Enhanced Mercer VS Kratos, Warchief thrall, Alec Mason

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
Mercer gains the blade of Olympus, Links Golden Gauntlets (transform with his body into shoulder pads or greavers if he forms his arms into something gauntlets would not fit on), Coles lightning powers and Dante's speed/agility/reaction time.

If mercers form is destroyed once, e.g. smashed into putty he loses, he cannot regen from almost nothing like at the end of Prototype

Kratos is how he is recently, including GOW 3 shown feats and weapons, ofcourse, he has not got the Blade of Olmypus since Mercer has it.

Thrall has all shaman and warrior powers from WoW as well as his other showings.

Alec Mason (Red Faction Guerilla) has all weapons, backpacks (can use any of their effects) and is invulnerable until the other 2 are dead, in which case he is as fleshy as any human.

http://community.redfaction.com/weapons

Go through the "weapons of the week" pages above to see all the backpacks and weapons of Mason.

NemeBro
no expression

So he has the Blade of Olympus...Which gives him the power to kill a God in one attack...The Golden Gauntlets, which will multiply his strength thousands of times, which would make him a multiply thousand tonner easily, Cole's Lightning powers, which are pretty good and stuff, and the speed of Dante...Making him an effortless bullet-timer.

Yeah, combined with his shapeshifting, durability, regeneration, and powerful AOE attacks, I would say he wins.

Burning thought
Well considering all of them have AOE attacks, some of them huge I dont think his speed will help him stay away from everything and his Regen only helps him to a degree. Ive heard from the Warcraft group who read the books that at some point Thrall splits mountains or something with his powers and Shamans in WoW can slow opponents using various totems and shocks that are not projectiles.

Alec if you look at his weapons loadout has a fast fireing nano rifle that turns what it touches into putty (walls, buildings, tanks etc) as well as thermobaric explosives (seen in Prototype) and can make small singularities/blackholes.

NemeBro
Alex is already able to take a city-block sized explosion without any injury at all.

Also, with Dante's speed...He kills Alec before he gets a shot off.

Same with Thrall.

Kratos will even fall before the Blade of Olympus wielded by a being who now rivals him in strength.

Burning thought
Originally posted by NemeBro
Alex is already able to take a city-block sized explosion without any injury at all.

Also, with Dante's speed...He kills Alec before he gets a shot off.

Same with Thrall.

Kratos will even fall before the Blade of Olympus wielded by a being who now rivals him in strength.

Read the OP, Alec is invulerable until the other two are dead....and Dante is not that fast especially when his opponents can slow him. Kratos has his Earthquake powers and Alec has singularity bombs and Thrall his totems.

Even if he does Kill Kratos or thrall, by then Alec could have easily dropped a singularity bomb which in his haste Mercer would likely fall prety too or run into a Nano shot from the Nano rifle.

Q'Anilia
Is this an intentional stomp?

Burning thought
Why would it be intentional, that doesnt even make sense....certainly not with the thread in mind. But if theres no a single shaman spell that can stop Dantes speed then perhaps a lot of the team will die.

Q'Anilia
Yes it does. Perhaps the motive doesn't, but the sentence does.

Not with Mercer having the speed I've been told he has, and the durability.

ArtificialGlory
It would require pure luck and very good teamwork to bring Alex down. Perhaps if Thrall managed to slow him down(although with Dante's speed he would still be hella fast) and Kratos managed to restrain him long enough for Alec and Thrall to get a shot at Alex.

I still say Alex with all those goodies wins 9/10 though.

P.S: I really don't know anything about this Alec person, but if his gun can really disintegrate stuff like that, then he would have a chance.

Gumachi
Spite?

Burning thought
Spite would mean that I created the thread to kill a character, considering I like all characters present that wouldnt make sense and if I wanted to spite a paticulour character anyway I wouldnt be thinking that Team 2 actually has a chance, combine all the slowing powers the team 2 posseses as well as the fact Alec has weapons that can certainly destroy and be rid of Mercer. Despite when I created this thread I had Mercer VS an army in mind team 2 still have tools to slow Mercer so that he can be attacked, for example the slowing totem combined with the many shocks or slows that a Shaman has could stop Mercers momentum, Kratos has the ability to turn Mercer to stone while Alec is invincible until the other 2 die so he could spend all the time between that end shooting disintegrating bolts or planting down singularity bombs whos range are not much more than a typical mine (id guess about 4-5 meters) but would wipe out the thread and actually suck in opponents (singualrity/mini black hole). I would bet Kratos' Earthquake and the stunning bolts of his Chronos rage could slow if not knock Mercer off balance.

XanatosForever
Don't forget Alec has the M.O.A.B. at his disposal as well. I don't know how well it'd affect Mercer, but it might be good for a distraction. laughing

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Burning thought
the slowing totem combined with the many shocks or slows that a Shaman has could stop Mercers momentum

Don't let the functions of World of Warcraft combat elude you. Things aren't always what they seem. If Mercer is 50+ class strength, then the Totem function won't hold him and the shocks not effect him.

Burning thought
Why would having high strength mean hes not effected by a shock? it would daze his senses or even knock him out and I only gave him Coles lighting powers, not his absorbtion of lightning (if he has it) so shocks and lightning would damage him just as badly, earthquakes would also knock him off balance, not that Dante is really that fast, not fast enough to defeat 2 AOE powers AND Alecs weapons at once.

Q'Anilia
An electric blast by Thrall would suffice, if Mercer weren't so fast that Thrall would never get a chance to react. The binding totems that you preivously thought about brings up roots from the ground to snare its targets, but Mercer is much too strong to be slowed down by those. Varian Wrynn could with little strain free himself from our common rooting effect and he's not even a 1+ class strength. Mercer would with ease walk straight through any roots.

The shock of ice or snow works in the manner that they cover limbs with frost and ice. Given Mercer's strength, that ice, and that frost will shatter or pass unnoticed with little difficulty. That won't help them either, that under the assumption that Thrall would ever get a chance to react to Mercer.

Thrall has used Earthquake once in lore, and it's granted that it was an extremely powerful spell, but it required focus. Thrall didn't just snap his fingers. He had to summon the forces of nature, and once they had heeded his words, he had to focus to keep them there.

Dante in the 4th game moved faster than the eye could read. That's enough to beat Thrall.

Burning thought
Dante is not too fast....not for lightning to strike him of any kind, and your talking as if theres only one person at a time, while Mercer runs at thrall to punch his head off Alec mason has spread the area with singularity mines or fired a spread of thermobaric explosions while Kratos charges up the power to turn Mercer to stone, timing it just right so that as his Dantes speed gets him within range he is turned instantly into a block of stone.

Also your treating mercer like he is Dante, ive not given him Dantes character or personality, Mercer still has a vast quantity of other abilities, many of which are not builton speed but from jumping and throwing himself from the sky, just because hes gained a boost in speed does not mean thats all he would use.

He was also defeated and impaled by a kid who has no feats of speed to equel Dantes, Show me where Dante moved so quickly, because I dont remember it, Dante has dodged bullets but that does not make him as quick as one, and its often said that the hand is typically quicker than the eye.

Q'Anilia
I don't know where to get it, or what to search for. He shows it when he fights that giant in DMC4.

Originally posted by Burning thought
Dante has dodged bullets but that does not make him as quick as one, and its often said that the hand is typically quicker than the eye.

I'm the last person you need to tell that. I'm the one on this forum you see debating against speed feats.

ScreamPaste
This is ridiculous, you made him stronger than Kratos, gave him the BoO, and made him as fast as Dante.. @_@ SPITE.

Ultimate Wil
This is a lame-ass thread, Mercer wins easily with the abilities you gave him.

Burning thought
He is dissolved or absorbed into a singularity by Mason or turned to stone by Kratos.

XanatosForever
Greater speed + reaction time means Kratos can't keep him in his sights long enough to stone him, nor will the AoE work, since he can outrun it. He dodge Alec's potshots until he's finished off the first two, then the guerilla is so much monkey chow.

Burning thought
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Greater speed + reaction time means Kratos can't keep him in his sights long enough to stone him, nor will the AoE work, since he can outrun it. He dodge Alec's potshots until he's finished off the first two, then the guerilla is so much monkey chow.

Kratos does not need to keep him in his sites, the AOE stone is an enormous AOE, you cant run out of it and he wouldnt know when its coming, he would get into about 8 meters within Kratos' range and BOOM the gorgon head flashes with light and Mercer is a statue.

Dodge every one while dodging Kratos swinging his blades and the Shaman letting loose earthquakes that splitting the land or totems and lightning attacks? I didnt increase Mercers durability, one hit from Kratos and hes probably going to be mush if he doesnt block, Mercer and Thrall are not going to sit back and relax while hes tossing Kratos around either.

And th guerilla? he prob just jumps back as Mercer jumps at him, not noticing the tiny box on the floor that opens into a singularity and absorbs the poor bugger.

Dante is not as quick as you seem to want to believe, certainly not while in a fight and trying to defeat opponents. With the right spacing between them Mercer could be fireing thermobaric warheads, huge missles that would turn Mercer into a stain on the ground if he does not get out of the blast.

XanatosForever
Mercer already has a ranged tentacle attack that trumps the AoE attacks of the team. He can just grab Thrall, pull him in, split him with the BoO, then toss the pieces at Kratos and rinse, repeat.

Burning thought
Ill advised, Mercer cannot run or hardly move while using the tentacle, as soon as he stops to use it unless hes flying through the air then he gets dissolved by a Mason shot or turned to stone. This tactic of yous all takes time regardless of any speed enhancement ive given Mercer, slicing Thrall, pulling him in etc hell even transforming his arm from hands to tentacle takes a second or so....

XanatosForever
Yeah, Mercer slows down when using the tentacle, but keep in mind that with Dante's speed, everything moves faster, that includes the shape change, tentacle release, the pull, all of it. I could see Mercer dropping Thrall in a quick moment, and following through with the same scenario.

Burning thought
No not necesserily, Dantes speed as in, his legs, his movements, Dante has no speed affecting tranformations......the pull and release I may be able to factor but you see, Dante has no appendages like a tentacle, so its a long haul to think Dante would be quicker with it than Mercer, Dantes a fast runner, a quick fighter, but his speed is not high enough to stop Kratos, Thrall and an invicible Mason all at once without getting a hit.

As I said, Mercer cannot move when using the tentacle to throw out, unless ofcourse he is in the air at the time, either way hes going to have some tmiing between selecting diffrent powers.

XanatosForever
Well, hold on there. At first you said he had little to no movement when using the tentacle on the ground, meaning he still had at least a little bit of motion. Even if it's just the ability to shuffle, combined with Dante's speed, it'll enhance that.

You say his speed is in his legs, but where has there been showings that Dante can run like the dickens, but is slower than molasses when wielding his weapons? You can't pick and choose how an ability works, you have to take it for all that it is, and that means that all of Mercer's abilities will be faster.

Assuming Mercer is motionless during his tentacle attack on the ground, then he can simply take to the skies, and with the enhanced speed still catch Thrall and have him reeled in within a few seconds.

Burning thought
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Well, hold on there. At first you said he had little to no movement when using the tentacle on the ground, meaning he still had at least a little bit of motion. Even if it's just the ability to shuffle, combined with Dante's speed, it'll enhance that.

You say his speed is in his legs, but where has there been showings that Dante can run like the dickens, but is slower than molasses when wielding his weapons? You can't pick and choose how an ability works, you have to take it for all that it is, and that means that all of Mercer's abilities will be faster.

Assuming Mercer is motionless during his tentacle attack on the ground, then he can simply take to the skies, and with the enhanced speed still catch Thrall and have him reeled in within a few seconds.

Ok so it will be from a slow shuffle to a quicker shuffle....no major diffrence.

No...speed is all about what momentum and forces you can control with your body, Dante can control his legs, movements with a sword, sure, but that does not mean that a whip is going to be faster, its based on diffrent principles, friciton etc...

a few seconds is all it really takes for a good few shots on him with a dissolve gun or for Kratos to charge stone powers....besides Shamans have many shields, fire, cold etc, theyll harm Mercer, so will shocks, he could hit Mercer with that shot burst or w/e that annoying spell disrupter is and knock him off balance out of the air, hell if hes knocked out of the air (where Dantes speed will not help him) he has the choice of falling like a rock and having Kratos, Thrall AND mason the ability to have pot shots at him, OR he can slowly glide....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.