Transformers ROTF Poll Rating

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Rex
Thought i should make a poll about what people think about Revenge of the Fallen. Then we can see what most people think.

C. C. Cowgirl!
9/10. Particular things keeps me from giving it 10. It's an awesome movie and I'll see it as often as I can, but I can't give it 10 mmm

BruceSkywalker
its a 10, IMO good story, good acting and good cgi

dadudemon
Like I said before, I give it an 8.

It could have been better, but not by much. big grin

Sadako of Girth
It was too dumb to garner much more than the 6 I ended up giving it.

The 1st time I saw it, I missed a lot. I gave it 8 initially, but a few watches laterdetermined the more realistic 6 due to the slow spots/slushy crap/braindead schoolyard stuff/plotholes.

(Like the climax of transformers 1 and the interveneing two years 'til ROTF could be covered up in the public..... Like fireman wouldnt see the difference between an oven fire and heavy blaster damage in the garden, Transformers being BORN!!!! instead of being built.. they are even called 'Non Biological Entities' repeatedly in the movies, the stupidity of writing concerning the amount of shit that Sam and the humans could endure..... Blackout's clone dropping the car all that distance and ANY of the three in the car survivng... etc)

roughrider
I would have given the first one a 9. This time, no higher than a 7. I'm blanking out the evident flaws because as a Transformers fan, I was highly entertained.

darthmaul1
I was entertained too, and by no means bored, but i am not going to buy it, and when a good quality version comes out i will download it and edit it accordingly and make the movie much better and probably only be 30min long
Things that made it crappy in order.
The fallen.
transformers a secret
the all spark info going into sams head
sams gremlins decepticons
bumblebee a pet
lack of introductions of transformers.
retrieving megatron too easy.
jetfire waste of a plane!
humping decepticon
space bridge
smithonian right beside arizona boneyard
the pyramids right beside the daggers tip
devastaor
devastaor with balls
giant machine inside the pyramid
too many transformers at the end with too may explosions.

SnakeEyes
I gave it a 1/10 to balance out the ridiculously high ratings some of you people, who are out of your minds, are giving it.

In reality, I'd probably give it a 3 or 4 out of 10, for the special effects and a couple of the decent fight scenes.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I gave it a 1/10 to balance out the ridiculously high ratings some of you people, who are out of your minds, are giving it.

In reality, I'd probably give it a 3 or 4 out of 10, for the special effects and a couple of the decent fight scenes.

That is what I did too. You know the funny thing is the people that love this movie will probably pan GI JOE but i think and hope GI JOE will be leaps and bounds better than Transformers 2.

roughrider
Originally posted by darthmaul1
That is what I did too. You know the funny thing is the people that love this movie will probably pan GI JOE but i think and hope GI JOE will be leaps and bounds better than Transformers 2.

Well, Stephen Sommers is Michael Bay-lite. There isn't anything he does that Bay doesn't do better, really. Remember Van Helsing - or Deep Rising? I can make a better case for Roland Emmerich.
Still, the G.I. Joe trailer looks alright.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

It's kinda ridiculous to rate 1 "just because" ermm

Among many other things, it defeats the purpose of a poll.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by roughrider
Well, Stephen Sommers is Michael Bay-lite. There isn't anything he does that Bay doesn't do better, really. Remember Van Helsing - or Deep Rising? I can make a better case for Roland Emmerich.
Still, the G.I. Joe trailer looks alright.

For the most part van helsing and deep rising were entertaining and you were able to shut off your brain and just watch it. but just something about transformers 2, i went in with my brain turned off and it still didn't do it cause it was put together and presented so stupidly.
I just hope GI joe will be better.

Doctor-Alvis
GI Joe looks awesome, but I'm going in expecting a stupid movie with some sweet action.

BruceSkywalker
For the most part van helsing and deep rising were entertaining and you were able to shut off your brain and just watch it. but just something about transformers 2, i went in with my brain turned off and it still didn't do it cause it was put together and presented so stupidly.
I just hope GI joe will be better.

I am only seeing G.I.Joe for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.. I am also not expecting much

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
It's kinda ridiculous to rate 1 "just because" ermm

Among many other things, it defeats the purpose of a poll.

Not when doing it as a balancist commentary on the over-high scores that Bayfanboys seem to attribute to it.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Not when doing it as a balancist commentary on the over-high scores that Bayfanboys seem to attribute to it.

Nope. Still defeats the purpose, like it or not.

Sadako of Girth
I know it doesnt on a practical level,unless averages are claculated from it, but I can see the protest vote thinking behind it.

Besides, if it is rated as over-high, overall, isnt that just as bad, in your eyes?

C. C. Cowgirl!
People are supposed to vote what they think of the movie. Those that voted high I'm certain voted what they thought most accurate. You voted one even though you thought it deserved more.

The only thing you accomplish by doing so, is not being taken seriously. Had you voted three, or four, it would've been far more powerful. You voted one, so people merely shrug at your vote without taking it in consideration.
Because honestly, despite all the "flaws" in the plot, the characters and the acting, it's still above one, because it's very well-made, even with its holes. That's an objective statement.

You had accomplished more with a two, than a one.

Sadako of Girth
Fair enough.

I voted 6 though.
And I took his vote seriously,as they guy explained it as a balancist protest vote. Had he not done that, and left it ambiguous, I'd certainly agree with your point a bit more yes .

C. C. Cowgirl!
Still, I can understand those that doesn't like the movie, but not even from an objective point of view can I rate it one. It's too beautiful and well-made. There's some incredible work behind the various transformers, and the action scenes are amazing.

The pure beauty of the movie puts it above one, even if ignoring the plot completely.

Sadako of Girth
Sure. But he didnt really mean 1, just it was there to balance an average which may or may not actually not be a factor in the vote outcome anyways.

BruceSkywalker

you do not have to be a fanboy of anything to not enjoy a good film

Sadako of Girth
Sure.

Doctor-Alvis
Gah. I hate it when facsimiles of the word "fanboy" come up. Christ, can't anyone like something without being a fanboy of it? I can only name two Michael Bay directed franchises, and that's only because everyone brings up Bad Boyz when they mention him, but I become a fanboy just like that. "Yeah, that guy you've barely heard of, you should get off his nuts!"

dadudemon
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Gah. I hate it when facsimiles of the word "fanboy" come up. Christ, can't anyone like something without being a fanboy of it? I can only name two Michael Bay directed franchises, and that's only because everyone brings up Bad Boyz when they mention him, but I become a fanboy just like that. "Yeah, that guy you've barely heard of, you should get off his nuts!"

I'm a fanman. I'm not a boy. laughing laughing laughing

BruceSkywalker
Sure.

two questions... what are you a fanboy of? If you hate Bay so much why do you go see his films?

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
two questions... what are you a fanboy of? If you hate Bay so much why do you go see his films?

Indeed. This is a legit question.

However, he did rate the film a 6 out of ten. A six, in most books, is above average. Meaning, he did receive entertainment.

Sadako of Girth
Im not a fanboy and I didnt go to see the second.

I did see it with a more open mind than it sounds like im being credited for though, and tried to enjoy its fine points. I even posted so in my initial first reactions review.

I tend to argue the balancist POV. If someone was saying it had nothing to offer, Id listthe finer attributes.

But its it perfect and "great"...? I dont think so.
"Fairly good given its bay verse setting?" sure.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by dadudemon
Indeed. This is a legit question.

However, he did rate the film a 6 out of ten. A six, in most books, is above average. Meaning, he did receive entertainment.

Absolutely. Prime was cooler this time. The action was way better and we could like actually see what was going on... I liked the physical design of the twins, if not their personalities, Megan Fox.... Rooooooowwwwwwwr. I liked the opening Shanghai stuff too.

Id even say it was made of pure win, (minus the Allspark (tm) kitchen "TF"s sequence) ........right up til college.

But the movies dumber/letdown attributes warrented discussion also, which Bruce is why Ive been vocal on the bummer side of the Bay force..

dadudemon
Absolutely. Prime was cooler this time. The action was way better and we could like actually see what was going on... I liked the physical design of the twins, if not their personalities, Megan Fox.... Rooooooowwwwwwwr. I liked the opening Shanghai stuff too.

Id even say it was made of pure win, (minus the Allspark (tm) kitchen "TF"s sequence) ........right up til college.

But the movies dumber/letdown attributes warrented discussion also, which Bruce is why Ive been vocal on the bummer side of the Bay force..

Cool.

Yeah, you named all the stuff I likd better about the film. I didn't have too much problems with the first on the close ups during the bot fights, but, having the "camera" out a bit would have been better, imo. Me thinks it was intentional to show the epicness of their size.

Sadako of Girth
Sure, but just a few strategically added shots pulling out showing the full frame of the fight, would have been easy/effective in helping the brain "join the dots" fight flow/geography wise through the turbulance of the fast pacing and editting.

dadudemon
Sure, but just a few strategically added shots pulling out showing the full frame of the fight, would have been easy/effective in helping the brain "join the dots" fight flow/geography wise through the turbulance of the fast pacing and editting.

I agree. My only point was to bring to light a "possible" reason for the close ups. Could have been a miscommunication between Bay and the effects supervisor. Bay might have said, "Keep the epicness of their size in mind for the Mission City fights."

BruceSkywalker

fair enough

Cloudzor
4/10 .... for the effects and some fight scenes were quite entertaining. still, the plot was lousy and cheesy lines overpowering. optimus was cool though and more like the optimus i wanted to see in the first movie.

could have been much better than this

Prince Nauj
Nine

Scythe
10/10 As I'e mentioned here already.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Scythe
10/10 As I'e mentioned here already.

Yeah. People can't really expect this movie to be G1 top to toe. It's still a good Transformers incarnation, despite not being the incarnation we've all come to know and love over the years.

It's not like it's the only differing incarnation of our favorite robots. Nor is it the worst. Michael Bay didn't destroy anything, in my opinion. I could've lived with a little less College drama though.

That's my words on that matter lookaround

Scythe
Yeah. People can't really expect this movie to be G1 top to toe. It's still a good Transformers incarnation, despite not being the incarnation we've all come to know and love over the years.

It's not like it's the only differing incarnation of our favorite robots. Nor is it the worst. Michael Bay didn't destroy anything, in my opinion. I could've lived with a little less College drama though.

Yes, on the college humor.

I remember trying to get into TF's Energon/Cybertron anf going: "What the hell is going on?" Probably how many felt about the Bayverse, but still, that show had a Screamer/Megs relationship, and Optimus being all hero like, but I just don't like it. That was some power ranger shit Optimus was doing.

Sadako of Girth

It wouldnt have to be even that G1ey.....if they made it a consistantly good movie. But it doesnt even do that.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Scythe
Yes, on the college humor.

I remember trying to get into TF's Energon/Cybertron anf going: "What the hell is going on?" Probably how many felt about the Bayverse, but still, that show had a Screamer/Megs relationship, and Optimus being all hero like, but I just don't like it. That was some power ranger shit Optimus was doing.

Yeah. good call on the Power Rangersness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.