Shujinko Vs Ermac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeelGood
Takes place in Shao Kahns fighting arena. No swords etc.

Shujinko has only the peoples abilities he met during the story, so no he doesn't have everyone's like he did in his ending.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Shujinko

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Ermac

I think Shuj wins or 7 out of 10, but I can be convinced.

So who wins this?

Ridley_Prime
Shujinko, easily.

FeelGood
Oops.

FeelGood
Why, he clearly is one of the more skilled fighters in the game.

In his Deception ending, he is described by Shujinko as being capable of handling Kung Lao, Sonya, Kitana, Jax, and Johnny Cage all by himself (with relative ease).

Wei Phoenix
Didn't Shunjinko basically beat the entire MK cast in Deception?

FeelGood
Not really, he beat quite allot but Ermac took on a bunch at once with ease. The most skilled Shuj beat was...well I forget.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by FeelGood
Not really, he beat quite allot but Ermac took on a bunch at once with ease. The most skilled Shuj beat was...well I forget.

Didn't he beat Onaga?

FeelGood
Yes BUT he absorbed everyone's abilities for that particular part, he doesn't have that anymore it seems, he doesn't have it for the fight anyway, just the ones that are in game.

Wei Phoenix
He has the ability to use everyone's abilities in the game.

FeelGood
Not all. This link has a list of his moves:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/919922/32877

He's not invincible, he has limits.

Ridley_Prime
Why, he clearly is one of the more skilled fighters in the game.

In his Deception ending, he is described by Shujinko as being capable of handling Kung Lao, Sonya, Kitana, Jax, and Johnny Cage all by himself (with relative ease).
I thought he just rescued them from Onaga's control.

Yes BUT he absorbed everyone's abilities for that particular part
And he shattered the Kamidogu to weaken Onaga so he would be able to hit him with that attack, though he wouldn't of won without that plot device anyway.

Not all. This link has a list of his moves:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/919922/32877

He's not invincible, he has limits.
No one was saying he was invincible, but he's still enough to beat Ermac, especially since Ermac was one of the fighters whose kombat essence he absorbed around the beginning of Deception while still in the Netherrealm. Shujinko wins.

FeelGood
Really? Well in that case he probably wins, thing is he has his own style know, just others moves. We can't say for sure Shij is skilled enough. Unless he already beat him and I forgot.

He was fighting them all at once and winning easily.

Well how tough is it to shatter them?

Ridley_Prime
I'm.. not sure about that last part. erm

FeelGood
Its been said a couple of times what happened. Ermac has got loads of different peoples soul fused, is it that hard to imagine he can't handle those few.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Didn't he beat Onaga?
wait, iirc onaga took the kamidogu from him and left, i dont ever remember them fighting. Did he have an alternate story if you beat arcade mode or something?

Gamerr-X
Ermac ftw

Ridley_Prime
Its been said a couple of times what happened. Ermac has got loads of different peoples soul fused, is it that hard to imagine he can't handle those few.
When did I say he couldn't? Shujinko is still leagues above those characters you said he handled though.

Originally posted by k1Lla441
wait, iirc onaga took the kamidogu from him and left, i dont ever remember them fighting. Did he have an alternate story if you beat arcade mode or something?
Yeah.

Yt9QXXMYVOY

FeelGood
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I'm.. not sure about that last part. erm

I thought you meant that part.

Anyway I agree Ermac loses but I just don't think its a stomp, pointing out what Ermac did is to just show he isn't exactly going to go down easily.

k1Lla441
thx rp i was really confused until i saw that video

Gamerr-X
Ermac does have Telekentic abilities which he can use virtually over and over again, if he feels like it he could repeat his lift and slam move or any other TK move.

Ridley_Prime
I thought you meant that part.

Anyway I agree Ermac loses but I just don't think its a stomp, pointing out what Ermac did is to just show he isn't exactly going to go down easily.
Eh, guess you're right then.

thx rp i was really confused until i saw that video
No problem. ^^

Originally posted by Gamerr-X
Ermac does have Telekentic abilities which he can use virtually over and over again, if he feels like it he could repeat his lift and slam move or any other TK move.
Well, Shujinko does have that telekinetic slam as one of his special moves, so he could do the same back to Ermac, and perhaps use it in combination with his other special moves that were replicated from other fighters he encountered earlier, which he can use virtually over and over again as well.

FeelGood
That along with his actual skill makes Shij better than people like to admit, I always liked the old dude.

Gamerr-X
Well, Shujinko does have that telekinetic slam as one of his special moves, so he could do the same back to Ermac, and perhaps use it in combination with his other special moves that were replicated from other fighters he encountered earlier, which he can use virtually over and over again as well.

But it originated from Ermac in MK so he has better TK giving him the advantage.

Wei Phoenix
But it originated from Ermac in MK so he has better TK giving him the advantage.

No, Shujinko copies their abilities perfectly.

Gamerr-X
Damn....lol

But I still think Ermac will win.

FeelGood
How?

Gamerr-X
Hes got more skill, better Telekenesis, an axe he can wield with one handand has been made from many souls so he wont get sloppy from fear or any sort of emotion while in battle.

Wei Phoenix
Hes got more skill, better Telekenesis, an axe he can wield with one handand has been made from many souls so he wont get sloppy from fear or any sort of emotion while in battle.

How does he have more skill and better TK when I just told you that Shuj copies their abilities perfectly?

k1Lla441
rofl pwned.

Gamerr-X
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
How does he have more skill and better TK when I just told you that Shuj copies their abilities perfectly?
Obviousky Shuj did not learn every single exact move of Ermac's, he most likely has more moves but to put every single one of them into the game would be hard. Because in MK vids and intros where Ermac is involved sometimes he uses moves that arent in game/other games.

High possibility of Shuj not knowing all of Ermac's moves

Wei Phoenix
Obviousky Shuj did not learn every single exact move of Ermac's, he most likely has more moves but to put every single one of them into the game would be hard. Because in MK vids and intros where Ermac is involved sometimes he uses moves that arent in game/other games.

High possibility of Shuj not knowing all of Ermac's moves

Go play the game and transform into Ermac and tell me if he does every move. What vds and intros?

Gamerr-X
I have had MK Unchained on PSP and I meant by every move even things not included in the game/in other games only. (meaning not a move u can do).

MK shaolin monks gameplay, he can make statues come to life and fight for him, he made a Johnny Cage statue come to life to fight Liu Kang and Kung Lao. Did not teach that in the game.

Wei Phoenix
I have had MK Unchained on PSP and I meant by every move even things not included in the game/in other games only. (meaning not a move u can do).

MK shaolin monks gameplay, he can make statues come to life and fight for him, he made a Johnny Cage statue come to life to fight Liu Kang and Kung Lao. Did not teach that in the game.

Two noncanon games I believe.

Kazenji
Thats a new one to me MK shaolin monks is not canon

and all MK Unchained really is Deception for the PSP.

Gamerr-X
Unchained is Deception, right?

Still Ermac has those abilities.

Ridley_Prime
Unchained is Deception, right?
Yeah.

Anyhow, the only time we saw Ermac in a cutscene for more than a few seconds (canonically) was when he telekinetically tossed Quan Chi off a pyramid in the Armageddon opening, but that turned out to be Shang Tsung mimicing his form... lol

If Tsung can copy Ermac's powers that effectively, there's no reason Shujinko can't do the same.

Gamerr-X
AND that is another example of one of the moves that Shuj isnt able to learn as it wasnt in the game, a sidewards toss telekenetic slam!

k1Lla441
how do you know he didnt learn those moves at the end of arcade mode?

Gamerr-X
how do you know he did?

NemeBro
If Shunjinko can copy one aspect of Ermac's TK, logic would assert that he just plain has telekinesis when not restricted in gameplay...

Gamerr-X
Originally posted by NemeBro
If Shunjinko can copy one aspect of Ermac's TK, logic would assert that he just plain has telekinesis when not restricted in gameplay...

And maybe Ermac has many more moves that are restricted in gameplay

FeelGood
Characters are restricted to what they have actually shown to do, otherwise it becomes stupid BS.

k1Lla441
how do you know he did?
didnt he say that he copied there moves in the actual video??

And this is another reason.

the burden of proof falls on you to prove that shujinko cant copy all of his moves, for some odd reason. Which you cant, cus im right.

And maybe Ermac has many more moves that are restricted in gameplay
which shujinko could just copy, duh.

NemeBro
Characters are restricted to what they have actually shown to do, otherwise it becomes stupid BS. So he can only TK in one direction, with one specific type of assault?

That's preposterous.

Gamerr-X
didnt he say that he copied there moves in the actual video??

And this is another reason.

the burden of proof falls on you to prove that shujinko cant copy all of his moves, for some odd reason. Which you cant, cus im right.

which shujinko could just copy, duh.

lol i ddnt understand that 2nd part much

and in deception you need to learn the move properly because it asks you to repeat it several times, and if he tried to learn a move in mid fight he could get a little sloppy, make a little mistake, or forget about Ermac for a few seconds. If any of those happened Ermac could damage SHuj and gain the advantage in the fight.

FeelGood
So he can only TK in one direction, with one specific type of assault?

That's preposterous.

With one type of assault yes but the directions fair game lol.

k1Lla441
lol i ddnt understand that 2nd part much

and in deception you need to learn the move properly because it asks you to repeat it several times, and if he tried to learn a move in mid fight he could get a little sloppy, make a little mistake, or forget about Ermac for a few seconds. If any of those happened Ermac could damage SHuj and gain the advantage in the fight.

What are you talking about? im not saying hes going to copy his moves mid-fight. Shuj already copied all of there moves. now, if they fought it would be a tie if they bothed used ermacs moves, because they both know them. Ermac doesnt get to do them "better" because he was the one who founded those moves. i would definitely put all my money on shujinko though because he knows all of ermacs moves plus everyone else's.

And most of the stuff your mentioning is non canon gameplay, they only ask you to "repeat" the move so you can get it right, not for shujinko. the real shujinko wouldnt need to "learn" a move mid fight since he would already know it.

FeelGood
OK...Shujinko is restricted to only the special moves he has in game, maybe he knows them but in this case he doesn't use them and doesn't put them into his fighting technique.

Gamerr-X
What are you talking about? im not saying hes going to copy his moves mid-fight. Shuj already copied all of there moves. now, if they fought it would be a tie if they bothed used ermacs moves, because they both know them. Ermac doesnt get to do them "better" because he was the one who founded those moves. i would definitely put all my money on shujinko though because he knows all of ermacs moves plus everyone else's.

And most of the stuff your mentioning is non canon gameplay, they only ask you to "repeat" the move so you can get it right, not for shujinko. the real shujinko wouldnt need to "learn" a move mid fight since he would already know it.

to be honest I could for ages on this, but its really getting dragged on, I think Ermac would win, you and some other think Shuj would win. We both have good points on why each would win.

but i aint doing this forever.

Ermac ftw. Last reply on this...

PS: "rofl pwnd" or any stupid taunts wont goat me into debating again....

Ridley_Prime
OK...Shujinko is restricted to only the special moves he has in game
'k. As I pointed out before though, Shujinko already has Ermac's telekinetic slam as one of his special moves in-game. That, in addition to the other special moves he replicated (Scorpion's spear, Sub-zero's classic freeze attack, Kobra's flaming fist, Li Mei's flip scissor kick, Raiden's flying torpedo, Liu Lame's bicycle kick, and Sindel's slide kick) is more than enough to handle Ermac.

maybe he knows them but in this case he doesn't use them and doesn't put them into his fighting technique.
Why would he limit himself to that?

FeelGood
He can't go around using every move he has or he would have no style.

Besides its for the match if anything.

Shuj wins anyway, can't see how Ermac wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.