Apocalypse Vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xplosive
Who do you think wins?

tkitna
Sentry

Nihilist
Apocalypse stomps the emo b!tch

illadelph12
I'd say Apocalypse given Sentry's mental issues and Nur's energy absorption abilities. Most of Sentry's offense would be ineffective (physical assault and energy projection). On the flipside, Apoc could get in Sentry's head telepathically, and he would likely welcome The Void side effect of doing so.

occultdestroyer
Apoc for teh mindrape

id369
Sentry handandly pummels Pookyabccoffee

The Nuul
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd say Apocalypse given Sentry's mental issues and Nur's energy absorption abilities. Most of Sentry's offense would be ineffective (physical assault and energy projection). On the flipside, Apoc could get in Sentry's head telepathically, and he would likely welcome The Void side effect of doing so.

thumb up

Xplosive
I think Apocalypse stomps him.

shokosugi
apocalypse

Mshinu
Apoc wouldn`t even need to fight, he could use shapechange and teleport to drive the weak minded Sentry insane.

Sentry`s Wife: "Sorry Robert, your power makes me live in constant fear so I can`t go on anymore" *stabs herself*

Sentry: "NOOOOOOOOO"

occultdestroyer
Speaking of Apoc, haven't seen Trick post lately.

Survivor19
Since Sentry's deadlies attack (head-tearing speedblitz) is totally ineffective against Apocalypse, he will lose.

Prep-Man
Sentry.

StiltmanFTW
Apocalypse

Charmander
Actually, I think Apoc would win this fight pretty handily.

tkitna
Originally posted by Mshinu
Apoc wouldn`t even need to fight, he could use shapechange and teleport to drive the weak minded Sentry insane.

Sentry`s Wife: "Sorry Robert, your power makes me live in constant fear so I can`t go on anymore" *stabs herself*

Sentry: "NOOOOOOOOO"

Sentry: 'OMG he just killed Lindy. There, she's alive again. Now i'm really freaking pissed."

Apoc: 'What is this black creature thats approaching me? Why am I unable to enter its mind? Why can I not harm it. ARGH!"

Thats about how I see it going down.

Enyalus
Yeah, Apoc doesn't have the power to put Sentry down and mindrape is out of the question. Sentry's head is too messed up for it.

Galan007
^ i remember emma's TP failing against sentry, due to his scatterbrain-ness - but has a character with mental prowess on apoc's level ever tried, and failed, to muck with sentry's mind?

Kris Blaze
Someone who puts down the Living Monolith with a single blast, has the power to put down Sentry.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
^ i remember emma's TP failing against sentry, due to his scatterbrain-ness - but has a character with mental prowess on apoc's level ever tried, and failed, to muck with sentry's mind?
In addition to Emma, Marvel Boy couldn't do so either. And he stated why. It was something like navigating around in Sentry's head was too dangerous and volatile. The backlash could end up killing the psychic attempting to do it.

And, if Apoc managed it (which again, I don't think he could), he'd probably would just release the Void....which would be bad for his health.

Also, if he did manage it, I think it would take some time. And it doesn't seem like Sentry would give him that time.

Galan007
^ fair enough.

tkitna
Originally posted by Galan007

Dr. Strange

wannabe
Originally posted by illadelph12
On the flipside, Apoc could get in Sentry's head telepathically, and he would likely welcome The Void side effect of doing so.
I'd also go for Apoc, but since when is he a telepath? confused

illadelph12
He doesn't need to mindrape Sentry, he just needs to start a domino effect. Sentry's mind is fragile as is and will do the rest.

And to answer the above, yes, Apocalypse is a telepath on top of the other Swiss Army Knife of Superpowers in his arsenal. He can mindblast, brainwash, read minds, recall the memories of others, and repel psychic assaults. Not sure if he can create mental illusions though. Hasn't been shown on panel.

Survivor19
Though for some reason Nur can't enter Astral plane on his own...

Oh, and we shouldn't forget he can transmit his thoughts.

Sr J-Bieb
Apocalypse via Zombie Sentry taking orders from Wolverlypse

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by "Id"
Sentry handandly pummels Pookyabccoffee

Bentley
Pocky is only a threat to meta level characters. True story.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
Pocky is only a threat to meta level characters. True story.

You mean like Kang? biscuits

OneDumbG0
^ Oh snapz!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/zipthwapwombat/shark-gorilla.jpg

there aint a single high herald that poccy can beat and sentry would stomp him

JakeTheBank
Sentry should win.

Stoic
Sentry at his highest levels, or even an in control Sentry should, would, and could destroy the ancient mutant.

Simbon
Looks like Apoc's stock was much higher in 2009.

Half of me wants to see him treated with more respect; the other half wants to see him lose to someone like Bendis-Cage. I'm pretty sure the second half is more likely to find satisfaction in the near future.

Bentley
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You mean like Kang? biscuits
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Oh snapz!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/zipthwapwombat/shark-gorilla.jpg

g_serious

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Simbon
the other half wants to see him lose to someone like Bendis-Cage.

You probably just spoiled Bendis' upcoming arc.

Nihilist
Dont be harsh on Bentley he said meta lvl...Kang is only street.

Simbon
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You probably just spoiled Bendis' upcoming arc.

laughing out loud Yup, first Apoc will get punched out of a building by Jess, after he fails to kidnap her brat as a new vessel; as he gets up, he says to Cage, "Foolish insect! I have toppled empires, humbled eternals, matched energies with the High Evolutionary, and defeated the x-men!" Cage: "I'm not the x-men, *****!" *KO's Apoc with roundhouse*

MF DELPH
I could see that nowadays. Comic writing has taken a downturn overall (at least with respects to established character history), with the exceptions being, well, exceptional. I realize comics are fluid and nothing is set in stone, but a lot gets sacrificed for storytelling.

psycho gundam
sentry

the feat he pulled on owen reece is the nail in the coffin

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I could see that nowadays. Comic writing has taken a downturn overall (at least with respects to established character history), with the exceptions being, well, exceptional. I realize comics are fluid and nothing is set in stone, but a lot gets sacrificed for storytelling. For current Marvel, read S.H.I.E.L.D., Secret Warriors, Uncanny X-Force, Punisher MAX.

For current DC, read... err... uhhh...

... yeahhh... Originally posted by psycho gundam
sentry

the feat he pulled on owen reece is the nail in the coffin Reported for breaking a forum rule... because... yeahh...

psycho gundam
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
read S.H.I.E.L.D., Secret Warriors, Uncanny X-Force, Punisher MAX. spot on thumb up

thunderbolts is pretty darn good too. some other x-titles are ok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.