Green Lantern Corps vs. JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arkyde331
who would win all the green lantern corps vs. the JLA....

(the green lanterns in the JLA go to the GL Side.)

JakeTheBank
The Corps.

Raoul
is this every member of the JLA ever, or just the current lineup?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Raoul
is this every member of the JLA ever, or just the current lineup?

Good question.

BradBalboa
JLA Has much more variety and what not...

hmmm.... A certain amount of JLA members could maybe beat the whole corps, its not impossible.

DTM
Yes, if it were every JLA member ever, Ill go JLA, if its just specific teams, Ill go GL Corps.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by BradBalboa
JLA Has much more variety and what not...

hmmm.... A certain amount of JLA members could maybe beat the whole corps, its not impossible.
They aren't beating 1000+ plus. John Steward was able to put them down in Gl:Rebirth. Biggest problem is Spectre, Superman, and Zantana

DTM
Spectre was a member of the JLA?

Enyalus
Originally posted by DTM
Spectre was a member of the JLA?
No.

And Superman would stalemate the GLC. Ask Starfire. And J'onn is more powerful than Superman and the rest of the League combined. Ask Superman. So JLA win.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
No.

And Superman would stalemate the GLC. Ask Starfire. So JLA wins.
You sure?

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
You sure?
No, I never know what I'm talking about.

BradBalboa
Superman only says John is more powerful in the name of Gog its not literal. Plus when John beat them he targeted weak points and they werent exactly going to fight back plus beign a GL comic its bound to eb a lil biased towards Gl charactsers over other DCU. Specifi member, it wuld depend what meber, Superman Batman Jo'hn flash wonder woman, and a few others workign together with prep could pull it off.

also is this with killer intent??....

Enyalus
Superman only says John is more powerful in the name of Gog its not literal. Plus when John beat them he targeted weak points and they werent exactly going to fight back plus beign a GL comic its bound to eb a lil biased towards Gl charactsers over other DCU. Specifi member, it wuld depend what meber, Superman Batman Jo'hn flash wonder woman, and a few others workign together with prep could pull it off.
J'onn. Not John. Martian Manhunter.

cloud102
Spectre was an honorary member.

BradBalboa
J'onn. Not John. Martian Manhunter.

sorry, forgot how to write it.

batdude123
They aren't beating 1000+ plus. John Steward was able to put them down in Gl:Rebirth. Biggest problem is Spectre, Superman, and Zantana

Plus Phantom Stranger

Entity
No way is the JLA beating 7200 Green Lanterns without PIS. Jus not gonna happen.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by batdude123
Plus Phantom Stranger
Guardians can handle him.

Konton
No.

And Superman would stalemate the GLC. Ask Starfire. And J'onn is more powerful than Superman and the rest of the League combined. Ask Superman. So JLA win.

Starfire?
Huh?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Konton
Starfire?
Huh?
It's a quote from her when she's facing Synnar. She says something like, "We need the Green Lantern Corps or a Superman to deal with him."

BruceSkywalker
If Batman is on this team.. He stomps them all by himself stick out tongue

seriously though, which members of the JLA and GLC are we talking about?

Slaanesh
GLC stomp the JLA..with Hal, Yat, Kyle, John, Guy and Kilowog in the GLC..they are to much for the JLA..

Tazer
Yo.

Superman only says John is more powerful in the name of Gog its not literal.

I thought he said that during the Fernus -storyline, when Jonn left his butt phased in the meeting room table??

Plus when John beat them he targeted weak points and they werent exactly going to fight back plus beign a GL comic its bound to eb a lil biased towards Gl charactsers over other DCU.

he only did that on Supes, and since when is targeting a weak point grounds for dismissal for the doleing out a butt-whuppin'??

thats like saying Bats should have any wins due to dislocating shoulders or atk'n the joints of bad guys since *those* are weak points too.........

Specifi member, it wuld depend what meber, Superman Batman Jo'hn flash wonder woman, and a few others workign together with prep could pull it off.

yea, but if U give 1 side prep, it could be used to take out *anybody*; U could have the Great Lakes Avengers take out the Infinity Watch or the Legion of Super Heroes via prep if U go that route..........

which is pretty much the only way the JLA would take on a group that contains 7200 members.

Tazer

Arkyde331
yep.... every JLA member

currently though

Philosophía
Originally posted by Arkyde331
yep.... every JLA member

currently though crylaugh

Survivor19
Can't let this comment pass unanswered.
GLA obviously win that, since they have Squirrel Girl on their roster.

Current JLA does not have Batman, therefore they lose.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Arkyde331
yep.... every JLA member

currently though
I think they are all like split into groups. Not sure!

Entity
Originally posted by Survivor19

Current JLA does not have Batman, therefore they lose. Its why there falling apart!

Its okay let Dick get a year or two under the cowl and he'll reform the league. A new better younger league!

My thoughts,
Dick Grayson,
Connor Kent, Older and back from the future with all the experience needed to replace Clark as Superman II
Kyle Rayner, A Green Lantern or back to Ion, I'm cool with either.
Tim Drake, Robin again
Roy Harper, Red Arrow
Bart Allen, Back as Flash
Micheal Holt, Mister Terrific
Garth aka Aqualad as the new Aquaman
Metamorpho
Raven
Donna Troy
Starfire
Static Shock
Miss Martian
Shazam, Freddy Freeman

I know its mostly titans but I think thats the way it should be.

Raoul
Originally posted by Entity
Its why there falling apart!

Its okay let Dick get a year or two under the cowl and he'll reform the league. A new better younger league!

My thoughts,
Dick Grayson,
Connor Kent, Older and back from the future with all the experience needed to replace Clark as Superman II
Tim Drake, Robin again
Roy Harper, Red Arrow
Metamorpho
Raven
Donna Troy
Starfire
Static Shock
Miss Martian
Shazam, Freddy Freeman

you just named the JLA subs bench... messed

Entity
Originally posted by Raoul
you just named the JLA subs bench... messed There's a reason they're the subs!

These are the guys that are one day gonna replace the current JLA when their time is up and these guys have gained the experiance to step up and take the mantles. wink

Kris Blaze
There's a reason they're the subs!

These are the guys that are one day gonna replace the current JLA when their time is up and these guys have gained the experiance to step up and take the mantles. wink

What they won't be able to do however, is stop the Green Lantern corps.

Which is what the thread is about.

xJLxKing
Its why there falling apart!

My thoughts,
Dick Grayson,
Tim Drake, Robin again
Roy Harper, Red Arrow
Metamorpho
Raven
Donna Troy
Starfire
Static Shock
Miss Martian
Shazam, Freddy Freeman

It won't take more then a few hundred of GL alongside Hal to completely stomp on them.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Survivor19

Current JLA does not have Batman, therefore they lose.

not originally they didnt, but I didnt specify that so............

big grin

Tazer

Lord Feron
GLC no freaking way JLA is doing beating therm all.

ExodusCloak
How many of those 7200 have feats?? Each GL has different levels of experience with their rings and if anything the Stormtrooper Effect should apply here.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
How many of those 7200 have feats?? Each GL has different levels of experience with their rings and if anything the Stormtrooper Effect should apply here.
Doesn't matter. Hal, can charge many of them to full power. It wouldn't take more then 1000 average Gl to kill most of the JLA members,

Add Hal, Yat, Kyle, and the others and you got your self a huge one sided fight.

ExodusCloak
Doesn't matter. Hal, can charge many of them to full power. It wouldn't take more then 1000 average Gl to kill most of the JLA members,

Add Hal, Yat, Kyle, and the others and you got your self a huge one sided fight.

Of course it would matter, no feat GL's are the equivalent of Hand Ninja's in KMC fights regardless of much Hal charges them up. There is no way to gauge their experience with the rings since a lot of them don't last very long.

rotiart
as of right now the gl corps is what 2-3 years old? After reforming? Most newgls are rookies

Of course you do have sodam hat Kyle hal kilowog... Mogo died right?
But you also have those... Special internal affairs lanterns or whatever they ate called...

You got a strong starting lineup and 1550 more members of cannon fodder.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by rotiart
as of right now the gl corps is what 2-3 years old? After reforming? Most newgls are rookies

But you also have those... Special internal affairs lanterns or whatever they ate called...

Not to mention that a lot of those rookies have been replaced multiple times over thanks to their encounters with the other coloured Corps.

It's the equivalent of pitching the Imperial Guard in a verses thread when at least 80% of them are just Wallpaper and have not performed a single feat on panel. Of course people like Smasher do and then get replaced immediately.

Heck look how the Original GL, Phoenix and Nova Corps got decimated.

Forever Nick
Mogo is still alive

xJLxKing
Originally posted by rotiart

Mogo is alive. Even rookies are tough.

Tazer
Yo.

Not to mention that a lot of those rookies have been replaced multiple times over thanks to their encounters with the other coloured Corps.

...........ok, thats fair.

It's the equivalent of pitching the Imperial Guard in a verses thread when at least 80% of them are just Wallpaper and have not performed a single feat on panel. Of course people like Smasher do and then get replaced immediately.

the diff is, however, that the IG has pretty much gone unchanged for most of its inception beyond maybe TWO deaths and the addition of 3; Id say that kinda keeps them from suffering from the "Hand ninja" -rule...........

Heck look how the Original GL, Phoenix and Nova Corps got decimated.

the original was reduced to 2/3's due to Darkseid discovering their weakness to yellow, and the Nova Corps were *never* that strong to begin with, so them getting wiped out isnt an impossibility.

but I gotta ask: wats the Phoenix Corps??

Tazer

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

but I gotta ask: wats the Phoenix Corps??

Tazer

The Phoenix Corps are the souls of all the beings in all realities that ever ascended to become a Phoenix Host. They live in a city inside the M'Kraan Crystal, the nexus point of all realities this exists outside time and space.

The Phoenix Corps (There were a lot of them) ...

http://img88.imageshack.us/i/nxm15421ei4.jpg/
http://img70.imageshack.us/i/nxm15422md1.jpg/

...were murdered by Vulcan in a What if, but since they existed outside reality they are now considered dead in all realities.

There are only two members left, an alternate reality Jean Grey and Kid Vulcan.

Originally posted by Galan007
In a recent 'What If', Vulcan was transported to the WHR, through the M'Kraan Crystal...

======

After killing nearly every alternate version of Phoenix -- Gabriel himself becomes the embodiment of the Force:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix1.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix2.jpg

----------

Takes the Phoenix Force from other characters:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix3.jpg

----------

According to a Watcher, Gabriel had already destroyed 7 Galaxies:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix4.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix5.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.