Ep III Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
This question has probably been asked before, so I apologize before hand.

Okay, I just got thinking, why didn't Obi Wan join Yoda in facing the Emperor instead of splitting off? Maybe Yoda thought he could've taken him solo?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
there's an Anakin problem.

Slash_KMC
Plus, Obi-Wan would have just bothered Yoda more than he would have Sids.

Placidity
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome

Anakin isn't a problem at all. He is a nobody in terms of political power or influence at that point in time. With the Emperor killed, he would've been lost. Also, Yoda could've taken him out easily after Sidious was defeated

Also, I know some people are going to come up with the explanation that Kenobi would have had 'got in the way', which is an utterly poor excuse that nobody should buy.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
That is a good point, tho. Yoda and Obi-Wan could do tag team or something.

hm... maybe Obi-Wan was sent to take care of Anakin because he's... well, he is really powerful - chosen one and all, but he's just reckless and... well, he doesn't think clearly. maybe yoda thought he was a menace or something.

Slash_KMC
Excuse? No, it's just a fact.

Reasons? I could repeat a lot from this thread.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...Obi-Wan's good, but not that good, eh?

Slash_KMC
Saberwise, he's very good. But Forcewise compared to Sids, he would just get 'in the way' (yeah, I said it). Just look at how he got discarded by Dooku in RotS and how Dooku escaped Yoda in AotC.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
agreed. Sidious would just pwn Obi-Wan when Yoda's not occupied, and would use that to his disadvantage.

hindrance, yeah.

queeq
Sounds fair.

Placidity
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Excuse? No, it's just a fact.

Reasons? I could repeat a lot from this thread.

Lol 'a fact', you must not know the definition of 'fact'.

Well I'll wait until someone else finds that excuse rather pathetic. I get this feeling people are just thinking 'SW must always be right', but really its a movie logical mistake or a mistake on Yoda's part.

Yoda had Sidious completely tied up in battle in their fight (until the latter part), Obi Wan attacking from behind would've been a nice distraction giving Yoda a chance to take him.

If theres this 'getting in the way' crap, then why did Obi Wan and Qui Gon try to take Maul at the same time? At the time Qui Gon was a Master, and Obi Wan only a padawan. If there was ever a case of 'getting in the way', it would've happened here.

Why did Obi Wan tell a raging Anakin to stop and that they should take Dooku together in Ep II?

Why did Anakin learn his lesson to fight together in Ep III?

Why did Mace Windu take some lesser Jedi Masters with him to confront Sidious? Yes they were significantly lesser Jedi compared to Windu, just as Obi Wan is compared to Yoda.

And I'm not going to buy this 'Yoda is concerned for Obi Wan's safety' crap. Yoda is a warrior that has seen hundreds of years of battle and lost many allies. You didn't see Mace have a little emotional breakdown after his fellow Jedi were slain. Yoda knows what is at stake here, he would destroy Sidious at all costs as the fate of the galaxy is at hand. If Obi Wan was slain, Sidious must've left himself momentarily open to Yoda's attack to do it. Yoda would've pounced on that opportunity.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Point.

that's a good question. Maybe Yoda deemed Anakin that much of a threat?

or its also quite possibly ignored because the drama of the movie calls for an epic battle between brothers.

Slash_KMC

Placidity
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Ah, for fvck sake.

Better than you apparently.

Ah I don't deal with arrogant types like you. And no, you clearly don't understand the word 'fact' in the slightest.

Slash_KMC
So... the only thing you noticed from my post is my arrogant "better than you apparently", which was actually a response to your not arrogant at all "Lol 'a fact', you must not know the definition of 'fact'." and you responded with another not so arrogant at all "You clearly don't understand the word 'fact' in the slightest."

Nice one. But okay, you're allowed to take the easy road out.

Wait, this must've made me more arrogant right?

queeq
Language, guys. Keep it civilised.

DarthLazious

Exactly.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
total revision of whatever the heck i've said:

Yoda can't bring Obi because he might get in the way. Yes, whoever said something about the AOTC Dooku fight is one of those examples. Sids take down Obi, and they continue on the Yoda-Sids battle, and it would prolly end the same way.
Only now Luke wouldn't have anyone to watch over him and train him.

Next, there's the ANAKIN PROBLEM, as I have said. Anakin may not be politically dangerous or something, but if he continues spiraling down the path of darkness he'll prolly become really powerful and could start terrorizing people and all that - adding the fact he's the chosen one only increases the risk. Also, if Yoda takes down sids, and Obi-Wan takes down ani, there would be some "balance", a.k.a light side wins.

If I think of anything else to add, I'll put up another message. or edit, if my thought comes early enough.

Slash_KMC
And Obi-Wan was the perfect choice to fight Anakin, having trained Anakin and being the ultimate master of defense.

Originally posted by queeq
Language, guys. Keep it civilised.

smile

queeq
Smile's good

~JP~
Originally posted by Placidity
Anakin isn't a problem at all. He is a nobody in terms of political power or influence at that point in time.

Maybe not but at that point in time he's probably damn near the strongest force user in the galaxy. (PROVIDING that he doesnt allow his arrogance to take over, which of course he did in his battle with Obi-Wan, which was his downfall.)

queeq
Yup.

DarthLazious

You think?

queeq
There is?

sweersa
Of course not, did you guys happen to see the video interview with current age Jake Lloyd? He seems jaded.

Sith Stalker
sorry but i have to say something a boutthis choosen one crap. butthis is a very good question about yoad and obi-wan teaming to take out sidious. Anakin wasnt it the choossen one so if sidious would have died anakin when suffer from being called a traitor. the prophecy was read wrong by anakin. anakin isnt the choosen one its hes grandkids that were the choosen ones. but other that that i think that yoda and obi-wan would have been able to take care of sidious. anakin would still be part of the dark side but would have been hunted down and killed by the jedi after sidious died.

Sith Stalker
also sorry for some of the miss spelling and the words being close together in some parts im working off a laptop so it some times fvcks with me.

Hybris
Originally posted by Sith Stalker
sorry but i have to say something a boutthis choosen one crap. anakin isnt the choosen one its hes grandkids that were the choosen ones. but other that that i think that yoda and obi-wan would have been able to take care of sidious.

Yoda had a hard time against Sidious, Obi Wan would have been dead within a matter of minutes.

And Anakin is the chosen one, GL said so himself.

roughrider
Too much of a gamble. Both Obi Wan and Yoda face Sidious and lose, there's no one to stop Anakin who's causing his own reign of misery in his part of the galaxy. Yoda had to think one of them must survive at all cost, to keep the hope of a Jedi revival in the future.

DarthArchon
1.Yes there is a anakin problem.cause after his mission to mustafar he plan to kill the emperor ( a thing he could easely do if he hasn't been beaten on mustafar) and take the power palpatine had.

2. obi-wan would have been in the way, the battle between yoda and sids is too powerful for obi-wan to just stand a few second. sids would just have to take 2 sec to beat obi-wan and start again with yoda.

Anakin_the_Hutt
The mission that Yoda and Obi-Wan were tasked with was to destroy the Sith. Yoda told Obi-Wan that he was not strong enough to face the Emperor. Only Yoda could step up to the Emperor - that's a closed door match. The other Sith was Anakin, and Obi-Wan knew he at least had a chance at taking his ass down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.