FOTJ:Omen (spoliers may follow)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elite Hunter
I believe that book comes out today,so if anyone gets the book, mind telling the rest of the details.

Darth Truculent
I didn't get the book, but I think this is the series where Luke is KIA by the ancient Sith Empire and I am not joking. The ancient Sith were following the Sith Sphere that Ben piloted. That's all I got. Looked it up on Wikipedia. Should make for a great series!

Dr McBeefington
Right, Luke dies in this one. And George Lucas gives all of his money to charity.

Red Nemesis
DUMBLEDORE DIES

Edit: Y r u not wrking DS? IT HAZ BEEN A MONTH!!11

Eminence
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Right, Luke dies in this one. And George Lucas gives all of his money to charity. He said "series."

Dr McBeefington
It doesn't matter what he said. Luke is the highlander.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
DUMBLEDORE DIES

Edit: Y r u not wrking DS? IT HAZ BEEN A MONTH!!11

Whine whine whinity whine whine.

****, by quoting your post I saw the spoiler. They should fix this.

Dr McBeefington
Harry Potter is for homos

Lord Lucien
Homos and cool people.

Dr McBeefington
Does anyone want me to say something to Megan Fox tonight for you? Like a shout out?

Lord Lucien
Just because you can see her on the screen, doesn't mean she can hear you.

Eminence
I saw the forest fight, and holy ****ing shit. GO 2 ROK FOR DETAILS

Dr McBeefington
Amazing movie. There were a lot of corny parts but the storyline and action were just phenomenal. And yea the forest fight.. People can once and for all, accept the fact that Optimus Prime>Megatron.

Captain REX
On topic, please, though the forest fight was easily the best fight in the film. Bravo, Optimus.

I do not think that Luke will be killed by the ancient Sith that have somehow managed to avoid all detection in three thousand years.

Elite Hunter
According to wookiepedia, Cilghal contacted Luke and said that she thinks Jysella Horn used the flow walking technique to escape the jedi temple. And now Luke is going to meet with the Aing-Tii. I wonder how they are going to explain Jysella using that technique, I find it out that Jacen would have taught her that.

Darth Truculent
So this means that Revan failed to stop the ancient Sith - he only delayed them. Would you agree with that statement Elite?

Red Nemesis
Umm... isn't that what the new TOR game is about? FotJ is on the complete other end of the timeline?

xxxpoppunker182
K i just finished the book do you want me to tell you everything?

(sorry rex baxk to transformers. There were 2 flaws I found. one in the story the other with megatrons size.)

Dr McBeefington
No real flaws in transformers. I don't think I've seen action of that magnitude before, not even in Dark Knight. Prime is the only one who can defeat Megatron and The Fallen.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
No real flaws in transformers. I don't think I've seen action of that magnitude before, not even in Dark Knight. Prime is the only one who can defeat Megatron and The Fallen.

aside from the statement at the end of the first movie that said the reason for putting megatrons remains in that part of the ocean was because the intense cold would keep him from ever coming back to life

and the size of megatron from the first to second movie completely different. in the first movie megatron was bigger than optimus and in the sequel he is the same size.

aside from that though it was a good movie.

as to Omen and the rest of the FOTJ series so far the only parts I like are with Luke and Ben everything else is just stupid.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182

and the size of megatron from the first to second movie completely different. in the first movie megatron was bigger than optimus and in the sequel he is the same size.

thats not a flaw thats a fix. in the first movie megatrons size was completely inaccurate to his canon size from the show. bay just tried to make him look more canon.

Captain REX
Yeah, there's a Transformers section on KMC. Go use it.

I want to read this series mainly because of Luke and Ben traveling together, father and son. It feels like they've been avoiding doing that in previous works, pawning Ben off to be Jacen's Padawan and all that.

Hewhoknowsall
So does anyone have the book?

xxxpoppunker182
sorry rex. and If the only thing you wanna read are the luke/ben parts then you'll have a fairly good story all the other stuff is crap so far.

Ya I have the book and read it I can tell you anything you wanna know

Hewhoknowsall
How good is it?

Dr McBeefington
Megatron was never bigger than Prime. They were always the same size. Watch the movie again.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
K i just finished the book do you want me to tell you everything?
By all means, post away,general summary of events that take place and anything else you feel is odd or worth discussing.

xxxpoppunker182
k Jsyellia horn goes insane just like her bro then some how uses the flow walk ability to see the future and nearly escapes. she takes on 2 of her friends and the the GA take her in and she gets frozen in carbonite. A reporter videos the whole thing.

Cligahl tells luke so him and ben go visit the Aing-Ti and try to find out more about jacen. Ben wants to learn the flow walk, luke doesn't want him to but let's him. The aing-ti are undergoing a change in society due to a prophet who dies recently. The prophet started force theology that contradicted the original Aing Ti beliefs and since Luke is there they ask if he will help in return for then teaching him about Jacen.

Luke and ben go into a cave with religious artifacts that the aing ti can;t touch because of religious beliefs. They go in tryinf to find answeres as to what the Aing ti should believe. They look through everything and Luke touches an artifact strong in the force that multiplies his own power a great deal only it also makes you more likely to fall to the darkside.

Natu wan goes crazy ahile han and leia and allana are at the livestock exchange buying allana a pet or something. Leia kills a mother nexu.Daala hates the Jedi blah blah blah.

Luke goes back to the aing ti and tells them that they just have to make the decision to believe in what they think is best. Ben flow walks back to when Jacen was learning with the ang ti and see's that he wasn't dark yet and that his drive to learn everything he could to help bring peace into the galaxy was the problem.

During all of this the book jumps back 2 years into the past and follows a new sith character Vestara. She is with the lost sith tribe and they have been stuck on the planet kesh for 5000 years. they have no means of space travel until the sith meditation sphere ben found on ziost finds Vestara on kesh. Up until this point the tribe has belived thaty the republic has been destroyed and that the sith rule the galaxy until ship tells them otherwise.

The sith start attacking other ships and gets their 5000 yr old sith ship the Omen. They then start killing people and taking over ships trying to make an armada of sith ships to take over the galaxy. when Luke touched the powerful artifact that Multiplied his power the sith felt him. Ship(as the sith sphere is called) tells them who Luke is and then leaves for some reason. The sith were going to track down and kill luke but when ship leaves they decided to go after him.

Luke felt a disturbance in the force coming from the maw. then you find out jacen touched the same artifact and came to the same conclusion as luke did. Luke and Ben decide to go to the maw the Aing-ti sternly warn them not to just like they warned jacen. Luke and Ben go anyway. Just like Jacen.

Jag and Jaina get engaged
allana has good morals and since Leia killed the mother nexu they need to adopt one and take care of it becasue with a good enough trainer they can be good pets.

Elite Hunter
So in your opinion, is it worth getting?

xxxpoppunker182
well no matter how lame the SW novels get I will always get them.

if you plan on following the whole series then I'd say get it.

kotorfan
I got to like the 1st two bullets, before I had to go pick up my cousins from da airport.. they left 2day. sad lol

Anyways, it is pretty good I guess. Just read for urself. Buy if u like. Thats what I do all the time.

and I don't get what the Vestara part was about. She seems prominently featured on the cover, but it was mostly about Luke/Ben's travels. and the other insane jedi/what happens in the jedi council etc.

well I didn't get to much.. like page 50 but well I guess you guys should maybe go to the bookstore and read abit
, since thats what I have been told multiple times now. xD

truejedi
does anyone else think they are starting to just make up stupid force powers now? Even as an admitted Luke fanboy, i'm getting sick of them just INVENTING force powers for him to master in every book.

They just gave him a power that gives him the ability to take the lightsaber away from any opponent he ever faces again. That's overpowered. (unless its just rocks he can move, which makes it pointless, which is equally irritating)

If the former is true rather than the latter, how much you wanna bet he just DOESN'T take the lightsaber away from the next opponent for whatever reason?

and at least Denning will be writing the next one. As boring as this one was, that one holds a bit of promise i think.

opinions?

Hewhoknowsall
CAN'T WAIT for Abyss to come out!

Eminence
truejedi
does anyone else think they are starting to just make up stupid force powers now? Even as an admitted Luke fanboy, i'm getting sick of them just INVENTING force powers for him to master in every book.

They just gave him a power that gives him the ability to take the lightsaber away from any opponent he ever faces again. That's overpowered. (unless its just rocks he can move, which makes it pointless, which is equally irritating)

If the former is true rather than the latter, how much you wanna bet he just DOESN'T take the lightsaber away from the next opponent for whatever reason?

and at least Denning will be writing the next one. As boring as this one was, that one holds a bit of promise i think.

opinions? Teleporting objects with the Force is... new. And weird.

But I wouldn't worry about the writers playing him up too much. PIS is his middle name.

Hewhoknowsall
What about force fireball?

Nephthys
Its been done.

Eminence
It's also retarded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.