Bill Nighy the Octopus Guy is in....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ibd4eva
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!! I'm so excited!!! He's rumored to be playing Rufus Scrimgeour. What do you guys think???

willofthewisp
I'll answer you, ibd. Yes, Bill Nighy is good, although hammy, in everything he does. It's like a rite of passage anymore for great British actors to be in the Harry Potter movies and I'm glad he's going to have such a juicy part! It has to beat Rise of the Lycans.

ibd4eva
Haha I know its so funny how all good british actors seem to have been in Harry Potter...but man im so excited! Pirates-Harry Potter cross. thats so cool.

and thank you for answering willo stick out tongue

willofthewisp
Sure thing. For me, the biggest Bill Nighy shock was that he was in Hot Fuzz, only for a little bit, but I was like, "Davy Jones!"

ibd4eva
Haha bill nighy is just waayyyy too cool...

ibd4eva
oh and i might add, that is has been confirmed that he's playing Rufus now.

That ACDC Chick
i just watched the first Underworld last night

its kinda funny how similar his voice and facial expresssions match Davy Jones laughing out loud

willofthewisp
More so in the first Underworld movie than in Rise of the Lycans. He has a Scottish/American Southern/Californian accent in that. It's weird.

That ACDC Chick
especially when he first woke up and Selene was trying to explain herself

ibd4eva
never seen underworld. looks kinda creepy...all I know is that vampires are gonna rule the underworld...whatever happens...

sailorleo
ah-hem hem hem!!!

Jack D hasn't got a role in HP so it's not EVERY good british actor ><

ToddianGirl
Originally posted by sailorleo
ah-hem hem hem!!!

My sorry sailorleo your right Jack Davenport is a wonderful actor. Here's a picture of him for you to stare at. Enjoy!

http://www.celebirony.com/foto/attori/Jack_Davenport/jack_davenport_grande1.jpg

willofthewisp
ah-hem hem hem!!!

Sailor, do you remember Surreal? She was a huge fan of a British show Jack D was on called Ultraviolet, a vampire drama. I didn't know if you knew that or not. I don't even know if it's still on or not, but she would send me clips and yes, Jack D is a beautiful man.

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2007/05/22/previews/Jack%20Davenport-SGG-070257.jpg

I sent a picture for you too.

sailorleo
lmao, awww thanks guys, that's why I love this site

and yeah, I've heard of Ultraviolet smile just haven't actually watched the show....but concerning these vampires, they don't sparkle do they? I'll be sorely disappointed if they do.

willofthewisp
No, the clips I've seen, it looks like a cross between the American Moonlight, CSI, and Night Gallery.

I know what you mean about vampires of the sparkly quality. "This is the skin of a killer, Bella!" Lol.

Scythe
I thought of Bill Nye The Science Guy when I read this, I did.

ToddianGirl
Originally posted by willofthewisp
No, the clips I've seen, it looks like a cross between the American Moonlight, CSI, and Night Gallery.

I know what you mean about vampires of the sparkly quality. "This is the skin of a killer, Bella!" Lol.

That's the reason I HATE Twlight! Have you guys ever seen Dark Shadows? That's a good show.

ibd4eva
*ignores toddiangirl's Twilight comment* oh willo! that is why I love you...

omg!! sailor! im so sorry! you're totally right! *gibbs slaps herself* I shall go and wallow in shame now...

im back. lol ok so until Jack D is in HP (which he isn't....and never will be, so...) the HPs are not the best movies with british and or british-y people.

Jack was in a vampire show?!?!?! I WANNA SEE! I WANNA SEE! I WANNA SEE!!!

willofthewisp
Yep, a honest-to-goodness vampire show. As the main character! It's about time he was the star of something.

ibd, I'm guessing you are of the "team Edward" persuasion?

Dark Shadows was an AWESOME show. I used to watch it on the scifi channel when I was little, like if I had to stay home sick. Barnabas Collins, magnificent b*st*rd, and Quentin, and Desmond, and all the rest. It was like Passions without the monkey.

ibd4eva
^^ haha yes i am of the team edward persuasion, as well as the team carlisle persuasion xD but definitely not of the team rob pattinson persuasion. he killed my favorite literary character, the jerk...im thinking of going team jacob thanks to his suckishness and taylor lautner's awesomeness. but this isnt gonna turn into a twilight thread, so...yeah...

sailorleo
I was going to pass around some Amen's regarding Twilight, so now I'll just spread out a y'arr, reguarding the fact that this thread is same from becoming a Twilight thread.....

IDK, who's left to cast in DH? There's gotta be something....hee could be 40 year old harry? lmao, j/k

ibd4eva
dude, he could totally be the "19 Years Later" Harry at the end of the book! that would be TIGHTTT!!! haha

Tramps Lady
who are we talking about now...i am so totally lost XD

ibd4eva
atm? we are talking about Sailor's boy JAck Davenport. The thread is supposed to be about Bill Nighy as Rufus Scrimgeour..but you know us and our "on topic" record...like one page i think it is? lol

holy crap, seeing Half Blood prince tonight. Me=so excited...

willofthewisp
I wasn't sure who we were talking about either! Lol. I need checked out. doctor Wow. Jack D would be GREAT as an older Harry. He'd be perfect. What a fun little Easter egg for us POTC fans to have that. Hee hee, what if he played Luna's dad?

sailorleo
already have xeno-boy!
omg, u guys. I actually have a story that makes this thread relevant again. I actually used this knowledge of Bill playing Rufus as Trivia fodder for my radio show I do on campus. No one got it, till I gave a major hint ><

willofthewisp
You do a radio show? That sounds so cool. What was your hint?

sailorleo
yup. the hint was he was captain of the dutchman....a very tentacled, captain *uber easy hint*

ibd4eva
Haha go sailor!!!

I might point out that i saw HBP at midnight and LOVED it. Anyone else??

sailorleo
I did! I enjoyed it, but i am going to have to see it again!!!1

ibd4eva
Me too! Id totally see it with u if i knew where u lived babe lol we could talk about Jack D stick out tongue

willofthewisp
yup. the hint was he was captain of the dutchman....a very tentacled, captain *uber easy hint*

It's kind of funny because several articles about Disney/DisneyWorld, etc have said the pirate costumes have become the boy equivalent to those Disney princess dresses you see all the little girls wearing. Well, at the Disney Store, there was actually a Davy Jones costume. The tentacles were more like a wrap around that went around the lower half of your face and for some reason I found that a little disturbing.

However, last Halloween when I took my son out (he was a bumblebee, awww) I passed this kid who had a full out Davy Jones mask and it was pretty good looking. I did a double-take. It ranked right up there with the kid who went as the Man in the Yellow Hat.

ibd4eva
Haha i know someone who went as the man in the yellow hat! His son was dressed as george. Adorable.

sailorleo
omg, i missed that reference earlier, but put in context with George, i totally get that now big grin !!!!!

ibd4eva
Haha ooohh sailor stick out tongue

willofthewisp
I'm so jealous of you guys getting to see HP. There is NOTHING playing out here worth seeing. Maybe when it's time for me to leave they'll get Transformers 2 out here... That's it. I just want to see Transformers, Public Enemies, and Harry Potter. Three little movies... Grr.

ibd4eva
Where are you willo? How come they dont have the movies?

willofthewisp
I'm doing something for the military right now. They have movies here but they're Last House on the Left, My Life in Ruins, and a whole bunch of others that flopped. Some of the locals here sell pirated dvds so when they next come, I'll see if I can watch these movies that way.

ibd4eva
Aww that sucks. At least you can see PE...

Captain REX
This can be discussed in the Harry Potter section...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.