Apocalypse vs the Elders of the Universe and In-Betweener

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
OK, this is like a "What If..?" where Apocalypse learns of the Infinity Gems before Thanos and decides to undertake the Thanos quest himself:

1) Soul gem: the In-Betweener
2) Power gem: Champion of the Universe
3) Time Gem: the Gardener
4) Space gem: the Runner
5) Reality gem: the Collector
6) Mind gem: the Grandmaster

He has all his resources available, including Ship to get him around. He doesn't have to defeat everyone, like Thanos he can rely on trickery and/or his opponent's stupidity to get the gems.

Can Apocalypse achieve what Thanos did and become the supreme being?

Mshinu
Apoc is one of the best schemers there is. With time on his side he can do it.

psycho gundam
apocalypse isn't as wiley as thanos is imo, but thanos beat some elders with the the gems so i wouldn't put it past apocalypse in that respect.

imo he'd take is time gathering them, after each one he steals he'd go back to some hidden lab and tinker with it for months if not years.

basilisk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
apocalypse isn't as wiley as thanos is imo, but thanos beat some elders with the the gems so i wouldn't put it past apocalypse in that respect.

imo he'd take is time gathering them, after each one he steals he'd go back to some hidden lab and tinker with it for months if not years.

That might give away what he is doing to potential enemies, and allow them time to draw up forces to stop him. And there are some powerful beings out in the cosmos of the MU that Apoc may not like knocking on the door of his lab...

illadelph12
I think Apocalypse is capable. I think he'd start with the Time Gem and then the Reality gem to ease the later acquisitions. If Nur is anything it's patient.

Lord Feron
Yep

psycho gundam
Originally posted by basilisk
That might give away what he is doing to potential enemies, and allow them time to draw up forces to stop him. And there are some powerful beings out in the cosmos of the MU that Apoc may not like knocking on the door of his lab... not really, apocalypse is a "master string puller".

and besides, if apocalypse even acquires one gem, really doesn't matter which one, he'll be even harder to pin down let alone fight.

thanos was being watched by all the elders anyway after he got the first one. it was the grandmaster's scheme to fight him last so he could wager for the whole set.

Survivor19
First order of busyness, he will recruit Rulk as horseman. After that it will be piece of cake.
I suppose, he can do that.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Survivor19
First order of busyness, he will recruit Rulk as horseman. After that it will be piece of cake.
I suppose, he can do that.

Apoc should make Rulk his next vessel.. then he wouldn`t need the gems to kill LT and take his job. evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.