Megatron's Treansformation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Miguelohara563
In Transformers 2,when Megatron is resurrected,his form instantly becomes a tank.How is that?

C. C. Cowgirl!
What do you mean, how?

Kazenji
Sounds like they got that idea from the G2 comics, With that series when he came back he had the tank form.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Indeed.

Sadako of Girth
Yet we only see him as a jet/spaceship.

They made the tank thing, im sure, just to make more cash from a toy.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Miguelohara563
In Transformers 2,when Megatron is resurrected,his form instantly becomes a tank.How is that?
They glued tank legs onto him.

Sado22
better yet make him a bi-pedal tank and have Solid Snake PIS-beat yet another metal gear roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Rex
Maybe with the all spark shard allowed him to think up a form like he did with his jet thing.

Sadako of Girth
I notice now that they showhis tank mode for like one second as Megatron enters the forest battle.

And you dont see it clearly.

As I said, more cash from the toys.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I notice now that they showhis tank mode for like one second as Megatron enters the forest battle.

And you dont see it clearly.

As I said, more cash from the toys.

You also see it when Megatron retreats from battle after the F-16s bomb the battle field.

Doctor-Alvis
He drives around a little in the desert battle too I think.

Darth Rex
Yes i think he does drive around in the desert.
It would look weird though if megatron had those big tracks on his legs and then turned into a jet. If you watch the scene where the decpticons are being dumped in the ocean, Megatron is missing a leg, so he would get a new one and then another matching one. Apparently the tracks are cannibalized parts from Brawl who was laying dead in the ocean with him.

Sadako of Girth
Well he needs a face and a new arm now.

Frenzy's regeneration and the regeneration stuff in the 1st movie seems to be a factor, which might explain why Prime was complete after have having his guts blown out by Megatron.

It seems addressed when it suits the shitty writing, and forgotten for the rest of the time in the movie.

I hate the regeneration/birth ideas both.

Scythe
When Prime shoots Megs with that slo-mo bullet, he gets shot through a window and he turns into a tank to chase the Autobots. I thought having both jet and tank modes was basically adding a triple changer to the TF2 ala Blitzwing.

XanatosForever
Megatron's transformation came from one of the Decepticons that had gone to retrieve him. Remember, the doctor stated that they needed parts, and so they ravaged one of their own to get the necessary materials that, when combined with portion of the cube/allspark, revived Megatron and allowed him a new transformation.

This is the same concept they used with Jetfire at the end to give Optimus Prime his Eleventh Hour Superpower that he needed to thrash the Fallen, and while it looks like something thought up for the sake of plot for this sequel, it's actually been a part of Transformers canon for quite some time.

Reanimation/reassembly had one of its major showings in The Animated Movie, when the Junkions of the planet Junk, after being befriended by Hot Rod with the universal greeting, gathered up the pieces of Ultra Magnus. Ultra Magnus had been ravaged by decepticon fire to the point of literal explosion after failing to open the Matrix of Leadership, and the Junkions reassembled him with the help of other parts among the various scrap piles on the planet.

I personally thought it was a clever tribute that they included such means of restoration in RotF.

Sadako of Girth
These new shitty cybertronian forms are so non descript that you can just pose it slightly differently and claim its a third form, it seems.

Like Soundwave and his jet-to Doc-Ock satellite modes.
He just modes his satellite panels. Thats it.

Lazy horrible designs.

Kaibs
They made him into Galavtron in the 2nd film but they just stuck with his Megatron name and made him a triple changer. He can still transform into the Jet and the Tank and of course his robot form too. That's how hes able to change into the tank

Sadako of Girth
Yes. But Tank of Jet both look messy.

They all lack lines, the cybertronian modes..

Kaibs
Yeah I know i was just anaswering the OP question

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Kaibs
They made him into Galavtron in the 2nd film but they just stuck with his Megatron name and made him a triple changer. He can still transform into the Jet and the Tank and of course his robot form too. That's how hes able to change into the tank
Did he have 3 forms? I thought he just kinda "pulled up" when he wanted to fly.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Did he have 3 forms? I thought he just kinda "pulled up" when he wanted to fly.

Yeah.. he can be the Jet still, a tank, and then of course he still can change into his battle mode.

cruel jedi
i remember in the old cartoons he changed into a energy gun (looked like a pistol) but i remember in another one i believe it was the key to vector sigma starscream tries to kill him by throwing him off a space ship but galactus finds him and gives him new life n when he returns he turns into a big cannon thing confused

Watch it on you tube its great happy

Scythe
Galactus, eh?

Kazenji
Looks like it might have been Unicrons day off.

Sadako of Girth
Yes. That might have been the day when he rearranged his sockdrawer.

blackout01
well in the rotf game the last part megatron doesnt change into a jet he just hovered with his boosters

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yet we only see him as a jet/spaceship. The jet form was in the first film. And he was a different form "spaceship" as you say in the sequel. Glad someone else noticed this.

Question: Can Prime still fly?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.