The Alpha Lanterns Vs GLC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Which side wins?

Entity
Aren't there only like a few Alphas? And I don't think their powers are all that much better than normal lanterns anyway are they?

The Scribe
Originally posted by Entity
Aren't there only like a few Alphas? And I don't think their powers are all that much better than normal lanterns anyway are they?

Nope.

The Alpha Lanterns are seasoned Corpsmen who have been fused with their Power Rings and Batteries. Alpha Lanterns More...

xJLxKing
Originally posted by The Scribe
Nope.

The Alpha Lanterns are seasoned Corpsmen who have been fused with their Power Rings and Batteries. Alpha Lanterns More...
Yes and there are only a few of them/

illadelph12
Can't Alpha Lanterns shut off the powers of regular Corpsmen as part of their "Internal Affairs" abilities?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by illadelph12
Can't Alpha Lanterns shut off the powers of regular Corpsmen as part of their "Internal Affairs" abilities?
Yes or control it. They police them

The Scribe
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Yes and there are only a few of them/

There are a few now, only the best are chosen and they have more power and never have to recharge.

To become a member of the Alpha Lanterns was considered the highest honor that the Guardians could bestow. They represented the very best elements of every military unit the Guardians ever created. They possessed the willpower and thought process of a Green Lantern, while also harboring the logistical efficiency of a Manhunter. Service in the Alpha Lantern Corps required great sacrifice however. To serve as an Alpha Lantern, an officer was required to abandon all aspects of their prior life, and commit themselves fully to the Corps. They were also required to undergo cosmetic surgery, which enabled them to interface with their corresponding power batteries with greater efficiency. A psychic link was established connecting an Alpha's mind with the Book of Oa, while their bodies tapped directly into the Central Power Battery. Because of this, an Alpha Lantern never needed to recharge their ring.

After the transformation, an Alpha Lantern would receive an additional power ring and their power battery is surgically implanted into their body so they need never recharge it.

xJLxKing
There are a few now, only the best are chosen and they have more power and never have to recharge.

To become a member of the Alpha Lanterns was considered the highest honor that the Guardians could bestow. They represented the very best elements of every military unit the Guardians ever created. They possessed the willpower and thought process of a Green Lantern, while also harboring the logistical efficiency of a Manhunter. Service in the Alpha Lantern Corps required great sacrifice however. To serve as an Alpha Lantern, an officer was required to abandon all aspects of their prior life, and commit themselves fully to the Corps. They were also required to undergo cosmetic surgery, which enabled them to interface with their corresponding power batteries with greater efficiency. A psychic link was established connecting an Alpha's mind with the Book of Oa, while their bodies tapped directly into the Central Power Battery. Because of this, an Alpha Lantern never needed to recharge their ring.

After the transformation, an Alpha Lantern would receive an additional power ring and their power battery is surgically implanted into their body so they need never recharge it.
So now you just quote Wiki? Seriously, there aren't a lot of them

The Scribe
So now you just quote Wiki? Seriously, there aren't a lot of them

I just said their aren't a lot of them now.

I was saying they have more power and responsibilities.

xJLxKing
I just said their aren't a lot of them now.

I was saying they have more power and responsibilities.
There never was. When they were first introduced, there were only 4 of them.

Spire
GLC.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Spire
GLC.
How?

Enyalus
How?
Who do you have in this fight?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Who do you have in this fight?
I don't have anybody. If you mean who is in the fight then it's Alpha Lanterns against GLC like Green lanterns.

Spire
How?

By ignoring the AL powering down their rings. Otherwise this thread is a trojan fail.

cloud102
I don't mean all of them. Just the main ones featured in the book.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Spire
By ignoring the AL powering down their rings. Otherwise this thread is a trojan fail.
Oh I seee

Entity
My thoughts were can they depower every single one of the corps before the other 7200 Lanterns figure out how to shut them down?

I mean thats like almost a thousand lanterns per Alpha. And some of those lanterns still have powers other than their rings. How they gonna do all that before they're just over run? confused

Lord Feron
Originally posted by cloud102
I don't mean all of them. Just the main ones featured in the book.

Oh the ones that actually have names. Alpha Corp should stomp via shutting down about a dozen rings. Anyone that hose other powers besides the ring would be taken care of handily by the supposed "cream of the crop" Oa's military force.

With the exception of Sodam Yat + Ion ... I have no proof of this but I gonna guess that they can't shut down the power of Ion. Would be shocked if they were that strong.

Sodam could solo only because I am assuming he can't be shut down and all the others could be.

Galan007
Originally posted by illadelph12
Can't Alpha Lanterns shut off the powers of regular Corpsmen as part of their "Internal Affairs" abilities? yes

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1839649_al1.jpg

guy222
thumb up

Tazer
Yo.

they arent really, theyre just a bit stronger. truth be told if it werent for the ability to shut down the Rings they dont seem much diff than Ion 2.0. in effectiveness (which as observed hasnt been that great based on wat we've seen to date).

Nope.

yea, I dont think calling the AL's "seasoned Corpsmen" is valid given 2 of them were brand new to the Corps.....

I mean thats like almost a thousand lanterns per Alpha. And some of those lanterns still have powers other than their rings. How they gonna do all that before they're just over run? confused

aside from Torquemada, who else has a side ability??

Tazer

-K-M-
Puck shows them all want it means to be a true Alpha shifty

Enyalus
Originally posted by -K-M-
Puck shows them all want it means to be a true Alpha shifty
What if he had a burrito beforehand?

-K-M-
What if he had a burrito beforehand?

Then all die, burritos are Canadians willpower solidified. Fact.

Enyalus
Originally posted by -K-M-
burritos are Canadians willpower solidified. Fact.
So...they're worthless?

-K-M-
So...they're worthless?

thumb up

That's why their so cheap

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Oh the ones that actually have names. Alpha Corp should stomp via shutting down about a dozen rings. Anyone that hose other powers besides the ring would be taken care of handily by the supposed "cream of the crop" Oa's military force.

With the exception of Sodam Yat + Ion ... I have no proof of this but I gonna guess that they can't shut down the power of Ion. Would be shocked if they were that strong.

Sodam could solo only because I am assuming he can't be shut down and all the others could be.

they cant shut down Ion, however they could still shutdown Yats Ring.........which would lead to him dying not long afterward.

which is yet ANOTHER REASON he stinks as a character.

Tazer

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

they cant shut down Ion, however they could still shutdown Yats Ring.........which would lead to him dying not long afterward.

which is yet ANOTHER REASON he stinks as a character.

Tazer
I thought the Ion force and the ring was connected. IMO i really think A person with the power of Ion (even 2.0 version) a aplha should not be able to cut off the connection between the user and the ring or the ring itself. A alpha can do it to a normal GL but to a Ion imbued ring bearer? I just find it hard to believe. Either way one can not prove it. Atleast I don't think so..

I mean when HAl went all crazy and took a ton of rings Alpha guys could have stepped in and be like "no, stop" and off it goes.

Stunner2xx
Fail thread

they obviously can depower them so its pointless

rotiart
when hal went crazy afaik there were no alpha lanterns which are new to the glc sincethe return of the lost lanterns who were captured by cyborg superman iirc.

And ion was established directly by the guardians themselves... I think it is actually unclear whether ion requires a ring... However sodam could die from the lead back from superbly shoving it in him during infinite crisis? I would think that there being only one ion puts him above the powers of the alphas.... But like I said who knows..
1 ion 4 alphas 1600 regular gl corps members...
If you said mogo was still alive....

xJLxKing
Originally posted by rotiart
when hal went crazy afaik there were no alpha lanterns which are new to the glc sincethe return of the lost lanterns who were captured by cyborg superman iirc.

And ion was established directly by the guardians themselves... I think it is actually unclear whether ion requires a ring... However sodam could die from the lead back from superbly shoving it in him during infinite crisis? I would think that there being only one ion puts him above the powers of the alphas.... But like I said who knows..
1 ion 4 alphas 1600 regular gl corps members...
If you said mogo was still alive....
Ion doesn't require a ring. Yat was given a ring to prevent the lead that was given to him by Prime in the Tales of Sinestro War. He also has the ring to limit the use of Ion force. Mogo is still alive, and I think the amount of GL there are in the DC is a lot more then 1,600

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Lord Feron
I thought the Ion force and the ring was connected. IMO i really think A person with the power of Ion (even 2.0 version) a aplha should not be able to cut off the connection between the user and the ring or the ring itself. A alpha can do it to a normal GL but to a Ion imbued ring bearer? I just find it hard to believe. Either way one can not prove it. Atleast I don't think so..

I mean when HAl went all crazy and took a ton of rings Alpha guys could have stepped in and be like "no, stop" and off it goes.

well, they are connected in 1 fashion: apparently Yat couldnt access the power of the symbiote while he wore the Ring, and THAT was happening becuz Scar was preventing it from adhering to his requests.

yea yea, I know how stupid that sounds..........

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by rotiart

well, even b4 then the Oans could shut down a GLCr's Ring, but on the day Hal went bonkers it was just too convenient that they remember being able to that..........

Ion doesn't require a ring. Yat was given a ring to prevent the lead that was given to him by Prime in the Tales of Sinestro War. He also has the ring to limit the use of Ion force. Mogo is still alive, and I think the amount of GL there are in the DC is a lot more then 1,600

Yat wasnt given a Ring; he simply kept the 1 he was given as a GLC-member.

I dont recall him using it as a limiter for the Ion-pwr however.......

Tazer

theICONiac
How many GL's were needed to beat Granny-Alpha-Goodness in FC?

Tazer
Yo.

I dont remember it being too many, and that was b4 Jordan overrode Krakens will w/his own (of course, that was a special circumstance).

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.