Ponyo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Click to see the trailer.

Miyazaki's next masterpiece! I own all of his movies, and I highly anticipate seeing this film.

The plot centers on a baby fish in the sea named Ponyo who wants to become a human girl. In pursuing her goal, she befriends a five-year-old human boy, Sōsuke. The film releases in theaters in the US on August 14, 2009.

Anyone else out there a Miyazaki fan?

MildPossession
Me, I adore Studio Ghibli films, a friend of mine who lives in Japan saw this last summer! and I'm soooooooooooo jealous. Saw the trailer months ago, been waiting! It's out on DVD in Asia on the 3rd of July, so hoping I can get my hands on one.

I see the American poster has copied Finding Nemo style slightly...

MildPossession
Where are all the fans! got to be some more.

Prince Nauj
this looks good but to kidish. I wish he would do another violent pg13 like princess mononoke which is my fav of his

MildPossession

MildPossession
Oo, if you have a multi region dvd player, it's out on DVD on region 3 on the 27th this month, I've got mine pre-ordered. Yay.

Impediment
My favorite Miyazake film is definitely Spirited Away.

MildPossession
Spirited Away is wonderful.

Prince Nauj
yes that one is good to I did name my cat Chihiro

Scythe
Originally posted by Impediment
Click to see the trailer.

Miyazaki's next masterpiece! I own all of his movies, and I highly anticipate seeing this film.

The plot centers on a baby fish in the sea named Ponyo who wants to become a human girl. In pursuing her goal, she befriends a five-year-old human boy, Sōsuke. The film releases in theaters in the US on August 14, 2009.

Anyone else out there a Miyazaki fan?

Ah, you bastard, you made this thread before I did. Go bake me a pie.

Seriously, I saw a rough cut of this film from Asia, the subtitles were horrible, but the animation was top-notch, I can't wait to see it in English.

MildPossession
I've got it on dvd, it's fab.

BackFire
I just saw it in theaters and it was really masterful and magical. Beautiful film.

XanatosForever
I swear everything Miyazaki touches turns to animation gold.

Impediment
Goddammit. It isn't in my local theaters.

XanatosForever
Ouch. Tough break, Imped. I was lucky enough to be near the one theater that's showing it locally. Went on the weekend to catch it with my girlfriend.

Quincy
Originally posted by Impediment
Goddammit. It isn't in my local theaters.

This.

God damn it.

MildPossession
Multi region dvd players are fabulous guys, get one!! stick out tongue

Scythe
I got one!

yungz22
did this movie come out yet

K.Diddy
beer This movie is meant to be great,I have never got around to seeing it,but I will try too soon

dhong
This movie is a really a great, Obviously what I would expect in miyazaki's work he has the ability to imagine our most vivid of dreams and make it into a movie. I just love everything that he makes. Spirited Away still takes the best spot though.

Icexx2
I love Studio Ghibli Films. Ponyo was an awesome movie, I really enjoyed it. I think I'm going to re-watch it, haven't seen it since it came out on DVD last year.

K.Diddy
beer I must get around to seeing this,I have heard nothing but great things about it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.