Firelord vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
I think this is a very close battle. When Firelordamps his strength he was able to stand toe-to-toe with guys like Thor and Hercules, so the strength is very close between these 2. So who takes it?

DrDoom101
if superman gets his powers from the sun, does he get power from superlord's heat too?

kgkg
Originally posted by DrDoom101
if superman gets his powers from the sun, does he get power from superlord's heat too?
Firelord Flames are Cosmic in nature that why SS had to adjust himself before he could try to absorb his flames.

ImmortalOne
Supez wins

snoopdogg
I got this idea from the Firelord/Wonder Woman thread.

Firelord with pimp cane vs Superman Who wins?

soleran30
Actually lol pc supes would have had a much harder time with Firelord because of what Firelord can do ie manipulate gravity and such..........

Now SM just doesn't have many weakness's. He doesn't do some of the planet throwing but he doesn't have any glaring weakness's pc supes didsad

Oh well Supes should be able to win unless Firelord can do some crazy ass backflips and kung fu with that pimp cane otherwise SM gonna stick wheere the sun don't shine in Firelord (psstt don't think to hard cuz there aren't many spots like that on/in himsmile

Femi32
big grin

soleran30
That picture there of Superman gives Joker a boner!

and its right here.........................

UniOmni
Firelord 4.5/10

snoopdogg
I say Firelord 2/10.

grey fox
Firelord get's speedblitzed

Hit and Run
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I say Firelord 2/10.
Agreed. What little I know about Firelord has never really impressed me.

wannabe
Basically Firelord is a living star empowered by the power cosmic. Couldn't he just turn into a small red sun (emmitting the radiation of it) ?!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by wannabe
Basically Firelord is a living star empowered by the power cosmic. Couldn't he just turn into a small red sun (emmitting the radiation of it) ?! I'v never heard of Firelord doing such a thing.

wannabe
I'v never heard of Firelord doing such a thing. That's not the question!
The question is whether it is reasonable to assume he can do it or not.
A red star is as ordinary as a yellow one and Firelord basically generates the energies of a star (among other effects), so...

Marcus4600
It's very possible, but who said Speedblitz? Most of the heralds can move faster than light speed!

thesilverspider
That's not the question!
The question is whether it is reasonable to assume he can do it or not.
A red star is as ordinary as a yellow one and Firelord basically generates the energies of a star (among other effects), so...
I think he could.

snoopdogg
Firelord cannot use his power cosmic the same way Norrin Radd does. This is what people call scraping the bottom of the barrell.

Good try though I guess some people would trying say anything just so Supes looses.

wannabe
Firelord cannot use his power cosmic the same way Norrin Radd does. 1) I'm well aware of the fact, that Norrin is way more versatile with his power cosmic.

2) I'm not talking about erecting forcefields, draining powers, manipulating and transforming matter or the likes, i'm talking about simple stellar emissions, which are basically the most obvious expression of Firelords powers.
Whether he creates "fire" like a white, yellow, brown, blue or red star would be of absolutely no significance in a fight against anyone else and i'm sure, if Supes wouldn't care about types of stars either, you would agree, that it is quite reasonable to assume that Firelord is able to copy each "starfire".

This is what people call scraping the bottom of the barrell.

Good try though I guess some people would trying say anything just so Supes looses.Using sarcasm to attack the debater instead of the thoughts and arguments he/she is proposing, is not exactly a sign of good style (reminds me of politicians btw).

Sir Whirlysplat
1) I'm well aware of the fact, that Norrin is way more versatile with his power cosmic.

2) I'm not talking about erecting forcefields, draining powers, manipulating and transforming matter or the likes, i'm talking about simple stellar emissions, which are basically the most obvious expression of Firelords powers.
Whether he creates "fire" like a white, yellow, brown, blue or red star would be of absolutely no significance in a fight against anyone else and i'm sure, if Supes wouldn't care about types of stars either, you would agree, that it is quite reasonable to assume that Firelord is able to copy each "starfire".

Using sarcasm to attack the debater instead of the thoughts and arguments he/she is proposing, is not exactly a sign of good style (reminds me of politicians btw).

Hercules and Spiderman have both beaten this "herald" level herald being up smile in continuity, so much for firelord!

wannabe
Yeah, and Spidey once successfully fought Norrin and the Hulk, and the Avengers once punched Galactus to unconsciousness, and do i even have to start summarizing several Wolverine feats?!
We're talking about "realistic" feats according to the characters status in their given universe, not about ridiculous failures of ignorant writers.
Certainly a writer has the "power" to make Spidey send Firelord into a river and making the cooling water hurt him (ok, he usually is at home in space with temperatures of about 2 degrees Kelvin, but who cares), but does this make it in any way believable???

samishe
There is nothing wrong with spider-man defeating firelord.
Look Firelord was blown up twice in that comics and then he had to take few hundred spider-man hits. No wonder he was KOed.

wannabe
roll eyes (sarcastic) if you say so...

samishe
roll eyes (sarcastic) if you say so...

What is this sarcasm for?erm

wannabe
Originally posted by samishe
What is this sarcasm for?erm Sorry for that, it's bad style and i can only explain it with the resignation of an old man!

Seriously - Is it in any way realistic, that a being, which is able to effortlessly survive in the cold vacuum of space, which is able to resist the millions of atm pressure and the nuclear heat within stars, which can produce energy outputs equal to the stars and which is a cosmically empowered herald of one of the mightiest non abstract cosmic beings in the Marvel universe can be seriously hurt by some punches of a man, who can generate the weight pressure of about 10 tons, or by the cooling effects of a river, or by the heat generated by some conventional explosions???

samishe
Sorry for that, it's bad style and i can only explain it with the resignation of an old man!

Seriously - Is it in any way realistic, that a being, which is able to effortlessly survive in the cold vacuum of space, which is able to resist the millions of atm pressure and the nuclear heat within stars, which can produce energy outputs equal to the stars and which is a cosmically empowered herald of one of the mightiest non abstract cosmic beings in the Marvel universe can be seriously hurt by some punches of a man, who can generate the weight pressure of about 10 tons, or by the cooling effects of a river, or by the heat generated by some conventional explosions???

Sounds convincing.

Soujaboy
bump

Photon009
Current Annihilation Firelord

vs

Pre-Infinite Crisis/OYL Superman

Who takes this?

Redatom65
Superman ermhappy

jollyjim311
Firelord doesn't usually go into battles with intent (or capacity) to use his powers to their full potential. Which he would need to do if he was up against Supes.

Superman takes the majority.

Bouboumaster
Any heralds of Galactus can defeat Sups via matter manipulation.

His Airness
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Any heralds of Galactus can defeat Sups via matter manipulation.

Matter manipulation that doesn't exactly work? Interesting. ermm

Hyperion Prime
Supes wrecks him!!! I don't know if it's possible but, I could Superman blow out Firelords flame?

batdude123
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
could Superman blow Firelord?

scared

His Airness
Supes wrecks him!!! Superman blows Firelords?

Reported. ermm

carver9
Firelord using the full extent of his powers beats superman but if we're using the one that spiderman fought superman wins 10/10

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Firelord using the full extent of his powers beats superman but if we're using the one that spiderman fought superman wins 10/10 Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz.
laughing

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz. Speed blitz.
laughing

Who is getting speed blitzed, you do know that firelord moves faster than light. rolling on floor laughing

Badabing
Who is getting speed blitzed, you do know that firelord moves faster than light. rolling on floor laughing Clark moves so fast that he can create a "boom tube" like tunnel in space. He can go intangible also. wink

I honestly just wanted to post speed blitz. stick out tongue

carver9
Clark moves so fast that he can create a "boom tube" like tunnel in space. He can go intangible also. wink

I honestly just wanted to post speed blitz. stick out tongue

I know you were just playing and I know that you tried to get to me typing speed blitz but thats ok, youre still cool with me. But you do deserve this mad

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by batdude123
scared

Yeah that's what I typed. Real mature what are you 12, 13 years old roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

charlemagne9746
Pre-Crisis Supes' should wreck any Herald of Galactus...he was just too powerful.

His Airness
Yeah that's what I typed. Real mature I love 12, 13 years olds roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

sick

Redatom65
Originally posted by His Airness
sick

I think someone's bored ermmhappy

His Airness
Originally posted by Redatom65
I think someone's found my secret My Space profile. Damn, and I had all those kids on there. ermmhappy

sick

Badabing
I know you were just playing and I know that you tried to get to me typing speed blitz but thats ok, youre still cool with me. But you do deserve this mad It worked! eek! You typed it! Happy Dance

carver9
It worked! eek! You typed it! Happy Dance

laughing

yeah, you got me. I told you I dont know when to take you serious.

golem370
Could Firelord sapp the solar energy out of Superman?

Photon009
Originally posted by golem370
Could Firelord sapp the solar energy out of Superman?

Theoretically yes. Also i dont think Superman could take Firelord's cosmic flame that well, it would really hurt him bad IMO. And on top of that, Firelord has gone h2h with Thor without a problem, and has stalemated Thor on multiple occasions so it would take a lot to put Firelord down. I give Firelord the win 6-7/10. I personally believe almost any herald other than the weaker ones such as Air-Walker, Nova, and Terrax could take down Superman, and even those 3 could give him a fight. Heralds are very powerful, and even more importantly against Superman, incredibly versatile.

Endless Mike
In character I don't see Firelord taking a majority. He is not that creative or intelligent with his powers.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Photon009
Theoretically yes. Also i dont think Superman could take Firelord's cosmic flame that well, it would really hurt him bad IMO. And on top of that, Firelord has gone h2h with Thor without a problem, and has stalemated Thor on multiple occasions so it would take a lot to put Firelord down. I give Firelord the win 6-7/10. I personally believe almost any herald other than the weaker ones such as Air-Walker, Nova, and Terrax could take down Superman, and even those 3 could give him a fight. Heralds are very powerful, and even more importantly against Superman, incredibly versatile.

Nah. Only Herald to be above Supes is Surfer IMO, and even Surfer loses a couple of times to Superman. Kal-El is not to be taken lightly. Firelord stalemating Thor? Supes met Thor and showed him that the dials go up to 11.

Superman wins this.

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Nah. Only Herald to be above Supes is Surfer IMO, and even Surfer loses a couple of times to Superman. Kal-El is not to be taken lightly. Firelord stalemating Thor? Supes met Thor and showed him that the dials go up to 11.

Superman wins this.

Take away Supes' vulnerability to red sun radiation and magic....and not even Surfer could do anything with him. Especially the pre-crisis Superman in this thread

carver9
Originally posted by Superboy Prime

Superman wins this.

Well since youre using that superman and thor fight let me use when superman got owned by venom roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Take away Supes' vulnerability to red sun radiation and magic....and not even Surfer could do anything with him. Especially the pre-crisis Superman in this thread

And take away the fact that he is getting hit with cosmic powers and might be getting hit with whatever else, then maybe he'll win this fight.

Firelord 7-8/10

charlemagne9746
And take away the fact that he is getting hit with cosmic powers and might be getting hit with whatever else, then maybe he'll win this fight.

Firelord 7-8/10

Nah...it'll take Surfer to get a majority on Supes. Firelord isn't gonna do it. Superman has taken Omega blasts before...more lethal than cosmic blasts. Superman isn't just gonna sit there and let Firelord hit him either. This is pre-crisis Supes...so..he definitely has the speed advantage. Superman would be rocking Firelord with haymakers at the start. Pre-Crisis Superman wins this 10/10...post crisis takes it 7/10

darthgoober
This isn't Pre Crisis Supes, it's pre INFINITE Crisis Supes.

carver9
Nah...it'll take Surfer to get a majority on Supes. Firelord isn't gonna do it. Superman has taken Omega blasts before...more lethal than cosmic blasts. Superman isn't just gonna sit there and let Firelord hit him either. This is pre-crisis Supes...so..he definitely has the speed advantage. Superman would be rocking Firelord with haymakers at the start. Pre-Crisis Superman wins this 10/10...post crisis takes it 7/10

Who hasnt taken the omega blast. Thats not a good feat these days.

Superman dont have to sit there and let firelord do anything since firelord might be faster than him. He dont have a choice but to get hit. Unless youre telling me that mongul is faster than firelord. Now if this is pre crisis superman he wins this 10/10, post crisis loses badly 7/10. Majority all heralds have the same kind of powers, except some know how to control theres better.

Kris Blaze
Couldn't find this in the search mmm

batdude123
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Couldn't find this in the search mmm

Superman.

And...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=452232&highlight=title%3A
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=395402&highlight=title%3A
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377411&highlight=title%3A

Closed.

leonidas
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman.

And...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=452232&highlight=title%3A
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=395402&highlight=title%3A
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377411&highlight=title%3A

Closed.

mad

you beat me to it!!

and supes does win, imo.

Kris Blaze
seriously, what the hell xD

I did an advanced search for "Superman vs Firelord" and none of them came up.

leonidas
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
seriously, what the hell xD

I did an advanced search for "Superman vs Firelord" and none of them came up.

i said the same thing a couple times on threads i've made. not sure what the deal is with that advanced search . . . erm

batdude123
Originally posted by leonidas
i said the same thing a couple times on threads i've made. not sure what the deal is with that advanced search . . . erm

It's pretty easy.

Raoul
ok, merged em all.

Kris Blaze
Assimilation!

Bouboumaster
On paper, Firelord should win every damn time due to his powerset.
Without PIS, it would end like this:

FL- "Who are you?"
S-"I'M SUPERMAN, *****!"
FL-"You're not super at all."
S-"Wut!?"
*Firelord absorb all the solar energy out of Superman*
S-"What did you just did!?"
*Firelord wack Sups head off*
The end.

With PIS, Superman win with at least 7 wins on 10

batdude123
On paper, Firelord should win every damn time due to his powerset.

Not even close.

Without PIS, it would end like this:

FL- "Who are you?"
S-"I'M SUPERMAN, *****!"
FL-"You're not super at all."
S-"Wut!?"
*Firelord absorb all the solar energy out of Superman*
S-"What did you just did!?"
*Firelord wack Sups head off*
The end.

Yes, because without PIS, that's EXACTLY how a fight between them would go... facepalm

Wild Shadow
firelord ftw 7/10 via energy absorption. he has shown to use his power in this manner multiple times once was with super nova another was with re entry into earth with the fantastic four and 3rd while fighting SS. i think its very reasonable that he would see supes solar energy power and simply absorb it and remove it from his body.

Raoul
is he going to do it while simultaneously stopping superman from accessing the sun's energies? cos he'd have to do that too.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Raoul
is he going to do it while simultaneously stopping superman from accessing the sun's energies? cos he'd have to do that too.

supes would be to weak to fight FL even if he was able to re energize himself it would take time for supes to gather sufficient energy to challenge FL again.

Raoul
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
supes would be to weak to fight FL even if he was able to re energize himself it would take time for supes to gather sufficient energy to challenge FL again.

actually it wouldn't. if he has direct access to solar energy or sunlight, the energy will recharge almost as fast as it is taken away from him.

firelord has to cut him off from the sun if he wants to drain him.

batdude123

Not when it's been shown that he can simultaneously draw more solar energy into his body as it's being sapped.

Wild Shadow
actually it wouldn't. if he has direct access to solar energy or sunlight, the energy will recharge almost as fast as it is taken away from him.

firelord has to cut him off from the sun if he wants to drain him.

it hasnt work so well in the past by his own admission when he fought triumph and said he would die if he removed all the solar energy from his cells. black masque also showed the ray how easily it would be to kill supes with their power set by removing his solar energy from his cells during a mental link. also when death masque was disguised as the golden age ray he was able to sense supermans solar energy and hated supes and thought to himself how easily he could kill superman right their and then. stick out tongue

Raoul
it hasnt work so well in the past by his own admission when he fought triumph and said he would die if he removed all the solar energy from his cells. black masque also showed the ray how easily it would be to kill supes with their power set by removing his solar energy from his cells during a mental link. also when death masque was disguised as the golden age ray he was able to sense supermans solar energy and hated supes and thought to himself how easily he could kill superman right their and then. stick out tongue

removing the solar energy from superman's cells doesnt kill him. he just becomes human level.

triumph during morrison's jla? he's had newer showings to contradict that.

batdude123
it hasnt work so well in the past by his own admission when he fought triumph and said he would die if he removed all the solar energy from his cells.

Which, if you think about it, is completely stupid and illogical.

And...

Wild Shadow
removing the solar energy from superman's cells doesnt kill him. he just becomes human level.

post a link really want see it. cool

Raoul
post a link really want see it. cool

Sure:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_17-01.jpg

Wild Shadow
was he a massive lvl energy manipulator? i mean i have seen supes recharge in the past while fighting bizzaro/ mongul. but i always took it as a moderate lvl conscious control for him to redraw energy into his body. thats why i gave supes 3/10 wins. it just doesnt seem to stack up against a cosmic or master energy manipulator.

snoopdogg
Superman stomps.

batdude123
was he a massive lvl energy manipulator? i mean i have seen supes recharge in the past while fighting bizzaro/ mongul. but i always took it as a moderate lvl conscious control for him to redraw energy into his body. thats why i gave supes 3/10 wins. it just doesnt seem to stack up against a cosmic or master energy manipulator.

Ruin was constantly pumping red solar radiation into Superman's body in effort to depower him. However, his body started absorbing energy and he immediately recharged himself when he was exposed to the sun.

It's not at all like a fight between him and Mongul.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.