Batman: 28 Jokes Later...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
The Joker has concocted a scheme to finish off the JLA. After watching the film 28 Days Later he decides that the best way to take them down is to turn the people they protect against them. He hits the lab and creates a Jokerized version of the "Rage" virus from the film. Infection will drive the carrier insane and into a blood thirsty rage, but they'll be laughing insanely and smiling the entire time. Batman catches wind of this plot and he and Superman move against the Joker to stop him. Unknown to Batman, part of the viral compound incorporates Kryptonite which weakens Superman's protection and he becomes infected. Batman is wearing a biosuit and is protected from the infection, but Superman flails violently and knocks Batman unconscious.

Batman awakens 28 Days Later to find Gotham seemingly deserted. There is no electricty and a stench of decaying bodies and garbage. He looks up in the sky and sees what appears to be a green barrier above the planet. The GLC apparently has quarantined Earth for some reason, trapping Batman inside as one of the last uninfected people alive. Batman makes his way through the streets of Gotham back to Wayne Manor. On his way he sees the corpses of many villains, heroes, and civilians, seemingly beaten to death. As he observes the dead bodies of Superman and Gorilla Grodd, he hears a rumbling of large footsteps running towards him. He turns to see an infected 40 foot tall Atom Smasher rampaging through Gotham with hundreds of infected people running at his feet, including Ra's Al Ghul and Nightwing. Batman breaks out at full speed and gets away. He reaches a safehouse he'd set up and contacts Hal Jordan. Hal gives Batman a rundown of the situation:

-Superman spread the infection to the JLA upon returning to the Watchtower.
-The infected JLA came down to Earth and began rampaging through the planet infecting and slaughtering millions.
-A joint taskforce of the US, Russian, Chinese, and Khandaqian military and anti-superhuman forces attempted to subdue the JLA.
-The ensuing battle resulted in the deaths and infection of most of the parties involved.
-The surviving heroes made their way back to the US and were rampaging in Gotham and Metropolis.
-The Supervillain communuity stepped up to try to end the carnage. During the battle Dr. Polaris and Dr. Light set off a planet spanning EMP to disable the nuclear weapons the US & Russian Governments had fired at the battlefield as a last ditch effort to kill Superman and the other infected, causing all planes airborne to crash and set numerous cities on fire.
-All but a select few of the metahuman community killed eachother in the initial flare up and battle. The only remaining metas alive on earth are Atom Smasher (infected), Solomon Grundy (infected), John Stewart (infected, which alerted the GLC of the situation), Clayface (infected), Aquaman (infected), Swamp Thing (infected), Vandal Savage (healthy), Animal Man (healthy), Red Tornado (healthy), Mr. Freeze (healthy), and Cyborg (healthy). Most of the human superhero and villain community survived but are infected, as well as the human population being infected, putting the infected in the billions. Ra's Al Ghul is infected but seems to be able to keep his intelligence due to a side effect of the Lazarus Pit chemicals, so he is leading the hordes of infected along side The Joker (who inoculated himself then destroyed the vaccine). The only uninfected humans left besides Batman are Green Arrow, Huntress, Lex Luthor, and Mr. Terriffic.
-The Guardians ordered the barrier to be kept around the Earth to prevent the danger of Swamp Thing spreading the disease to the flora of other planets.
-Unless a cure is found in 96 hours the Guardians intend to complete destroy all biological life on the planet by shunting the sphere into entropy.

Hal then communicates the situation to the other remaining survivors.

Can Batman (in Gotham) and the following survivors:

Vandal Savage (in Brazil)
Cyborg (in Los Angeles).
Red Tornado (in Australia)
Green Arrow (in Boston)
Huntress (in Boston)
Lex Luthor (in Beijing)
Mr. Freeze (in Paris)
Mr. Terriffic (in London)
Animal Man (in Metropolis)

coordinate their efforts, survive against the hordes of infected being directed at them by Ra's Al Ghul and the Joker, and find a cure in 4 days to prevent the Earth's destruction?

Discuss.

Juk3n
Classic mistake, Batman gets prep. He succeeds.

The Scribe
Interesting scenario. Elseworlds.

This could be the Joker's last laugh.

Send this plot to DC.

I don't know the outcome it could go either way.
What about the other heroes and villians?
Darkseid, Spectre, Green Lantern Corps, and so on.

Sin I AM
i 2nd that..interesting plot though

godking
Originally posted by illadelph12
The Joker has concocted a scheme to finish off the JLA. After watching the film 28 Days Later he decides that the best way to take them down is to turn the people they protect against them. He hits the lab and creates a Jokerized version of the "Rage" virus from the film. Infection will drive the carrier insane and into a blood thirsty rage, but they'll be laughing insanely and smiling the entire time. Batman catches wind of this plot and he and Superman move against the Joker to stop him. Unknown to Batman, part of the viral compound incorporates Kryptonite which weakens Superman's protection and he becomes infected. Batman is wearing a biosuit and is protected from the infection, but Superman flails violently and knocks Batman unconscious.

Batman awakens 28 Days Later to find Gotham seemingly deserted. There is no electricty and a stench of decaying bodies and garbage. He looks up in the sky and sees what appears to be a green barrier above the planet. The GLC apparently has quarantined Earth for some reason, trapping Batman inside as one of the last uninfected people alive. Batman makes his way through the streets of Gotham back to Wayne Manor. On his way he sees the corpses of many villains, heroes, and civilians, seemingly beaten to death. As he observes the dead bodies of Superman and Gorilla Grodd, he hears a rumbling of large footsteps running towards him. He turns to see an infected 40 foot tall Atom Smasher rampaging through Gotham with hundreds of infected people running at his feet, including Ra's Al Ghul and Nightwing. Batman breaks out at full speed and gets away. He reaches a safehouse he'd set up and contacts Hal Jordan. Hal gives Batman a rundown of the situation:

-Superman spread the infection to the JLA upon returning to the Watchtower.
-The infected JLA came down to Earth and began rampaging through the planet infecting and slaughtering millions.
-A joint taskforce of the US, Russian, Chinese, and Khandaqian military and anti-superhuman forces attempted to subdue the JLA.
-The ensuing battle resulted in the deaths and infection of most of the parties involved.
-The surviving heroes made their way back to the US and were rampaging in Gotham and Metropolis.
-The Supervillain communuity stepped up to try to end the carnage. During the battle Dr. Polaris and Dr. Light set off a planet spanning EMP to disable the nuclear weapons the US & Russian Governments had fired at the battlefield as a last ditch effort to kill Superman and the other infected, causing all planes airborne to crash and set numerous cities on fire.
-All but a select few of the metahuman community killed eachother in the initial flare up and battle. The only remaining metas alive on earth are Atom Smasher (infected), Solomon Grundy (infected), John Stewart (infected, which alerted the GLC of the situation), Clayface (infected), Aquaman (infected), Swamp Thing (infected), Vandal Savage (healthy), Animal Man (healthy), Red Tornado (healthy), Mr. Freeze (healthy), and Cyborg (healthy). Most of the human superhero and villain community survived but are infected, as well as the human population being infected, putting the infected in the billions. Ra's Al Ghul is infected but seems to be able to keep his intelligence due to a side effect of the Lazarus Pit chemicals, so he is leading the hordes of infected along side The Joker (who inoculated himself then destroyed the vaccine). The only uninfected humans left besides Batman are Green Arrow, Huntress, Lex Luthor, and Mr. Terriffic.
-The Guardians ordered the barrier to be kept around the Earth to prevent the danger of Swamp Thing spreading the disease to the flora of other planets.
-Unless a cure is found in 96 hours the Guardians intend to complete destroy all biological life on the planet by shunting the sphere into entropy.

Hal then communicates the situation to the other remaining survivors.

Cyborg (in Los Angeles).
Green Arrow (in Boston)
Huntress (in Boston)
Lex Luthor (in Beijing)
Mr. Freeze (in Paris)

coordinate their efforts, survive against the hordes of infected being directed at them by Ra's Al Ghul and the Joker, and find a cure in 4 days to prevent the Earth's destruction?

Discuss. He fails not enough time and to many enemies and not enough allies.

Sin I AM
isnt animal man dead?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i 2nd that..interesting plot though

Damn it man that sig is good. I dont really get on with Starlock but I gotta take my hat off.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
isnt animal man dead? Since when? eek!

Tazer
Yo.

Cyborg (in Los Angeles).
Green Arrow (in Boston)
Huntress (in Boston)
Lex Luthor (in Beijing)
Mr. Freeze (in Paris)

Discuss.

not w/o the use of computers (which would be available since most major service facilities would be abandoned due to *every1 else* being infectd and thus not keeping things running.) AND/OR a telepath......or Hal w/his Ring.

if Hal was included & had his Ring, then Id say yea......

Tazer

illadelph12
For the intent of the thread Hal is not on Earth, he's above the planet helping to form the GL's barrier, but he can communicate with Batman and the survivors on the surface.

There is still Cyborg, Red Tornado, Mr. Terriffic, and Animal Man, however.

psycho gundam
wait till trick sees this.

and yeah, batman will just pull something out of his library and counter the virus just in the nick of time.

probably an antidote derived from vandal savage's immortal/recuperative dna.

occultdestroyer
Batman might take a sample from one of the infected's DNA, and make a vaccine.
Lex Luthor pilots one of his personal air carriers and fetch all the other remaining survivors to safety towards the Bat Cave in Gotham City.
Together with Lex Luthor and Mr. Terrific, it is more likely that a vaccine would be made in about 2 days or less.
The vaccine should be in gaseous form, and spread airborne to hasten the recuperation of other the others infected.
Cyborg and Red Tornado will have to do the dirty work of spreading the vaccine.
Vandal Savage, Mr. Freeze, and Animal Man makes sure to secure the area, and terminate anyone/anything that tries to invade the Bat Cave.

If they succeed, they celebrate in a huge gangbang with Huntress droolio

Lord Feron
Interesting Delph... IMO I think it is possible. Communication using the JLA watchtower signal should still work right? Also Batman has a motherbox and can't it instantly find a cure if someone is infected withsomething like that ? IDK but batman will find a cure.

Will take his batplane to find cyborg 1st imo. He would be able to get around the world and collect the other guys the fastest.

When the gang is together they could come up with something combining the genius of Lex and Bruce and Savage. With the powers of Cyborg and Mr. Terrific. I'm guessing the antidote might be some nano machine crap.

Cool thread.

illadelph12
Interesting.

Only problem I think people are overlooking is that Ra's Al Ghul is in Gotham, knows the location of the Batcave, knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne, and knows most of Batman's secrets, as well as having Swamp Thing and a Green Lantern (John) under his control.

Lord Feron
Interesting.

Only problem I think people are overlooking is that Ra's Al Ghul is in Gotham, knows the location of the Batcave, knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne, and knows most of Batman's secrets, as well as having Swamp Thing and a Green Lantern (John) under his control.

Hmm... well Does Ra knows that Batman is still alive? So we must assume he is actively track batman? Well I guess then it is possible to already have Bat's placed staked out or destroyed.

Well he would use the JL communication thingie and and and broadcast on a wavelegth that maybe Lex is listening along with anyother good guy. Because Lex would definitely have the resources to help batman get a cure.

I think Ra knowing everything and leading a bunch of super powers especially swamp thing I would say 8/10 batman looses. In comics books he would win at the last minute or something but here I really don't think he has that good of chance.

PRAYERRUN
Interesting.

Ok first off, this is something that should actually be written. Marvel has thier marvel zombies, this would be DC's version, and I'd say it's better.

Second, If Ra's Al Gul is in gotham, he's probably already destroyed the Batcave and everything in it. Even if he doesn't know Batman is still alive, Batsy is gonna have problems.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.