Despero vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thanos

vs.

Despero

Avalonofthewind
I'd like to see some opinions on this one.
Despero is supposed to be bad ass.

8bitChris
Thanos.

Despero has trouble conquering a planet. Thanos has conquered the Universe at least three times. He's mopped the floor with Marvel's greatest and he wont be susceptible to a hypnotic third eye either. Oh, that and Thanos can't die because of his relationship with Death.

yahman
Despero laughed off punches from the following ; Cap Marvel, Superman, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Black Adam (maybe) and M.M at the same time.

Thanos was beaten by Thor with a tiny bit of the Odin Force, and was hurt by the Thing.

Despero wins. smile

8bitChris
How about listing some of Thanos's feats?

Despero got punked by M.M.

No way M.M. is even close to Thanos level.

8bitChris

yahman
Originally posted by 8bitChris
How about listing some of Thanos's feats?

Despero got punked by M.M.

No way M.M. is even close to Thanos level.

Why not. And when did Despero loose to M.M ?

8bitChris
When M.M. took control of his mind and Despero went into a deep sleep.

8bitChris

olympian
Both are bad asses. They sould pretty much destroy each other if there is no retconning to what Despero did in Virtue and Vice.

And Thanos gave the whole Marvel Universe problems three times, because of outside power, not its own.

8bitChris
Not extreme will-power? Or genius intellect and prepping? He saw a way to accomplish what he wanted and devised a way to attain it.

Thanos also went toe-toe with Odin. He's routinely whooped on Silver Surfer. (who is greater than Superman imho) Thanos is no pushover smile.

He needs more Respect. One of the greatest villains of all time.

Juntai
Superman defeats Darkseid defeats Surfer... in one shot.

8bitChris
No he doesn't. That would be impossible to ever happen :P.

olympian
"Not extreme will-power? Or genius intellect and prepping? He saw a way to accomplish what he wanted and devised a way to attain it."

Thats not what i said. I said without outside power (i.e the IG for example) he wouldnt give - a universe - problems with its - own- powerlevel.

"Thanos also went toe-toe with Odin. He's routinely whooped on Silver Surfer. (who is greater than Superman imho) Thanos is no pushover ."

What being better than Superman means to his class of power and above? Heralds in the comic hierarchy are of the weakest. And he didnt went toe to toe against Odin. That would be if Odin would had give his best. He didnt.

"He needs more Respect. One of the greatest villains of all time"

He has the respect he deserves but your overrating him a bit. As good as he is, without plot devices he doesnt cause troubles in a universal scale.

"Superman defeats Darkseid defeats Surfer... in one shot"

Darkseid nowadays gets beaten by every high top hero.

Juntai
No he doesn't. That would be impossible to ever happen :P. In The Hunger, Darkseid beat Surfer in one move and left him down most of the rest of the comic.

Sentry
Can Despero die? Is he unkillable like Lobo?

Sentry
Originally posted by Juntai
In The Hunger, Darkseid beat Surfer in one move and left him down most of the rest of the comic.

Read the rest of it. He shot surfer from the back. If it was up & up, he could have countered with a blast of power cosmic. Did you see what Surfer did to Orion?

8bitChris
Without plot devices, Batman hardly defeats anyone. smile

I don't think i'm overrating him.

It takes a lot to wield the IG. Thanos's (niece?) couldn't handle it.

8bitChris
That never happend. It's not in any continuity. Biased writing. DC and Marvel have to make comprimises they normally wouldn't when writing a crossover. It's bad evidence. The forum rules call crossovers bad evidence. You use them superflously :P. If Superman can stomp on Darkseid, Silver Surfer can.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Sentry
Read the rest of it. He shot surfer from the back. If it was up & up, he could have countered with a blast of power cosmic. Did you see what Surfer did to Orion?

In that same issue, this was a weak Darkseid who just had the sh*t blasted out of him by Galactus. Surfer had just been restored by Galactus. Sounds like a fair comparison to me.

olympian
"Without plot devices, Batman hardly defeats anyone."

Your getting my point then, this isent Thanos with a plot device. Its Thanos on its own power.

"It takes a lot to wield the IG. Thanos's (niece?) couldn't handle it."

Thats why Thanos stated when Nebula was figthing the abstracts that even a fool with the IG would be invencible?

In true she did the exact same thing Thanos did. Fought the cosmics and abstracts all at once, defeated them and imprisioned them. And the she lost the IG like Thanos did.

8bitChris
Orion,

Do you consider Thanos a universe scale problem though?

And what power level do you place him on?

olympian
? Your asking what power level Thanos is on its own?

I place him under the gods/beings that are second to Skyfathers. Like Hela, Hades, Poseidon etc.

He is above top tier and herald level by far tho.

Sentry
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
In that same issue, this was a weak Darkseid who just had the sh*t blasted out of him by Galactus. Surfer had just been restored by Galactus. Sounds like a fair comparison to me.

A weak Galactus is still at least, AT LEAST ten times more powerful than Darkseid. That was supposed to happen. Darkseid has no chance against Galactus. Darkseid from any era will punked.

8bitChris
Sounds about right.

Avalonofthewind
A weak Galactus is still at least, AT LEAST ten times more powerful than Darkseid. That was supposed to happen. Darkseid has no chance against Galactus. Darkseid from any era will punked.

Exactly, Galactus bested Darkseid easily with a blast that send him flying quite a distance....

DS then came BACK from that, and took down Surfer which Galac had just renewed.

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
? Your asking what power level Thanos is on its own?

I place him under the gods/beings that are second to Skyfathers. Like Hela, Hades, Poseidon etc.

He is above top tier and herald level by far tho. Didnt somone post a comic of Thanos saying he COULDNT survive a Nuke level attack, and then Thor smacking him halfway across the galaxy like a punk?

Avalonofthewind
Didnt somone post a comic of Thanos saying he COULDNT survive a Nuke level attack, and then Thor smacking him halfway across the galaxy like a punk?

This one?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Thanosboom.jpg

K3VIL
He has the respect he deserves but your overrating him a bit. As good as he is, without plot devices he doesnt cause troubles in a universal scale.
Come on olympian, I agree with you most times, but Thanos is considered a threat even when he's not in possess of cosmic artifacts.
In the Respect Thanos thread are showed his feats of durability, strenght and energy manipulation, on the current Marvel Earth, with the poor New Avengers, I'll see the good guys saving the day only if Strange and Genis Vell arrives to help them, withou them Thanos will conquer the planet with major ease.
The Marvel Heroes while they were planning to stop Magus from achieving the Infinity Gauntlet were considered from Thanos inferior, not even a disturbance he sayed he will assault Magus with the aid of Drax not even considering Cap and company

Juntai
This one?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Thanosboom.jpg thats the one.
That makes Thanos not so impressive.
Lobo would serve that chump. lol.
Lobo takes nukes and nuke level attacks to the face at least twice a comic, then lights a cigar and kills everyone.

Juntai
Originally posted by K3VIL

The Marvel Heroes while they were planning to stop Magus from achieving the Infinity Gauntlet were considered from Thanos inferior, not even a disturbance he sayed he will assault Magus with the aid of Drax not even considering Cap and company
English dude, english!

Sentry
How bout this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/030904.jpg

Getting hit by the Mjolnir will hurt damn near anyone.

olympian
"Come on olympian, I agree with you most times, but Thanos is considered a threat even when he's not in possess of cosmic artifacts"

Thats not what im saying. Of course he is a threat. But not on a -universal- scale.

This was started by the fact that Thanos almost defeated the entire Marvel Universe three times. Those wer with plot devices.

See where im heading? On his -own- powerlevel he wouldnt be the treat he was in those three moments.

Sentry
Does that make Superman look like a punk? No. Thanos just got knocked back in that picture. Did he make a sound? No.

Superman made a pain scream.

Superman: GH-UHH!!!

olympian
Even Namor has taken those shots better than Superman. wink

Avalonofthewind
How bout this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/030904.jpg

Getting hit by the Mjolnir will hurt damn near anyone.

Funny how you swear by that pic..yet NEVER show this one..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thorandsuperman001.jpg

Sentry
"Come on olympian, I agree with you most times, but Thanos is considered a threat even when he's not in possess of cosmic artifacts"

Thats not what im saying. Of course he is a threat. But not on a -universal- scale.

This was started by the fact that Thanos almost defeated the entire Marvel Universe three times. Those wer with plot devices.

See where im heading? On his -own- powerlevel he wouldnt be the treat he was in those three moments.

How bout this moment?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/odinvsthanos9.jpg

Juntai
Even Namor has taken those shots better than Superman. wink Look at the part where he says "Thermal Nuclear Device" and "Because I would rather die".

Sentry
Or this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thanos.jpg

8bitChris
"This was started by the fact that Thanos almost defeated the entire Marvel Universe three times. Those wer with plot devices."

What's this almost stuff? Thanos did defeat the entire Marvel Universe. What stopped him? Himself. It was either Warlock or Surfer that told Thanos that he kept subconsciously stopping himself for some reason.

Deep down, he knew leaving the IG on a throne was stupid etc...

Sentry
Oh, forget a couple:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/LoboVSThanosinpark.bmp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/LoboVSThanosinPark2.bmp

There goes Lobo.

Juntai
Thanos is definately the better badguy between the two. Just, I don't think Thanos isn't quite as high on the pedestal as people seem to think he is.

olympian
"How bout this moment?"

The one where he didnt matched a non full powered Odin? Thats a durability feat. How that compares to what he did with the IG against all the cosmics.

"Or this one:"

Its a planetery level feat....for Champion in this case. How is this an universal feat.

Against Lobo the same. Hes above Heralds and top heroes.

"What's this almost stuff? Thanos did defeat the entire Marvel Universe. What stopped him? Himself"

Thats what im saying. Its always " almost" because he ends up losing for himself.

I dont think there is much discussion that the powerlevel of its own and the one he had with the IG are totally different in scope. Not even close.

Sentry
Thanos is definately the better badguy between the two. Just, I don't think Thanos isn't quite as high on the pedestal as people seem to think he is.

Neither is Superman.

Thanos
^
^
^
^
^
Superman

Avalonofthewind
Oh, forget a couple:

There goes Lobo.

Why not show the full page? Bone claws cutting up thanos?
Doesn't come across like you are very honest there buddy.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/wolvcutsthanos.jpg

olympian
Wolverine claws, bone or not in comics, cut anything. Want to bet if he ever has a one shot with Superman he wll be able to cut him?

8bitChris
See why crossovers are stupid?

Avalonofthewind
Oh, forget a couple:

There goes Lobo.

Lets add this one... Darkseid looks like the man here...
Thanos isnt looking so well himself though... sad

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanosowned.jpg

Avalonofthewind
See why crossovers are stupid?

Yea...this one was ridiculous...I dont go around basing opinions on this one since it was mostly fan voted.

The Galactus/Darkseid one was written by John Byrne though, and I think he did a fairly decent job representing the characters and story.

Avalonofthewind
Wolverine claws, bone or not in comics, cut anything. Want to bet if he ever has a one shot with Superman he wll be able to cut him?

You mean like Reed's adamantium cutting lasers than didnt make supes flinch? Lets not get ridiculous.

Juntai
Omega beams take down surfer and thor one shot, but Superman counteracts with heat vision, and has also let them bounce off of his chest. So much for Surfer probably countering with power cosmic thing people always talk about, apperently he can't even phase him. Front back, it don't matter. lol.

olympian
"You mean like Reed's adamantium cutting lasers than didnt make supes flinch? Lets not get ridiculous."

Ah you mean more ridiculous than bone claw Wolverine beating Immortal Hercules with it? How about cutting Hulk. Or stab Thanos when he was wielding the IG.

Its not more ridiculous than those.

olympian
"Omega beams take down surfer and thor one shot, but Superman counteracts with heat vision, and has also let them bounce off of his chest. So much for Surfer probably countering with power cosmic thing people always talk about, apperently he can't even phase him"

This is a crossover shifty

Btw, wasent Superman cut by Doomsday claws? And knocked out by a gas tank explosion.

8bitChris
I've told Juntai crossovers don't mean squat at least five times over now. He still uses them as his main source of information.

Avalonofthewind
"You mean like Reed's adamantium cutting lasers than didnt make supes flinch? Lets not get ridiculous."

Ah you mean more ridiculous than bone claw Wolverine beating Immortal Hercules with it? How about cutting Hulk. Or stab Thanos when he was wielding the IG.

Its not more ridiculous than those.

These were adamantium claws...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/wolviestabsthanos.jpg

olympian
In that case wouldnt that mean Superman getting owned by Venom counts?

Or he doesnt use that part.

"These were adamantium claws..."

So Adamantium its above cosmic power now?

Any guy that gets cut below them should be killed then.

Adamantium doesnt make it better. Thanos took the combined power and attacks of cosmics, without injury and yet gets stabbed by eartmade claws?

Avalonofthewind
"Omega beams take down surfer and thor one shot, but Superman counteracts with heat vision, and has also let them bounce off of his chest. So much for Surfer probably countering with power cosmic thing people always talk about, apperently he can't even phase him"

This is a crossover shifty

Btw, wasent Superman cut by Doomsday claws? And knocked out by a gas tank explosion.

Doomsday claws would put holes in thanos quickly if wolverine can stab through him.

Stronger than adamantium claws + being stronger than Supes himself and speed compared to flash more than once..hmm.

olympian
"Doomsday claws would put holes in thanos quickly if wolverine can stab through him"

That would be double bad writting.

Doomsday in the first figth wasent using Flash like speeds. Neither Superman.

Stronger than Byrne Superman? Yeah.

Avalonofthewind
In that case wouldnt that mean Superman getting owned by Venom counts?

Or he doesnt use that part.

"These were adamantium claws..."

So Adamantium its above cosmic power now?

Any guy that gets cut below them should be killed then.

Adamantium doesnt make it better. Thanos took the combined power and attacks of cosmics and yet gets stabbed by eartmade claws?

You get a cookie for trying hard...
Where did I say adamantium was stronger than power cosmic?
What does that even have to do with adamantium being able to pierce thanos?

olympian
"You get a cookie for trying hard...
What does that even have to do with adamantium being able to pierce thanos?"

He was using something called the IG. For a start. It was simply bad writting.

Or lets say one more jobbing moment for Wolverine.

Even without IG i fail to see how Logan would stab him considering Thanos without a plot device took shots from Odin.

Avalonofthewind
"Doomsday claws would put holes in thanos quickly if wolverine can stab through him"

So its bad writing if thanos isnt indestructable?

Juntai

In Death of Superman GL said "He moves faster than the speed of light", when Darksied speedblitzed him and smashed his head on a rock.

Avalonofthewind
"You get a cookie for trying hard...
What does that even have to do with adamantium being able to pierce thanos?"

He was using something called the IG. For a start. It was simply bad writting.

Or lets say one more jobbing moment for Wolverine.

Even without IG i fail to see how Logan would stab him considering Thanos without a plot device took shots from Odin.

Incosistent writing, PIS... how many all powerful characters lose because of it?
Thanos, Beyonder, Onslaught, Solaris, Maggedon, Parallax..etc etc.

At the time when he used the IG, he was only tapping into the Power gem. Everything else was pure thanos.

olympian
"So its bad writing if thanos isnt indestructable?"

Lets put it this way. On an average showing he took blasts from Tyrant and Odin. Even he was not close to win against either.

That alone makes already him more durable than the claws.

In the infinite gauntlet case. He was powered up with the IG. And yet was stabbed. So yes it was a jobbing moment.

"In Death of Superman GL said "He moves faster than the speed of light", when Darksied speedblitzed him and smashed his head on a rock. "

Green Lantern wasent in " Death of Superman ".

Where was it stated that Thanos was only using the power gem in the fight?

Wynndar
Yea Thanos being cut by Wolverine, adamantium or not, is incredibly inconsistent. Thanos isnt evenpunctured by Odin's spear yet wolverine with his 800lbs strength succeeds?

Avalonofthewind
"So its bad writing if thanos isnt indestructable?"

Lets put it this way. On an average showing he took blasts from Tyrant and Odin. Even he was not close to win against either.

That alone makes already him more durable than the claws.

In the infinite gauntlet case. He was powered up with the IG. And yet was stabbed. So yes it was a jobbing moment.

"In Death of Superman GL said "He moves faster than the speed of light", when Darksied speedblitzed him and smashed his head on a rock. "

Green Lantern wasent in " Death of Superman ".

Where was it stated that Thanos was only using the power gem in the fight?

Before they begin the battle. To make it fair, Thanos turns off all the other gems and calculate .05% chance of victory for the heroes.

As for being cut...Thanos does wield cosmic energy... so energy blasts should not have too much effect on him. Cosmics blast each other all the time. Physical force seems to affect them differently though.

Leo has also shown proof that Thanos wasnt doing well against tyrant before thanos started using a plot device.

leonidas
before he used tyrant's own power against tyrant, tyrant was demolishing thanos. wasn't even close. most heroes can stand cosmic blasts without being cut or bleeding. i'm not defending wolvie that's for damn sure, rather supporting av's idea that energy blasts have different effects then cutting weapons (ie claws, black knight's sword). they pretty much HAVE to be shown to have different effects for them to be effective.

olympian
"Before they begin the battle. To make it fair, Thanos turns off all the other gems and calculate .05% chance of victory for the heroes"

The issue i have its translated. The idea i got was that rather than turning off any gems or just some, he lowered the overall powerlevel to one where the heroes could get those kind of chances.

I could be wrong on this, since i have it translated tho.

"before he used tyrant's own power against tyrant, tyrant was demolishing thanos. wasn't even close. most heroes can stand cosmic blasts without being cut or bleeding. i'm not defending wolvie that's for damn sure, rather supporting av's idea that energy blasts have different effects then cutting weapons (ie claws, black knight's sword). they pretty much HAVE to be shown to have different effects for them to be effective."

I actually can see the point of view. I just feel its heavy inconsistant having someone wielding such power cosmic and getting stabbed by...earthmade claws. Against Tyrant, losing its logical even in comics porpuses but that, its difficult to take it serious. Even at Marvel.

Ill rather called it higly inconsistent then.

Avalonofthewind
"Before they begin the battle. To make it fair, Thanos turns off all the other gems and calculate .05% chance of victory for the heroes"

The issue i have its translated. The idea i got was that rather than turning off any gems or just some, he lowered the overall powerlevel to one where the heroes could get those kind of chances.

I could be wrong on this, since i have it translated tho.

"before he used tyrant's own power against tyrant, tyrant was demolishing thanos. wasn't even close. most heroes can stand cosmic blasts without being cut or bleeding. i'm not defending wolvie that's for damn sure, rather supporting av's idea that energy blasts have different effects then cutting weapons (ie claws, black knight's sword). they pretty much HAVE to be shown to have different effects for them to be effective."

I actually can see the point of view. I just feel its heavy inconsistant having someone wielding such power cosmic and getting stabbed by...earthmade claws. Against Tyrant, losing its logical even in comics porpuses but that, its difficult to take it serious. Even at Marvel.

Ill rather called it higly inconsistent then.

No more inconsistent than this... Supes survives this while fighting doomsday without being KO... but keep him and Batman as equals.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ddsupes2.jpg

yahman
This one?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Thanosboom.jpg

Could someone explain his one? Maybe Thanos is not quite as invincible as you all reckon

olympian
"No more inconsistent than this... Supes survives this while fighting doomsday without being KO... but keep him and Batman as equals"

Him and Batman as equals of what..............?

"Could someone explain his one? Maybe Thanos is not quite as invincible as you all reckon"

I dont see the problem with that one, Thanos wasent killed was he. He was shown to be alive in the end of that series. After he got the power up by Death, hes pretty much immortal.

yahman
"No more inconsistent than this... Supes survives this while fighting doomsday without being KO... but keep him and Batman as equals"

"Could someone explain his one? Maybe Thanos is not quite as invincible as you all reckon"

I dont see the problem with that one, Thanos wasent killed was he. He was shown to be alive in the end of that series. After he got the power up by Death, hes pretty much immortal.

True but before this he does admit he could have been killed by a Nuke. Is this the same story where he is 'beating up' several Marvel characters ? Lol

olympian
I take statements that are proven wrong on panel, with bad taste.

Tecnically since we know he survived, his doubt of if he would or not gets kind of mooth.

And yes it was stick out tongue

Avalonofthewind

Equals in the sense that they make it so Bats can virtually beat anyone.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by yahman
True but before this he does admit he could have been killed by a Nuke. Is this the same story where he is 'beating up' several Marvel characters ? Lol

In his panels.. I've seen thanos hold back people...but I havent seen him give Doomsday style beatdowns to whole groups.

Sentry
In his panels.. I've seen thanos hold back people...but I havent seen him give Doomsday style beatdowns to whole groups.

You mean the kind of beatings Hulk has given the Avengers? The kind of beatings Nefaria has dished out on the Thunderbolts and Avengers?

yahman
I take statements that are proven wrong on panel, with bad taste.

Tecnically since we know he survived, his doubt of if he would or not gets kind of mooth.

And yes it was stick out tongue

He seems pretty certain to me. laughing

Doesn't this mean that a full on assualt by Thing, Hulk, Thor and Herc is not = to a nuke. Lol Oh welll wink

olympian
"Equals in the sense that they make it so Bats can virtually beat anyone"

Ah yes the Bat God. I rather take the most common approach that he is a phsycho and a human and move on.

"He seems pretty certain to me"

The dummie was wrong then.

"Doesn't this mean that a full on assualt by Thing, Hulk, Thor and Herc is not = to a nuke. Lol Oh welll "

Just for that he should had been beaten stick out tongue

yahman
"Equals in the sense that they make it so Bats can virtually beat anyone"

Ah yes the Bat God. I rather take the most common approach that he is a phycho and a human and move on.

"He seems pretty certain to me"

The dummie was wrong then.

"Doesn't this mean that a full on assualt by Thing, Hulk, Thor and Herc is not = to a nuke. Lol Oh welll "

Just for that he should had been beaten stick out tongue

Lol. I cant beleive Armando is leaving mann. He was a sound guy heh?

olympian
For the times i debated with him he sure seemed like. Was he around already for a long time?

Btw man theres more stuff at the thread, check it out.

Avalonofthewind
You mean the kind of beatings Hulk has given the Avengers? The kind of beatings Nefaria has dished out on the Thunderbolts and Avengers?

I mean more like the GL corps, 2 different JLA groups, tons of GOGS, whole planets...etc..etc...

No tech or enhancements needed...just pure beatdown goodness.

K3VIL
English dude, english!
Ok.
During the Infinity Gauntlet Saga, Thanos decide to assault Magus base with the aid of Drax, he didn't ask for help to the Earth Heroes, he thinks they aren't on his league, they are mere annoyances for him, nothing more.He considered Drax cause he known the destroyer is a real support in a situation like that.
Back in topic, we all know Thanos has access to technology of a high degree, a thermal nuclear device made from Thanos may certainly be thousand times more powerful than one made from earth scientists.

Wynndar
What issue was that scan from?

the Darkone
Thanos is 10x better than despero on his worst day.

branhole
thanos is hella cool.

the Darkone
Despero willl get manhandle by Thanos, who is to powerful and more experience.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by the Darkone
Despero willl get manhandle by Thanos, who is to powerful and more experience.

You must not know much about Despero. Despero is a Team busting juggernaut. He can bust up the JLA. thanos cannot do that. Thanos is a better thinker so they end up stalemating. Thanos has better energy blast. Tho Des has high dmg resistance and some pretty powerful Tk.

Jimmy-Chan
Thanos is perfectly capable of Despero's strength feats. He's just as strong, more durable, and has the energy blasts.

the Darkone
Thanos will crumbstomp despero ass, Thanos can amp all of his abilities beyond normal levels, his mental powers are greater than Despero and Thanos is hell of a lot smarter also.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos will crumbstomp despero ass, Thanos can amp all of his abilities beyond normal levels, his mental powers are greater than Despero and Thanos is hell of a lot smarter also.

Curb Stomp would imply that Thanos can easily beat Despero. Seeing as how Despero is stronger than most top tier bricks and can bust up a team of the JLa puts him easily in Thano's league. Or do you think thanos would have such an easy time with the JLA?

the Darkone
Thanos is well above Despero in every category plus has 10,000 years of fighting experince, Thanos eats teams and cosmic beings for lunch. Thanos will own Despero face it, regardless if Despero beat JLA, hell even Thanos could've done that and much worse. Thanos is bay far one of most powerful villain in comics, Thanos has Despero beat in every way, Thanos strength can be increase, his stamina, he manipulate all forms of energy, has a highly level of pisonic mental powers, plus tech.

Despero is push over but against Thanos he not even in his weight class, Thanos will incease his ass in pure psionic force shield not even warrior madness thor w/ power gem could have broken out of and he is way stronger than despero.

Horrificus
Hold on here.
I thought Despero was one of the TOP powerhouses in DC.
I thought he has handled groups of Superman-Level characters with ease.
How is Thanos going to be able to beat him easily? I don't understand that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Horrificus
Hold on here.

Welcome to THIS forum

the Darkone
Originally posted by Horrificus
Hold on here.

Despero handle superman level beings, as where Thanos has handle silver surfer type beings and crush them. Thanos beat warrior madness thor w/ power gem and sealed his ass in pure pisonic energy force shield. Thanos stalemated Odin with his first upgrade and battled Tyrant and held his own, Thanos fought and soundly defeated The Maker a cube being which holds back the "true beyonder", his second upgrade defeated his son Rot who eternity and death couldn't have defeated together, he unleashed a blast so powerful the whole universe scream in pain and all the abstracts took notice how powerful Thanos become.

Thanos took out the in-betweener, grandmaster, the runner who would have beaten the sh** out of Deperso, the champion who got schooled in the art of fighting. Thanos doesn't have to beat you with his brute strength or energy projection, his greatest weapon is his intelligence not even reed richards can touch him, this guy has been scheming for 10,000 and still counting.

Thanos will turn despero into his b***h, plain and simple.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Despero handle superman level beings, as where Thanos has handle silver surfer type beings and crush them. Thanos beat warrior madness thor w/ power gem and sealed his ass in pure pisonic energy force shield. Thanos stalemated Odin with his first upgrade and battled Tyrant and held his own, Thanos fought and soundly defeated The Maker a cube being which holds back the "true beyonder", his second upgrade defeated his son Rot who eternity and death couldn't have defeated together, he unleashed a blast so powerful the whole universe scream in pain and all the abstracts took notice how powerful Thanos become.

Thanos took out the in-betweener, grandmaster, the runner who would have beaten the sh** out of Deperso, the champion who got schooled in the art of fighting. Thanos doesn't have to beat you with his brute strength or energy projection, his greatest weapon is his intelligence not even reed richards can touch him, this guy has been scheming for 10,000 and still counting.

Thanos will turn despero into his b***h, plain and simple.

Thanos would make Despero his ***** But didn't even want to fight the hulk? Despero's telepathy almost has no peer in the DCU and you so easily dismiss him. Something Seems amiss.

bigbran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
But didn't even want to fight the hulk? I could really care about the rest.
He said it once. Ya so?
He has also beaten him.
First off, I want to know, why you brought this up.

the Darkone
Thanos will smoke the hulk like a blunt and I like the Hulk. Thanos didn't want to get into a brawl with the hulk, he fought the hulk and basically disintegrated him bones with his eye blast. So their goes your didn't want to fight the hulk argument, he can match the hulk strength he is by by far the most powerful eternal since his grandfather chronus.

the Darkone
Thanos would make Despero his ***** But didn't even want to fight the hulk? Despero's telepathy almost has no peer in the DCU and you so easily dismiss him. Something Seems amiss.

Thanos enter Galactus mind, Thanos mental powers are greater than moondragon when she had the mind gem who is greater than despero, and Thanos is one of few beings that can resist the mind gem and Dr. strange is the other.

UniOmni
I'd give Thanos the nod, due to being an Eternal and their weird psy thingy, and comparable strength, but Despero is easily more physically imposing, getting handled by Drippy aside.

Plus Thanos just has more powers than the guy, iirc.

And i don't see how Thor knocking Thanos off planet is a low showing, considering he wasn't dead.

And people say Thor isn't nearly as strong as the DC top tier........................

I do like Despero more, even if he does do to Jonn, what Thanos does to Surfer.

And i wouldn't make absolute statements darky.

We don't know for sure that Moondragon is more telepathically powerful than Despero, considering that people have resisted her even with the mindgem.

Thanos is above an ig gem?? Doesn't make sense.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos enter Galactus mind, Thanos mental powers are greater than moondragon when she had the mind gem who is greater than despero, and Thanos is one of few beings that can resist the mind gem and Dr. strange is the other.
Thanos enters galactus mind becuz galactus was comatose. He wasn't fighting back. It's not like thanos showed any power by over taking galactus mind while big g was actually up and about.

And who says that Moondragon's mind gem is greater than Despero's Flame of Pytar. The mind gem is not infinite in power. it only becomes infinite in power when linked with the power gem.

the Darkone
Originally posted by UniOmni
I'd give Thanos the nod, due to being an Eternal and their weird psy thingy, and comparable strength, but Despero is easily more physically imposing, getting handled by Drippy aside.

Plus Thanos just has more powers than the guy, iirc.

And i don't see how Thor knocking Thanos off planet is a low showing, considering he wasn't dead.

And people say Thor isn't nearly as strong as the DC top tier........................

I do like Despero more, even if he does do to Jonn, what Thanos does to Surfer.

And i wouldn't make absolute statements darky.

We don't know for sure that Moondragon is more telepathically powerful than Despero, considering that people have resisted her even with the mindgem.

Thanos is above an ig gem?? Doesn't make sense.

she used it the mind gem on him and had no effect, he looked at her like she lost her everlasting mind. But you just don't enter Galactus mind on a whim, not even despero can do that he will get lobotomize.

nvrbeenwthagirl
she used it the mind gem on him and had no effect, he looked at her like she lost her everlasting mind. But you just don't enter Galactus mind on a whim, not even despero can do that he will get lobotomize.

And your basing this one what? What limits are you using to prove that Despero isn't one hell of a TP? he does have the flame of Pytar. So again, exactly how are you rating Despero on a marvel system when you not exactly stating anything about despero other than he can't do it cuz he's not in marvel to prove he can.

UniOmni
I equate Jonn with Xavier. Relative equals.

Despero owns Jonn in t/p.

Xavier enters Galactus's mind. I'd say Jonn could do the same.

Despero is a beast above the top tier, imo. As is Thanos.

The only thing Thanos has going for him, is his weird Eternal psy immunity thing, as well as his insane durability.

the Darkone
Thanos enters galactus mind becuz galactus was comatose. He wasn't fighting back. It's not like thanos showed any power by over taking galactus mind while big g was actually up and about.

And who says that Moondragon's mind gem is greater than Despero's Flame of Pytar. The mind gem is not infinite in power. it only becomes infinite in power when linked with the power gem.

Galactus was recharging and he wasn't comtose he was fully aware of his surroundings, Galactus was pissed when Thanos disrespected him, and killed the link, and Thanos has enetered his mind more than once. The Mind gem is still more powerful than despero alone, anybody with good mental difference can resist the mind gem which Thanos, when he uses all of his pisonic energy to prevent beibgs entering his mind.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Galactus was recharging and he wasn't comtose he was fully aware of his surroundings, Galactus was pissed when Thanos disrespected him, and killed the link, and Thanos has enetered his mind more than once. The Mind gem is still more powerful than despero alone, anybody with good mental difference can resist the mind gem which Thanos, when he uses all of his pisonic energy to prevent beibgs entering his mind.

And tell me, exacty how powerful is Despero's Tp since you know so much about where he would fit in the Marvel U. Who coudl he win against in TP?

the Darkone
Originally posted by UniOmni
I equate Jonn with Xavier. Relative equals.

Despero owns Jonn in t/p.

Xavier enters Galactus's mind. I'd say Jonn could do the same.

Despero is a beast above the top tier, imo. As is Thanos.

The only thing Thanos has going for him, is his weird Eternal psy immunity thing, as well as his insane durability.

Plus as a eternal Thanos can amp his abilities at will like all eternals and plus he has two upgrades by Death, and we really don't know how truly powerful Thanos has become. Thanos powers are greater than Despero point blank, Thanos can manipulate all forms of energy cosmic energy especially, rearrange molecules organic and inorganic, increase his metabolism, telekinesis, telepathy, pisonic, plus his tech and his ear omnipotent intelligences which gives a great advantage over Despero.

the Darkone
Only beings that can f**k with despero and beat him would be Adam Warlock, Man-beast, Exodus, Thanos, Onslaught, Overmind (6 beings in his mind). And overmind could very well be the most powerful telepath of all eternals, he controled a whole planet while fighting.

hitemup
thanos will win. he will just reject death

manorastroman
i think we can assume that desperos TP will be useless, considering Thanos' own skill in that area as well as his "weird eternal immunity".

Mider999
i really dont think that even thanos could take beatings from all the super heros despero has and laugh it off, has thanos ever beaten all of the heralds at once......and it has to be canon of course.

the Darkone
Thanos will do alot worse what Despero did. Thanos has more raw power and advance tech than despero, and Thanos always has prep which means total domination. Thanos defeated the maker who is more powerful than the team Despero beat down, please maker will blink despero ass out of existences.

Horrificus
Originally posted by hitemup
thanos will win. he will just reject death But, what if Thanos fights Despero in the DC universe?
With no protection from the MU Death.

Juntai
please maker will blink despero ass out of existences. Hmm..

complexbrother
thats the one.
That makes Thanos not so impressive.
Lobo would serve that chump. lol.
Lobo takes nukes and nuke level attacks to the face at least twice a comic, then lights a cigar and kills everyone.

You must have never read Infinity Gauntlet. because if you did you'll know that Thanos lut himself be flung away from the heroes by Thor under the guise of having a nuclear bomb and about to detinate it. Thanos knew that the device was no threat to him and he used Thor for his unseemly escape, and outa range of the other heroes he teleported to an unnamed planet to think about his life.

Thanos is in the top 10 of non abstract powerhouses in comics.

galan7777777
Based on feats Thanos takes the majority 8/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by complexbrother
You must have never read Infinity Gauntlet. because if you did you'll know that Thanos lut himself be flung away from the heroes by Thor under the guise of having a nuclear bomb and about to detinate it. Thanos knew that the device was no threat to him and he used Thor for his unseemly escape, and outa range of the other heroes he teleported to an unnamed planet to think about his life.

Thanos is in the top 10 of non abstract powerhouses in comics.

OH really? I'm gonna have to look this up and just see about this statement.

complexbrother
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4845339

what this don't show is Thanos slamming together the heads of the thing and the Hulk, Backslapping Drax and Thor like they were red headed step-children, punching out Hercules, and basicly outpowering the marvel heroes.

complexbrother
OH really? I'm gonna have to look this up and just see about this statement. please do and make sure you get to the end of the story where Warlock with the IG goes and visits Thanos, and thats where you know what happend .

nvrbeenwthagirl
NOn Abstract power houses in Comics who would beat Thano's Ass
Galactus ( Some say he's not an abstract)
Yuga Khan
High Father
Darkseid
Tyrant
Odin
The Runner
DC Zeus
Shazam
Mr. Mxy
Takion
Insane Genis Vell
Sentry
Morg WOL
KC Gog
Doomsday
Superman 1M
Superboy Prime
Dr. Strange
Dr. Fate
Orion
and this is off top of my head. So Maybe you should rethink the whole Thanos is one of the top ten most powerful non abstract beings in comics.

galan7777777
NOn Abstract power houses in Comics who would beat Thano's Ass
Galactus ( Some say he's not an abstract)
Yuga Khan
High Father
Darkseid
Tyrant
Odin
The Runner
DC Zeus
Shazam
Mr. Mxy
Takion
Insane Genis Vell
Sentry
Morg WOL
and this is off top of my head. So Maybe you should rethink the whole Thanos is one of the top ten most powerful non abstract beings in comics. i agreed with the list untill i saw Sentry, and then i just started laughing, Sentry has no feats that would put him anywhere near Thanos's league....

golem370
Debatable

The Runner
DC Zeus
Shazam
Mr. Mxy
Takion
Insane Genis Vell
Sentry
Morg WOL
and this is off top of my head. So Maybe you should rethink the whole Thanos is one of the top ten most powerful non abstract beings in comics.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by galan7777777
i agreed with the list untill i saw Sentry, and then i just started laughing, Sentry has no feats that would put him in Thanos's league....

I put Sentry on there cuz I think he's got a lot more feats coming. Plus he really does control nearly limitless energy. his few feats do suggest he's got a lot more coming. But heh, one person still doesn't negate the fact that Thanos is not one of the top ten most powerful non abstracts in comics.

golem370
Runner would lose
Sentry would lose
Morg would lose
I believe Mxy will lose he is a jobber
I doubt Genis could beat Thanos
DC's Zeus don't know much about him.

galan7777777
I put Sentry on thier cuz I think he's got a lot more feats coming. Plus he really does control nearly limitless energy. his few feats do suggest he's got a lot more coming. we will know if he lives up to his hype within the next few "New Avengers" issues, but to date his feats dont really compare to Thanos.....

But heh, one person still doesn't negate the fact that Thanos is not one of the top ten most powerful non abstracts in comics. i agree, Thanos is powerful but i wouldnt put him in the top 10, mabye the top 20-25

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by golem370
Runner would lose
Sentry would lose
Morg would lose

Where have you been? thanos had to use an outside object to beat the runner. He doesn't have the power to beat the runner
Sentry could just make copies of himself to fight thanos.
Even a jobber aura of Mxy isn't enough for Thanos to gain a win over a being with Infinite power. Please. Mxy could mess up over and over and just reset time until he wins. And that is of course IF mxy decides to be nice and make up rules to the game to which he doesn't even have to follow. Insane Genis will curb stomp thanos any day. And DC Zeus is on par with Odin. Thanos is NOT in the top ten most powerful non Asbtract beings in comics.

galan7777777
Runner would lose
Sentry would lose
Morg would lose
Runner can beat Thanos easily via speedblitz (as he has done in the past)

Sentry (who has no outstanding feats) wouldnt win

Morg /w/ WOL should beat Thanos

Mxy could easily beat Thanos

Genis would be very close

DC Zeus im not sure, but Marvel's Zues would win

nvrbeenwthagirl
Runner can beat Thanos easily via speedblitz (as he has done in the past)

Sentry (who has no outstanding feats) wouldnt win

Morg /w/ WOL should beat Thanos

Mxy could easily beat Thanos

Genis would be very close

DC Zeus im not sure, but Marvel's Zues would win

DC Zeus is shown to be as strong or Nearly as strong as Shazam and High Father. So yeah, DC zeus is HIGH on the totem pole.

galan7777777
DC Zeus is shown to be as strong or Nearly as strong as Shazam and High Father. So yeah, DC zeus is HIGH on the totem pole. well if thats true then id agree, but marvels zues could win as well

nvrbeenwthagirl
well if thats true then id agree, but marvels zues could win as well

I'm sure Marvel's Zeus would win. At any rate, someone tried to make Thanos more than he was and I just couldnt' let that ride. Hell the Infinity Man can beat Thanos. Even Darkseid considers him a threat.

juggernaut66666
Runner would lose
Sentry would lose
Morg would lose
runner has already taken care of thanos
sentry would loose
Morg with wol would possibly beat him
Mr.mxy loosing to thanos???? laughing laughing
Insane genis-vell would beat thanos Imo
dc Zeus would smoke thanos

Thanos_THOTU
Than again: http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/89/thanosgalactusvg2.jpg

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Than again: http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/89/thanosgalactusvg2.jpg
and what should we do with this?

Thanos_THOTU
First left-klick on it, and than reead it and than undertsand it than close it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
and what should we do with this?

Really. lol. Thanos catching big G off guard and knocking him down in no way even begins to attempt to say that Thanos could beat Big G. Thanos stood by while Aegis and Tenebrious did all the work to beat Big G. And it took Two of them. Lol the gall of some people. LOL. Ur right, what are we supposed to do with this?

galan7777777
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Than again: http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/89/thanosgalactusvg2.jpg yeah, heres what happened after that: big grin
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus27ey.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus35rc.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus48na.jpg wink

juggernaut66666
yeah, heres what happened after that: big grin
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus27ey.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus35rc.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus48na.jpg wink
Damn you I wanted to post that mad stick out tongue

galan7777777
Damn you I wanted to post that mad stick out tongue lol, i beat you to it smile

juggernaut66666
Really. lol. Thanos catching big G off guard and knocking him down in no way even begins to attempt to say that Thanos could beat Big G. Thanos stood by while Aegis and Tenebrious did all the work to beat Big G. And it took Two of them. Lol the gall of some people. LOL. Ur right, what are we supposed to do with this?
Tenebrous was already beating the shit out of big G just check the picture before Aegis screws big G's mind Galactus was badly wounded and struggling

nvrbeenwthagirl
Some people refuse to see the Light of my Wisdom. smile. Thanos is not in the top ten most powerful non abstract beings in comics. It's funny for people to even try to suggest he is. He even had to use TECHNOLOGY to put up a force field against Galactus. He knew he couldn't couldn't conjure up a force field of his own power that would even slow Big G.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Tenebrous was already beating the shit out of big G just check the picture before Aegis screws big G's mind Galactus was badly wounded and struggling

It looked to me more like Big G and Big T where hurting each other badly. Galactus was putting up a good fight.

galan7777777
Some people refuse to see the Light of my Wisdom. smile. Thanos is not in the top ten most powerful non abstract beings in comics. It's funny for people to even try to suggest he is. He even had to use TECHNOLOGY to put up a force field against Galactus. He knew he couldn't couldn't conjure up a force field of his own power that would even slow Big G. the only way he was ever in the top 10 is when he had the IG or the HOTU, without them he is in the top 20-25 mabye

and in the other list you made you didnt put beings like
Ion
Parallax
Lucifer
Spectre stick out tongue

juggernaut66666
no tenebrous didn't even had a scratch on him while galactus's armour was falling apart and he was shaking
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8522/1nn3.th.jpg

Sixth_Winged

"Beating the shit?" So a mere one single-ear protrusion falling means getting the shit beaten out of?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
"Beating the shit?" So a mere one single-ear protrusion falling means getting the shit beaten out of?
ok then he was just beating him

Inhuman
lol more thanos hating i see. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Keep trying to convince yourselves he is as weak as you make him out to be.
Maybe that will take your minds off supes beating the crap out of DS. wink

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Inhuman
lol more thanos hating i see. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Keep trying to convince yourselves he is as weak as you make him out to be.
Maybe that will take your minds off supes beating the crap out of DS. wink
thanos got beaten by Squirrel Girl and stabbed by wolverine wink

Inhuman
thanos got beaten by Squirrel Girl and stabbed by wolverine wink

riiight.smile
Thats why your quick to jump on anything thanos realted to TRY(keyword) to make him look like a chump. LOL.
And Squirrel Girls pwns all! And Wolverine beat Lobo. whats your point?

juggernaut66666
riiight.smile
Thats why your quick to jump on anything thanos realted to TRY(keyword) to make him look like a chump. LOL.
And Squirl Girls pwns all! And Wolverine beat Lobo. whats your point?
See even the police is handling thanos

nvrbeenwthagirl
riiight.smile
And Squirrel Girls pwns all! And Wolverine beat Lobo. whats your point?

The point is someone dared suggest that Thanos was in the top ten most powerful non abstracts in comics. He's not. Not eve close. If I did my home work and read all of my comics, I could come up with at least 30 that can put him in an early grave.

galan7777777
yeah heres wolvie stabbing Thanos, PIS!

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolviestabsthanosyk9.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>