Ares vs Omega Red

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/850966-ares2_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9241/725693-rachel_summers_by_stompboxxx_super.jpg

jrodslam
Like i stated in the other thread. Unless Ares got a boost i dont know about, i dont see him resisting the Death Factor.

Starscream M
don't olympians possess a stong degree of immunity against poisons? I'd assume it wouldn't affect Ares too much

carver9
Does ares possess more strength than Colossus because from what I have seen, omega red brushes colossus strength off like nothing.

I give this to omega red 7/10

jrodslam
Originally posted by Starscream M
don't olympians possess a stong degree of immunity against poisons? I'd assume it wouldn't affect Ares too much

Im sure they do, but its never been described what his(Red's) phermones are. Just airborne. Also, if the death factor is applied, it may be curtains for Ares.

Wild Shadow
thats what i was thinking, Ares isnt going to just fold in his grip besides he is stronger and would be able to get free from his grasp.

i pick Ares. ftw 7/10

jrodslam
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
thats what i was thinking, Ares isnt going to just fold in his grip besides he is stronger and would be able to get free from his grasp.

i pick Ares. ftw 7/10

Colossus has been unable to break Reds grip. Also, if death factor is applied, he definitely aint breaking it.

We dont even know if the phermones would be ineffective. If they arent, bad news.

carver9

i pick Ares. ftw 7/10

So you think that ares is going to pull a majority from someone who took on the entire team of exaliber and beat them in four panels. A guy who took on the entire team of xmen and almost killed them. A guy that beat the hell out of iron man physically, etc....

Ares has a hard time fighting wolverine, I know for a fact he would get CREAMED by someone in omega reds caliber.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by jrodslam
Colossus has been unable to break Reds grip. Also, if death factor is applied, he definitely aint breaking it.

We dont even know if the phermones would be ineffective. If they arent, bad news.

colossus doesnt have his own HF.

Starscream M

We dont even know if the phermones would be ineffective. If they arent, bad news. colossus fights with punches, which Red can prob deal with better than he can against Are's adamantium weaponry

I think it is a close fight though

Starscream M

We dont even know if the phermones would be ineffective. If they arent, bad news. people with strong HFs seem to be able to deal with the pheromones (ie sabretooth, wolverine)...no reason to think ares would be any different

psycho gundam
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9241/725693-rachel_summers_by_stompboxxx_super.jpg tentacle rape in: 3...2..

jrodslam
colossus fights with punches, which Red can prob deal with better than he can against Are's adamantium weaponry

people with strong HFs seem to be able to deal with the pheromones (ie sabretooth, wolverine)...no reason to think ares would be any different

Red had dealt with adamantium weaponry before.

Is Ares healing factor up there with the likes of Sabes and Wolvie?

And if its established that his hf counteracts the phermones, that still leaves the death factor that hasnt been countered by a hf yet.

Starscream M
Red had dealt with adamantium weaponry before.

Is Ares healing factor up there with the likes of Sabes and Wolvie?

And if its established that his hf counteracts the phermones, that still leaves the death factor that hasnt been countered by a hf yet.

Red has dealt with adamantium weaponry...against a guy with basically peak human strength

an adamantium strike by a guy with over 75 ton strength is FAR FAR more powerful.

I dont think Ares hf is on par with logan's, but he also does have the god-factor working for him, so in addition to his HF, he should have better natural resistance to it than logan...so I think it evens out on that regard

and yeah, I think the death factor would work on Ares, just like a strike to the head of Red by Ares axe would prob do him it...so either fighter has the means to take out the other

Wild Shadow
logan has dealt with omega red with his old moderate HF. Ares current HF should be on par with the old HF of logan's. omega red has dealt with adamantium wpns in the past but never against someone with 75 ton strength backing it up.

if old logan was able to stalemate and survive omega for 14 hrs, pretty sure ares can do better and be able to kill him.

carver9
people with strong HFs seem to be able to deal with the pheromones (ie sabretooth, wolverine)...no reason to think ares would be any different

If anything, people on the other team would be juicing red up, increasing his stats to level higher than it is.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/265/uncannyxmen499006qf0.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2186/uncannyxmen499007rz6.jpg

and claws aint doing jack to omega red.

jrodslam
Red has dealt with adamantium weaponry...against a guy with basically peak human strength

an adamantium strike by a guy with over 75 ton strength is FAR FAR more powerful.

I dont think Ares hf is on par with logan's, but he also does have the god-factor working for him, so in addition to his HF, he should have better natural resistance to it than logan...so I think it evens out on that regard

and yeah, I think the death factor would work on Ares, just like a strike to the head of Red by Ares axe would prob do him it...so either fighter has the means to take out the other

Not saying that it wouldnt be possible, but that guy with the peak human strength is faster than the guy with over 75 ton strength. Also, Reds tentacles were able to penetrate straight through Iron Mans armor, so Reds power and speed is nothing to underestimate either.

I just think that Red would be fast enough to evade being decapitated whereas i dont think Ares would be strong enough to break out of reds grip.

jrodslam
logan has dealt with omega red with his old moderate HF. Ares current HF should be on par with the old HF of logan's. omega red has dealt with adamantium wpns in the past but never against someone with 75 ton strength backing it up.

if old logan was able to stalemate and survive omega for 14 hrs, pretty sure ares can do better and be able to kill him.

Which old moderate hf are you talking about?

Red was holding back a bunch when he was fighting logan for the 14 hrs. He didnt even use the phermones and definitely not the death factor.

Wild Shadow
the old HF factor the original one logan had before it went to insane lvls.

besides it is very probable that ares could slice off a tentacle with his strength and wpn.

StiltmanFTW
colossus fights with punches, which Red can prob deal with better than he can against Are's adamantium weaponry

Adamantine weaponry, not adamantium...

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
tentacle rape in: 3...2..
Echoing my thoughts exactly...

StiltmanFTW
What's comic that from btw? laughing out loud

Starscream M
don't know...got the image from comicvine.

btw, how strong is adamantine compared to adamantium?

StiltmanFTW
don't know...got the image from comicvine.

btw, how strong is adamantine compared to adamantium?

I know you did, I wasn't asking you uhuh stick out tongue

Man, I'd love to read that laughing

Good question. Someone should make a thread about this. Herc's mace is made of adamantine which is equal to Mjolnir (enchanted Uru). But I'm not sure whether or not his mace is enchanted...

Mindset
It's enchanted by his awesomeness.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
It's enchanted by his awesomeness.

Sin I AM
Ares....I dont see OR death factor being a problem for Ares same way it shouldnt affect Thor, or Hercules. All the gods are functionally immortal and immune to poisons, it shouldnt be that easy to drain thier godly life force.

jrodslam
Being immortal doesnt mean you cant be killed. I dont see why a life drain wouldnt work.

The Scribe
Being immortal doesnt mean you cant be killed. I dont see why a life drain wouldnt work.

Being a god, he is also immortal and cannot be harmed by mortal weapons, only magical ones.

has complete command over any weapon.

His armor is virtually indestructible. He can regenerate his physical being into any form he wishes and can teleport himself and others, as well as alter reality to whatever he desires. He is now also recognized as the Death god of the Greek Pantheon and thus has control over the dead.

Ares

Mindset
Being immortal doesnt mean you cant be killed. I dont see why a life drain wouldnt work. That's exactly what it means.

But that's not the way it is used in comics, a lot of times.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Scribe
Being a god, he is also immortal and cannot be harmed by mortal weapons, only magical ones.

has complete command over any weapon.

His armor is virtually indestructible. He can regenerate his physical being into any form he wishes and can teleport himself and others, as well as alter reality to whatever he desires. He is now also recognized as the Death god of the Greek Pantheon and thus has control over the dead.

Ares

This thread is not about DC Ares. See the original post.

The Scribe
Originally posted by Mindset
That's exactly what it means.

But that's not the way it is used in comics, a lot of times.

Immortality: 1. The quality or state of being immortal; exemption from death and annihilation; unending existence; as, the immortality of the soul.

2. Exemption from oblivion; perpetuity; as, the immortality of fame.

Have people forgotten how to use a dictionary? roll eyes (sarcastic) disgust

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
This thread is not about DC Ares. See the original post.

I was just looking at a Marvel Ares thread. eek!

This should still apply to Marvel's Ares.

He does have immortality. wink

Draco69
What's the strongest person Omega Red's death factor as worked against?

And no, Colossus isn't a good example. His durability in every sense of the word isn't on par with the likes of Thor, Hercules, Superman, etc.

It sets a rather dangerous precedent.

If we're just gonna assume it will work on Ares, than it can work on Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, Green Lantern.

Hell why not Galactus while we're at it...?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Draco69
What's the strongest person Omega Red's death factor as worked against?

And no, Colossus isn't a good example. His durability in every sense of the word isn't on par with the likes of Thor, Hercules, Superman, etc.

It sets a rather dangerous precedent.

If we're just gonna assume it will work on Ares, than it can work on Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, Green Lantern.

Hell why not Galactus while we're at it...?

eer

Colossus is a hell of a lot more durable than Ares. A lot more durable.

Ares' durability isn't on par with theirs.

Wild Shadow
their is a difference between colossus durability and ares stamina, indurance and regeneration. colossus doesnt possess any form of resistance to fight off the death spore or life siphon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus has incredible stamina and endurance along with his vast durability. Ares has superior healing abilities but that's about it.

The best argument that can be made for Ares in my opinion is that, unlike the other beings Omega Red has faced, Ares is a god with godly life force sustaining him, that gives him immortality, and makes him unaffected by things such as diseases.

The Nuul
Ares wrecks him. I agrees that the death factor got to Colossus and thats how Red won. It wont be the case for a God.

jrodslam
Ahh, so its a general consensus that a god such as ares or thor cant have their life force drained? And this is bases off what? Especially considering they both can be killed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ahh, so its a general consensus that a god such as ares or thor cant have their life force drained? And this is bases off what? Especially considering they both can be killed.

Well, the fact that they are gods, and posses a godly essence, has shown that they are resistant/immune to things that would effect/kill a mortal simply based on the fact that they are, well, gods. Thor's proved that to us. They're immortal essence sustains them. It's one of the reasons, they are are immune to earthly maladies, and so damn hard to kill etc.

No one is arguing that they can't be killed, but they would be less affected by something that is capable of draining or stealing a mortal's life/essence. To what degree are they resistant? I don't know. Based on Thor's feats, I would doubt it would work on him. Ares? I'm not sure.....

Lord Feron
Originally posted by psycho gundam
tentacle rape in: 3...2..

Was about to say that... like wtf hentai?

Good fight imo Red wins but works for it.

StiltmanFTW
Red still can just impale him with his tentacles.

Logan's "old moderate HF" was better than that of Ares.

Mshinu
Omega Red`s abilies are hardly "earthly maladies", I think he would be able to affect Ares but Ares can probably take this far better than a mere mortal.

Good fight, Omega for the majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.