BlazBlue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Konton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnvgDkU_Rsc

Discuss.

I am who I am
Oh, hell, yeah! I'm gonna be playin' the shit outta this game. Ragna The Blood Edge is just badass. This game better be as good as the other GGs. Cuz I played the shit outta those bad boiz.

Konton
It's a lesser known fighter, but it's getting better reviews then KOFXII.

It's also the spiritual ancestor of Guilty Gear, so it's gunna be boss. And each character is so unique and balanced that the limited roster doesn't even phase me.

I am who I am
Seriously? I'm gonna have to check and see about that. I didn't even know the game was out yet. I reserved the Special Edition, too. Small rosters are okay, imo, when a game is just startin' out.

Konton
It's not out yet. Unless your friends with the manager at Gamestop.

eek!

Wei Phoenix
What system?

Konton
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
What system?

PS3 and 360.
I have it for 360.

It's more so aimed at hardcore fighting gamers then casuals, though. That's why it doesn't get much press.

Wei Phoenix
I'll get it and I have a 360

Konton
The Limited Edition sets come out in three days, and most stores that have them are for pre-orders. If you plan to get it, order it online asap.

They won't be selling the standard edition for a while.

FeelGood
What's so great about this game anyway?

I am who I am
Originally posted by Konton
It's not out yet. Unless your friends with the manager at Gamestop.

eek! Yeah, I just called and they said I could pick mine up on the 29th. This game looks so badass and I read the reviews and they say the game plays solid. Gameplay has always mattered more to me than looks anyway.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by I am who I am
Yeah, I just called and they said I could pick mine up on the 29th. This game looks so badass and I read the reviews and they say the game plays solid. Gameplay has always mattered more to me than looks anyway.

The same day MVC2 comes out!

Konton
Originally posted by FeelGood
What's so great about this game anyway?

It's pretty much a sequel to Guilty Gear. And Guilty Gear (IMO) tops every other 2d fighter.

I am who I am
I heard MVC2 got delayed.

Wei Phoenix
Seriously?

FeelGood
It's pretty much a sequel to Guilty Gear. And Guilty Gear (IMO) tops every other 2d fighter.

I don't see what's so great about that either TBH.

I'll give it another try I guess.

Konton
I'll spell it out for you.

-The story mode supposedly has 30+ hours of gameplay.

-The worst matchup in the game goes 6/4. It's a very balanced game. You won't be having any impossible matches here (like Sagat vs Vega for example).

-The game looks beautiful. KOFXII doesn't have jack on the detail they spent on this game.

-Superb online experience. There's like a little lag during the loading time before your first match, then it just synchs and you have a perfect connection. I have yet to experience any lag at all.

-Drives create a unique experience

-It's depth greatly surpasses SF4. Not to denounce SF or anything, but BlazBlue has much more options and more to look out for (It's got more bars on the HUD then any other fighter for example).

FeelGood
Sounds good, I don't really like the look of the gameplay and graphics but I'll give the GG games a try until I can play this one at least.

Wei Phoenix
What comes in the LE version?

Konton

Wei Phoenix
You should've told us about this game much earlier.

SaTsuJiN
-The game looks beautiful. KOFXII doesn't have jack on the detail they spent on this game.

Yeah but KOF doesnt look as stiff as Hokuto no Ken.. this does

Zack Fair
I'll spell it out for you.

-The story mode supposedly has 30+ hours of gameplay.

-The worst matchup in the game goes 6/4. It's a very balanced game. You won't be having any impossible matches here (like Sagat vs Vega for example).

-Superb online experience. There's like a little lag during the loading time before your first match, then it just synchs and you have a perfect connection. I have yet to experience any lag at all.

-Drives create a unique experience

-It's depth greatly surpasses SF4. Not to denounce SF or anything, but BlazBlue has much more options and more to look out for (It's got more bars on the HUD then any other fighter for example).

Vega beating Sagat being impossible? If anything I'd say Zangief actually laying his hands on Seth is "almost" impossible, but still possible.

Black Yoshi
This game looks awesome, and I wouldn't mind playing it.

I saw the trailer for the game, and the girl with the umbrella (who was in the video in the opening post) looks like a fun character.

Quincy
I want this game very much so.

Jin looks like I can beast with.

jalek moye
i'm buying it today

jalek moye
playing now awesome game

is a must buy if you liked guilty gear

Konton
Originally posted by Black Yoshi
This game looks awesome, and I wouldn't mind playing it.

I saw the trailer for the game, and the girl with the umbrella (who was in the video in the opening post) looks like a fun character.

You mean Rachel Alucard.

Yea, the Limited Edition's are sold out at most Gamestops by now. But you should be able to buy the regular editions. It's so dumb for me though because I got the LE version of the game on the release date and my XBOX crashed on me before I even got to play it. It'll be like three weeks before I get to even try it. It's been getting unusually high reviews for being such a niche game. KOF on the other hand is tanking hard.

ugh

SaTsuJiN
KOF on the other hand is tanking hard.

ugh Source?.. cuz while blazblue is nice and all.. it doesnt do nearly as much as it could have with the drive system, IMO

Konton
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm68/badebay/misc/kof12-oxm_review.jpg

I know the magazine sucks, but I totally agree.

SaTsuJiN
you agree because you've played the game?..

Konton
I was lucky enough to play it in a Japanese arcade for a short while this last spring. And I think the game's been going downhill for years.

Not having Mai is reason enough to ignore this game.

SaTsuJiN
I can definitely go with "the character(s) that I like aren't in this game" to be a very valid reason to dislike it.. but that review was probably the worst review I've ever read.. aside from it not being more than 3 or 4 paragraphs ( laughing out loud ), he doesnt really touch down in further detail about any of his statements.. mind you he's not a blogger or just a friend giving an opinion.. he's supposed to be getting paid to really detail the games experience on multiple fronts.. and he doesnt even really touch down on the surface...

I think if you're going to call something like KOFXII crap (as with BlazBlue, or SFIV, etc etc).. then I really want to hear some good fairly detailed reasons.. I mean who whines about the background being too busy?... does the author have A.D.D. or something?.. I really don't get it.. the funny thing is, I'm pretty sure SFIV got like a 9.5 or something...

I really wish they'd let fighting game pro's do the reviewing and not just people who want to go for a button-mash romp through story mode, judging it along the way

One time a while back.. gamepro had given Psychic Force for ps1, like a 3.0 or something with a "mediocre" rating, and did nothing but trash the game.. but when I picked it up it quickly became one of my favorite fighting franchises..

DLC can easily pick up the roster if they bother with that though..
----------

anyways.. I checked the DLC for BB yesterday.. and they have like extra colors on sale for microsoft points -_-..... I really wish they were unlockable instead

I am who I am
I KINDA like this game more than SFIV. This game aint as good as a fighter, but man, the presentation is GOOD. This is KOFXII's true rival and knowin' what I know thus far, it seem like this is the best 2D fighter this year. This is IMO, dammit.

NemeBro
This game is great.

I played it today at a friend's house, and fans of the Guilty Gear franchise should love it.

My best characters are Ragna, Iron Tager, Bang Shishigami(Like Dan, only not a joke character lol), and Hakumen.

I-Drop
Looks like an awesome game. Shits on KOF XII from what I've seen.

Sado22
ditto. good post.

dude, this is why i always say: phuck the critics.
critics are ignorant dipshits who go around getting paid for giving opinions just like any other tom, penis and harry in this world only they act like they are unbiased, down the middle callers when anyone with half a braincell can see the gobbets of prejudiced, pre-planned bullshite in their reviews. no one on this planet is unbiased when it comes to things so why assume that critics are?

if reviews are actually done by machines, then there's unbiased critic. but until then this is how it goes:
1. make up your own mind. if you haven't played it/watched it, shut up.
2. never give in to opinions of ANYONE. have you own mind.
3. especially if that's someone is a critic who tells you what to think of a game, a movie or a book because s/he's getting paid for it and somehow that means that he isn't prejudiced and we're supposed to think that they don't have moods, personal issues and pre-conceptions involved in their "critique" and that they are magically aware of ALL aspects of a franchise.

~Sado
P.S. SF4 got 9/10 on most reviews no expression
P.S.S. this alone chokes to death what ever little respect and hope i might have had for people

I am who I am
Haukumen.... I hate that dude! If you ever played Samurai Shodwn, you will realize that he is every thing thats wrong wit that game. 3 Slashes and your damn near dead.

This guy can't be tourney legal.

NemeBro
Originally posted by I am who I am
Haukumen.... I hate that dude! If you ever played Samurai Shodwn, you will realize that he is every thing thats wrong wit that game. 3 Slashes and your damn near dead.

This guy can't be tourney legal. Lol wut?

First of all, the guy has high damage per hit, yes, but it is nothing compared to that of say, Iron Tager. Who takes nearly a third of your health with one quick, easily pulled-off throw. Also, he is not particularly fast, with his sword at least, and using just that will get you fvcked up bad by anyone who knows how to really play. Because of this, it is a good idea to exploit his ability to do counters, doing this causes damage and can set opponents up for using that soopa strong blade.

Also, you overrated the damage it does.

Black Yoshi
I just played this game a couple of hours ago, and it's awesome. My main fighter right now is Rachel Alucard since she has some interesting attacks.

NemeBro
I am not really much for the "trap" game personally. That is her main style of play.

I am who I am
Originally posted by NemeBro
Lol wut?

First of all, the guy has high damage per hit, yes, but it is nothing compared to that of say, Iron Tager. Who takes nearly a third of your health with one quick, easily pulled-off throw. Also, he is not particularly fast, with his sword at least, and using just that will get you fvcked up bad by anyone who knows how to really play. Because of this, it is a good idea to exploit his ability to do counters, doing this causes damage and can set opponents up for using that soopa strong blade.

Also, you overrated the damage it does. Iron Tager is slow as shit, tho. Haukumen's speed is basic. Counter, 3 Slash combo, super and you almost won. I geuss that's why he's a sub boss.

Impediment
I have considered buying this game for some time now. As far as 2-D fighters go, this looks awesome.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Overdose
Iron Tager is slow as shit, tho. Haukumen's speed is basic. Counter, 3 Slash combo, super and you almost won. I geuss that's why he's a sub boss. Cannot believe I forgot to answer this.

No, Hakumen is one of the slowest characters in the game, second only to, you guessed it, Tager. He is a counter character, so of course he has brutal counters.

The only cheap characer is Nu v-13...If you can use her, she is nigh-unbeatable, so much so that I heard a patch is being released to nerf her.

Also, Imped, I would highly recommend it, it is the best fighting game released this year IMO.

On another note, Bang Shishigami is one of the manliest characters ever conceived.

Ms.Marvel
according to various people ive heard from only spend money to buy blazblu if youre really competitive... otherwise it doesnt hold a lot of reply value, even less then usual fighting games.

NemeBro
Well I play fighting games soley for the vs. modes...That's what their main purpose is.

The game actually has a really good plot though, so I cannot figure out why that would be.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
according to various people ive heard from only spend money to buy blazblu if youre really competitive... otherwise it doesnt hold a lot of reply value, even less then usual fighting games.

I think one can say that the replay value can be found just in the learning / mastering of each character.. not just simple (and sometimes silly) costumes and other things that dont really affect gameplay..

but BB has a rather extensive storymode.. its just that its one of those games where you have to win or lose, then save to progress each persons story.. the way they did it was retarded.. but they have FAQ's to help you obtain 100% of the story

Overdose
Cannot believe I forgot to answer this.

No, Hakumen is one of the slowest characters in the game, second only to, you guessed it, Tager. He is a counter character, so of course he has brutal counters.

The only cheap characer is Nu v-13...If you can use her, she is nigh-unbeatable, so much so that I heard a patch is being released to nerf her.

Also, Imped, I would highly recommend it, it is the best fighting game released this year IMO.

On another note, Bang Shishigami is one of the manliest characters ever conceived. Haukumen is not that slow to me. He is reminiscent of Ryu in MVC2, IMO. I just find it pretty hard to beat a guy who can kill you in 2 combos.

V-13 is a bich, tho, obviously 1 of the cheapest bosses to date. And Bang's super sayin move has to be one of the best supers I have ever seen. What a man.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Overdose
Haukumen is not that slow to me. He is reminiscent of Ryu in MVC2, IMO. I just find it pretty hard to beat a guy who can kill you in 2 combos.

V-13 is a bich, tho, obviously 1 of the cheapest bosses to date. And Bang's super sayin move has to be one of the best supers I have ever seen. What a man. Meh, I disagree, I play Hakumen as one of my mains and have trouble with a great deal of opponents, particularly Noel, the *****.

Yeah, Nu sucks ass to fight when the person knows what they are doing.

Indeed, Bang is so manly he is practically suffering from Testosterone Poisoning.

Overdose
Why doesn't anyone wanna play Blazblue any more? I think a sequel is in order.

NemeBro
Who doesn't wanna play BlazBlue now?

Overdose
Er time me and the gang and decide to play VGs, they wanna play Madden, SFIV or Batman. We played BB alot but it's kinda like Guilty Gear, now. They put so much into the game, more than most other fighters but the fun still doesn't last very long. What is it that's missing?

NemeBro
Your good taste? estahuh

Overdose
Yea, I have Great taste. Not Good.

No End N Site
Blazblue: Continuum Shift, anyone care? I thought BBCT was badass at 1st, but it's just "okay" now, rather play T6 and SFIV, weird. Still, if Continuum Shift is DLC, I am down. If not, they better add more than 2 characters and 3 stages or Aksys can go to hell.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. thats never the japanese way

besides, its not just 2 chars / 3 stages.. they made numerous changes to each character (as each fighter usually does), based on high level tourney play

I didnt really care about BB.. and I'm fairly certain CS will be no different
my roomie on the other hand loves it a lot..

Zakiyama (Haz) vs Shadow (Tsu)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9161053

Zakiyama (Haz) vs Kakyun (Hak)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9161132

No End N Site
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. thats never the japanese way

besides, its not just 2 chars / 3 stages.. they made numerous changes to each character (as each fighter usually does), based on high level tourney play

I didnt really care about BB.. and I'm fairly certain CS will be no different
my roomie on the other hand loves it a lot..

Zakiyama (Haz) vs Shadow (Tsu)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9161053

Zakiyama (Haz) vs Kakyun (Hak)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9161132 5 or 6 charatcers, plus the 3 new stages, PLUS the game tweaks would be enough for me. I'm glad that Rachel and V-13 are gettin' toned down and I hope that Arakune get's the same treatment. BB is a game I don't regret buyin' and I really do enjoy it but it just aint my cup of tea.

FistOfThe North
got this game yesterday. it got high scores all across the board by numerous top game rating sites.

i'll i have to say that it's the best looking 2d fighting game i've ever seen in my life. the gameplay's kinda cool too. (still getting used to it)

the whole thing kinda reminds me of guilty gear.

No End N Site
Thought this was good but got bored pretty quick I'm hopin' that the new edition will give me a reason to play this beautiful lookin' game again. CONTINUUM SHIFT anyone?

NIEK24uCO0c

You bastards better add more than 3 characters.

NemeBro
They are only adding 3 characters (One of whom is just a remake of Nu), and this game is much better than Streetfighter IV. smile

No End N Site
They are only adding 3 characters (One of whom is just a remake of Nu), and this game is much better than Streetfighter IV smile
I disagree wit you so much I have an erection.

I also hope they add more than 3 characters.

Esomark
I've helped some of my friends see that just because a game is 2D doesn't mean it's dated through BB. When I first saw the game, I thought it would be GG-lite but that changed after playing it at an anime convention and then receiving it for my birthday a couple months later.
I still play GG but BB feels more like the full meal deal to me. Can't wait for Continuum Shift so I can beat up Hazama/Terumi!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.