Zatanna vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Konton
They each have one month prep.

JakeTheBank
I think Loki could scheme abit better than Zatanna in one month.

xJLxKing
zantanna

Kris Blaze
Loki.

Not all magicians are so shit they need to speak in order to perform magic.

Inb4rareincidentswheresheusesmagicwithoutspeaking.

Konton
She doesn't NEED too.
It's been said she does so out of psychological habit.
Since KMC rules state she operates at full capacity within her abilities, she won't HAVE to do so in this fight.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Konton
She doesn't NEED too.
Since KMC rules state she operates at full capacity within her abilities, she won't HAVE to do so in this fight.

CIS is still in effect, she still fights like she normally would.

That means she would be trying her best spells, not breaking character.

Digi
I've never seen her do anything Loki couldn't, and he's got better base stats. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but Loki in a clean win imo.

Enyalus
^ Yeah. Especially with a month's prep.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Digi
I've never seen her do anything Loki couldn't, and he's got better base stats. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but Loki in a clean win imo.

Ummmm, Seven Soldiers? What the f**k? She ripped a universe apart to take down Zor, someone who used to fight the Spectre.

cloud102
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ummmm, Seven Soldiers? What the f**k? She ripped a universe apart to take down Zor, someone who used to fight the Spectre.

Zor was a New God weapon to boot, but didn't Zatanna have help to defeat Zor? She didn't do it on her own.

Naija boy
Loki.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by cloud102
Zor was a New God weapon to boot, but didn't Zatanna have help to defeat Zor? She didn't do it on her own.

She still wrecked a universe like a paper construct and trashed reality several times. She also had Zor by the throat.

Warlord
Loki

cloud102
She still wrecked a universe like a paper construct and trashed reality several times. She also had Zor by the throat.

yeah, but if you are going to compare THAT Zatanna against Loki, Zatanna stomps.

Mindset
Ummmm, Seven Soldiers? Yes, Seven Soldiers.

Stunner2xx
Loki wins.
Too smart for her

Allankles
I think Zatanna would take this. She appears the more powerful magician, plus she's more creative/talented in magical combat matters.

As for Seven Soldiers she was able to reality warp on a universal scale and fight Zor with the help of an NG artifact (Gwydion the Merlin Sprite made of living language).

Allankles
Originally posted by Stunner2xx
Loki wins.
Too smart for her

Zatanna is a prodigy in magical affairs. She was able to match Zor in a battle of not just power but calculated risk. She's quite good at analyzing and deciphering complex problems. Either way it would be a great fight.

Hyperion Prime
She doesn't NEED too.

She does need to or else when Amazo removed her mouth she would have not worried about dieing. She had to write the words in order to remove the spell. Loki would own her ass.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Allankles
I think Zatanna would take this. She appears the more powerful magician, plus she's more creative/talented in magical combat matters.

As for Seven Soldiers she was able to reality warp on a universal scale and fight Zor with the help of an NG artifact (Gwydion the Merlin Sprite made of living language).

More creative than Loki.

Hah.

Allankles
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
She does need to or else when Amazo removed her mouth she would have not worried about dieing. She had to write the words in order to remove the spell. Loki would own her ass.

That's why people have said it's a psychological issue, not a real limitation. Several other characters have affected her in the same way.

I've seen her counter magical attacks without using words.

Lord Feron
Zatanna has impressive capabilities but not enough to "outclass" loki. Loki is hands down more creative, cunning, and devious. With Prep Loki will destroy her.

Random encounter that would be a pretty fight.

Nihilist
Loki 10/10 with a month prep.

Konton
Does he have access to the amount of equipment she does?

Have you seen her house? =p

Juntai
That's why people have said it's a psychological issue, not a real limitation. Several other characters have affected her in the same way.

I've seen her counter magical attacks without using words. She also wrote a magic spell when Joker trapped her and Batman.

Allankles
Does he have access to the amount of equipment she does?

Have you seen her house? =p

Prep works fine for her too.

Allankles
Originally posted by Juntai
She also wrote a magic spell when Joker trapped her and Batman.

Apart from the psychology explanation I haven't read a story that delved into why she uses words.

But from what I've read the major reason may have something to do with her father's careful application of magic, words were used to make precise spells. Zatanna followed in his footsteps so it was natural that she use words for those same reasons.

Konton
It's not like it takes her a significant amount of time to cast spells anyways. It's been stated they aren't instantaneous, but she has freaking bullet feats.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2885/fate1013wd1.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/817/zatannabulletsandflamesvw8.png

Here she was able to shield herself from being struck with lazers when both Superman and Batman couldn't react quick enough.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2613/justiceleagueofamerica1zc2.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3647/justiceleagueofamerica1ip2.jpg

Blocked a blitzing (mind controlled) Mary Marvel.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9784/racerxcountdown36p16sx4.jpg

I highly doubt the speed of the individuals spell casting would be an issue.

Konton
bump

Kris Blaze
There's not much to say really. It's just not that impressive.

Loki reduced Bor to snow by waving his hand, he turned an entire city into candyland by snapping his fingers. That's about the same amount of effort it takes him to teleport.

d3str0ya10
Yeah and there not much to say too.

Konton
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
There's not much to say really. It's just not that impressive.

Loki reduced Bor to snow by waving his hand, he turned an entire city into candyland by snapping his fingers. That's about the same amount of effort it takes him to teleport.

Zatanna owned Zor and restored a destroyed city. =p

Mindset

Here she was able to shield herself from being struck with lazers when both Superman and Batman couldn't react quick enough.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2613/justiceleagueofamerica1zc2.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3647/justiceleagueofamerica1ip2.jpg
Pre crisis?

Enyalus
Zatanna owned Zor and restored a destroyed city. =p
With an amp...

Konton
Originally posted by Enyalus
With an amp...

She has in this situation.
I'd say that with all the equipment she has access too she could amp quite a deal.

Warlord
She has in this situation.
I'd say that with all the equipment she has access too she could amp quite a deal.

The same applies to Loki. He could come with the casket of ancient winters or something like this

Konton
Which is why it ultimately comes down to creativity and power levels.

Warlord
Which is why it ultimately comes down to creativity and power levels.

which is why Loki would win. 1 month prep plus his tactical-strategic mind and the access to mystic gadget he would find = the win.

IMO Zatana lacks the strategy orientation plus Loki has experience on his side

Allankles
Does Loki have an artifact capable of allowing him to match a being like Zor? Because if Zatanna has Gwydion she takes this hands down imo.

Konton
Does Loki have an artifact capable of allowing him to match a being like Zor? Because if Zatanna has Gwydion she takes this hands down imo.

=[
As KMC's self proclaimed resident Zatanna fanatic, I feel obligated to tell you that there's only room for one Zatanna signature around here...

stick out tongue

Allankles
=

big grin I change my avatars quite a bit, so you'll soon have the one and only Zatanna sig on KMC.

jrodslam
=

Just remember who had it first! stick out tongue

stormultt
i luuuvvvv zatanna she would wipe the floor with loki and probably then give him a wardrobe makeover...XD

TricksterPriest
She didn't win with the Gwydion. She won without it. Zor broke the Merlin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.