Why vader stopped Boba shooting..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
I heard that vader stopped Boba from firing at chewbacca when chewbacca was beating up stormtroopers in ESB because he noticed that chewbacca was carrying threepio and plus when Boba was about to shoot, chewacca's back was to Boba so there was a chance Boba woulda hit threepio. Would be quite interesting if it was true.

Placidity
Would be interesting, but I would say its a might coincidence.

I don't think GL was thinking about making a prequel trilogy with Anakin making the droid and all that when he was making the original films though.

steverules_2
Yeah I thought that to, but then i kinda thought well why else would he have stopped boba from shooting, I mean there really was no need and plus it woulda actually paid off for vader and the rest of the imperial fleet. Maybe in the OT there was gonna be something revealed that Anakin had built threepio before he turned to the dark side but they never really went along with it until the PT.

Slash_KMC
Anakin building Threepio in the PT is just retarted.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Anakin building Threepio in the PT is just retarted.

Yeah it is....I was rather dissapointed that GL decided to make THAT threepio's origin

Hybris
perhaps because there was a chance that boba would damage the carbonite freezing machine, which he needed to freeze luke with?

Hybris
At the time of ESB, the link between Darth Vader / Anakin and 3po didn't exist. It's something that came with the PT.

And if you look at it storywise, 3po didn't mean anything to Vader anymore. It was one of the remains of his former life as Anakin Skywalker, an identity he gave up when he became Vader.

"That name no longer has any meaning to me"

So if the name doesn't mean anything to him anymore, I'd say the things that came with it, don't mean anything either.

steverules_2
I think his name did mean something, Luke could sense the good side in Vader, sure he said it didn't mean anything and perhaps it didn't but deep deep down it had meaning to him. Plus remember he did hesitate when he said it had no meaning.

I don't think Boba would damaged the carbonite freezing chamber since i don't think his aim is that bad but i think he would have hit 3PO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.