Qui Gon in ROTJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
What if this was the case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aIZZyIgpco&feature=related

Jaeh.is.Awesome
seen that and favorited it just because i like how its made.

It could be good, I thought qui-gon deserved that much, but, luke never really knew qui-gon so wouldn't he be sort of weirded out if qui-gon just popped up outta nowhere?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
seen that and favorited it just because i like how its made.

It could be good, I thought qui-gon deserved that much, but, luke never really knew qui-gon so wouldn't he be sort of weirded out if qui-gon just popped up outta nowhere?

Luke also didn't know how his father looked before he got scarred but they went and decided to f*ck up the ending of ROTJ and add Hayden in there

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by steverules_2
Luke also didn't know how his father looked before he got scarred but they went and decided to f*ck up the ending of ROTJ and add Hayden in there

*shrug* georgie boy has his reasons, however weird they might be. ermm

steverules_2
Georgie's reason is changing a scene and then putting it on DVD is a re-release, seriously these movie's have been re-released more times than a playboy girl has had her breasts enlarged and they get enlarged alot

queeq
Once we start with Qui-Gon we get the others as well: Mace, Fisto, Plo Koon, Aayla Secura... And then we'd all think: errr. wait a minute, all these Jedi failed and Luke succeeded??? Some Jedi... NOT!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by queeq
Once we start with Qui-Gon we get the others as well: Mace, Fisto, Plo Koon, Aayla Secura... And then we'd all think: errr. wait a minute, all these Jedi failed and Luke succeeded??? Some Jedi... NOT!

imagine the whole Endor flooded with "forgotten" Jedi. eek! I imagine look going mad, seeing ghosts everywhere.

Vid's nicely done, though...

queeq
It was, yes.

ares834
Ah, but Yoda mentions that Qui-Gon managed to defeat death. None of the others were able. Anyhow it is very nicely done I prefer having the last shot be of the spirits rather than the lame shot of the heroes.

queeq
Err... no.

General G
I know it's been brought up a million times, but not yet in this thread,
Anakin goes all dark side and kills off all the Jedi, destroys the Republic, and is a Sith Lord...
OB1 was always loyal to the Jedi ways (minus that episode 1 glitch).
Anakin gets all his limbs back when he becomes a spirit and loses 20+ years.
OB1 is old, BUT clean shaven.

Lucas messed with the new ending by sticking in Hayden.

queeq
He did.

General G
At least he didn't stick Ewan in there for added screwiness.

K-Dog
If you go that video clip, one of the first ones listed to the right will be a similar video with Mace Windu. They end it just as Mace is getting ready whip out his light saber!! Why does he need a light saber in the afterlife?

General G
To prove he is better than Yoda?

Jovan
Originally posted by General G
I know it's been brought up a million times, but not yet in this thread,
Anakin goes all dark side and kills off all the Jedi, destroys the Republic, and is a Sith Lord...
OB1 was always loyal to the Jedi ways (minus that episode 1 glitch).
Anakin gets all his limbs back when he becomes a spirit and loses 20+ years.
OB1 is old, BUT clean shaven.

Lucas messed with the new ending by sticking in Hayden.
No, he improved it considerably. The only problem is that people remember the old ending and are just annoyed he tampered with it.
Yoda clearly states that when you go Dark, it will forever dominate your live. Thus, when the ghosts appear, they are all in their Light Side form (which makes sense: the light side won) so why should Vader appear and not Anakin? Anakin appears because he was good and redeemed himself but because he stays "tainted" his "redeemed Vader" form can't appear and thus you're stuck with Anakin/Hayden.

K-Dog
Since the afterlife is forever, wouldn't it make sense for a jedi to determine what their "optimal age" is, then once they reach that age, turn to da dark side, ensuring that their eternal self will be forever young?

General G
Originally posted by K-Dog
Since the afterlife is forever, wouldn't it make sense for a jedi to determine what their "optimal age" is, then once they reach that age, turn to da dark side, ensuring that their eternal self will be forever young?

Yoda, "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Originally posted by Jovan
No, he improved it considerably. The only problem is that people remember the old ending and are just annoyed he tampered with it.
Yoda clearly states that when you go Dark, it will forever dominate your live. Thus, when the ghosts appear, they are all in their Light Side form (which makes sense: the light side won) so why should Vader appear and not Anakin? Anakin appears because he was good and redeemed himself but because he stays "tainted" his "redeemed Vader" form can't appear and thus you're stuck with Anakin/Hayden.

I don't agree, he turned back to the light side when he killed the Emperor and was talking to Luke, therefore, that would be his "light side self." I agree it wouldn't make sense to have Vader appear there, which is why he didn't, would be dumb. But his most recent light side form was that of his older self.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Jovan

Apart from loving Padme Anakin was never what you would call 'good' from Attack of the Clones onwards. He murdered sand people (which no-one seemed to notice)and Count Dooku, was constantly given to weird, almost uncalled for frustrations and periods of anger towards those closest to him.

Even his conversion to the dark side felt too easy and if he had any 'good' or conflict in him he would have resisted a lot more than he did. So with all that said I feel it was better showing Anakin at the point of when Luke saved him rather than showing him as he never was (especially in those Jedi robes).

queeq
Originally posted by General G
I don't agree, he turned back to the light side when he killed the Emperor and was talking to Luke, therefore, that would be his "light side self." I agree it wouldn't make sense to have Vader appear there, which is why he didn't, would be dumb. But his most recent light side form was that of his older self.

But it was Anakin's old self that RETURNED from the Dark Side into the light side, the achievement no one could achieve excpet (old) Anakin himself. So old Anakin was light side in the end, but without the scars of the light side. In fact, there was more genuine and sympatetic emotion in old Anakin than in young Anakin. I'm sure Luke would have liked the old one better.

And being Luke I'd be thinking: WTF is that greasy dude with the wig? I haven't seen him before.

So there are multiple reasons to consider this alteration as a MAJOR MISTAKE!!!

Hybris
There are ways of defending both statements...

I personally liked it, apart from the fact that he didn't stand still, it looked like he had somewhere more important to go to big grin

PS: you should watch this one aswell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPmEiKAfn0c&feature=related

JediRobin23
That ones kinda funny.
Funny Greedos in there

queeq
And Porkins. Good move.

Originally posted by Hybris
There are ways of defending both statements...

The key point is that it is totally obsolete... as is a lot in the PT.

ares834
And Porkins. Good move.
Agreed. He was the true hero of the rebellion.

queeq
He was... He was so underrated.

sweersa
He was looking for a drive through in the tench run.

Sadako of Girth
He was... He was so underrated.

He added serious weight to the Rebel's attack. shifty

We all know deep down that Luke's torpedo strike had nothing to do with the Death Star's destruction.

The hull wobble caused by Porkins slamming into it just took a long time to for the impact stress to transfer thoughout the entire Death Star and just happened to explode totally by coincidence just after Luke's dud Proton Torpedo strike.

queeq
Of course. No proton torpedo could destroy a space station like that. Everybody knows it too. ONly a guy with Porkins's stature could achieve such a feat.

roughrider
Originally posted by JediRobin23
What if this was the case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aIZZyIgpco&feature=related

Qui-Gon jumps in there quickly, like "Am I late for the party?"

Not really necessary to put him in there. I would rather see him appear to Yoda in the last act of ROTS. All we see is that silent communication on the asteroid base.

I have (kind of) made peace with Lucas' decision to show Anakin in his 'light side of the force' form, but he just grabbed some shot of Hayden & stuck his head in place of Sebastian Shaw's, without his knowledge. Do a proper re-shoot and make him look like he belongs in there, if you want to do it.

queeq
I don't.

InfernoJG95
why not add porkins in there too

InfernoJG95
porkins the hero of the rebellion!

queeq
He was... he should be in front.

InfernoJG95
He should of gotten a post humourous medal

queeq
That would be very humourous. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.