Adamantium vs Kryptonite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Whats more rare?

1. When they first got introduced.

2. Current.

Enyalus
The Batcave has an entire vault, floor to ceiling, filled with k-nite. Not to mention Luthor's stash and the US government's, etc.

Adamantium is more rare now, even with all these Weapon X revelations and whatnot.

Not sure about the when they were introduced part.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Enyalus
The Batcave has an entire vault big grin I bet my life batman always carry some of the green stuff hidden with him, just to be shure.. wink

D_Dude1210
A little out of topic, but I've always wondered why Iron man never used Adamantium armor for his suits.

And I'll smack anyone who says "cuz he's called Iron Man, not Adamantium Man". stick out tongue

The Nuul
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
A little out of topic, but I've always wondered why Iron man never used Adamantium armor for his suits.

And I'll smack anyone who says "cuz he's called Iron Man, not Adamantium Man". stick out tongue

He cant afford it.

Mindset
Only queers use adamantium.

Trackz
kryptonite is hardly rare, before superman and batman confiscated all of it, kryptonite was available on wedding rings, in museums, and basically to anyone who wanted it and could afford it

although many heroes seem to carry something adamantium on them, it is a lot more rare than kryptonite

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Mindset

If that's the case, why isn't Iron Man using it then?

Mindset

Rage.Of.Olympus

Well, he did create different armors, with Vibranium lined parts, as well as Adamantium lined parts or something along those lines. Most of them were destroyed, during the time they were all turned against him, by that kid, forget his name.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, he did create different armors, with Vibranium lined parts, as well as Adamantium lined parts or something along those lines. Most of them were destroyed, during the time they were all turned against him, by that kid, forget his name.

Still don't see why he doesn't have an adamantium armored suit stashed out there somewhere. I mean, he can surely afford it, he had (pre-Dark Reign) the government contacts to acquire it and he's sure as hell able to use it, he's lost enough times cuz his armor got broken/damaged.

The Scribe
You should see what I have in my secret headquarters. shifty

So, how much do you have? big grin

D_Dude1210
Hm. For that matter, why doesn't Dr. Doom use Adamantium? Hm....

batdude123
The Batcave has an entire vault, floor to ceiling, filled with k-nite. Not to mention Luthor's stash and the US government's, etc.

Adamantium is more rare now, even with all these Weapon X revelations and whatnot.

Not sure about the when they were introduced part.

I thought the only remaining kryptonite on the planet was in the bat cave now? I seem to remember Supes and Bats going on a quest to eliminate all k-nite from Earth.

batdude123
Hm. For that matter, why doesn't Dr. Doom use Adamantium? Hm....

Marvel doesn't give characters adamantium who should logically be using it in order to make the rather mundane Wolverine appear more unique.

Starscream M
Originally posted by batdude123
Marvel doesn't give characters adamantium who should logically be using it in order to make the rather mundane Wolverine appear more unique. laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by The Scribe

So, how much do you have? big grin None.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Still don't see why he doesn't have an adamantium armored suit stashed out there somewhere. I mean, he can surely afford it, he had (pre-Dark Reign) the government contacts to acquire it and he's sure as hell able to use it, he's lost enough times cuz his armor got broken/damaged.

Marvel doesn't give characters adamantium who should logically be using it in order to make the rather mundane Wolverine appear more unique.

Wild Shadow
adamantium is hard to make and very few ppl on the planet know how to make it.. or at least that was the case a decade ago. it is also poisonous to ppl w/o a HF which brings up the point of bullseye and hammerhead being alive. another point is that it takes ppl w/HF to mutate the adamantium into beta adamantium to allow it to bond to bone.

as smart as tony and doom are they really shouldnt know how to make it or figure it out its not in their field of science especially for tony not so much for doom.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

as smart as tony and doom are they really shouldnt know how to make it or figure it out its not in their field of science especially for tony not so much for doom. first, tony and doom are both smarter than the weapon x folks

second, I dont think anyone is suggesting either IM or Doom graft adamantium to their bones, but rather that they incorporate it into their armor

batdude123
adamantium is hard to make and very few ppl on the planet know how to make it.. or at least that was the case a decade ago. it is also poisonous to ppl w/o a HF which brings up the point of bullseye and hammerhead being alive. another point is that it takes ppl w/HF to mutate the adamantium into beta adamantium to allow it to bond to bone.

as smart as tony and doom are they really shouldnt know how to make it or figure it out its not in their field of science especially for tony not so much for doom.

Lawlz.

Enyalus
I thought the only remaining kryptonite on the planet was in the bat cave now? I seem to remember Supes and Bats going on a quest to eliminate all k-nite from Earth.
Yeah, they did...But wasn't the Last Son arc (or whatever the AC arc where Zod and his prisoners escape the phantom zone and Chris Kent/Zod's son helps put a stop to them) after that Supes/Bats arc? 'Cause in it Supes comes to Lex for help, so it seems Lex has those weapons. And then there's the New Krypton arc, with gold k-nite and all.

Plus Supes never got the supplies that the US army had, because he's too much of a boy scout to take it from them.

batdude123
Yeah, they did...But wasn't the Last Son arc (or whatever the AC arc where Zod and his prisoners escape the phantom zone and Chris Kent/Zod's son helps put a stop to them) after that Supes/Bats arc? 'Cause in it Supes comes to Lex for help, so it seems Lex has those weapons. And then there's the New Krypton arc, with gold k-nite and all.

Plus Supes never got the supplies that the US army had, because he's too much of a boy scout to take it from them.

I'd have to check on that.

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
first, tony and doom are both smarter than the weapon x folks

second, I dont think anyone is suggesting either IM or Doom graft adamantium to their bones, but rather that they incorporate it into their armor thumb up

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus

facepalm

batdude123

Well, apparently, Superman/Batman #49 came out June 18, 2008, and the Last Son story arc ended in May of 08.

srug

Wild Shadow

second, I dont think anyone is suggesting either IM or Doom graft adamantium to their bones, but rather that they incorporate it into their armor

doom is smart enough to eventually figure it out if he hasnt already but, for ironman i think would be by far more difficult relying oh his ppl to make and crack the formula to create adamantium.

also unlike doom IM doesnt have access to a nuclear reactor to help make the adamantium.

also i only brought up the bone bonding to see how ppl could explain the inconsistency with both bullseye and hammerhead. cool

Enyalus
Well, apparently, Superman/Batman #49 came out June 18, 2008, and the Last Son story arc ended in May of 08.

srug
Aw, eff that shiite.

D_Dude1210
doom is smart enough to eventually figure it out if he hasnt already but, for ironman i think would be by far more difficult relying oh his ppl to make and crack the formula to create adamantium.

facepalm

also unlike doom IM doesnt have access to a nuclear reactor to help make the adamantium.

facepalm

godking

also i only brought up the bone bonding to see how ppl could explain the inconsistency with both bullseye and hammerhead. cool Both Doom and Stark have the smarts and resources to make adamantium They probably dont have the time to make a full suit of adamantium. With the time and effort needed to make an adamantium suit they could make 10 more armor suits while not as durable as adamantium would be just as sophisticated.

Making an adamantium suit is not worth the effort/time for guys like Doom and Tony does not mean that they cant do it .

Mindset
Doom could have his Doombots do it, it wouldn't be that hard.

Wild Shadow
what i want to know is who is making all the adamantium in marvel?

and also why is moonknight tossing million dollar adamantium moonblades at his enemies?

Charmander
Because Doom's amour is already harder than adamantium

Wei Phoenix
what i want to know is who is making all the adamantium in marvel?

and also why is moonknight tossing million dollar adamantium moonblades at his enemies?

Because he's rich enough to afford them.

Mindset
Originally posted by Charmander
Because Doom's amour is already harder than adamantium About 100x harder iirc

Mshinu
Originally posted by Charmander
Because Doom's amour is already harder than adamantium

Luke Cake`s fist must be REALLY hard then smile

http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=71903_-9_page_13_9-_122_1192lo.jpg

Mindset
He didn't damage the suit at all.

Mshinu
Actually he made a big hole in the brestplate and rendered most of Doom`s systems inoperable. Good for Victor that Luke only wanted his 200$ smile

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mshinu

http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=71903_-9_page_13_9-_122_1192lo.jpg

Is that Doom's current armor?

Charmander

http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=71903_-9_page_13_9-_122_1192lo.jpg Not current

Mindset
Actually he made a big hole in the brestplate and rendered most of Doom`s systems inoperable. Good for Victor that Luke only wanted his 200$ smile Oh yes, I remember.

Luke used his Black Powa Fist.

Good times my brotha.

Mshinu
Oh yes, I remember.

Good times my brotha.

Guess that taught him to keep his white bone ass outa Harlem y`all

http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=71904_-7_page_14_6-_122_747lo.jpg

occultdestroyer
Doom's armor is Celestial armor.

beast1234

Tony and Doom main are genius in Physics they are well verse in other subject but they genius lays in the realm of physics and technology.

Lord Feron
I just think the writers don't want to make IM and Doom like super powerful. Then they just be like ultron or something.. there isnt a good reason for them to not have it imo.

krowand
Kryptonite has been around since the late 40's it was pink when they started. Adamantine was the ancient word for diamond but I first remember it from a Barry Windsor Smith version of the Avengers

How rare COULD Kryptonite be?? I estimate the DC universe started out with several thousand earth masses of the green glowing stuff. It is the radioactive remains of the Mantle of a giant planet. Course Supes did gather up all the pieces and remake Krypton just to keep beings living inside Krypton's sun alive once and a runaway experiment changed all the Earthly Green k into K-Iron. (H'mmm, K-Iron Man)

Adamantine is a binary metal created from two alloys. It has a major weakness in that it can be altered by thought and a shaping device that Ultron 5 (but not his brother Brainiac 5) had implanted inside himself.

Wolverine Vs. Untron 5 turning into Rubbery-Canuck verses Bot-Boy.

I'm new here so I hope this is an adequate response.

Ken

Wei Phoenix
Guess that taught him to keep his white bone ass outa Harlem y`all

http://img165.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=71904_-7_page_14_6-_122_747lo.jpg

Is that Doom's current armor?

Mindset
Originally posted by beast1234
Tony and Doom main are genius in Physics they are well verse in other subject but they genius lays in the realm of physics and technology. Doom genius lays in any field he wants.

SuperiorTech
Oh yes, I remember.

Good times my brotha.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0116/96138_Power_Man_017-14_122_190lo.jpg

Luke's fist packs a lot of power shifty

StiltmanFTW
What happened next?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.