Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhaal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Davis Bloome
I'd say I liked Gyllenhaal's performance a lot more and I kind of wished she was cast from the get go, but I've grown to like Holmes performance more than I originally did, though I don't think she did the best job possible, hence why I'm glad she didn't have too many scenes. With Gyllenhaal she was always a delight to see onscreen, and she struck me as a strong female, especially when she stopped the Joker from potentially killing someone, and kept urging Bruce to continue being Batman, and to not stop the war on crime.

BruceSkywalker
Maggie is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better thank Katie Holmes in every aspect.. Maggie took a character and made her her own and made Holmes's performance very very meek

Davis Bloome
The fact that Gyllenhaal made Dawes' character her own was the exact reason I wished she had been cast in the first place. Plus, Gyllenhaal fit right in with the rest of the cast, whereas Holmes was completely out of place. Plus, Gyllenhaal looks a billion times better:

http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/maggie_l_1.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
The fact that Gyllenhaal made Dawes' character her own was the exact reason I wished she had been cast in the first place. Plus, Gyllenhaal fit right in with the rest of the cast, whereas Holmes was completely out of place. Plus, Gyllenhaal looks a billion times better:

http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/maggie_l_1.jpg

agreed

Davis Bloome
One thing I don't understand is why people give Gyllenhaal so much shit and call her hideous. Sure, like a lot of people she's taken some bad pictures here or there, but the lady is far from hideous.

starlock
Katie for the win....Maggie is Hideous,at least in my eyes, i would have rather they stuck with Katie....but...i agree to a certain extent that if she was there from the begining..maybe it would have fit better

Ryo 666
Homes is hot.

The other is not.

So I vite for Katie.

That ACDC Chick
Kaite Holmes for sure
Maggie Gyllenhaal is just....so....ugly!!!!!

Davis Bloome
Lol, I really don't see why people think Gyllenhaal is hideous. I think she's a beautiful lady.

That ACDC Chick
she looks like an old lady
if thats your thing then have at it but she looks too old to be goin after Christian Bale or whats-his-face that plays Dent

Ridley_Prime
Aaron Eckhart? stick out tongue
I kinda agree though, I guess. erm

lord xyz
Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie.

Katie looks like a little boy and is NOT attracitve. Maggie is waaay attractive.

Maggie had a nicer more feminine voice, and spoke like a person, not like someone in a film. Katie's lines in BB were mostly 1 line shots. Maggie, I felt, actually emoted and felt like she was the part.

That scene when Maggie realises she's gonna die, that was brilliantly done. I can't imagine Katie doing a performance like that, at all.

Juntai
Maggie is the better actress, by far.

Bouboumaster
Holmes is wed to Tom Cruise and she's a scientologist.

So I vote for Maggie.

Bat Dude
Maggie G by about 1000 miles...

Davis Bloome
Originally posted by lord xyz
Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie.

Katie looks like a little boy and is NOT attracitve. Maggie is waaay attractive.

Maggie had a nicer more feminine voice, and spoke like a person, not like someone in a film. Katie's lines in BB were mostly 1 line shots. Maggie, I felt, actually emoted and felt like she was the part.

That scene when Maggie realises she's gonna die, that was brilliantly done. I can't imagine Katie doing a performance like that, at all.

I actually felt the emotion of that scene, and really felt for her. If that was Holmes, I probably would've cheered during the scene she died. Gyllenhaal also had a lot more chemistry with Alfred & Bruce, and I actually felt that they were all very close. I never got that feeling with Katie.

DarthLazious
Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Davis Bloome
Another thing I love about Gyllenhaal is that she sounds more like an actual grown woman, and not someone with a shaky voice who is seemingly going through puberty forever.

I can't even visualize Holmes trying to stall the Joker until Batman comes or stand up to him. But with Gyllenhaal everything was absolutely perfect.

In short, I love Maggie Gyllenhaal. That is all.

steverules_2
Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like the cat alice in wonderland and the rabbit
http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/alicepic/disney-movie/white-rabbit-with-watch-5.jpg
http://www.sandersartstudio.com/catalog/kraftykitty.jpg
http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/maggie-gyllenhaal-pic.jpg

Davis Bloome
laughing out loud

Not even close. She's too hot to look like a fat cat from a movie. laughing out loud

steverules_2
...still reminds me of a rabbit

Davis Bloome
Well, I'd bang that rabbit anytime & anywhere. big grin

steverules_2
Thats information you should probably keep to yourself....for all of us buddy

Davis Bloome
What, so you can't take somewhat of a joke anymore? It's not like I'm going to go into detail or anything.

steverules_2
A joke can be taken but when it comes to you wanting to...do Maggie then pretty sure you're being serious

Davis Bloome
Sure, I'm halfway being serious, but the joke is only bad or tasteless when you go into detail about it, something I didn't intend on doing. It's a pretty harmless joke, actually.

steverules_2
Well....good luck with Maggie sly

Davis Bloome
131 I doubt if it happens.

steverules_2
131 I doubt if it happens.

I'm gonna be watching the news and seeing you being arrested for stalking her

The Nuul
Maggie is just as ugly as BRB.

steverules_2
I've never thought she was hot, she kinda looks Kirsten Dunst

Ryo 666
laughing out loud

Not even close. She's too hot to look like a fat cat from a movie. laughing out loud

No.

But she did do better acting anyway.

lord xyz
Originally posted by steverules_2
I've never thought she was hot, she kinda looks Kirsten Dunst Kirsten Dunst is hot, and so is Maggie.

As a Batman character, she felt in place and played the part well. She loved Harvey, but didn't want to hurt Bruce. In a way she also led him on, but to protect his feelings.

OMG

If Ledger lived and they did that whole Joker trial in part 3, Rachel's death could've been like an emotional journey for Batman, therefore leading him unfit to be Batman and take revenge on Joker!

Damn, Heath for dying!

Davis Bloome
I'm sure if he could change fate and not have taken those pills he would. I miss Heath more everyday. sad

And Kirsten Dunst is not hot anymore....she may be if she stays away from drugs and maintains proper bodyweight. But now? She's far from hot.

Altar[1stONE]
http://csos.movieset.com/download/movieset/o/b/old/dark_knight_maggie_gyllenhaal.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/RCMerchant/534297183_a8e2bbcc56.jpg

steverules_2
I don't really wanna vote on either woman cause I felt both did really terrible in the movies, there was no chemistry between Bruce and Rach tbh erm

Davis Bloome
Originally posted by Altar
http://csos.movieset.com/download/movieset/o/b/old/dark_knight_maggie_gyllenhaal.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/RCMerchant/534297183_a8e2bbcc56.jpg

Okay, if all anyone has to do is bash either actress without contributing something worthwhile to the thread, don't bother posting.

steverules_2
Okay, if all anyone has to do is bash either actress without contributing something worthwhile to the thread, don't bother posting.

Maggie....smells awesome

Altar[1stONE]
My post speaks for itself. And yes maggie smells, like a pig face. There is my contribution ......

Seacrest Out !

Mr Parker
definetly Maggie. anybody instead of Mrs Tom Cruise who was too young to play opposite of Bale.

Mr Parker

agreed.we dont need childish posts like these photos here in this discussion.

Davis Bloome
Agreed, it doesn't contribute anything to the actual discussion.

lord xyz
Maggie can act, is hot, and has a cool name...Maggie.

Katie ****s a scientologist ambiguously gay arrogant film star.

Or to put it another way.

Sister of Heath Ledger's boyfriend vs. War of the Worlds shitty remake star's wife.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Maggie is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better thank Katie Holmes in every aspect.. Maggie took a character and made her her own and made Holmes's performance very very meek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.