Knights of the Old Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mujaffa
when too release in europe????

it looks sweeet Happy Dance a must have

Dexx
i think one of these was already openned. Anyway..this spring i think.

Mujaffa
(don't bloody care) damn that's a very long time

hayden's minx
April in the UK and the Netherlands - Don't kno bout anywhere else but i know that its only on Xbox good job i got one now that game looks sooo good.

Ushgarak
COming on PC after. Was originally a PC game after all!

Mujaffa
http://www.bioware.com/_global/images/mainpages/sw_splash_logo.jpg

Julie
It does look good....but I forget the release date...I guess that will make it nicer when it does come out:-)

Mujaffa
Hell yeah

Julie
maybe I'll be out of school by that time and then I can play until my head hurts....

Julie
No video games here at school...at least not x-box....too time consuming...and addictive.

Mujaffa
then your lucky stick out tongue

spidermanfan
iv heard a lot about this game and wanted to know what you all thought. iv heard its supposed to be unfreaking real. tell me some about it please.

Dexx
this is NOT PC role playing! You post this in the EU forum.

Captain REX
...Which there is already a threat of...

Julie
go to the www.xbox.com and look for kotor....I think there is also an official site which tells a bunch of info on the game....
BTW how much longer!!!!!!

finti
this is the eu forum

Julie
any news on this game yet....they say "spring 2003" but when exactly do they mean?

duffy

Captain REX
Jolee Bindo looks like he's got a lot of Force powers under his belt...

Ushgarak
How can they 'announce' the PC version? It is a bloody PC game! The X-Box version slipped in halfway through development and is now being released first but to 'announce' a PC version now simply does that twice.

Captain REX
Do you think it will hit the GC?

yerssot
if it's on x-box, I doubt it

Captain REX
Oh damn...

They did it for Jedi Outcast though. That's an encouraging thought.

yerssot
I'm here to get you depressed

Captain REX
Oh yeah, I remember now... sad

yerssot
devil

Captain REX
*cowers in fear*

Where's Mech's pillows when you need em...

yerssot
stolen by aliens alien

Captain REX
They are among us... eek!

yerssot
*points to gordon* wink

Captain REX
*blasts gordon*

Wait, he wasn't an alien...Gordon!!! NO!!!!!!!!

yerssot
thought he was a time lord?

Bespin Bart
Time Lord? You said he was an alien...

yerssot
he later on said he was a time lord

Julie
ok....anyway.......I hope this game just hurries up and releases soon I wanna play!

Captain REX
Cool little tidbit I found. Depending on which side you go to, your character's image changes. If you fall to the Dark-side, for example, your character will become more agressive looking and darker.

Metroplex
heres the official website i think
http://www.bioware.com/

Captain REX
That's the company that helped make it. Basically it has two official sites.

yerssot
and this one:
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/

Captain REX
Yep, that's the one.

Mist
knights of the old republic will be the damn best game ever to come from star wars. will you be able to create your own custom hilt?

yerssot
the "damn best" game ever to come from starwars will be JA without a doubt!

Captain REX
Custom hilt won't be in KOTOR, but it will be in JA. big grin

KOTOR will still be a great game though. First one set in the times around the Sith Wars.

Julie
I've heard it comes out July 16th...is it true?

Captain REX
I wouldn't know...

yerssot
the x-box version yes

Celsius
i have a movie of it (trailer) hehe. you probably have it to.
i think its set shortly afer the sith war. or mandalorian war. you get to have a mandalorian in your party.

Captain REX
Yeah, I've figured that out Celsius. The main site tells you about the characters and timeline.

yerssot
don't have very high expectations of this game though

Captain REX
Still looks good though.

yerssot
of course, of course, but I doubt it brings something new and great to the sw-community

Evil Windu
Cant wait till this game comes out ! Im not fan of RPGs but hell its STAR WARS !! and IMO its a must buy !! Oh yeah, Heres a link of a 21 min KOTOR preview that was shown at this years E3 !!

http://www.xblgamers.com/KOTOR/

Enjoi..

Julie
I will buy it:-)

justinday15
On www.ebgames.com it says KOTOR comes out July 15th.

hayden's minx
i thort it was xbox only

yerssot
nope, PC too, that will be for this fall

cookies2006
yea, same for galaxies. It's out for pc but sumtime this fall or winter it comes out for xbox and stuff.

LanceWindu
Will this game be on PS2 at all?

I'm getting a PS2 this week.

yerssot
no, pc and x-box

LanceWindu
Damn, do you know any good Star Wars games on PS2?

yerssot
The Clone Wars is for PS2...

LanceWindu
I may rent that before I get it.

Any others? Besides Jedi Outcast?

yerssot
not that I know of, sorry

Star wars is more a Nintendo/PC thingie

LanceWindu
Shoot.

But even just one game will be nice.

Especially if they come out with Jedi Academy for PS2 like Outcast.

yerssot
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/features.htm

JA... PC and Xbox... don't see PS2...

LanceWindu
Why wouldn't they put it on PS2? I mean they have JO on it.

yerssot
oh! gotcha smile

LanceWindu
What ever.

Back on topic now.

cookies2006
Cant wait until next tuesday for this game. My friends said they already saw the commercial on TV for it.

justinday15
A good game for PS2 is Bounty Hunter.

cookies2006
Yea thats one of my fav. I cant beat it though. I played it for GC.

justinday15
yes

cookies2006
Yea thats the best SW game available right now for PS2.

justinday15
Anyone here buying kotor tomorrow??

justinday15
Does anyone have KOTOR yet?? Is it good?

Lucas Sucks!
I was wating for this game to come... I really dont know much about it and i dont know if i should buy it or not? has anyone here has?? is it good? better than Jedi Outcast?? how are the Graphics and the Gameplay?? I didnt liked the models in Jedi Outcast they were really really bad... how are these??

cookies2006
Yea i think they are pretty good. Xbox just has a lil different graphics but over all , so far its a buy kind of game.

LanceWindu
This doesn't belong in here.

It belongs in Literature & EU

cookies2006
I got it. Yep it pretty good so far!

Lucas Sucks!
does the PC version looks better than the X-Box??

Rogue Jedi
lance is right. wrong forum.

cookies2006
This is the literature and eu forum buddies. And i've never seen the graphics for it on pc.

justinday15
Has anyone got off the first planet yet? It's pretty hard.

KidRock
the games not out yet.....

Evil Windu
Awesome game... Im no fan of RPGs, I just got it because its Star Wars and another title to add to my SWs collection...

justinday15: Im still on the first planet, Just beaten the Rancor Monster.

KidRock
this game kicks ass on Xbox trust me man get it. I already have my red double bladed lighsaber if anyone needs help on the game just PM me.

LanceWindu
I wish I could get it for PC.

But I have absolutely no money.

ToMacco
I'm not even off the first planet yet. I'm a peacemaker. I'm way up on the light side of the force.

I'll probably play through the game twice. One time as a Jedi, then I'll do all the smart ass comments to become an evil Jedi.

LanceWindu
That would be sweet.

I'd love to be a Sith in a video game like that.

I just wonder how the game would end if you're a Sith.

cookies2006
I just got my padawan rights. I got the green lightsaber. Gonna go to the dark side.

Lucas Sucks!
DAMN!!!!!! it doesnt exists on PC! where did i got the idea! its only for X- box
i went to buy it today...damn!

finti
it will be out on pc later, august maybe early september

cookies2006
yea soon enough. Now i need jedi academy.

Julie
I wonder how many threads are going to be made for this game....I finally got mine......for the x-box....it is an awesome game...of course I got the cheat book too....I have to finish the game or get very close to it in a few weeks because then school starts up again and I will have to forgo the 7-8 hour video gaming sessions.

Captain REX
ToMacco's plan sounds pretty good. First time: a complete angel and help everyone in need. Second time: Kill as many innocent bystanders as possible.

cookies2006
yea i thought of that too. im goin bad first.

JediOasis
I beat the game last night as the good Jedi and now I'm going through as a bad guy. Its the only game I've ever beaten then actually looked forward to playing it again right away. This is by far and away the single greatest video game ever. If anybody needs help just ask and anyone who has doubts about buying KOTOR I highly recommend it to everybody, even if you don't like RPG's, because I used to not like them either.

justinday15
I'm stuck on Mannan, i already found the star map, but i can't beat darth bandon and the two dark jedi.

Captain REX
Haha. stick out tongue

I don't have the game, so you're farther than me.

Ajunta_Pall
If anyone figures out what to do after finding Casus's diary on dantoonie let me know what to do with it. Other than that I've made it through the game a few times now and still finding new things.

cookies2006
yea im almost threw it too. along with justinday15.

justinday15
I'm on the star forge, and it's pretty hard.

Captain REX
Stop, you're making me want to steal it or rob a bank so I can buy it...

Mist
*moans*
all this talk is making me want to kill someone for this game
or i could just wait for it to come out

Celsius
A whole month b4 it comes out in australia. mad

Julie
Sorry I've been out of it for quite awhile guys, but I've spent at least 200 hours just playing KOTOR since it released....that's crazy, but the game is very addicting. I have the cheat book so I could finish it before school started....that book is awesome....anyway......Cassus' Diary should go to his father in the sandral estate....when you talk tot he droid at the door tell him Casus is dead...that will get you in the door....and then you talk to Mr. Sandral. Tell him Casus is dead...killed by Kath Hounds or you could be mean and say Casus was a Kath Hound chew toy anyway....give mr sandral the diary and he leaves...Rahasia his daughter comes and talks to you...BE NICE to Rahasia....she gives you the key tot he side door of the Sandral estate. then you can go in and rescue Shen Matale.
I hope that helps.....
As for the star forge.....yikes talk about a lot of people comeing out of the walls and such......dozens of troopers and dark jedi assail you.....ouch.....by far the game is easiest with the soldier......it's also fun being evil:-0
ttyl

justinday15
I just beat it yesterday. I think its the best star wars game they've ever made. rock

Ajunta_Pall
I couldn't agree more Justin!! Julie I already rescued Shen so I am guessing the diary is useless now.

Also Julie I wonder does that book have a check list of Armors cause I am betting I've found all of the good armors. I knew how to make this game easy from the beginning seeing as I played the Rpg through the books before, like dexterity isn't important if you've heavy armor. I've Cassess Fett's armor which is +14 defense. lol

Captain REX
STOP!!! Ack, now I need to start...saving up my money...or kill somebody and take it...

cookies2006
yea i beat it today tryin to beat it with the light side now.(Im on the last level again.)

Dexx
when is it out for pc and what are it's hardware demands?

Captain REX
For one thing you've gotta have a damn good 3d accelerator card...

*curses heavily under breath*

Dexx
well..back home i have a GeForce 2 MX with 32 mb sdram.
But my processor's really bad....though

Celsius
i have a GeForce 4 mx 64 meg. 512 ram (getting 1024 soon) 1.7 gig AMD processor. and my sound card is brand spanking new, (cant remember what it is, soundblaster or something).

i think it'll run fine on my comp. big grin Cant wait. evil face

Dexx
i currently own 9back in romania) an AMD k6 - 2 350mhz ( thumb down ), 256 mb sd ram, geforce 2 mx 32 mb sdram..that's it..i know it sux..but i'm planning on getting a new one.
An athlon xp 2.4 ghz, 512 mb DDram, ati radeon 9700 pro II 128 mb ram, creative sound blaster pro.......yeah...in my dreams. i mean i have to have good grades and stuff to get it. sad

Celsius
Good grades????? whats does that mean???? stick out tongue

Dexx
we have digits instead of A B..so forth.
I probably have to have 8s and over.

Celsius
I was being sarcastic you bum laughing out loud

Captain REX
F Grade is great here in California. It means Fun Grade. A Grade is the worst. It mean Asswipe Grade. big grin

Blissbo
I just got this game about a month ago. I found myself going through everything just so I could get a lightsaber. After I got my lightsaber, it didn't seem like it was worth all the effort. It was definetely better than most star wars themed games but had way too many dead spots. Just my take on the game.

Julie
I find that using the force is more fun...and armor stops many of the force powers.....if you are light side.,....go to Korriban first to get the Qel Droma robes that are hidden behind the big monster thingy you kill to rescue the rogue sith students.....it's +5 defense.....the best or one of the best jedi robes you'll find.
I can't play the game anymore....until the weekends because I'm at college....but I still remeber most of the game.
keep at it....It's still good 10 times later

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.