What do these mean to you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
1. What goes around comes around.
2. The best place to hide something is in the open.
3. Be careful what you wish for...you might get it.

Think they're true? If so, why?

leonheartmm
1. not true in this world, no matter how much you want to beleive it

2. stupidity

3. elaborating that it isnt external things that bring happiness but internal perception/self image/emotions

Digi
Everything I wish for is awesome. I'm very careful what I wish for, because each one of those things should happen.

*waits for his own personal sharktipus to be best friends with*

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mindship

1. True, kharma is a *****.
2. Last place someone would look I guess?
3. Yup. Count your blessings, be grateful for what you DO have, NOT what you DONT have.

=Tired Hiker=

1. I beleive this is true. Every decision you make affects you in a certain way. If you make bad decisions and surround yourself with bad things and bad people, then it is more likely that negative things will happen to you as opposed to making good decisions and surrounding yourself with good things.

2. Sometimes if you hide something where people least expect it, they won't find it. True.

3. The outcome of obtaining something you want could very well be different than what you expect...sometimes in a very bad way. True.

Shadow Spider
1) That can go either way. Sometimes it could be mere coincidence and you make it appear to be that. Other times it really is "what goes around comes around".
2) This can also go either way. If something is in the open you might not notice it since you instinctively go for the least likely and best hidden spot. But if said spot is perfectly hidden then that works just as well.
3) True, sometimes people can wish for things out of a sudden lapse in judgment (usually something negative). When they come true they'll regret it because they never really wanted it.

Lord Lucien

Think they're true? If so, why? 1. My boomerang never worked.
2. Stupidity.
3. If only.

TurboDouche
1. MY DICK, GET IT? TRUE
2. See above
3. ... I have nothing for that one.

WINGET

Bicnarok
All wrong, there is not set rule for anything.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Bicnarok
All wrong, there is not set rule for anything. This reeks of cosmic absolutism.

How hypocritically paradoxical.

siriuswriter

1. SOMETIMES. but the fact remains, life will never be fair. one person may always receive the thumbs down and another the thumbs up. true in a utopian society, but the real world has things like 'different backgrounds' and 'different life-experiences.' so if this happens, it's probably more a coincidence or acute observation and action taken by the victim.

2. i believe this wholeheartedly, and so does sherlock holmes. smile

3. i also try to keep this in mind. with my particular life history, i often wish that something didn't happen at a very specific time - so i try to think of what the other road would have lead to. most of the time, i end up in a place i wouldn't want to be, so just have to suck it up and try to be okay with my life as it is.

psycho gundam
if events are possible, the probability of them happening to anyone is always present.

it's up to the individual to increase/decrease whatever happenings in life they want to happen/not happen to them to the best of their abilities and knowledge. knowledge and personal power aren't fixed.

WhoopeeDee

1. Things repeat themselves.

2. A person with no secrets.

3. I wish for a banana split with lots of whip cream. I can easily go out and buy one. No harm done since my wish is not something harmful...however, if I'm in a diet and trying to cut back...then yeah...I might harm myself.

Sorry if I wasn't too analytical...I'm just lazy today.

mindbomb
1 true for the most part
2 means you should not hide anything dont no how some people dont get that
3 same as number 1

Lt_Champion

1. totally true, a girl at mom's office made fun of us when we were having financial trouble when my daddy had cancer. She then got cancer.

2. True, I put things out in the open so mom can easily see it, and she still ends up asking me where it is, and no one looks for something out in the open

3. totally true! I wished for my dad to no longer be in pain and that he wouldnt die of cancer. Within a few months.... he died, not of cancer like everyone thought (due to him having had it three times) but because he was on a blood thinner and a major blood vessel burst by his heart and he bleed out. I wished for him not to be in pain, he isnt in pain. I wished he wouldnt die of cancer... and he didnt. Oh and mom once told a girl "i hope your crotch rots off" because the girl had caused mom's then husband to cheat on her, and the girl got vaginal cancer.

DarthLazious
Originally posted by leonheartmm
1. not true in this world, no matter how much you want to beleive it

2. stupidity

3. elaborating that it isnt external things that bring happiness but internal perception/self image/emotions

I agree.

Quark_666

Myths that feed off of coincidence.

Deja~vu

1. Probably true in most points but sometimes it just takes awhile before you see it. I've seen many examples of this, but I am still waiting for the others to take fruit. Maybe they have and I just don't know about it.

2. Pretty true. People generally don't look in an obvious place. I should remember that one.

3. Absolutely true. I'm glad I didn't get everything I had wished for or I would have grown taller. Lol

linguistics
1: What you might desire, you will understand in time
2: You will find everything in nature (before industialisation), if you know what you are seeking .
3: Do not let your ego take over, be aware of choise .
Please do think these shortened answers through.
Simon

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Quark_666
Myths that feed off of coincidence.

Best answer. The support for most of these things are anecdotes.

Indieboi918
This is what I think they mean, I don't totlly believe all of them

1. What goes around comes around. = Your actions towards others will be reflected back to you either through that person or another person/ action.

2. The best place to hide something is in the open. = Sometimes if you hide something in a really obvious place people will think that it's too obvious of a place and will never look there.

3. Be careful what you wish for...you might get it. = Sometimes when you are feeling very powerful emotions you may say something you really don't mean because your emotions have taken over. So you may regret saing it.

dadudemon

1. I picture throwing, really really hard, an object away from the earth, but, Earth's gravity pulls the object in a circular/elliptical orbit such that, the object comes back to me.

Think of it as a dot, on one side of the circle...then...that dot sends an object around the circle. This is the "goes around" part. Since it will come, "full circle", what goes around will eventually come around to you again.

That serves as a metaphor for the human construct of reciprocity and/or karma.

2. That's a false idea that just sounds good. It plays off the idea that people will over look items that are easy to find. There is actually some psychology behind that: some people will be so focused on a task that they will overlook some rather humorous things. See the gorilla basketball video clip.

3. Means that some people don't know the consequences of what they wish for. Wish for immortaility: live through life, suffering the loss of everyone around. It could also mean: I wish you were dead! You don't really...do you? big grin

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
1. I picture throwing, really really hard, an object away from the earth, but, Earth's gravity pulls the object in a circular/elliptical orbit such that, the object comes back to me. I always liked the lightbeam which travels the closed universe to come back to the source. Man, if that lightbeam could only talk...

2. That's a false idea that just sounds good. It plays off the idea that people will over look items that are easy to find. There is actually some psychology behind that: some people will be so focused on a task that they will overlook some rather humorous things. When I look for something in the supermarket, my wife will often (jokingly, mostly) remind me to look peripherally, since I get so intent sometimes when looking for something and won't see it right in front of my friggin' face.

3. Means that some people don't know the consequences of what they wish for. Wish for immortaility: live through life, suffering the loss of everyone around. At the very least, don't get a life sentence for some crime (great Twilight Zone episode).

Rogue Jedi

Karma, what you do comes back on you.

People ignore the obvious.

Be grateful for what you DO have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.