Ion(Sodom Yat) vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uxas Khan
No bfr.

Warlord
Ion

Rage.Of.Olympus
As much as I love Sodam Yat, he is at times, well....the Rhino of Green Lanterns.

In all honesty, he should stomp characters as powerful as Superman. He has the physical attributes of a Daxamite/Kryptonian, hell he was capable of hanging with the likes of Prime for a time, more than anyone else has done, but he also has the power of Ion, and later on acquires the power of the entire Green Lantern Corps.

At least he got some much deserved respect in the recent issues of "Green Lantern Corps". He was incredibly bad ass in the last issue. Especially with the entire, turning the star Yellow. Awesome showing of power.

occultdestroyer
Sodam yat should be above skyfather-level, having the power of Ion.

I'm leaning towards Sodam Yat. But meh.

Entity
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Sodam yat should be above skyfather-level, having the power of Ion. You do realise the power of Ion isn't even hardly a small fraction of what it use to be don't you?

Admittedly yes, Sodam should be much more powerful then portrayed still but the Ion power is more like an Amped up unlimited full Lantern charge. Very powerful of course but hardly anything way above Skyfather IMO

occultdestroyer
I still consider Ion above skyfather though.
Ion's power grants its host the power to alter reality at a whim.
The host should automatically be a top-tier reality manipulator.
Too bad DC likes screwing things up sometimes.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Entity
You do realise the power of Ion isn't even hardly a small fraction of what it use to be don't you?

Admittedly yes, Sodam should be much more powerful then portrayed still but the Ion power is more like an Amped up unlimited full Lantern charge. Very powerful of course but hardly anything way above Skyfather IMO
That was already explained. The Ion force is still just as power, but the ring that Sodam carries prevents him from accessing that power; only a portion.

Any ways, Sodam wins.

kevdude
Orion unless Yat has full power which he normally don't.

Slaanesh
if it's under a yellow star and he can access some of the Ion power..Yat stomp..

Galan007
I understand that Yat recently made a red star, yellow - but I still believe one of his best feats was trouncing Nero with relative ease (which shocked even Kyle.) However, I don't feel that the few feats he has should override Orion's well established showings/history.

So for now, Orion ftw - (though I'm expecting something big from Yat in the near future.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.