a pile of steaming dog shit.
I actually bought it for use as a doorstop.
Seriously, it's sitting right in front of me as I'm typing this, right alongside my front door.

The new AVP movie can't be about nothing but Aliens, that would be retarded because it would just be a bunch of Xenomorphs walking around snarling at things.
It can't be with them having subtitles under them while they snarl, because any moron with half a brain and knows anything about the movies at all, knows it was already established early on that they aren't sentient.
They're just animals. That's why they're used in hunts.

So when they snarl, they aren't speaking in a language to each other - they're just snarling.
They have a hive mentality, like ants, nothing more.

So, the new AVP movie needs to take place at the time it SHOULD have initially, which is, accordingly, during the era where Aliens took place.
In fact, it needs to begin where the first game began, though, it should build upon that original story, though not in a way that is retarded.

Thoughts?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Master_Starbuck
Aliens Versus Predator was birthed out of an excellent PC game series that told a story in the Aliens universe around the time that Ellen Ripley and the team of Marines went back to that colony to retrieve specimens.
The sequel game of that series took place around that same time frame.

Actually it was birthed out a Comic book series (which is still going to this day) then followed the games.

Master_Starbuck
Actually it was birthed out a Comic book series (which is still going to this day) then followed the games.

Irregardless. You know all the other shit I said was right.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Master_Starbuck
Irregardless. You know all the other shit I said was right.

Yeah i know the avp movies are a disgrace to the scource material.

Koenig
Interesting.

Full artical on Ridley Scott
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/ridley-scott-im-doing-pretty-good-if-you-think-about-it-2068888.html

The Nuul
Fck hes old, didnt know hes that old!

The Nuul
I am pumped for this.

Kazenji
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16416

MildPossession
Gemma Arterton might be in this. I can't be arsed to read through the pages to find out if mentioned already. stick out tongue

She mentioned it in an interview I read.

Tex
This is definitely the movie I'm most eagerly anticipating, I'm just hoping Ridley Scott doesn't screw it up. He's definitely been making some sh!t recently.

jinXed by JaNx
No he hasn't. American Gangster may have been lacking but it was by no means shit. Body of Lies, Robin Hood and A good year were all good movies. They may not be masterpieces but they're still class. I'll take, A good year, Body of lies and Robin hood over GI Jane and Hannibal any day.

jinzin
robin Hood started out pretty damned good but it utterly fell apart by the end of the film IMO.

He just tossed as much crap on screen as he could.. no expression

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinzin
He just tossed as much crap on screen as he could.. no expression

Such as?

jinzin
The D-day like invasion scene which completely re-used shots we've already seen in Saving Private Ryan.
The tribe of lost boys which were part of some odd sub-plot that looked like it MIGHT go somewhere but never got fleshed out so it ended up just looking like an even odder plot device to get Robin Hood out to the woods, as if he and his other long term soldiers couldn't do that on their own.
Merian showing up to the final confrontation WITH said lost boys in full plait armor and chain mail ala Joan of Arc even though she really had NO place there fighting the French.
The mass of English cheering on Robin Hood at the end of the battle as if he was the essential key to victory even though he had only assumed any sort of leadership over what little command he took to Sherwood that very morning.
King John in the fray of the battle.. Friar Tuck(?!) in the fray of the battle.

The glossed over script that had John identifying Robon Hood even though we never got to see at what point and just HOW Hood was found out.

Yeah... it had a lot of potential and started out nice enough, but the end was a mishmash of convoluted story telling and filmaking IMO.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinzin
The tribe of lost boys which were part of some odd sub-plot that looked like it MIGHT go somewhere but never got fleshed out

Well if you did'nt know your Robin Hood thats obvisouly hinting at his Merrymen

Well King John got jealous because the french surrended to Robin quickly not him so he declares him an outlaw.

roughrider
Originally posted by MildPossession
Gemma Arterton might be in this. I can't be arsed to read through the pages to find out if mentioned already. stick out tongue

She mentioned it in an interview I read.

Seems to be either her or Noomi Rapace from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>