was darthvader good on the inside

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pgdarth95
i know that he was good at the end of epsd. 6 but was he good the whole time ( take into mind what he said after cutting maces arm off "what have i done?!" maby the emporor was controlling his mind)

JediRobin23
The emperor never drove it out of him fully. Once he joined palpatine, Anakin thought there was no turning back. From then on he was evil until luke saved him

pgdarth95
i thought that anikain wouldnt give up that easily, i mean look at how he acts in epsd.1, 2, and 3.

pgdarth95
with the pod race and padme being attacked and chaseing the bounty hunter um... i forgot her name but she can shape shift.

K-Dog
I wonder how much the emperor cared. My impression is that any emotion that would cause Darth to exercise his power more would be ok with Sid, as long as it never quite got to Darth feeling really "good' all the time. I think that even if there was a little bit of good there, a Sith isn't going to really care, because emotion and deception and even turning on each other had been the way of the Sith. Kinda like being in a prison gang.

General G
I don't think Sid was ever controlling Darth's mind, I think Darth actually thought he was doing the galaxya favour, Sid's manipulated him enough into thinking that the Jedi were actually evil and doing everything for their own personal gain.
Anakin wanted to take control of the galaxy to make his own version of peace. The only way to do that (in his mind), was through Sidious and destroying the power-hungry/seeking Jedi.

DarthLazious
Yes he was.

steverules_2
Originally posted by pgdarth95
with the pod race and padme being attacked and chaseing the bounty hunter um... i forgot her name but she can shape shift.

Zam Wessell? Think that was her name

Ziggy22
Of course he was good on the inside. If he wasn't he wouldn't have fulfilled the prophecy.

ares834
If he did not have good inside of him he would not have been redeamed. Luke simply uncovered the good in Vader.

coolmovies
yes buy chopping his arm off

Jedireaper
Good one cool movies

General G
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Yes he was.

No he wasn't.

See what I did there?

Sgt.Shakedown
He was good on the inside.

General G
Back it up?

jayce78
i know that he was good at the end of epsd. 6 but was he good the whole time ( take into mind what he said after cutting maces arm off "what have i done?!"

Could this thread be any gayier all the time. What have I done.

General G
i know that he was good at the end of epsd. 6 but was he good the whole time ( take into mind what he said after cutting maces arm off "what have i done?!" maby the emporor was controlling his mind)

Was he good the whole time? Well...you decide...is blowing up a planet good? Is playing to your son's emotions good? Is hunting down entire species (Jedi, yeah, they are their own species in my books) good?

I personally wouldn't say so...

I don't think the people on the receiving ends of those attacks would say so either. Maybe Vader would say it was good, maybe he thought he was doing the galaxy a favour, he just might have. Who knows.

But was he good in the generally accepted definition of the word the whole time? No. No, he was not.

Hybris
and

Hope this clears it up.

Sith Master X
On the inside, absolutely, the good was buried beneath the evil. That is not to say that Vader's actions weren't wrong. He did act maliciously and was every bit influenced by the dark side, but the light side of the force never entirely vanished from him. It was there and he needed to be redeemed, in which Luke was able to do.

roughrider
Here's what some French psychologists have to say. big grin

http://screenrant.com/darth-vaders-professional-diagnosis-mikee-63555/

Sith Master X
lol I think they are over analyzing it a little too much.

queeq
I think so... didn't amnyone tell them it's only a movie?

Or maybe that says something about Lucas... wink

roughrider
Originally posted by queeq
I think so... didn't amnyone tell them it's only a movie?

Or maybe that says something about Lucas... wink

Or maybe it says something about the hypercritical people in here. wink
Try telling them it's only a movie. big grin

JediRobin23
yeah, why embarrass the psychology profession.......

As for the hypocritical people, no problem of them bit%hing

Sith Master X
I love the Prequels. I know they are just movies, and even when I pick on something, it's not because I hate it, I'm just pointing out things that I notice. I don't let any PT misdoings cause me to lose sleep at night. big grin

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I love the Prequels. I know they are just movies, and even when I pick on something, it's not because I hate it, I'm just pointing out things that I notice. I don't let any PT misdoings cause me to lose sleep at night. big grin

Ahh, Are you saying the OT didn't have any misdoings?

Sith Master X
No I'm not, cause I like the PT better than the OT. That's right. I am one of the strange 1 out of every 1000 people that likes the PT better.

Not to say I don't love the OT though, I do. I just grew up watching the PT and have become more attached to those movies.

The OT's biggest misdoing was pretty much almost everything that was ROTJ.

roughrider
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Ahh, Are you saying the OT didn't have any misdoings?

There are some. But I saw the OT as a kid, in the theatre when they first came out, so I'm hardwired to ignore the little flaws. big grin

queeq
I saw it too as a kid, but I don't think I will ever come to grips with the Ewoks.

ADarksideJedi
I think he did have some good in him.Everyone had said that about him.But it did not come out until the last star wars.

queeq
Yup, iy was there or he couldn't have turned. Too bad we never saw any of that goodness in the PT, but okay.

ADarksideJedi
You can't accept too much from those movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.