Galactus and Heralds vs All Lanterns (Every color)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Galactus searches for a new universe to feed upon and sets his sights on DC. Before invading DC Universe, he feeds until he is fully fed and also gathers all his heralds and revives those who have died and leads his army to DC. His only obstacle are the Power Ring bearers, who have put aside their differences, and teamed up to stand against the Devourer of Worlds!

Galactus, Silver Surfer, Stardust, Morg, Fallen One, Terrax, Air-Walker, Red Shift and Nova

vs

The United Forces of the Green, Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Indigo, Violet, and Black Lanterns

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/215301-34088-galactus_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/732848-war_of_light_super.jpg

PRAYERRUN
ok...well....first the Lanterns would actually have to work together...

Starscream M
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
ok...well....first the Lanterns would actually have to work together... assume for this fight that they stand totally united. Galactus represents a bigger threat than each other.

Starscream M
btw, add Firelord to the list of heralds. I missed him by accident.

The Dark Cloud
What about the Destroyer? Anyway, G and the heralds win this. Cool pic of G and heralds

illadelph12
Hmm...

Well, a lot of the Lanterns are fodders to Galactus himself, and with him participating in the combat, he can deplete their ranks to managable levels for his Heralds. Agent Orange/Larfleeze could prove to be a real issue, but I'm not personally of the school of thought that Guardians/Contollers = Galactus, particularly a fully fed Galactus, so I'm not seeing him overwhelming a full powered Galactus like he did those Controllers in his temple. Saint Walker likely poses a threat as well to the Heralds but likely not to G himself, and I'm not sure what the Black Lanterns are capable of yet beyond their rings somehow being powered by the Antimonitor's broken body/corpse.

Hmm...

Fully fed/powered Galactus participating in combat tips it to the Heralds in my opinion, with Air-Walker, Nova, and possibly Red Shift being casualties, and the other Heralds taking a pounding as well. With no plot Galactus isn't likely to hold back, and he treats most Herald levelers like fleas unless they serve a purpose for him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
What about the Destroyer? Anyway, G and the heralds win this. Cool pic of G and heralds nah, I don't consider him a true herald...he was borrowed.

Starscream M
Originally posted by illadelph12
Hmm...

Well, a lot of the Lanterns are fodders to Galactus himself, and with him participating in the combat, he can deplete their ranks to managable levels for his Heralds. Agent Orange/Larfleeze could prove to be a real issue, but I'm not personally of the school of thought that Guardians/Contollers = Galactus, particularly a fully fed Galactus, so I'm not seeing him overwhelming a full powered Galactus like he did those Controllers in his temple. Saint Walker likely poses a threat as well to the Heralds but likely not to G himself, and I'm not sure what the Black Lanterns are capable of yet beyond their rings somehow being powered by the Antimonitor's broken body/corpse.

Hmm...

Fully fed/powered Galactus participating in combat tips it to the Heralds in my opinion, with Air-Walker, Nova, and possibly Red Shift being casualties, and the other Heralds taking a pounding as well. With no plot Galactus isn't likely to hold back, and he treats most Herald levelers like fleas unless they serve a purpose for him. but you have to realize the thousands of heralds aren't gonna just group together for Galactus to blast with one hit....they're going to be annoying, like thousands of wasps buzzing around

plus there are several very powerful lanterns

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
but you have to realize the thousands of heralds aren't gonna just group together for Galactus to blast with one hit....they're going to be annoying, like thousands of wasps buzzing around

plus there are several very powerful lanterns Solar system+ destroying blasts take out most of the Lanterns.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindset
Solar system+ destroying blasts take out most of the Lanterns. wouldnt this blast hurt him as well...I mean, the lanterns will be swarming around him in waves and waves.

illadelph12
Yeah, there are many powerful Lanterns, but the majority of their offense, energy projection, plays to Galactus's strength. He could possibly draw on and feed off the energy of a lot of the Lantern's rings and leave them helpless or severely weakened while supplementing his own energy reserves. Larfleeze, Atrocitus, Sinestro, etc. aren't going to be push overs, but a vast number of the Lanterns in all the Corps are, and they, even en masse, aren't likely equal to Galactus, who could also amp his own troops to greater power levels.

At full power Galactus is exponentially more powerful than most of the battlefield.

Starscream M
Originally posted by illadelph12
Yeah, there are many powerful Lanterns, but the majority of their offense, energy projection, plays to Galactus's strength. He could possibly draw on and feed off the energy of a lot of the Lantern's rings and leave them helpless or severely weakened while supplementing his own energy reserves. Larfleeze, Atrocitus, Sinestro, etc. aren't going to be push overs, but a vast number of the Lanterns in all the Corps are, and they, even en masse, aren't likely equal to Galactus, who could also amp his own troops to greater power levels.

At full power Galactus is exponentially more powerful than most of the battlefield. yeah but the lanterns could think creatively...couldn't they unleash parallax or empower Ion to his formidable form?

illadelph12
Possibly, which would dwindle their numbers further given the shared power source and, if ineffective, guarantee their defeat.

Enyalus
I've always been of the opinion that a competent Power Cosmic wielder would be capable of draining/absorbing Oan power and the like.

Galactus has already shown the ability to absorb numerous types of energy. And, although non-canon, Surfer's shown the ability to absorb all the Oan power. (I bring it up only because it was published by DC.)

So, I think Galactus and his heralds have a very good shot at taking this, barring Black Lanterns. Because I don't know what they can do yet...

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
wouldnt this blast hurt him as well...I mean, the lanterns will be swarming around him in waves and waves. Why would his blasts hurt him?

Board Walker
Lanterns in a land slide, Parallax (Hal), Ion (kyle), Ion (Yatt), Sentry, Parallax (Kyle), Anti Monitor who is the battery for the black lanterns? On top of all of that the battery manifestations for the red, purple, blue, and orange which havent even been seen yet but can be assumed are on tier with parallax and Ion? Also the guardians for the green lanterns, the guardians of the blue lanterns? And so forth?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Board Walker
Lanterns in a land slide, Parallax (Hal), Ion (kyle), Ion (Yatt), Sentry, Parallax (Kyle),
Why would there be two Parallax's and two Ions on the field? And...Sentry isn't even in DC, let alone a lantern.

Mindset
And why would AM be fighting?

And there can't be both a Parallax Hal and a Kyle Ion, not to mention you listing two of each, as Eny pointed out.

Enyalus
...And Sentry. lol

Starscream M
yeah, antimonitors not in this fight...

xJLxKing
Lanterns. They make a construct so big that it can destroy Gal

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Lanterns. They make a construct so big that it can destroy Gal
A giant GL stake construct?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
A giant GL stake construct?
Yes

theICONiac
Why would the Black Lanterns care??? Their purpose is to extinguish life.

They would sooner give Galactus a high five than actually fight him...

Slaanesh
full power Galactus for the majority..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.