Transformers 2 reviews, what did everyone think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
I apologize i posted this elsewhere but figured it should be in it's own forum that is why i created it.

Just went to see and I was not impressed, it was very bad compared to the first one. if the first one was a 9 this would be a 3
The first hour or so was fine and felt like the first movie and was entertaining, and then it went down hill quickly.

Things wrong with it. warning spoilers!!
There were WAYYYYY too many robots.
Most of the decepticons you never saw them in their transport state!!
We weren't even given any of their names or introduced to any of them and if there was a little mention of their name I can't remember any of them with the exception of Soundwave (which could have had a way better part) and the Fallen.

Why would the sector 7 guy simmons be fired and now working at a meat market??? and what are the odds of Sam's roommate knowing him? just stupid they could of keeped him in the story without this whole thing. Simmons was just annoying and his lines were painful. and did we have to see his ass like the way we did? that was not even funny it was stupid.
Even though it was funny when the little decepticon was humping mekailas leg, i was thinking what the hell was that why does a robot need to do that?

The coolest part was the good decepticon that was the SR-71 Blackbird.
But they did not use him they way they should of.
But why was he just sitting in the simthonian? and why did he need the shard to wake up?
Then he magically transport everyone from america to egypt??? what the hell was that?? it would of been so much better had he transformed into the blackbird and flown all of them to egypt, he could of got them there in 3 hrs or less if going at mach 3 or more. And we know they can go faster than that if blackout in the first one can go from qatar to vegas in the span of an hour and also if Megatron and starscream can get to one of saturns moons and back in no time at all.
The Fallen character did they pull that out of their ass?
They should of never of brought him in and just gone with megatron onlybut unfortunatley his role was seriously diminished
I never liked constructacons and devastartor was just stupid, and why did he have balls???
The human female decepticon!!!!???? what is this species and the terminator in one?? that was dumb.
Them getting accross the border just like that without any problems...stupid.
Oh ya, there is a huge metal machine inside the great pyramid and no one knows this for 3000 - 4000 years???

There was plenty of action but for the most part it was just stupid and a bad follow up to the original which was great.

Let the hate responses begin

darthmaul1
here is Robert wilonsky's review
much like mine

http://www.villagevoice.com/2009-06-24/film/michael-bay-can-t-live-up-to-michael-bay-in-transformers-part-2/

Darth Martin
I am not a Transformers nut, just went as a hardcore movie fan.

-Optimus Prime; Although I must say the way they overpowered Megatron in the first film, They did that to Prime here.
-Bumblebee
-Megatron/Starscream scenes together.
-Scenes with Epps, Linnox were good.
-Sam's parents are cool; mother was funny as hell.
-Liked the action/CGI better here then in the first film.

Dislikes
-Runtime. The thing was waaayyy too long. The Dark Knight and Watchmen were longer but there wasn't a point in those films where my interest was lost. There was plenty of needless moments in ROTF. Alot of the college could have been cut out.
-Too much forced humour. Go see it with a big crowd and you'll laugh. Sitting at home watching on dvd by yourself you'll be vomiting. I'll have skipped it via remote. Things like the thong, excessive humpind, mudflap/skids was overdoing it.
-Starscream didn't fail at doing nothing for the SECOND time in a row. He's by far has the coolest cover(F-22 Raptor) want to see him with more action.
-Sam's roomate was making me consider suicide.
-Turturro was way over the top.
-Ending was rushed and wasn't great like Terminator: Salvation's. Didn't mind the beggining.
-Need more of Ratchet and Ironhide
-Inconsistancies: Where's Barricade?
-Sam going to Autobot heaven was lame.
-Didn't like Megatron taking the backseat to The Fallen. And then Fallen got pwned easily by Prime.
-Humans shouldn't be able to do much against Decepticons.

So as you can see I had plenty of gripes most notably the runtime. However I would have to recommend it. Was the biggest summer movie but not the best.

First was better than this but there close.

Sado22
it sucked.
anytme you see megatron getting dropped by three tanks and gunfre and retreating you know you're watching a shit movie.

~Sado

Darth Rex
Orci said Barricade's disappearance was a thread for the second movie?
We didn't see him at all!

Mr. Rhythmic
Already reviewed this. In short, I liked it.

Kazenji
Same here.

Sado22
shame on you, kazenji laughing out loud

darthmaul1
I didn't mind that the army could injure the decepticons, cause they new how to do that in the 1st movie. and the run time was only 7min longer than the first one, but thankfully it didn't fell long.

But, a few more dislikes,
Why couldn't simmons let the military know to drop prime off close to them?? instead of miles away and them have to run right through the whole battle.
And a battleship commander takes a call from simmons has no idea who he is and launches a shot off??? WTF!!!!!
Sam in autobot heaven just frigin stupid!!!!!!
And why couldn't bumblebee talk any more i don't know???

Darth Martin
Yeah that's another thing. I could've swore that Bumblebee regained his voice at the end of the first film. What happend to that?

K3VIL
Originally posted by Sado22
it sucked.
anytme you see megatron getting dropped by three tanks and gunfre and retreating you know you're watching a shit movie.

~Sado
Indeed my friend, Megatron could have owned those thanks like little toys.Not to mention he was supposed to gain his own Cybertronian Tank alternate mode.So much hype around this movie and so few consistence.
I forgot to say that Bumblebee being thread like a ****ing pet talking using songs was pathetic.He's a transformers, not a pokemon for god's sake.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by K3VIL
Indeed my friend, Megatron could have owned those thanks like little toys.Not to mention he was supposed to gain his own Cybertronian Tank alternate mode.So much hype around this movie and so few consistence.
I forgot to say that Bumblebee being thread like a ****ing pet talking using songs was pathetic.He's a transformers, not a pokemon for god's sake.

Yes it was OK in the first one, but he got his voice back at the end and now he lost it??
Bumblebee is in all intense purposes a sentient being, is he just going to sit in the garage for 4 years while Sam is at college???

dadudemon
You doodoo heads.

Sam didn't go to Autobot heaven.

It was a vision...a psionic projection from the Allspark. A collective memory of the Prime's.

And whoever said Optimus was overpowered is wrong.

Megatron was overpowered in the first film. It was closer to what it should be in the second. Prime is supposed to be a badass...there's no reason he should have gotten his ass handed to him in the first film, by Megatron alone. (Someone can now whine about Prime getting his ass handed to him because he was trying to avoid hurting humans and Sam. Blah. Not a good enough excuse.)

I thought the story was going to be shit. However, towards the end, it started to come together and the story was actually quite good once it did so. I was very pleased with how the story turned out. I didn't like how some things played out...but it was still good.

And the fact that Sam was "memorized" by some decepticon chick didn't bode well. He acted like some anime dude under a spell that couldn't stop his urges or something.

And, yes, his roommate looks like Mairuzu. lol

I didn't like most of the scenes with that guy.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

Not as good as the first, imo, but the story is better than the first.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by dadudemon
You doodoo heads.

Sam didn't go to Autobot heaven.

It was a vision...a psionic projection from the Allspark. A collective memory of the Prime's.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

Not as good as the first, imo, but the story is better than the first.

That was still crap, autobot heaven or projection from the allspark what ever you want to call it, it was just stupid, he's dead and now "OH it's the primes" he's alive.

It was complete crap. the first 30min excluding the beginning 3 min in 17000bc was good and reminded me of the first but after that it went down hill fast.

The first story was way better. even though it was simple. they needed the all spark to rejuvinate cybertron and conqure the world.
Basing this on the movie that all suckieness is based on star trek 5 which has a rating of 1 out of 10 i would give this a 3 out of 10,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQmfCOGmFU

i wasn't bored and the time went quickly thankfully but the stupid jokes and lack of good characters and missing some from the previous movie(there were way too many robots) made it a complete sh1t show.

Even if i found the acoustical sweet spot it still would of sucked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loARxdbitjA

Menetnashté
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I didn't mind that the army could injure the decepticons, cause they new how to do that in the 1st movie. and the run time was only 7min longer than the first one, but thankfully it didn't fell long.

But, a few more dislikes,
Why couldn't simmons let the military know to drop prime off close to them?? instead of miles away and them have to run right through the whole battle.
And a battleship commander takes a call from simmons has no idea who he is and launches a shot off??? WTF!!!!!
Sam in autobot heaven just frigin stupid!!!!!!
And why couldn't bumblebee talk any more i don't know???
He couldn't drop Prime off close to them because he had to be in that area, it was part of the message in Sam's head. The guy in charge of the aircraft carrier didn't blindly fire off a missile either, Simmon's knew classified information and said he was a former member of Sector Seven, so he sent his jet or whatever it was that way. I'm sure Bumblebee couldn't talk because of something in the comics, I didn't read them but apparently that's where Barricade died as well.

darthmaul1

Menetnashté
All of that is just bull crap!!!!
Why did prime have to be in that area????
Ummmm no one knew about sector 7 so how would a captain of the battle ship know???
bumblebee couldn't talk because of something in the comics? and barricade died as well???? what the hell is that? you don't make a movie assuming people have read a comic!!!
It is a complete crock, this movie sucked.
Prime just had to be there, it wouldn't have worked otherwise, part of the prophecy. You don't question prophecies. He didn't know about sector seven, he was unsure but he knew about a classified weapon so chances were he was a somewhat viable source, otherwise he risked the entire planet being destroyed, I think I'd have had it checked out as well. Yeah, I know the whole comic book thing is a bit weird but using too much punctuation isn't going to fix it.

Sadako of Girth

Even if i found the acoustical sweet spot it still would of sucked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loARxdbitjA

laughing out loud

dadudemon
That was still crap, autobot heaven or projection from the allspark what ever you want to call it, it was just stupid, he's dead and now "OH it's the primes" he's alive.

I guess you didn't realize that the concussion from the blast did not kill Sam, did you?

You'd think that there was something else going on, there...considering he was not blown to bits...and just got launched/knocked out.

Maybe...just maybe....the Matrix (not Allspark, I meant matrix...my bad.) contains the memories of all the previous primes? Oh, wait, it does. no expression

You're just like Ebert, criticizing something because your ignorant of. Sure, you can criticize the cheesy humor, excessive sound and fighting, etc. But you can't criticize something in the plot because you failed to understand it...unless your critcism was that it was complex or too confusing.

dadudemon
All of that is just bull crap!!!!
Why did prime have to be in that area????

DUDE! You didn't pay attention to the movie.

Only a Prime could kill The Fallen.

Ummmm no one knew about sector 7 so how would a captain of the battle ship know???

I have no idea what that guy is talking about. I don't remember sector 7 being used as leverage when talking to that captain.

bumblebee couldn't talk because of something in the comics? and barricade died as well???? what the hell is that? you don't make a movie assuming people have read a comic!!!
It is a complete crock, this movie sucked.

No assumption is necessary. If you really liked the first film, chances are you are going to read the comic, before or after watching the second.

It is secondary. And, it is well known among fans that Barricade seemed to disappear in the first.

Actually, what sucks is your ability to pay attention in a movie. smile

super pr*xy
liked it. especially the jungle fight scene. complete prime pwnage.. until he got stabbed anyway. and bumble bee kicked ass. dude can fight. liked the way they showed prime's bad assery the right way. he is optimus prime for f*ck's sake..

bad things.. too many robots. soundwave.. wtf. one of the coolest robots ever and he just floated around in spaces eaves dropping on calls? what happened to laser beak? megan fox's lips.. what the hell? botox is poison. when will hollywood stop..

anyways.. cool movie. i give it a 7.5, maybe an 8/10.

dadudemon
Originally posted by super pr*xy
liked it. especially the jungle fight scene. complete prime pwnage.. until he got stabbed anyway. and bumble bee kicked ass. dude can fight. liked the way they showed prime's bad assery the right way. he is optimus prime for f*ck's sake..

bad things.. too many robots. soundwave.. wtf. one of the coolest robots ever and he just floated around in spaces eaves dropping on calls? what happened to laser beak? megan fox's lips.. what the hell? botox is poison. when will hollywood stop..

anyways.. cool movie. i give it a 7.5, maybe an 8/10.

Indeed.

All good points...and we rated it the same.

Right I watched the movie, I rated it a 7...but then I got to thinking about how the story was much better than I realized, and bumped it up to 8.

BruceSkywalker
I so loved this movie, twice as much as I thought I would...

good story, good cgi, great location shoots..

as for the "racists" transformers, I found them to be NOT racists one bit , i found them to be very very funny,.. This ties IMO Star Trek for the best movie of the summer 10/10

Darth Martin
Star Trek IMO was the best of the summer. Watchmen the best of the 2009.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I so loved this movie, twice as much as I thought I would...

good story, good cgi, great location shoots..

as for the "racists" transformers, I found them to be NOT racists one bit , i found them to be very very funny,.. This ties IMO Star Trek for the best movie of the summer 10/10

people are so damn sensitive these days. the twins weren't racist at all. they were intended to be caricatures. they were not trying to represent any race, but rather connect to this generation. the twins talk exactly how high school kids talk these days. people need to take chill pills.. matter of fact, we as a society need an overdose of it. lol..

dadudemon
people are so damn sensitive these days. the twins weren't racist at all. they were intended to be caricatures. they were not trying to represent any race, but rather connect to this generation. the twins talk exactly how high school kids talk these days. people need to take chill pills.. matter of fact, we as a society need an overdose of it. lol..

QFMFT!

If more people thought like this, the world be less racist, as backwards as that sounds.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Better than the first movie.

Bloinky
Plus, the Transformers got the language from the internet. So pretty much that would be slang and all the shit as well.

Sadako of Girth
Then why dont they speak typo...?

Kazenji
I keep seeing all this shit about how the humor was forced from people

it did'nt feel forced to me.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Then why dont they speak typo...?

uhm.. because typos are typed? confused

darthmaul1
I guess you didn't realize that the concussion from the blast did not kill Sam, did you?

You'd think that there was something else going on, there...considering he was not blown to bits...and just got launched/knocked out.

Maybe...just maybe....the Matrix (not Allspark, I meant matrix...my bad.) contains the memories of all the previous primes? Oh, wait, it does. no expression

You're just like Ebert, criticizing something because your ignorant of. Sure, you can criticize the cheesy humor, excessive sound and fighting, etc. But you can't criticize something in the plot because you failed to understand it...unless your critcism was that it was complex or too confusing.

Iam NOT ignorant of what was going on!
Ok, Sam was in all intense purposes dead, they were trying to jump start his heart with the paddles for christ sake, and even if he wasn't dead as you say and just knocked out it was still lame that he see's the primes.

I understood most everything in the plot, and i can criticize it if they fail to get the point accross or just bury it and hope the fans don't notice. Ok fine only a prime can kill the fallen, but why couldn't the military just drop prime closer to sam and then he goes to kill the fallen??
And what the hell was with that portal that propelled them from america to egypt? I understand the concept behind it, but it was stupid that they even did it,they could of flown there instead of that crap.
Don't get me wrong, i was entertained to a certain extent, but it was just stupid story points, missing robots and too many other ones that you never knew who or what they were, that brought this movie down.

super pr*xy
one of the best scenes was when prime drove off the military plane, transformed in mid-air and just started pwning that wheel guy robot dude.

and seeing the audi getting split in half sucked. i want that audi.. and the corvette.. and the camaro.. and the peterbilt.

Darth Rex
In alliance Bumblebee gets hit by Starscream or Wreckage damaging his vocal thingies.
Barricade appears in alliance perfectly fine!

FistOfThe North
i just came from this move and as i expected it was a complete and utter bore. And it irked me too.

It was basically Transformers 1.2. The movie was very immature and offered nothing new.

Those two ghetto robots were soo corney with their 90's hood slang. "In Yo Face!" lol God..

I wasn't impressed by the film at all. I almost missed this on purpose but went ahead and gave it a chance. The last chance.

4/10

Not even the explosions fascinated me. It was a meaningless 2 1/2hr popcorn movie.

My take.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
I keep seeing all this shit about how the humor was forced from people

it did'nt feel forced to me.

agreed.. the humor was perfect and spot on..

next... transformers 3

C. C. Cowgirl!
GIEF Unicron!

Or has anything been revealed on 3rd?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
GIEF Unicron!

Or has anything been revealed on 3rd?

nothing yet, but 3 will be greenlighted sometime shortly

C. C. Cowgirl!
A foe so powerful that Decepticons and Autobots are forced into alliance would be awesome. Or at least fake alliance, one which ends up with delicious Megatron betrayal.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i just came from this move and as i expected it was a complete and utter bore. And it irked me too.

It was basically Transformers 1.2. The movie was very immature and offered nothing new.

Those two ghetto robots were soo corney with their 90's hood slang. "In Yo Face!" lol God..

I wasn't impressed by the film at all. I almost missed this on purpose but went ahead and gave it a chance. The last chance.

4/10

Not even the explosions fascinated me. It was a meaningless 2 1/2hr popcorn movie.

My take.
How was it Transformers 1.2? It definitely wasn't the same thing, completely different storyline, tons of new characters, and way better fights. Definitely not the same thing as the first one.
Ok, Sam was in all intense purposes dead, they were trying to jump start his heart with the paddles for christ sake, and even if he wasn't dead as you say and just knocked out it was still lame that he see's the primes.

I understood most everything in the plot, and i can criticize it if they fail to get the point accross or just bury it and hope the fans don't notice. Ok fine only a prime can kill the fallen, but why couldn't the military just drop prime closer to sam and then he goes to kill the fallen??
And what the hell was with that portal that propelled them from america to egypt? I understand the concept behind it, but it was stupid that they even did it,they could of flown there instead of that crap.
Don't get me wrong, i was entertained to a certain extent, but it was just stupid story points, missing robots and too many other ones that you never knew who or what they were, that brought this movie down.
From what I've seen so far you missed a bunch of stuff. I don't think you fully comprehended the plot.
A foe so powerful that Decepticons and Autobots are forced into alliance would be awesome. Or at least fake alliance, one which ends up with delicious Megatron betrayal.
Indeed I'd like to see that.

SnakeEyes
Movie sucked.

I'll post a longer review when I'm not at work (probably). I'm legitimately surprised that most people here loved it so much though, it was not a good movie.

dadudemon

You are.

You didn't correct me when I erroneously said "allspark", and on top of that, all the points I made.

That's "intents" not "intense". And he wasn't dead. Not even close.

For all we ACTUALLY know, his heart was specifically stopped by the Matrix so they could communicate with him better.

And it's not lame that he sees the Primes. Not even close. The primes memory is stored in the Matrix, ergo its namesake.

I understood most everything in the plot,

Maybe...but I'm betting that you don't.

and i can criticize it if they fail to get the point accross or just bury it and hope the fans don't notice.

You can certainly criticize it, even if the criticisms are ignorant or unfounded. That's your prerogative as a movie watcher. And then I can call you out when you say something ignorant.

I've seen the movie a massive 1 time...why is there such a large gap in what we know about the film?

Ok fine only a prime can kill the fallen, but why couldn't the military just drop prime closer to sam and then he goes to kill the fallen??

Yeah..those coordinates n'stuff. That's the best they could do. This was already explained to you.

I'm sure Sam would have loved to tell them EXACTLY where he was, but they didn't know where they would end up. In all actuality, Sam and his gang where the ones in the wrong location.

What do you think about that? no expression

And what the hell was with that portal that propelled them from america to egypt?

It wasn't a portal. Jetfire teleported them there with his own technology. no expression

I understand the concept behind it, but it was stupid that they even did it,they could of flown there instead of that crap.

Riiiight. And then fail to get there in time, ahead of the decepticons. Also, the movie would fail to pay "homage" to the fans by excluding that.

Make your list of missing robots.

And there were not very many robots. They were Transformers. smile

And there were not too many. There were a bunch of nameless ones, which, for all we know, were grown on The Fallen's ship.

And trying to figure out who the decepticon foot soldiers were, was the least of your "figuring" problems, I assure you.

darthmaul1
You are.

You didn't correct me when I erroneously said "allspark", and on top of that, all the points I made.

I new that you were talking about the matrix, but i didn't care.

That's "intents" not "intense". And he wasn't dead. Not even close.

For all we ACTUALLY know, his heart was specifically stopped by the Matrix so they could communicate with him better.

And it's not lame that he sees the Primes. Not even close. The primes memory is stored in the Matrix, ergo its namesake.

Sorry didn't know this was a grammar contest.
and you are grasping at straws with the rest of those comments.
Anyone can make those conclusions, but it doesn't make them good.
They are still stupid.

Maybe...but I'm betting that you don't.

Yeah i did understand the stuff, and because i understand i know that it is stupid.

You can certainly criticize it, even if the criticisms are ignorant or unfounded. That's your prerogative as a movie watcher. And then I can call you out when you say something ignorant.

I've seen the movie a massive 1 time...why is there such a large gap in what we know about the film?

I know everything that you do, just because someone says "what was with that?" doesn't mean they don't know, they just want to know why something so stupid was put into the movie.

Yeah..those coordinates n'stuff. That's the best they could do. This was already explained to you.

I'm sure Sam would have loved to tell them EXACTLY where he was, but they didn't know where they would end up. In all actuality, Sam and his gang where the ones in the wrong location.

What do you think about that? no expression

I'll have to watch it again to get that out of it, but that is fine

It wasn't a portal. Jetfire teleported them there with his own technology. no expression

Riiiight. And then fail to get there in time, ahead of the decepticons. Also, the movie would fail to pay "homage" to the fans by excluding that.

Portal, space bridge, his own technology, what ever you want to call it!!!
It was still dumb and he could of flown there very quickly anyway and it would of been way better to see the blackbird fly.

Make your list of missing robots.

And there were not very many robots. They were Transformers. smile

And there were not too many. There were a bunch of nameless ones, which, for all we know, were grown on The Fallen's ship.

And trying to figure out who the decepticon foot soldiers were, was the least of your "figuring" problems, I assure you.

Rachet was pretty much non existent, and you barely saw anything of ironhide.
There WERE too many because they couldn't even tell you who was who.
they should of actually introduced the audience to a few more decepticons and autobots by name and shown them in their transport mode, so you have an idea of who and what you were looking at. Especially during that last battle, there was so much crap blowing up and so many TRANSFORMERS smile around you didn't know what decepticon or autobot you were looking at. with the exception of bumblebee, ironhide, starscream and megatron.

I guess well have to agree to disagree, you obviously loved it and i thought it sucked, and the first one was way better.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

I'm legitimately surprised that most people here loved it so much though, it was not a good movie.

Hey each to their own opinion.

Scythe
I liked it, thought it was neat.

Bicnarok

freek

Sadako of Girth
uhm.. because typos are typed? confused

Sure.

And words is on the internets.

Sadako of Girth

Heres the problem I had with Jetfire's built in space bridge idea.

1. If we are to be denied the ability of changing size, on that grounds that its not very realistic in our universe, then Jetfire should have used a f***ing space bridge, rather than have that as a basic ability.

2. He lacks the power to fly, and walk unassisted, yet he has sufficent energy to open a rip in space time? wtf?

3. It renders his plane mode irrelevant.

4. I know Skywarp had a similar ability in G1, but going from the US to Africa is just taking the piss....and again they stretch it that thin, sci-fi wise there, but dont allow mass shifting...?

5. He could have spacebridged Devastor or the Fallen into deep space, presumably, but didnt. Oh yeah thats right....Scorponk materialised in a sudden burst of bad writing and killed him suddenly, before he could...? stick out tongue

Seriously? Hes powerful enough to do all that, and to comibine with Prime giving Prime more power than anything else there, yet gets taken out by Scorponok? Really...?

jcvaldez
The movie sucked! To tell the truth the first one sucked too, so I wasn't expecting to much from this one. Michael Bay is a terrible director!

dadudemon
I new that you were talking about the matrix, but i didn't care.

So why did you call it the Allspark?

Sorry didn't know this was a grammar contest.
and you are grasping at straws with the rest of those comments.
Anyone can make those conclusions, but it doesn't make them good.
They are still stupid.

It's not. You didn't get grammar wrong at all. no expression

You used the wrong word in a colloquial saying. no expression

And, it's not grasping at straws.

It's rather simple.

The Matrix contains the collective memories of the previous Primes. You know..."artificial intelligences". Here's a little insight for you that is REAL: humans believe that we will eventually be able to digitize our entire conscious and memories. We will then be able to transfer that into various machines, and never die. This is the same concept, except much more superior, of the The Matrix. The Matrix works synergistically as one collective mind with the Prime it is housed in, adding to the already awesome intelligence and wisdom of the Prime.

Capisce?

Yeah i did understand the stuff, and because i understand i know that it is stupid.

Yeah......NOT! laughing

I know everything that you do, just because someone says "what was with that?" doesn't mean they don't know, they just want to know why something so stupid was put into the movie.

This is factually incorrect. I've had to explain many things to you that you weren't aware of, didn't understand, or misinterpreted. That makes almost every last bit of your initial opinion void. Here's why: An ignorant opinion is irrelevant in a legitimate discussion or debate.

I'll have to watch it again to get that out of it, but that is fine

Were you on a date with a a hottie or something? That particular point in the movie was a rather simple concept. I can understand if bewbz had you distracted....but when I saw it, I was with my older brother...he doesn't have bewbz. laughing

Portal, space bridge, his own technology, what ever you want to call it!!!
It was still dumb and he could of flown there very quickly anyway and it would of been way better to see the blackbird fly.

Riiiiight...while carrying those heavy ass transformers, and the humans, at a speed that the humans were not equipped to tolerate, etc. Not to mention the weight would slow him down considerably.

Good call. Gooood call.

Rachet was pretty much non existent, and you barely saw anything of ironhide.
There WERE too many because they couldn't even tell you who was who.
they should of actually introduced the audience to a few more decepticons and autobots by name and shown them in their transport mode, so you have an idea of who and what you were looking at. Especially during that last battle, there was so much crap blowing up and so many TRANSFORMERS smile around you didn't know what decepticon or autobot you were looking at. with the exception of bumblebee, ironhide, starscream and megatron.

I guess well have to agree to disagree, you obviously loved it and i thought it sucked, and the first one was way better.

I understand this last point. That's fine. It didn't bother me. In fact, I preferred them to be unnamed while also having plenty to battle out the humans and autobots. But you wanted less transformers and more names...seems more confusing, imo, to do it that way, than to just throw in a bunch of nameless foot soldier decepticons to function as cannon fodder.

And the second one was better than the first if ONLY for one reason: Megan Fox's bewbz bounce around one more than one occasion, in.slow.mo!

dadudemon
Your points have partial merit...so I'll explain them to you.

Heres the problem I had with Jetfire's built in space bridge idea.

1. If we are to be denied the ability of changing size, on that grounds that its not very realistic in our universe, then Jetfire should have used a f***ing space bridge, rather than have that as a basic ability.

On what grounds? I think the missing logic on your part occurs in point #2 and 3.

Why would they have space bridges setup already? No where does it say that they setup space bridges. ALSO, Optimus was quite clear in telling the humans that we are too immature to have their technologies. Leaving space bridges scattered all over earth is not in keeping with that concept.

And, it would seem that in Wiki, they are calling what Jetfire did, space bridge travel.

2. He lacks the power to fly, and walk unassisted, yet he has sufficent energy to open a rip in space time? wtf?

I am unsure if he lacks the ability to fly. I don't remember him saying that.

However, the technology required to teleport obviously takes much less energy than it does to fly. Why did this thought not occur to you before concluding your point #2?

3. It renders his plane mode irrelevant.

Indeed. Teleporting to the general area you want to go while landing haphazardly, risking damage to yourself is obviously much better than just flying. But, hey, who am I to judge the merits of an obviously difficult to use technique...

And most Autobots don't use their untransformed mode while fighting, anyway.

And, no, if he used a space bridge to get to Egypt, it makes perfect sense why there are such things as flying transformers. Space Bridge portals don't cover every last square mile of earth...that would also explain why they landed a distance away from the tomb.

4. I know Skywarp had a similar ability in G1, but going from the US to Africa is just taking the piss....and again they stretch it that thin, sci-fi wise there, but dont allow mass shifting...?

Space Bridge travel was in just about every transformers iteration out there. Not having it would have been surprising, agreed?

And who are we to judge what technologies a artificial intelligent species is allowed to judge when they can hack our most highly encrypted computer system in mere seconds. You are aware that a a computer that can hack DES in 1 second would take 149 trillion years to hack the simplest form of AES, don't you? The encryption on the government computers would be far superior to the basic form of AES encryption...and they hacked and downloaded that shit in mere seconds.

They are far superior to us in their technologies. Teleporting is not far fetched by any stretch of the imagination, if we take into consideration all of the other shit that the transformers have done...such as HARVESTING ENTIRE MOTHER F***ING STARS! laughing laugh: laugh:

5. He could have spacebridged Devastor or the Fallen into deep space, presumably, but didnt. Oh yeah thats right....Scorponk materialised in a sudden burst of bad writing and killed him suddenly, before he could...? stick out tongue

No. Not unless there was a exit portal there...which there probably wasn't, considering that's not really how it was in any of the series. The portal locations are on the Earth (And other useful places throughout the universe), not in the middle of a useless location in space.

Seriously? Hes powerful enough to do all that, and to comibine with Prime giving Prime more power than anything else there, yet gets taken out by Scorponok? Really...?

Uh. That's the most illogical thing you've ever posted. Fer realz.

You incorrectly concluded that it takes an enormous amount of energy to teleport, like he did. He was relatively slow, got surprise attacked, and got damaged badly. Just as he indicated, he wasn't gonna be around much longer, so he gave up his energy, and parts, to soup up Optimus. And as soon as Jetfire's energy was used up by Optimus, all of the extra parts fell off Optimus. That seems much more logical than the conclusions you've come up with.

Just face it: Transformers 2 was better than the first and it had an M-er Effin' story similar to the one I wrote up in that other thread! I was, at first, disappointed with how the story was unfolding, but then it started to come together nicely towards the end.

=Tired Hiker=
Overall, I liked it. It was wall to wall action, great sound, great effects, hot women.... what more would you expect from a movie about some stupid robot toys that were popular in the 1980s???

Digi
"ONE MAN! ALONE! BETRAYED BY HIS COUNTRY....!"

I l'dmao at that one. The movie was entertaining, but not entirely good. First one was far more polished.

And I thought they were asexual. What was with all the penis/humping/etc. jokes?

darthmaul1
But you wanted less transformers and more names...seems more confusing, imo, to do it that way, than to just throw in a bunch of nameless foot soldier decepticons to function as cannon fodder.

dadudemon for the love of pete your are thick!!
There were too many transformers so i wanted less, and with the less number lets actually see and know their names and their transportation mode!

And the second one was better than the first if ONLY for one reason: Megan Fox's bewbz bounce around one more than one occasion, in.slow.mo!

If that is one of the reasons you thought it was better than the first, then it doesn't surprise me at all.

Can you answer this question? How in the hell did they walk through a wall at the air and space museum in Washington and end up at the bone yard in Arizona??

Sadako of Girth
QUOTE=12006104]Originally posted by dadudemon
Your points have partial merit...so I'll explain them to you.

On what grounds? I think the missing logic on your part occurs in point #2 and 3.

Why would they have space bridges setup already? No where does it say that they setup space bridges. ALSO, Optimus was quite clear in telling the humans that we are too immature to have their technologies. Leaving space bridges scattered all over earth is not in keeping with that concept.

And, it would seem that in Wiki, they are calling what Jetfire did, space bridge travel.

I am unsure if he lacks the ability to fly. I don't remember him saying that.

However, the technology required to teleport obviously takes much less energy than it does to fly. Why did this thought not occur to you before concluding your point #2?

Indeed. Teleporting to the general area you want to go while landing haphazardly, risking damage to yourself is obviously much better than just flying. But, hey, who am I to judge the merits of an obviously difficult to use technique...

And most Autobots don't use their untransformed mode while fighting, anyway.

And, no, if he used a space bridge to get to Egypt, it makes perfect sense why there are such things as flying transformers. Space Bridge portals don't cover every last square mile of earth...that would also explain why they landed a distance away from the tomb.

Space Bridge travel was in just about every transformers iteration out there. Not having it would have been surprising, agreed?

And who are we to judge what technologies a artificial intelligent species is allowed to judge when they can hack our most highly encrypted computer system in mere seconds. You are aware that a a computer that can hack DES in 1 second would take 149 trillion years to hack the simplest form of AES, don't you? The encryption on the government computers would be far superior to the basic form of AES encryption...and they hacked and downloaded that shit in mere seconds.

They are far superior to us in their technologies. Teleporting is not far fetched by any stretch of the imagination, if we take into consideration all of the other shit that the transformers have done...such as HARVESTING ENTIRE MOTHER F***ING STARS! laughing laugh: laugh:

No. Not unless there was a exit portal there...which there probably wasn't, considering that's not really how it was in any of the series. The portal locations are on the Earth (And other useful places throughout the universe), not in the middle of a useless location in space.

Uh. That's the most illogical thing you've ever posted. Fer realz.

You incorrectly concluded that it takes an enormous amount of energy to teleport, like he did. He was relatively slow, got surprise attacked, and got damaged badly. Just as he indicated, he wasn't gonna be around much longer, so he gave up his energy, and parts, to soup up Optimus. And as soon as Jetfire's energy was used up by Optimus, all of the extra parts fell off Optimus. That seems much more logical than the conclusions you've come up with.

Just face it: Transformers 2 was better than the first and it had an M-er Effin' story similar to the one I wrote up in that other thread! I was, at first, disappointed with how the story was unfolding, but then it started to come together nicely towards the end.

You'll explaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain them to me....? Well its nice to see that you got your merit badge for condescension.

Heres why that tone was horrifically undue:

1) You dont need loads. Just one.
Jetfire could have flown them.
And thats why they coulda hid it in the pyramid like the sun weapon, duuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....! wink

Heheheheeee

2) They'd use it if it was blackbird.

3) True, but you just explained why Soundwave neednt be in orbit, is all.

4) Who am to judge them..? An audience member? Long time fan of TFS? Take your pick.

5) well there was no physical portal there.
The spacebridge was a totally different thing in the comics dude. There was a bridge that opened its own portal. smile

6) Again you make a compelling argument for mass shifting, then, if you embrace the we cant judge their tech angle by our own science knowledge..

7) If its so easy and takes so little energy, then you do it..
If you're half as smart as you seem to think you are sometimes, you should be able to build the tech to do it too, since you so arrogantly go at it over the abilities of their shit....... I'll expect it your work handed in on Monday morning. wink

Now I wasn't gonna say this, but that condesceding opening demanded it:

As Soundwave would say...
"Sadakoooooooooo Superiorrrrrrrrrrr, Dudedamon Infeerrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" stick out tongue

Now answer me this: Why If they are so evolved, and they are robotic, do they now have testicles, and like pissing on and shagging humans...?

darthmaul1
They also can't find new actors? The actor who played SOCCENT Colonel Sharp in the first movie is now the head of the nest program.
But he is playing a different character i think?

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Sado22
it sucked.

~Sado

Yeah, whenever the army was punking the Decepticons, I was extremely irritated. Ok, Long Haul maybe. Scorpinok, sure. But MEGATRON? Devastator? What the hell?

Mr. Rhythmic
They also can't find new actors? The actor who played SOCCENT Colonel Sharp in the first movie is now the head of the nest program.
But he is playing a different character i think?

Same character.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Same character.

How is that possible? didn't everyone at the base die? besides the team that fought scorponok?
and in the credits his name is different so leads me to believe he is playing different character.

dadudemon
dadudemon for the love of pete your are thick!!

1. I'm not gay. I don't love Pete.

2. I am thick. I work out quite a bit. naughty

There were too many transformers so i wanted less, and with the less number lets actually see and know their names and their transportation mode!

You're forgetting about the little transformer at the beginning of the movie that had a penis that did pelvic thrusts to shoot it's thingie. That alone makes it an awesome movie. no expression

If that is one of the reasons you thought it was better than the first, then it doesn't surprise me at all.

No. I liked it more because it had better effects, more explosions, better story, more Transformer conflict, and it had Megan Fox running in slow mo. DUH!

Can you answer this question? How in the hell did they walk through a wall at the air and space museum in Washington and end up at the bone yard in Arizona??

WTF are you talking about? lol

darthmaul1
When they got Jetfire at the air and space museum in washington close to dulles airport, he walks through the wall and all of a sudden he is among a bunch of planes in rows, that is the bone yard which is in arizona. how did that work?

dadudemon
You'll explaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain them to me....? Well its nice to see that you got your merit badge for condescension.

You woman.

You misinterpreted what I posted and assumed it meant something negative.

Don't you think there was another way to interpret that a little more positive? I told you your points had partial merit, because they really did make good points...but some points were flawed. Explaining my reasons behind some of your points is hardly new to the internet...you just misinterpreted what I meant.

To be cool/nice, I apologize for how that came out. In my insults to you, I try to keep it direct. Calling you poopy head, stupid, etc.

Heres why that tone was horrifically undue:

Dude, try a tad harder to look for a more positive interpretation of a post instead of assuming the worst.

1) You dont need loads. Just one.
Jetfire could have flown them.
And thats why they coulda hid it in the pyramid like the sun weapon, duuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....! wink

Heheheheeee

But didn't you just say he didn't have the ability to fly.

At the least, he was low on energy. Using a space bridge would certainly save him energy, right?

And, no, he couldn't have flown them. There was Bumblebee, the twins, Sam, and Micaela. Quite a load to go at super sonic speeds, don't you think?

You have no logical ground to assume that it requires more energy to teleport than it does to fly. In fact, it can only be assumed that it cost much less energy to teleport..whether it was a space bridge or his own technology, we can ONLY conclude that it required less energy.

2) They'd use it if it was blackbird.

See my above point.

Also, they were low on time. They had to get there first.

Furthermore, even if it DID require more energy, it was a risk he would have rather taken...trying to get them there faster.

3) True, but you just explained why Soundwave neednt be in orbit, is all.

I'm confused. Why does he not need to be in orbit again? I thought he was there to avoid a conflict with the Autobots...right?

What does you point have to do with mine? And before you misinterpret that question as condescension, I am being serious and I am asking because your point is going over my head.

4) Who am to judge them..? An audience member? Long time fan of TFS? Take your pick.

How does that contradict my point?

Additionally, are you assuming their technologies were developed in the same way ours are? There is probably some alien species out there who would deem us immature because we are still using fossil fuels after hundreds of years...when there is a perfectly good star available for energy. They may have developed solar technology, first, or something, and be thoroughly confused as to why we use fossil fuels, still.

5) well there was no physical portal there.
The spacebridge was a totally different thing in the comics dude. There was a bridge that opened its own portal. smile

This movie isn't based on just the comics, though.

And if some fans are calling it a space bridge...then the only thing left to do is get clarification from one of the writers on their intentions with that.

6) Again you make a compelling argument for mass shifting, then, if you embrace the we cant judge their tech angle by our own science knowledge..

Maybe. But the cube, AKA Allspark, did mass shift....or did it? It could have been REALLY light?smile No one said it weight a lot. No one said it weight a little. It didn't need massive supports, did it?

And, no, I don't see any mass shifting in the transformers, at all. I see more spaces and gaps when they go into their base forms And their transformed form is quite heavy.

We can go into a mass discussion if you'd like.

What you talking about in "mass shifting". Tell me what, specifically, you are referring to.

7) If its so easy and takes so little energy, then you do it..
If you're half as smart as you seem to think you are sometimes, you should be able to build the tech to do it too, since you so arrogantly go at it over the abilities of their shit....... I'll expect it your work handed in on Monday morning.

So, you've failed to contradict my point. I'm fine with personal attacks, but actually contradict the point in order to have a discussion. smile

You poopy pants., you! mad

Now I wasn't gonna say this, but that condesceding opening demanded it:

As Soundwave would say...
"Sadakoooooooooo Superiorrrrrrrrrrr, Dudedamon Infeerrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" stick out tongue

I don't care if you make fun of me. I find the above insult humorous in a nerdy kind of way...because we both like Transformers. big grin

Now answer me this: Why If they are so evolved, and they are robotic, do they now have testicles, and like pissing on and shagging humans...?

1. That wasn't testicles. It was wrecking balls..residule left overs from the transformed form. smile

2. It wasn't pissing. It was Bumblebee's attempt at insulting a human based on his interpretation of what a major insult against humas would be, while not being able to speak. It was also a mixture of Bumblebee's own personality into that "human insult". big grin

3. The little transformer was humping Micaela for to reasons:
a. It was also his interpretation of what "showing your like" for a human is.
b. IT'S MEGAN EFFIN' FOX, DUDE!!!1!!1! laughing

dadudemon
When they got Jetfire at the air and space museum in washington close to dulles airport, he walks through the wall and all of a sudden he is among a bunch of planes in rows, that is the bone yard which is in arizona. how did that work?

OH!

LOL.

It's called.....the director or someone wanted those planes in the next scene and hoped that most people didn't know that it was in an entirely different state...and that's true. Most people won't notice that as they have no idea. Also, how do you know that in that world, the boneyard isn't there at the museum? smile

darthmaul1
OH!

LOL.

It's called.....the director or someone wanted those planes in the next scene and hoped that most people didn't know that it was in an entirely different state...and that's true. Most people won't notice that as they have no idea. Also, how do you know that in that world, the boneyard isn't there at the museum? smile

In what world?? it takes place on EARTH! Google map it and take a look
there is no grave yard there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en& amp;q=14390+Air+and+Space+Museum+Parkway,+Chantill
y,+VA+22556&ie=UTF8&ll=38.912541,-77.443163&spn=0.008098,0.014913&z=16&iwloc=addr&iwstate1=dir

this is the grave yard in arizona.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.151264,-110.825057&spn=0,0&t=k

If they had said some fictional museum somewhere then it would of been ok but as soon as you say smithonian air and space museum in washington, then you are bound to that. therefore it is a stupid move on the directors, and writers.
Guaranteed the majority of the viewers from washington will know this.

The Nuul
I liked it.

dadudemon
In what world?? it takes place on EARTH! Google map it and take a look
there is no grave yard there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en& amp;q=14390+Air+and+Space+Museum+Parkway,+Chantill
y,+VA+22556&ie=UTF8&ll=38.912541,-77.443163&spn=0.008098,0.014913&z=16&iwloc=addr&iwstate1=dir

this is the grave yard in arizona.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.151264,-110.825057&spn=0,0&t=k

If they had said some fictional museum somewhere then it would of been ok but as soon as you say smithonian air and space museum in washington, then you are bound to that. therefore it is a stupid move on the directors, and writers.
Guaranteed the majority of the viewers from washington will know this.

I guess you're not familiar with the concept that some movies take place in alternate realites with similar Earths that have a few dfiferences.

Look up "Earth 616" and see what you get. smile

Doctor-Alvis
What's all this bitching about the space bridge? I thought it was made incredibly clear that Jetfire was worn down physically due to the length of time he went without maintenance. How long was he there? Like 67,000 years? Moving parts always wear out faster than non-moving parts and if he still had that level of movement after that long I can only imagine how long his non-moving components, like the parts that let you teleport, would last.

darthmaul1
I guess you're not familiar with the concept that some movies take place in alternate realites with similar Earths that have a few dfiferences.

Look up "Earth 616" and see what you get. smile

Are you frigin serious??? That is a crock. It takes place on OUR EARTH no alternate realities or universes. If that is what you need to do to make this piece of crap movie work then go for it.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
What's all this bitching about the space bridge? I thought it was made incredibly clear that Jetfire was worn down physically due to the length of time he went without maintenance. How long was he there? Like 67,000 years? Moving parts always wear out faster than non-moving parts and if he still had that level of movement after that long I can only imagine how long his non-moving components, like the parts that let you teleport, would last.

We did see him fly for 3 seconds at the end, but they should of done it so he didn't have to use the dumb ass portal and just fly. it was a waste of vehicle.

dadudemon
Are you frigin serious??? That is a crock. It takes place on OUR EARTH no alternate realities or universes. If that is what you need to do to make this piece of crap movie work then go for it.

No it most certainly does NOT take place on our Earth. smile

It's obviously a different Earth with a few minor differences...such as the bone yard's location, a 9000 fathom deep trench (when it is close to 6000), etc.

smile

darthmaul1
Give me some of that crack that you are smoking!!!
What ever makes u sleep at night

dadudemon
Give me some of that crack that you are smoking!!!
What ever makes u sleep at night

Do you read comics or watch Star Trek?

Because that's the crack I'm smokin'. no expression

darthmaul1
Of course i watch Star Trek, why what does that have to do with it?

dadudemon
Of course i watch Star Trek, why what does that have to do with it?

It speaks for itself, for all "intense" and purposes.

Sadako of Girth

You assume they arent moving parts.

And growing metal beards are dumb.

Sadako of Girth
No it most certainly does NOT take place on our Earth. smile

It's obviously a different Earth with a few minor differences...such as the bone yard's location, a 9000 fathom deep trench (when it is close to 6000), etc.

smile

laughing out loud

That WAS funny, and wolud be a way to reconcileall of Bay's failings to pay attention to what he is doing, but admit it, hes got you there.

9/11? The strokes T-shirt? The models of cars etc The comments on the economy that Sam made....President Obama....The numerous other pop culture references throughout...? Its blatantly meant to be our universe.

Doctor-Alvis
You could really go either way with that. The Transformers also never existed as a toy series in the movie. Also, many of the discrepancies can be solved if you take into consideration it's a movie and not the Bible.
We did see him fly for 3 seconds at the end, but they should of done it so he didn't have to use the dumb ass portal and just fly. it was a waste of vehicle.
That would have taken forever.

You assume they arent moving parts.

And growing metal beards are dumb.
Outside of Stargate I've never seen a teleportation device involve moving parts. And I've never seen a character with the ability to teleport that required movement. Also, it looked pretty energy based judging from how much energy came off him while he was doing it, and the sound of stuff charging up.

And you assume he grew a beard instead of just having that stupid stuff hanging off his face to begin with. The fallen had it too, from the beginning, except he didn't have any vertical ones. I thought the face spikes were dumb on both of them but I guess on the fallen it resembled the headdresses Egyptian kings used to wear.

dadudemon
laughing out loud

That WAS funny, and wolud be a way to reconcileall of Bay's failings to pay attention to what he is doing, but admit it, hes got you there.

It's more jest than seriouness because there's no way in the world to explain Bay's huge **** ups like knowingly putting the boneyard outside of the DC Museum, or mistating the trench as 9000 fathoms when a google search would have netted him or others 5 seconds total of research. no expression

9/11? The strokes T-shirt? The models of cars etc The comments on the economy that Sam made....President Obama....The numerous other pop culture references throughout...? Its blatantly meant to be our universe.

NOPE! There's obviously another Earth out there in the multiverse that has several things in common with our own.

Mairuzu
Well here is my opinion if anyone cares...

I thought this was a pretty good movie. Some boring scenes were stretched out a little too long which ended up making the movie seem really long and boring.

Prime was dead too long but that fight scene was badass.

Starscream was back to being starscream smile ( A ***** ) hahaha. Loved it. He's still a badass

i think they overdid it with the jokes... when i saw the first transformers the first time it was way better than seeing this second one the first time.

Although I'd rather watch the second one again.

darthmaul1
I'm going to put an end to this once and for all
Transformers like Star Trek takes place in our world not some alternate reality, unless Star Trek is dealing with the mirror universe(alternate universe)
And it wouldn't of taken Jetfire forever to get accross the globe, he is the fastest plane ever built and could do atleast mach 3, and if megatron and starscream can get from Earth to Satrun and back again in no time at all then it is definatly possible. FYI it takes us 9 months to get to Mars so do the math

Sadako of Girth
It's more jest than seriouness because there's no way in the world to explain Bay's huge **** ups like knowingly putting the boneyard outside of the DC Museum, or mistating the trench as 9000 fathoms when a google search would have netted him or others 5 seconds total of research. no expression

NOPE! There's obviously another Earth out there in the multiverse that has several things in common with our own.

Indeed.

NOPE! There was no mutliverse in the plot. So nyahhhhh. stick out tongue

wink

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Well here is my opinion if anyone cares...

I thought this was a pretty good movie. Some boring scenes were stretched out a little too long which ended up making the movie seem really long and boring.

Prime was dead too long but that fight scene was badass.

Starscream was back to being starscream smile ( A ***** ) hahaha. Loved it. He's still a badass

i think they overdid it with the jokes... when i saw the first transformers the first time it was way better than seeing this second one the first time.

Although I'd rather watch the second one again.

A good appraisal.

Worth the seeing... yes

I did like the Starsceam character portrayal.

nimbus006
Transformers like Star Trek takes place in our world not some alternate reality, unless Star Trek is dealing with the mirror universe(alternate universe)
And it wouldn't of taken Jetfire forever to get accross the globe, he is the fastest plane ever built and could do atleast mach 3, and if megatron and starscream can get from Earth to Satrun and back again in no time at all then it is definatly possible. FYI it takes us 9 months to get to Mars so do the math

Not necessarily.

There are theories in physics (M Theory and String Theory) which state alternate/parallel universes might exist outside of our own. One theory even suggests there are an infinite number of universes with every possible outcome imaginable.

So, if we let our minds go a little bit, this Transformers movie universe could poosibly exist outside our universe.

Doctor-Alvis
I didn't look up the g-forces, but getting from the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center to Cairo, Egypt would take almost 10 hours going at mach 4. It may be safe for a robot to travel at higher speeds but I'm pretty sure a human shouldn't be going so fast for so long. This is assuming his engines were in a condition to fly more than a few miles.

nimbus006

You have no logical ground to assume that it requires more energy to teleport than it does to fly. In fact, it can only be assumed that it cost much less energy to teleport..whether it was a space bridge or his own technology, we can ONLY conclude that it required less energy.

Furthermore, even if it DID require more energy, it was a risk he would have rather taken...trying to get them there faster.

I agree with almost everything you've been saying on this thread...except for you comments above.

Why, in your opinion, would it cost more energy to fly, when we don't even know which scientific method is best suited for teleporting actual atoms?

nimbus006
I didn't look up the g-forces, but getting from the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center to Cairo, Egypt would take almost 10 hours going at mach 4. It may be safe for a robot to travel at higher speeds but I'm pretty sure a human shouldn't be going so fast for so long. This is assuming his engines were in a condition to fly more than a few miles.

I don't know how accurate that is.

Egypt is roughly 6,000 miles away from the eastern coast of the U.S

Mach 4 is rougly 3,040 miles per hour.

That's a little under two hours.

The Nuul
Cant people just watch movie as is and stop picking out flaw every freaking time. Its a damn popcorn flick, its not supposed to have some great plot or accurate places.

Just stfu and enjoy the movie as is.

Menetnashté
A good appraisal.

Worth the seeing... yes

I did like the Starsceam character portrayal.
Yeah loved his end line as well, pure starscream.

Sadako of Girth
Oh about the "Not that it would be cowardice..." (Backhandedly calling Megatron a coward.) etc

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by nimbus006
I don't know how accurate that is.

Egypt is roughly 6,000 miles away from the eastern coast of the U.S

Mach 4 is rougly 3,040 miles per hour.

That's a little under two hours.
My bad, it was a "s" and not a "h"

darthmaul1
Not necessarily.

There are theories in physics (M Theory and String Theory) which state alternate/parallel universes might exist outside of our own. One theory even suggests there are an infinite number of universes with every possible outcome imaginable.

So, if we let our minds go a little bit, this Transformers movie universe could poosibly exist outside our universe.

In this movie there is no alternate universe or timeline!!!! Granted they can exist but in this movie no frigin way, there isn't even any reference to it. and if that is what people need to do to make this crappy movie work then go for it.
Granted a lot of movies out there you need to let your mind go when you see them which is fine, (example shoot em'up) but the mistakes and errors and the way this movie was put together with the mind numbing explosions after explosion made it bad.
Believe me my mind was let go when i went in and it still sucked.

darthmaul1
My bad, it was a "s" and not a "h"

I'm sorry but what did you mess up on?
Thanks for the laugh though when i read your post stating it would take 10hours to get there, i nearly fell out of my chair. Maybe in a hot air balloon smile
Even when the concord was flying it could leave at the same time from paris to boston and a 747 in boston going to paris the concord arrived in boston, fuled and took on passangers and flew back to paris and arrived 30min before the 747. so your 10 hours at mach 4 made me laugh

Doctor-Alvis
I'm sorry but what did you mess up on?
Thanks for the laugh though when i read your post stating it would take 10hours to get there, i nearly fell out of my chair. Maybe in a hot air balloon smile
Even when the concord was flying it could leave at the same time from paris to boston and a 747 in boston going to paris the concord arrived in boston, fuled and took on passangers and flew back to paris and arrived 30min before the 747. so your 10 hours at mach 4 made me laugh
I read the mp/s as mp/h. Because I was being lazy and using google and it says in big letters "(mach 4) mph =" so I just looked at the number.

As a person who posts often at the comic book forum versus forum, I probably should have noticed it was off. Still, 2 hours is a lot of time and teleporting is way cooler than everyone flying everywhere. When both the Fallen and Jetfire did it to appear into battle both times I was like "OH ****, I FORGOT THEY COULD DO THAT! AWESOME"

Also, if that was "nearly fell out of my chair" funny I have this book of knock knock jokes you should read.

jinXed by JaNx
I just finished watching this movie. After hearing all of the negative reviews on the movie i have to say that i was quite impressed with the film. I really don't know why people are so hard on this flick. If you are or ever have been a fan of Transformers you should like, Revenge of the Fallen. It is essentially a live action cartoon. The story, spirit and characters were handled with more care in the sequel. Everything about the movie felt very close to it's source material.

All of the problems that i had with the first movie were addressed and changed for the sequel. I NEVER had a problem distinguishing which Autobot was on screen. All of the action sequences involving the Autobots were filmed on a much wider and clear scale. I did mix up the decepticons a few times because some of them were still very similar in color but that didnt matter at all because their the bad guys. You only need to be able to recognize the Autobots and Megatron.

I've heard people complaining that the movie is to long and that there are very little transformers in the movie. Whom ever says this was not watching the same movie i was. There are ALWAYS Transformers on screen. I think for the most part, this was a perfect sequel. I'm not saying it's a perfect movie, not by any means, but as far as sequels go it did everything right. The only real problem i had with the movie was the ending. I felt as though a few aspects of the story near the end of the movie were VERY VERY contrived, even for a summer blockbuster. The crap with Optimus and Sam was just goofy and cheap but hey, it's a transformers movie and i had great fun with the rest of the film, so i can look past that.

Do not go see this movie if you're expecting anything other than giant robots mashing the shit out of each other. Also, if you did go see this movie while hoping to see giant robots mashing the shit out of each other and was unsatisfied, tell me...,why, what more were you hoping for?

darthmaul1
Read the rest of the comments from the beginning and you'll know why more people hated it.

dadudemon
I agree with almost everything you've been saying on this thread...except for you comments above.

Why, in your opinion, would it cost more energy to fly, when we don't even know which scientific method is best suited for teleporting actual atoms?

Simple.

He was low on energy.

Flying through physical space costs a lot less energy than going through a portal that bends space and time. It's like walking instead of running as fast as you can...that's the whole point of using wormholes for FTL travel. In "linear" space, it would take more than an infinite amount of energy to travel faster than the speed of light.

Use up a shitload of energy to fly a long distance, or use a teleportation that obviously used less energy.

If it wasn't the lesser energy choice, why did he do it? And if he didn't care, as I pointed out before, that it used up more energy, then that is obviously to save as much time as possible because saving an entire planet with billions of organisms is better than a Transformer that will go back into shutdown mode because he ran out of energy again.

dadudemon

There are many alternate universes in Star Trek. In one episode of Voyager, they went through like, 7. no expression

It only makes sense that it is not our universe. Here's why: none of those markings exist, Transformers didn't happen, etc.

smile

You have to pretend. smile

And it wouldn't of taken Jetfire forever to get accross the globe, he is the fastest plane ever built

No.

There are many others that were faster. smile

and could do atleast mach 3, and if megatron and starscream can get from Earth to Satrun and back again in no time at all then it is definatly possible. FYI it takes us 9 months to get to Mars so do the math

Indeed. They were full of energy...not about to keel over. smile

And.... smile

SuperkatmanX
im with saddo all the way,, this movie was a piece of shitt!! bullet fire knocking around deceptacons. One blast from megatrons cannon should of been able to destroy that whole camp. what was with that mega mega transformer he had no purpose the testical joke was just lame. it had its perks i must admit but over all the movie was jackshitt! The idea of the Motor bike transformers was really ****ing awesome, didnt get the screen time they deserve. instead they gave it to 2 thug life wanna be autobots that were just idiots. The deceptacon that changes its mind and chooses to be an autobot (freakin crap attack). Should of just made Megatron as a school kid girl, No way near as powerful as he was in the first one, they changed him from evil to dikhead. The Fights were friggen shocking!! The very first fight were he splits the car in 2 was Awesome! but than somehow it all dissapeared. load of shhttt

darthmaul1
Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
im with saddo all the way,, this movie was a piece of shitt!! bullet fire knocking around deceptacons. One blast from megatrons cannon should of been able to destroy that whole camp. what was with that mega mega transformer he had no purpose the testical joke was just lame. it had its perks i must admit but over all the movie was jackshitt! The idea of the Motor bike transformers was really ****ing awesome, didnt get the screen time they deserve. instead they gave it to 2 thug life wanna be autobots that were just idiots. The deceptacon that changes its mind and chooses to be an autobot (freakin crap attack). Should of just made Megatron as a school kid girl, No way near as powerful as he was in the first one, they changed him from evil to dikhead. The Fights were friggen shocking!! The very first fight were he splits the car in 2 was Awesome! but than somehow it all dissapeared. load of shhttt

Ditto, the first 10min, minus the fallen crap at the beginning were great and reminded me of the first film. After that it sucked.

nimbus006
Simple.

He was low on energy.

Flying through physical space costs a lot less energy than going through a portal that bends space and time. It's like walking instead of running as fast as you can...that's the whole point of using wormholes for FTL travel. In "linear" space, it would take more than an infinite amount of energy to travel faster than the speed of light.]

Yes, that's all good in theory, but the process of doing so hasn't been fully understood yet. In order to create a "worm hole" we would have to fire a beam of energy at a single point in space to tear said hole in it's fabric. However, the amount of energy is thought to be enourmous, and we still don't know how much is actually required.

Besides, who said anything about traveling faster than light speed? The only thing he mentioned was flying at, or above mach 3.

Simple.
If it wasn't the lesser energy choice, why did he do it? And if he didn't care, as I pointed out before, that it used up more energy, then that is obviously to save as much time as possible because saving an entire planet with billions of organisms is better than a Transformer that will go back into shutdown mode because he ran out of energy again.

I'm not arguing that it was stupid or illogical to use teleporation. I had no issue with it. All I'm saying is that I don't believe flying at mach speeds to Egypt requires more energy than ripping a hole in space/time and teleporting.

Doctor-Alvis
In this movie there is no alternate universe or timeline!!!! Granted they can exist but in this movie no frigin way, there isn't even any reference to it. and if that is what people need to do to make this crappy movie work then go for it.
Granted a lot of movies out there you need to let your mind go when you see them which is fine, (example shoot em'up) but the mistakes and errors and the way this movie was put together with the mind numbing explosions after explosion made it bad.
Believe me my mind was let go when i went in and it still sucked.
There doesn't need to be references to it. I'm not saying alternate reality resolves all of the movie's problems, but that's essentially what it is. An alternate, fictional, reality.

Mr. Rhythmic
Did you guys read the article about 10 plot holes in ROTF? The guy who wrote that's an idiot. Ever single one of those were either explained in the movie, or could be solved by common sense.

Doctor-Alvis
Link?

It sounds as bad as the one for Terminator: Salvation.

darthmaul1
There doesn't need to be references to it. I'm not saying alternate reality resolves all of the movie's problems, but that's essentially what it is. An alternate, fictional, reality.

As i said before if you have to make up and alternate reality to make this peice of sh1t work then go for it, but it is most definatly NOT an alternate reality.

darthmaul1
here is the link
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/smg-transformers-10-questions.html
a lot of them are good questions
ones i agree with
3 not at all, but i was asking myself how come the pressure is not crushing them
6 besides the transformers having kids comment.
10 besides sams hand being bandaged, he injured it in a car accident i think so they wrote it in and Megan fox applied it after the stupid space bridge portal jump to egypt cause he injured it in the jump.

darthmaul1
The Laurentian Abyss

In the 2007 film Transformers, the remains of Megatron and the other defeated Decepticons are dropped into the abyss. It is theorized that the pressure and extremely low temperatures at this depth would crush and bury the evil alien robots. However, the film erroneously states that the abyss is the deepest point on Earth; the actual deepest point is the Challenger Deep, a section of the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean.

I don't know how the movie companies can mess up this bad all it takes is 10 seconds to look online to find info like this out. or just one sentence to fix the problem

Doctor-Alvis
I thought the prime thing meant like a "leader class". It wasn't as apparent in the first movie but Optimus was a flying badass in this one, literally in the end, so it made sense. But the Fallen's implications made it seem like there was something special about Optimus himself, which knocked my theories off track. Transformer culture is weird in the movie though, and in most mediums, with a lot of robot spirituality and stuff.
As i said before if you have to make up and alternate reality to make this peice of sh1t work then go for it, but it is most definatly NOT an alternate reality.
Then... Why didn't Transformers exist in the movie? The show/comic/toyline. Who's President Keller?

Like I said in the post you replied to saying an alternate reality doesn't resolve the problems, I'm not saying an alternate reality resolves all the problems. I'm just saying the more it's mentioned the more it seems like this, and almost all movies, could pretty much be placed in alternate realities, most of which would be based on our own.

dadudemon
Yes, that's all good in theory, but the process of doing so hasn't been fully understood yet. In order to create a "worm hole" we would have to fire a beam of energy at a single point in space to tear said hole in it's fabric. However, the amount of energy is thought to be enourmous, and we still don't know how much is actually required.

Besides, who said anything about traveling faster than light speed? The only thing he mentioned was flying at, or above mach 3.

Could easily be done with the manipulation of exotic matter or some unknown multidimensional resonance technique. Fact is, their technology is vastly superior to ours.

I posted this in another thread, but a "Robot" with strong enough processing power to hack the entirety of the Pentagon's database in mere seconds would also have the processing power to "fight" at such an alarming and efficient pace that even in extreme slow mo, we would have a hard time analyzing what was going on. The world would barely move, in perception to this Robot. But, it's a movie, and you just have to take the bad with the good.

They can teleport and their processors are trillions of times faster than ours, but their fighting ability is limited to "human" standards. Go figure. erm

I'm not arguing that it was stupid or illogical to use teleporation. I had no issue with it. All I'm saying is that I don't believe flying at mach speeds to Egypt requires more energy than ripping a hole in space/time and teleporting.

But it obviously doesn't, or else he would have done it, right? wink

In this particular case, it doesn't seem like PIS at all. It seems like it was paying homage to space bridge technology found in multiple transformer series...it was for the fans and also a plot device...it's more believable to a layman that their best choice was teleporting instead of flying all of those people and Transformers at mach 3-4.

And, no, there's no reason to conclude that it takes more energy, even theoretically. Based on what we have from the film, we can only conclude that it took less...and it was faster.

Doctor-Alvis
Doesn't he mention his jets are F'd up?

darthmaul1

OMG!!!!! Are you frigin serious!!!! This isn't spaceballs or Jurassic park....where they have their own toys and memorabilia in the movie!
That would be stupid if they did something like that showing a kid playing with a transformer in the movie of course there wouldn't be any comics/show/toylines in the movie. Fictitious people I can deal with, quite obviously he is meant to be Bush! but they probably don't want to deal with the issues with putting his likeness in the movie.
If they were to of said some fictitious museum some where then i wouldn't have a problem with it. Just like Mission City in the first movie you can disregard it cause it doesn't exist, but as soon as you mention a real place then you are bound to it!

dadudemon
EVERYONE READ!

I will go down that guy's 10 points.

1. I agree with this point. That big massive robot literally ran over many cars and killed dozens of humans. No covering that up.

2. He's a moron. How are they supposed to know that that's what the piece of the allspark can do? Obviously, neither the Autobots nor Sam and crew knew that the Allspark could be re-purposed for that.

3. Duh. The other guy wasn't killed, his legs were ripped off, that's it. We see, many times, that the removal of limbs does not kill a Transformer.

4. No, as these Transformers need magnification assistance, too. It's the whole thing about bending light to make images smaller or larger. Why would he want to permanently adjust his "sight" to make everything too close up? Simple: the little dude would NOT want to do that. He would want normal vision and then increased vision during examinations. By his logic, why don't surgeons get eye surgery to permanently adjust their vision to make everything super up-close?

5. This is a retarded point. Very retarded. He didn't pay attention in the movie, obviously. Bumblebee was trying to prevent Sam from cheating, you moron! Ergo, the various humorous songs he was playing about cheating! DUH! You idiot.

6. Wow. This guy is a tard. Of course they have "kids". Did he miss the whole part where Megatron is literally growing many new decepticons? Or did he miss that entire point to the plot?

And only a prime could take out a Prime for some unknown reason...or it could have been like a belief system thing, similar to religion. Not because of power, but because of something inherent in their design. It could be that there's an uncontrollable "political" system in place that allows a prime to take out another prime when they go bad. And, Megatron didn't "beat him earlier" either. Optimus was taking on 3, THREE, decepticons at once! He lost to three decepticons, not one. And the originals probably did try to, but he obviously hid away or evaded them, somehow.

That part is not explained, but we do know that the only way they could avoid the matrix falling into the wrong hands was to hide it away. The Fallen had a massive army of decepticons, idiot. I guess he didn't pay attention there, either. no expression

7. Obviously, this occurred because someone like the director wanted the boneyard to be right outside the DC museum. It was a "shot" that someone didn't care if it had something so stupid. In order for someone to be that aware of the "boneyard" to put it into a shot, it was obviosly beacuse they liked it and thought it would do well for that scene. So much for getting a certain look, right? Most people are not aware of the "boneyard"'s location, so this point really doesn't matter since it was intentional.

8. I agree on all points, but it seems this guy lost track of "jus making a story, geographic facts be damned as it wastes too much time".

9. I've already explained this point a million times to a certain poster.

10. He had bumblebee with him, the two other gangster robots, and Jetfire. I am putting my bet that in one of their vehicles was a first aid kit...you know, what you're supposed to have in your car anyway? This point is nitpicking for the sake of douchery...

His roommate got caught up in a mess that he didn't want to get caught up in. You can't complain about factual evidence being wrong because you don't understand that sometimes, plot comes before fact in a film in order to keep it interesting, while then also criticizing a portion of the plot that was due to keeping things believable.

The Fallen was chillin' in his chair, on that ship, duh.

It's a government satellite. And, since pretty much all of the "internet" is connect to just about every networked computer, directly or indirectly, all he'd have to do is use a satellite that had a link to the internet and then everything else would be accessible.

Wheelie humps her leg because that was his only way to show her, as he thought, that he liked her. He didn't understand human relations too well, so he thought that that was a the correct way to show her that he appreciated her being nice. He is an alien AI robot from outer-space, remember?

We don't. The dude is supposed to be weird, eccentric. That scene was to show you how far he was out there, while also adding comedy.

A mistake or they are clones. Duh.

You idiot. Our weapons certainly do cause them plenty of damage. Now he's just grasping.

You just made a point about our weapons being ineffective, but now you're saying that an ancient people, without ballistic technologies, should have destroyed a MASSIVE weapon? Make up your mind, idiot. And they wouldn't destroy it because they were sun worshippers and it was easier to build a large tomb for their pharaohs around the sun weapon. smile (It's a stretch, I know...but it's fun.)

The matrix expands in size once a Prime holds it. smile It becomes less dense, per unit volume, however, as it creates a microscopic "waffling" effect, in order to accomplish this almost instant expansion. smile

Mikaela's pants stay clean for the same reason that women usually wake up with their makeup perfectly done with their hair styled, etc. I guess this was the first movie he ever watched to not know something this simple. smile

Doctor-Alvis

1. Agree with

2. I'm not sure. He seemed aware the communications were being monitored at one point. Maybe he didn't think the whole piece would be used, which is what I was thinking until Jetfire sucked it up.

3. I couldn't tell but he could of hitched a ride with one of the others, like before. They would of showed up at one mass.

4. I assumed they were for different vision modes, like the Predator or something.

5. I didn't think there was anything weird about taking the form of a human, but I did wonder about the crushing thing. She didn't exactly belly flop on anything though and when she expanded she seemed to be pretty hollow.

6. Obviously the Transformers aren't going around screwing and giving birth like people. It could of been some kind of destiny thing or something. For a race of robots, they seem deeply rooted in religion.

7. It was in Virgina, but oh well. It was interesting watching Jetfire trip over all the old planes and fit well in the movie. B'AAAWWWWWW.

8. Boohoo, geography! I don't deny he's right, but still, boohoo. It wasn't detrimental to the story. The guy at the NEST headquarters said only the guys in the one area couldn't radio out. I remember this because he made an odd point of making it very clear that that was the situation. Also, experimental railguns get a range bonus from having "experimental" and "railgun" in their name. And Devestator was the size of the moon and pretty stationary. The only thing that I was surprised about was that the Agent guy didn't get killed by shrapnel.

9. He had that cube **** in him. Plus the leadership matrix dust.

10. He probably got his bandages from Bumblebee. His parents seemed like the type that would have him prepare like that. A lot of this one is just minor nitpicking.

OMG!!!!! Are you frigin serious!!!! This isn't spaceballs or Jurassic park....where they have their own toys and memorabilia in the movie!
That would be stupid if they did something like that showing a kid playing with a transformer in the movie of course there wouldn't be any comics/show/toylines in the movie. Fictitious people I can deal with, quite obviously he is meant to be Bush! but they probably don't want to deal with the issues with putting his likeness in the movie.
If they were to of said some fictitious museum some where then i wouldn't have a problem with it. Just like Mission City in the first movie you can disregard it cause it doesn't exist, but as soon as you mention a real place then you are bound to it!
Almost all works of fiction mention real things from Earth, that doesn't make them based in our actual reality. They're fictional versions, or alternate. Again, I'm not saying this to resolve mistakes, which seems to be your thing towards the end of your post. I'm just saying anything that isn't based on factual events could be considered an alternate reality.

Mindship
Just saw the film today. Aside from it probably being the loudest, most frenetic movie I ever saw (and about 30 minutes too long), it was pretty good, especially as sequels go.

But I am noticing a trend with sequels: often they tend to get silly or have silly aspects (eg, did we really need those jive bots?). I noticed this with Hellboy 2, also.

Spare me the trendy cuteness; just tell me how there's a college campus where every single co-ed is a babe. That's certainly not like the college I went to.

darthmaul1
I did not mind the twins at all. They were funny although a little crude, but still funny.
In point form the stuff that made the movie bad in order to what i remember

the fallen
transformers are a secret.
dogs humping
Sams gremlins transformers
lack of introduction of characters, autobot or decepticos.
Sams mom over the top.
Species/terminator tx decepticon
LEO
SIMMONS
air and space museum washington right beside the boneyard arizona
transformers humping
transformers with balls
Pyramids right beside the Daggers tip.
Sun harvester inside the pyramid.
TOO MANY explosions at the end it was just mind numbing.
Too many transformers at the end.

dadudemon
I did not mind the twins at all. They were funny although a little crude, but still funny.
In point form the stuff that made the movie bad in order to what i remember

the fallen
dogs humping
Sams gremlins transformers
lack of introduction of characters, autobot or decepticos.
Sams mom over the top.
Species/terminator tx decepticon
LEO
SIMMONS
air and space museum washington right beside the boneyard arizona
transformers humping
transformers with balls
Pyramids right beside the Daggers tip.
Sun harvester inside the pyramid.
TOO MANY explosions at the end it was just mind numbing.
Too many transformers at the end.

I'm with you on:

Sams mom over the top.

Originally posted by Mindship
Spare me the trendy cuteness; just tell me how there's a college campus where every single co-ed is a babe. That's certainly not like the college I went to.

There's quite a few at the one I go to...but I think there's courses for comsmotology and dental assistants....usually the best looking college students that I can recall.

coolmovies
Is this worth a blind buy on dvd?

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhh but If I told you, it'd no longer be blind. shifty

darthmaul1
Originally posted by coolmovies

I he hasn't seen it, it would still be a blind buy.
I would say NO. Once the quality gets better I am going to download it and edit it for my viewing and it will probably be only 30min long. LMAO

starlock
Wow!...this was a bad movie.....the first movie to me was ok, i still had lots of problems with it...but this sequel is just.......bad i.m.o

dadudemon
Originally posted by coolmovies

Oviously, yes.

Sadako of Girth

dadudemon
WTF happened? Ignore this post.

dadudemon
I just saw this movie again.

It was even better the second time. I give it a solid 8 out of 10.

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!

Jetfire says his boosters aren't working or broken, which is why he doesn't fly. He does a test fire while saying it and they smoke and sputter.

Edit - He does haphazardly sputter into the final battle, there at the end...but, again, it looked very unstable and shitty.

Shortly thereafter, they use a Space Bridge to teleport.

And Jetfire DOES say "space bridge". He says it to the group, mainly Simmons, shortly after they "jump."

Transportation FULLY explained. big grin

Also, it IS explicitly stated that The Fallen is stronger than his brothers. It shows a short clip where they gang up on him, stab him with their spears, and quickly grab The Matrix and run. They then "hide" The Matrix in a tomb by sacrificing themselves to create a "hidden" and encased tomb. They use their "bodies" to encase the tomb and surround The Matrix.

Also, The Fallen was said to be the first Decepticon, betraying his Prime brothers.

Now why was he stronger? Me thinks that because he was the first decepticon, he also horded energon for himself. Remember in transformers where that decepticon "drank" a whole bunch of energon and his energy blasts were really powerful afterward? I assume that it's something like that. The Transformers were a benevolent artificial race that only harvested stars that had planets that didn't have organic life or could support organic life. It can be assumed that The Fallen's selfish actions remained hidden from the others for a while, or at least long enough for him to become stronger than the others.....unless........The Fallen was specifically created by Cybertron to be the strongest.

The Fallen definitely shows some uber powers such as massive telekinesis. In fact, his TK is on par if not GREATER than Phoenix's TK in the live action movie. SERIOUSLY. He picks up many tanks and military equipment, along with tons of rocks. Greater than Phoenix's feat in X-men III.

Anyway, the story is far more complex than some are giving it credit for. It most certainly is NOT mindless explosions and fun.

Mshinu
Just saw the movie, loved it. Maybe a bit overstacked with action, jokes and wiseguy dialogue but it holds it together. I give it an A-

Sadako of Girth
I just saw this movie again.

It was even better the second time. I give it a solid 8 out of 10.

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!

Jetfire says his boosters aren't working or broken, which is why he doesn't fly. He does a test fire while saying it and they smoke and sputter.

Edit - He does haphazardly sputter into the final battle, there at the end...but, again, it looked very unstable and shitty.

Shortly thereafter, they use a Space Bridge to teleport.

And Jetfire DOES say "space bridge". He says it to the group, mainly Simmons, shortly after they "jump."

Transportation FULLY explained. big grin

Also, it IS explicitly stated that The Fallen is stronger than his brothers. It shows a short clip where they gang up on him, stab him with their spears, and quickly grab The Matrix and run. They then "hide" The Matrix in a tomb by sacrificing themselves to create a "hidden" and encased tomb. They use their "bodies" to encase the tomb and surround The Matrix.

Also, The Fallen was said to be the first Decepticon, betraying his Prime brothers.

Now why was he stronger? Me thinks that because he was the first decepticon, he also horded energon for himself. Remember in transformers where that decepticon "drank" a whole bunch of energon and his energy blasts were really powerful afterward? I assume that it's something like that. The Transformers were a benevolent artificial race that only harvested stars that had planets that didn't have organic life or could support organic life. It can be assumed that The Fallen's selfish actions remained hidden from the others for a while, or at least long enough for him to become stronger than the others.....unless........The Fallen was specifically created by Cybertron to be the strongest.

The Fallen definitely shows some uber powers such as massive telekinesis. In fact, his TK is on par if not GREATER than Phoenix's TK in the live action movie. SERIOUSLY. He picks up many tanks and military equipment, along with tons of rocks. Greater than Phoenix's feat in X-men III.

Anyway, the story is far more complex than some are giving it credit for. It most certainly is NOT mindless explosions and fun.

Yeah but the fallen sucks, dude. smile

BruceSkywalker
just saw this ion IMAX.. it is even better on IMAX 10/10

jcvaldez
The movie SUCKED!

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by jcvaldez
The movie SUCKED!

Yep.

roughrider
I know some people - mainly a lot of critics - would view this as being as entertaining as a chainsaw orchestra. I can actually see their point of view. But as a Transformers fan, I have to say I was really entertained, and enjoyed the nods to past storylines mixed in the plot. Not as good as the first, because there is (even) more BOOM! & less wonder, but I have to say I liked it.

BruceSkywalker
The movie SUCKED!

then why did you go see it?

jcvaldez
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
then why did you go see it?

How was I suppose to know if it sucked without watching it? So, I went, watched it, it sucked, I left.

C. C. Cowgirl!
The movie SUCKED!

I fail to see it how you're seeing it. All the things you've brought up about why it sucks, I don't see. I liked the acting, the plot and the action.

There's really no significant faults. Surely none that would define it as "suck"

jcvaldez
Originally posted by roughrider
I know some people - mainly a lot of critics - would view this as being as entertaining as a chainsaw orchestra. I can actually see their point of view. But as a Transformers fan, I have to say I was really entertained, and enjoyed the nods to past storylines mixed in the plot. Not as good as the first, because there is (even) more BOOM! & less wonder, but I have to say I liked it.

I'm a as a big fan as transformers as any one else. But I'm a child of the 80s. I grew up watching the cartoon. I read the comic book. I loved the original movie. I know everyone is going to disagree with me but, the Michael Bay movies do not live up to the 80s cartoon. They suck...actually I have to admit I found the first one watchable. However, I do not like the designs, they look like trash piled up. I do like the story lines. The dialog is cheesy, cliche' and dumb. Ben Lyons and Ben Mankiewicz from atthemoviestv.com gave the best review.

darthmaul1
I'm a as a big fan as transformers as any one else. But I'm a child of the 80s. I grew up watching the cartoon. I read the comic book. I loved the original movie. I know everyone is going to disagree with me but, the Michael Bay movies do not live up to the 80s cartoon. They suck...actually I have to admit I found the first one watchable. However, I do not like the designs, they look like trash piled up. I do like the story lines. The dialog is cheesy, cliche' and dumb. Ben Lyons and Ben Mankiewicz from atthemoviestv.com gave the best review.

Wow! I am a child of the 80's too, and i thought the first michael bay movie was fantastic. Just a question have you watched the 80's cartoons latley? I did a couple of weeks ago and they are lame now, i think the first 3 shows were ok but after that whoa! what did you want different in the movie? as for the 2nd movie that blew goats, i haven't been this disapointed in a movie in a long while. and i have to agree that ben lyons and ben mankiewicz did give a good review and it would have to be the shortest review too, cause the movie is such crap. People have to remember that a lot of the critics like the first one and now hate this one.

BruceSkywalker
How was I suppose to know if it sucked without watching it? So, I went, watched it, it sucked, I left.

perhaps a better question if you didn't like the first film why bother seeing this one????

Kazenji
Just a question have you watched the 80's cartoons latley? I did a couple of weeks ago and they are lame now,

Not for me they are'nt they're still good

hell its better then the recent cartoon they've done.

Sadako of Girth

F***in ay.

Sadako of Girth
I fail to see it how you're seeing it. All the things you've brought up about why it sucks, I don't see. I liked the acting, the plot and the action.

There's really no significant faults. Surely none that would define it as "suck"

Significant then is a subjective term, it seems.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Of course mmm

dadudemon

I'm the same in all categories. I took it a step further and read the comics, and continued to watch the various iterations of Transformers, too.

Also, what did you think a Transformer would REALLY look like in real life?

Do you honestly think that they would look like the simple design that we had from the 80s cartoon? That makes no sense in a live action movie. Do you realize how immature and childish that would look in live action?

roughrider

I was a serious fan from the 1980's. I came home from school and watched it religiously at 4:30 every weekday. And I went to the animated movie many times over. The entire 80's era is the favourite one.
However, watching clips of the old series, it doesn't look as good to me anymore. Full of inconsistencies and childish storylines; and the 1986 movie isn't that watchable now, with that terrible soundtrack. I guess I've moved on, and now enjoy seeing the old ideas refreshed for the new live action movies.

darthmaul1

Definatley have to aggree with you there, a lot of the cartoons out now just suck they look like the power puff girls piece of crap. Maybe it costs to much to hire good japanese or korean artists? bring back visionaries, bionic six looking cartoons.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by roughrider
I was a serious fan from the 1980's. I came home from school and watched it religiously at 4:30 every weekday. And I went to the animated movie many times over. The entire 80's era is the favourite one.
However, watching clips of the old series, it doesn't look as good to me anymore. Full of inconsistencies and childish storylines; and the 1986 movie isn't that watchable now, with that terrible soundtrack. I guess I've moved on, and now enjoy seeing the old ideas refreshed for the new live action movies.
Ditto. I watched some clips of the old movie and it was pretty bad. Although I did find it incredibly funny when Optimus was just running down Decepticons in his truck form. But I still really like the concept and the majority of the characters. That part will always be good.

Also, what did you think a Transformer would REALLY look like in real life?

Do you honestly think that they would look like the simple design that we had from the 80s cartoon? That makes no sense in a live action movie. Do you realize how immature and childish that would look in live action?
That's what I've been saying. Have you ever seen that clip of the white truck transforming into Optimus G1 style? It was cool and all, but it looked really goofy in a real world setting. The blocky designs really don't cut it for realism.

dadudemon
That's what I've been saying. Have you ever seen that clip of the white truck transforming into Optimus G1 style? It was cool and all, but it looked really goofy in a real world setting. The blocky designs really don't cut it for realism.

Shhhh. That type of logic would cause the minds of people like Ebert to blow up! Then who would idiots get their movie reviews from??!?!?!?!? (Cept you, TH. You is smart people. big grin )

LOL.

And, no, I have not seen that transform thing you're referring to. Post a youtube link in here. That'd be neat to show others why their complaint about realization is rubbish...despite the logic pointing a clear conclusion.

Bardock, do you now see what I mean by "blankie syndrome"? Do you now see why I accuse so many of it and think that very few can think objectively about these things? Coupled with the "blankie syndrome" is group think or popular mentality influences as well.

Think about it: if the movies occured before the cartoons, comics, CG animations, etc., people would find the others to be rubbish. laughing

Sadako of Girth
That model was of a G1 toy frame and transformation.

Stuff based since on Masterpiece Prime is where it is at.
Thats the stuff you could use in the movies.

Doctor-Alvis
And, no, I have not seen that transform thing you're referring to. Post a youtube link in here. That'd be neat to show others why their complaint about realization is rubbish...despite the logic pointing a clear conclusion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM74D1mFjN0

That model was of a G1 toy frame and transformation.

Stuff based since on Masterpiece Prime is where it is at.
Thats the stuff you could use in the movies.
The end result is the same. And the method is almost the same, too. I don't think a few extra rotating chest panels would convince me I'm looking at a member of an advanced robotic alien race. The original design is great, quite literally, on paper but in a real world setting it's like I'm looking at the man in the rubber godzilla suit. However, flip that situation around, try to pull the movie Optimus look in a cartoon and he'd probably look pretty awful.

They both work well in the comics though.

Sadako of Girth
The stuff I saw worked better than that. Hell in the game there is even the option or mod to go G1 and the characters worked.

And unlike Bay's designs, you could make out who was who in a fast battle situation easily.

jcvaldez
I'm not saying that the original designs would best fit the movie in a real world. What I'm saying is that the Bay's designs suck. They're a mess and ugly. However...maybe the original design would work in the real world...

Doctor-Alvis
They worked because the Transformers game was no more real looking than the giant robots romping around in it.

Until they dropped the dozen nameless decepticons, I had no trouble telling anyone apart. I only say that because I'm not sure if that one was Megatron or not.

Edit: That one doesn't look too bad. It's kind of a half way point. I could really go without every transformer have an intact front of a car for a chest though.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>