Kingdom Come Flash vs Zoom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/kingdom.html

occultdestroyer
Stalemate maybe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Flash wins.

Besides his initial appearance, Zoom hasn't impressed me really. Bart kicked his ass, and "Wally > Bart" as shown. Yes he did kick everyone's ass in his initial appearance, but John's was writing that. After the stupidity with Grundy, I just decided to throw out any thing I knew about power levels when I picked up a Flash comic written by Johns. Wally ends up being a punching bag, all the time.

Harbinger
Zoom.

Galan007
zoom.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Bart kicked his ass, and "Wally > Bart" as shown.
Bart was amped by the entire Speed Force, and he didn't kick his ass. He outsmarted him by coming up through the ground and sticking him with a tranq dart to win.

KC Flash also has the entire Speed Force IIRC. But no dart plot device. So Zoom wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Enyalus
Bart was amped by the entire Speed Force, and he didn't kick his ass. He outsmarted him by coming up through the ground and sticking him with a tranq dart to win.

KC Flash also has the entire Speed Force IIRC. But no dart plot device. So Zoom wins.

The entire Speed Force? Wasn't it only a portion? It's been a while since I read the "Fastest Man Alive" mini. Weird, because as I recall, Wally with Quick's formula, was able to go toe to toe with him. With the entire Speed Force, Bart should be a god. Look at how powerful Wally is when he merged with a part of the Speed Force. He can't be contained by one plane of existence anymore and all that.

srug

Different writers....different takes....

Bart, vibrated underground, and punched him down. Zoom was on his knees and wasn't doing anything. Then Iris stepped in, shot at them tranquillizers. Zoom jumped at Bart, Bart tripped him, and shoved a tranquillizer in him. Zoom didn't impress me to much there.

Slaanesh
Flash

Enyalus
The entire Speed Force? Wasn't it only a portion? It's been a while since I read the "Fastest Man Alive" mini. Weird, because as I recall, Wally with Quick's formula, was able to go toe to toe with him. With the entire Speed Force, Bart should be a god. Look at how powerful Wally is when he merged with a part of the Speed Force. He can't be contained by one plane of existence anymore and all that.
Remember that after IC, everyone thinks the Speed Force just disappeared. Because all the speedster besides Jay were depowered. But that wasn't actually the case, because Bart had the entire thing within him...he was just keeping it a secret (to impress that young STAR labs doctor, no doubt).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Remember that after IC, everyone thinks the Speed Force just disappeared. Because all the speedster besides Jay were depowered. But that wasn't actually the case, because Bart had the entire thing within him...he was just keeping it a secret (to impress that young STAR labs doctor, no doubt).

Well, Bart had absorbed (Part/Whole) of it, after Prime escaped, so that he had the power to attempt what Wally would have done. I mean didn't the Speed Force apparently disappear right after the Flash's trapped Prime which was long before Prime escaped? It stayed gone, even when Bart came back. Because of the lack of recall, I assumed he only absorbed a portion of it, simply based on his power levels. He didn't do anything impressive at all. Didn't it take every single spark of the Speed Force inside of him, just to be faster than that photon cannon? Wally, went way past that in a single step without even trying in the past.

Enyalus
Well, Bart had absorbed (Part/Whole) of it, after Prime escaped, so that he had the power to attempt what Wally would have done. I mean didn't the Speed Force apparently disappear right after the Flash's trapped Prime which was long before Prime escaped? It stayed gone, even when Bart came back.
Bart had to absorb the whole thing in order to beat Superboy Prime back to Earth, to give the others warning.

Everyone thought it just disappeared, but Bart still had it in him. And then kept it a secret for most of "Fastest Man Alive."

The Photon cannon....wasn't that in like the 3rd or 4th issue of FMA? When Bart is still adjusting to having all that power, I think.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bart had to absorb the whole thing in order to beat Superboy Prime back to Earth, to give the others warning.

Everyone thought it just disappeared, but Bart still had it in him. And then kept it a secret for most of "Fastest Man Alive."

The Photon cannon....wasn't that in like the 3rd or 4th issue of FMA? When Bart is still adjusting to having all that power, I think.

Yea, he needed the boost. Still looking at his power levels, that's the entire Speed Force? That makes no sense in my opinion. It was just plot driven in my opinion.

That's what they thought when the Flash's left. That it disappeared. It just went with them. Then when Prime escaped, they gave Bart the boost to beat him back.

The Photon cannon was actually near the end, when he had plenty of time to practice his abilities.

Enyalus
The Photon cannon was actually near the end, when he had plenty of time to practice his abilities.
Ah. Been a long time since I read the maxi. facepalm @ that, then.

Photons go under light speed in the atmosphere....Then again, I seem to recall there being a big deal made about the particles actually traveling at light speed, so facepalm again.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ah. Been a long time since I read the maxi. facepalm @ that, then.

Photons go under light speed in the atmosphere....Then again, I seem to recall there being a big deal made about the particles actually traveling at light speed, so facepalm again.

Yea, it was stupid. Like I said, it's simply ridiculous to assume that Bart had the entire Speed Force, based on the power levels. If anything he was weaker then than he was as Impulse based on that if I recall his earlier feats.

srug

Everything Flash related went to hell, when Johns started writing Flash again, and incorporated the "Flashverse" into "Infinite Crisis" in my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.