Last Assassin Standing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Each assassin has been given a list of names of the other assassins that they have to hunt down and kill. This takes place in NYC, with each assassin located in a pre-determined secret hideout. They cannot seek outside help. They are provided access to all conventional weaponry and given cash to purchases any further equipment.

Who will be the last assassin standing? Please keep in mind that this is not a test of just who is the best fighter, it is a test of who is the best assassin

Assassins
-----------

Elektra

Azrael

Bullseye

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

Taskmaster

Lady Shiva

Punisher

Phantom Zone
LOL you know somebody is going to just blantantly pick Batgirl and Shiva. I actually think its hard to say they are all top notch they just use different methods.

I think we also need details on the targets...

Raoul
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
LOL you know somebody is going to just blantantly pick Batgirl and Shiva. I actually think its hard to say they are all top notch they just use different methods.

why not? not saying i do (i'd have bullseye in there), but both women have at one time led the league of assassins. it's pretty self explanatory.

Starscream M

I think we also need details on the targets... the targets are the OTHER assassins

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Raoul
why not? not saying i do (i'd have bullseye in there), but both women have at one time led the league of assassins. it's pretty self explanatory.

No not neccesarily. Punisher has gunned down Captain America something Red Skull took ages to plan he hasnt led the league of assassins the target speaks for itself. However he was chosen by a ninja grandmaster to lead of team of ninjas. Those guys had enhanced sense, some of them had telepathy and pre-cog. However im not actually voting for marvel over dc they are both just as good as each other.

Originally posted by Starscream M
the targets are the OTHER assassins

ah. I guess Bullseyes not winning.

Raoul
No not neccesarily. Punisher has gunned down Captain America something Red Skull took ages to plan he hasnt led the league of assassins the target speaks for itself. However he was chosen by a ninja grandmaster to lead of team of ninjas. Those guys had enhanced sense, some of them had telepathy and pre-cog. However im not actually voting for marvel over dc they are both just as good as each other.

ah.

they did actually lead the league of assassins. anyone claiming the two has as much validity as anyone else.

Sin I AM
Maybe you should gve the assassins something tangible to target

Phantom Zone
they did actually lead the league of assassins. anyone claiming the two has as much validity as anyone else.

Er yeah you just said that. I meant its not neccsarily self-explanatory.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Maybe you should gve the assassins something tangible to target their targets are each other. they have to do the tracking to locate their targets without blowing their own cover...that's part of being a skilled assassin.

Raoul
Er yeah you just said that. I meant its not neccsarily self-explanatory.

what? that they're not capable assassins on the same level as the others given their careers?

Phantom Zone
what? that they're not capable assassins on the same level as the others given their careers?

No I mean they are not neccesarily better.

Raoul
No I mean they are not neccesarily better.

i never claimed they were.

its self explanatory that them having led the league of assassins makes them great assassins. that's it.

Sin I AM
nvrmnd, just reread the op...lemme think about it

hmmmmm

i can tell you who drops first...Azreal

Phantom Zone
i never claimed they were.

Ok

its self explanatory that them having led the league of assassins makes them great assassins. that's it.

Yeah I know.

Raoul
Ok

Yeah I know.

then what's the issue?

Phantom Zone
then what's the issue?

I guess my issue is that I know certain posters wont hesitate to vote for Shiva and Batgirl.

Raoul
I guess my issue is that I know certain posters wont hesitate to vote for Shiva and Batgirl.

it's a legitimate vote, though. they're in the same ballpark as anyone else on the field, and could be argued ahead of almost any of them.

besides, are "certain posters" any different from the likes of people who would vote for punisher straight off?

Phantom Zone
it's a legitimate vote, though. they're in the same ballpark as anyone else on the field, and could be argued ahead of almost any of them.

Yeah sure.

besides, are "certain posters" any different from the likes of people who would vote for punisher straight off?

You refering to me? no expression

Raoul
Yeah sure.

You refering to me? no expression

i just don't see the need to take digs at people unnecessarily.

Phantom Zone
i just don't see the need to take digs at people unnecessarily.

Dont see why not they take a dig at other posters. At least im right. Anyway I said this at the beginning of the thread.

I think we also need details on the targets...

Lord Feron
I'm gonna go with Tasky. Has the skills to hang with anyone here in h2h combat. Maybe not win but be able to compete. Also he has a ton of training and not sure about this has access to Sheild's resources.

iceman24567
Shiva or Elektra

Bouboumaster
Between Taskmaster, Elektra and Bulleyes. Pick the winner.

Mshinu
To many variables to for a clear vinner, I give Tasky a slight edge.

Gamerr-X
Taskmaster

AlmightyKfish
I'd go with Taskmaster.

It's VERY close though, with Shiva, Bullseye, Elektra all very close to winning.

That being said, there's so many variables here.

Starscream M
isn't taskmaster a jobber? he didn't impress me in his showings against Moon knight or deadpool

AlmightyKfish
isn't taskmaster a jobber? he didn't impress me in his showings against Moon knight or deadpool

Against Capes he has jobbed a few times, with DP and MK being the most notable.

But he's also shown to be an incredibly capably assassin/mercenary.

I mean, he's broken into the Helicarrier stealthfully and got Director Hill in his sights, among other feats.

But also, he's a great all rounder here. He has the accuracy of Bullseye, Hawkeye and Punisher combined from watching them, and can easily match anyone here in H2H.

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Against Capes he has jobbed a few times, with DP and MK being the most notable.
yeah but this scenario...he's up only against capes, and only the elite ones erm

Enyalus
Elektra, Taskmaster, or Lady Shiva.

I really can't decide between the three, but I'm leaning towards Elektra.

AlmightyKfish
yeah but this scenario...he's up only against capes, and only the elite ones erm

Yeah but he's in a forum match. Where he isn't caused to job via the plot.

He's taken Elektra already (she's also taken him), and held and advantage against Cap, matched Daredevil in a fight where all he was doing is mimicking him and not going for the kill, had an advantage over Iron Man twice, stomped Zaran and the Cat, has beaten Spiderman a couple of times.

And that's all without going for the kill...

Starscream M
Yeah but he's in a forum match. Where he isn't caused to job via the plot.

the thing is, the way he jobs, it almost seems like a personality flaw of his as opposed to pure plot device...while beating elektra is impressive, beating spiderman isnt very imo

also, I'm surprised no one has given bullseye any props...he should be right in the running with his resourcefulness, deadliness with anything, and his adamantium skeleton is also helpful

AlmightyKfish
the thing is, the way he jobs, it almost seems like a personality flaw of his as opposed to pure plot device...while beating elektra is impressive, beating spiderman isnt very imo

also, I'm surprised no one has given bullseye any props...he should be right in the running with his resourcefulness, deadliness with anything, and his adamantium skeleton is also helpful

He doesn't job that often...
MK, and DP are the two main ones really.

Konton
Elektra has a distinct advantage that the other candidates here lack. Her telepathic prowess. She has the ability to "mind jump" from person to person and stay outside of her own mind for months at a time. This would give her an unfair advantage in finding her targets. She also has the advantage of throwing off opponents via illusions.

H2H wise, Cassie and Lady Shiva are the only ones that would give Elektra a run for her money. Elektra herself is like a physically more capable and somewhat less disciplined Shiva with better showings and special abilities.

Elektra should come out on top with the majority.
I see Shiva also being capable of snagging a few.

AlmightyKfish
That's not true.
Tasky has beat her in H2H, so has Bullseye, although Bullseye has trained to specifically be able to take down Elektra.

Enyalus
That's not true.
Tasky has beat her in H2H, so has Bullseye, although Bullseye has trained to specifically be able to take down Elektra.
Taskmaster's beaten Elektra?

You da man. I didn't know that.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Enyalus
Taskmaster's beaten Elektra?

You da man. I didn't know that.

Yeah, in her solo mini

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/elektra_07-05.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/elektra_07-06.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/elektra_07-07.jpg

Starscream M
He doesn't job that often...
MK, and DP are the two main ones really. those were pretty recent showings though

and mk made him look like a fool and mk isn't even an elite street imo

AlmightyKfish
those were pretty recent showings though

and mk made him look like a fool and mk isn't even an elite street imo

Except you're missing out the fact.
That MK crashed a freaking jet into Tasky before the 'fight' where he made him look like a fool.

Enyalus
Yeah, in her solo mini

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/elektra_07-05.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/elektra_07-06.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/elektra_07-07.jpg
Oh, duh.

I have that. lol

Thanks.

Starscream M
Except you're missing out the fact.
That MK crashed a freaking jet into Tasky before the 'fight' where he made him look like a fool. which is my point exactly

how can one be an elite assassin if one can't even dodge a friggin jet?! no expression

Konton
That's not true.

He used Daredevil's fighting style to throw her off. She overcame that weakness and then continued on to pwn him (In three panels no less) along with two others.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_Elektra_Fights_Elektra_v1_07_17.jpg

We should all know Bullseye beating Elektra and Daredevil at the same time is way out of his normal feat range. She SHOULD be more than capable of taking him down for the majority in h2h. In comics, however, she doesn't. I feel like it was somewhat PIS but at the same time I know he's very skilled and think that labeling it as purely PIS discredits him to much. Idk.

AlmightyKfish
Current Tasky is far superior to when he fought Elektra (he should not have lost that easily imo, he should at least be able to stalemate her considering his MA prowess, but w/e)

And I know what you mean about Bullseye...

Starscream M
Originally posted by Konton
In comics, however, she doesn't. then where does she?

AlmightyKfish
then where does she?

In a forum match not restricted by plot is what Konton means.

Konton
In a forum match not restricted by plot is what Konton means.

Exactly.

Starscream M
In a forum match not restricted by plot is what Konton means. but isn't that like saying Rhino should beat Spider-man, even though in comics he never does?

AlmightyKfish
but isn't that like saying Rhino should beat Spider-man, even though in comics he never does?

Not really, b/c Rhino fails against everybody.

Elektra has had enough to high showing to justify the claim that she should beat Bullseye in H2H decisivily.

Konton
but isn't that like saying Rhino should beat Spider-man, even though in comics he never does?

No. Because Rhino is a joke and Elektra isn't.

Starscream M
Not really, b/c Rhino fails against everybody.

Elektra has had enough to high showing to justify the claim that she should beat Bullseye in H2H decisivily. Fair enough. But one could turn it around and say that bullseye is the one who is underwritten in comics...the fact he hasn't killed DD is only because DD is a hero.

I mean Bullseye could spit his teeth into your eye socket...what other street leveler could even do anything close to that. Bullseye doesn't use really any real weapons because it would be almost to easy for him...why use an aerodyanmic ninja star when he can flick a toothpick with the same accuracy.

I think BE is underestimated and underwritten in comics.

Konton
Fair enough. But one could turn it around and say that bullseye is the one who is underwritten in comics...the fact he hasn't killed DD is only because DD is a hero.

I mean Bullseye could spit his teeth into your eye socket...what other street leveler could even do anything close to that.

It's funny you should say that...

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0120.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0121.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0122.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0123.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0124.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0126.jpg

Teeth, pshhh. How many street levelers can do THIS:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_bulletblock.jpg

Warrior18
Shiva, Elektra or Taskmaster.

AlmightyKfish
Is Elektra stopping the bullet with her fist in that scan, or catching it?

If the former, how?

Warrior18
I think she's stopping it. No idea how. It's from her Frank Miller series in the 1980's I think. Awful artwork.

Konton
She blocked it with her fist. You can see the bullet ricochet in the last panel. I assume she's chi amping her durability, since it's the only thing that makes sense. Drake once commented on how she "spills chi everywhere" when she fights.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_Elektra_Fights_Elektra_v2_16_22.jpg

Although she uses it as a derogatory remark, she earlier states that Elektra is one of the best she has ever seen and that she is a great killer (yet a sucky martial artist).

Starscream M
I assume she's chi amping her durability, since it's the only thing that makes sense. Drake once commented on how she "spills chi everywhere" when she fights.
I wouldnt read too much into that. More likely it was just the writer not knowing or not giving a shit about elektra's powerset.

there's no way she amped her fist in a nanosecond to be bulletproof...thats absurd.

A more plausible (but equally specious) explanation is maybe she had a metal plate in her glove no expression

Konton
I would still stand by chi amping. She has other tricks like the silent scream telepathy, etc. which are all attributed to her ninja chi skills. She's carried out entire telepathic conversations with Wolverine and Gorgon just before guns were fired. It's not as outrageous as you make it sound, IMO. She's blitzed entire rooms full of armed soldiers before a single bullet was fired, so I don't see why she couldn't amp just as quick as she can move. I hope I'm not pulling a 2damnloud, but I believe chi amping to be in her powerset. I wouldn't say it's on the level of Iron Fist, but it's there.

Enyalus
I wouldnt read too much into that. More likely it was just the writer not knowing or not giving a shit about elektra's powerset.
Oh my god, dude. It was Frank Miller. He created Elektra.

Warrior18
lol

Konton
Originally posted by Enyalus
Oh my god, dude. It was Frank Miller. He created Elektra.

I was trying so hard to be nice and ignore that XD

Starscream M
It's not as outrageous as you make it sound, IMO. I think it is. Chi amping as shown in comics always require some time...even a master like Iron Fist can just amp his chi to a ridiculous level in a blink of an eye.

Konton
Well, it's all speculation anyways.
All we know is that the crazy girl in red freaking blocked a bullet.

Starscream M

All we know is that the crazy girl in red freaking blocked a bullet. well the blocking part wasn't that impressive save for the bullet bouncing off

if you look at the scan, she didn't move her hand, they basically shot right at her hand

she's had far more impressive bullet-deflecting feats

Konton
Agreed. Many more.
But it's a unique among street levelers because not only did the bullet not injure her, it bounced the f*ck off. That was why I posted the scan.

Battlehammer
I think it is. Chi amping as shown in comics always require some time...even a master like Iron Fist can just amp his chi to a ridiculous level in a blink of an eye.
it really does not take much time at all. people like shang-chi constantly have there chi amp at superhuman levels and can amp there body within seconds.

Battlehammer
Fair enough. But one could turn it around and say that bullseye is the one who is underwritten in comics...the fact he hasn't killed DD is only because DD is a hero.

I mean Bullseye could spit his teeth into your eye socket...what other street leveler could even do anything close to that.
.....elektra actaully did a feat just like that when she was haft dead......and chained up......

Enyalus
Originally posted by Battlehammer
.....elektra actaully did a feat just like that when she was haft dead......and chained up......
Bullseye spit it through the agent's skull. shifty

Battlehammer

|
hahahahahaahahahhahaaha the man who wrote that issue is the creator of Elektra.......not knowing the characters that halerious

Starscream M
hahahahahaahahahhahaaha the man who wrote that issue is the creator of Elektra.......not knowing the characters that halerious creators can write poorly even of their own characters

and when has Elektra EVER repeated a feat where a bullet bounced off her? never. I'm sure that's not a coincidence, considering how often she gets shot.

Battlehammer
creators can write poorly even of their own characters

and when has Elektra EVER repeated a feat where a bullet bounced off her? never. I'm sure that's not a coincidence, considering how often she gets shot.
......you said the author did not know the character powerset......when the author was the creator of the character........

not that I remeber, but she has used her chi amping before and her making her hand dense enough to block a bullet should not be out side her abilities.

.......elektra almost never gets shot.........

iceman24567
It's funny you should say that...

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0120.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0121.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0122.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0123.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0124.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_DarkReignElektra0126.jpg

Teeth, pshhh. How many street levelers can do THIS:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/th_bulletblock.jpg Heh and Paladin is suppose to be superhuman? He sucks ass for getting pwned so badly laughing

Battlehammer
Elektra is a highly skilled MA with meta human speed, agility an reflexes, who also a thelepath there no shame in geting beat by her

Raoul
Dont see why not they take a dig at other posters. At least im right. Anyway I said this at the beginning of the thread.

taking a dig at other posters = bashing.

iceman24567
Elektra is a highly skilled MA with meta human speed, agility an reflexes, who also a thelepath there no shame in geting beat by her Yeah when he gets beat that badly he should stick his head in the toilet and she was fugged up too erm

Battlehammer
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yeah when he gets beat that badly he should stick his head in the toilet and she was fugged up too erm

not really, he simply did not expect her to shoot a tooth down his throat nor be able to uses the vioce comands to releases her self. He was taken by surprize there no shame in that nor does it make him any less impressive, it just shows what a bad ass elektra is

iceman24567
not really, he simply did not expect her to shoot a tooth down his throat nor be able to uses the vioce comands to releases her self. He was taken by surprize there no shame in that nor does it make him any les impressive, it just shows what a bad ass elektra is Yeah she did take him off guard but damn couldn't he just have swallowed the tooth jeeze eek!

Battlehammer
lol

Battlehammer
also paladins a meta human? what are his powers I dident know that I thought he was just good with guns

iceman24567
also paladins a meta human? what are his powers I dident know that I thought he was just good with guns Yeah i read it somewhere i thought he was at leak peak human stick out tongue

Mshinu
Paladin`s strength is slightly superhuman, probably around 1 ton. I remember in a fight with Cap he said something like "there are advantages to super strength" then punched Cap hard enough to send him flying.

jinzin
Originally posted by Mshinu
Paladin`s strength is slightly superhuman, probably around 1 ton. I remember in a fight with Cap he said something like "there are advantages to super strength" then punched Cap hard enough to send him flying.

Paladin's strength is probably closer to the 2 to 3 ton category.

jinzin
creators can write poorly even of their own characters

What the f**k?

The only time's she's ever been shot have been when she's been on her last leg....

Konton
Originally posted by jinzin
What the f**k?

The only time's she's ever been shot have been when she's been on her last leg....

True that. She rarely gets shot, but when she does she's been handicapped in some way. Drugged, sick, etc. Even then, she still has bullet dodging feats when in such states.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.