Killing of youngling. A retard maneuver?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Why did Sideous order Vader to kill the younglings? Considering they were young enough to re-train in the ways of the Darkside and he'd then have several more Darths under his command.

steverules_2
Wrong part of the forum...should be in the PT forum

Robtard
My error, I sent a request.

Nemesis X
Anakin has become the Sith version of Freddy Krueger.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
there can be only two. A master and an apprentice, no more, no less.

jalek moye
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
but you can still have random dark jedi around

queeq
Not canon that.

JediRobin23
Palpatine wanted to kill anyone (force beings) that would be a threat to him. Killing all Jedi seemed like the logical thing to do, so nothing would stop him

queeq
Really???

General G
It didn't work so well for him did it?

queeq
G!!!!!!!!

General G
Originally posted by General G
q!!!!!!!

stick out tongue

queeq
laughing out loud

Jovan
Originally posted by jalek moye
but you can still have random dark jedi around besides being non-canon: you can better control 1 person (Darth Vader) than a dozen.

General G
I know a certain Pope who would disagree.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Jovan
besides being non-canon: you can better control 1 person (Darth Vader) than a dozen.

how are dark jedi non canon

wasn't ventress one

Jovan
Originally posted by jalek moye
how are dark jedi non canon

wasn't ventress one
ans she isn't mentioned in the films. I can't remember if she was mentioned in the books, but they too are semi-canon as the movies override them.

queeq
Ventress is till not officially canon.

Jovan
I looked on wookiepedia, she got a mention in the ROTS novel apperently but considering the movies stated that there is only a darkside and a lightside, there can't be a "grey" side with dark jedis (plus there are only 2 sith at a time).

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Why did Sideous order Vader to kill the younglings? Considering they were young enough to re-train in the ways of the Darkside and he'd then have several more Darths under his command. One master, one apprentice.

Nephthys
Actually, The Emperor had a number of Dark Jedi under him. At one point in fact he had one of his Hands (y'know, those assassin guys) cloned into an contingent of Darkside soldiers, until they went rogue and Vader had to kill them all. So both sides are right, in a way.

dark-jaina
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Palpatine wanted to kill anyone (force beings) that would be a threat to him. Killing all Jedi seemed like the logical thing to do, so nothing would stop him

that's true and maybe one out of all the younglings would not fall to the dark side. I think it has happen before, but i can't remember. smile

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Actually, The Emperor had a number of Dark Jedi under him. At one point in fact he had one of his Hands (y'know, those assassin guys) cloned into an contingent of Darkside soldiers, until they went rogue and Vader had to kill them all. So both sides are right, in a way.
That's not canon.

DarthLazious
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~

True that.

Placidity
Yet in canon it is not explained why there can only be two. So, in conclusion, Palps is retarded.

queeq
Sound reasoning....

Raptor 7789
Since I'm new I cant post a link but go on Youtube and search Darth Sidious gets a job. It's funny as! laughing

roughrider
You know the history expanded upon in the Phantom Menace novelization - it was the great number of Sith users a thousand years earlier, that help seal their fate against the Jedi. They fought & killed amongst themselves, because the dark side makes you greedy for power, so they helped the Jedi in wiping themselves out. The surviving Sith made a pledge to always keep their numbers small after that.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Jovan
ans she isn't mentioned in the films. I can't remember if she was mentioned in the books, but they too are semi-canon as the movies override them.

She's mentioned in the Clone Wars cartoon as well as the recent Clone Wars movie and weekly series. All of those are upper canon, as the George overwatches their production/storyline very closely. So, yes she is a canon character.

Ms.Marvel
no... theyre not upper canon.

Jinsoku Takai
They're not G-canon, but they are T-canon, hence upper canon. And they're certainly a higher level of canon than the EU books. Although, with that being said... nothing is absolute.

Quincy
One Master and One Apprentice are the canon rules of Siths?

That is just awful.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Quincy

That is just awful.

Yes, but Asajj isn't Sith, hence she isn't breaking canon. That applies to all "Dark Jedi/Acolytes" as well.

Jinsoku Takai
Basically, if GL had a hand in the making of said movie/series, then it should be considereed upper canon.

Quincy
That's really disappointing

Hybris
Originally posted by Quincy

That is just awful.

Yoda: Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.
Mace Windu: But which was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?

From the Phantom Menace smile

Sith Master X
Always two there are...but what was General Grievous supposed to be? He was trained by Count Dooku.

This much never made sense to me.

Hybris
Grievous wasn't force sensitive, so he was just one of Dooku's sidekicks, as were Durge and Ventress (with the latter never having been a real Sith)

jayce78
Getting back on subject a bit . . . .I did liked the Killing of the Youngling's at the hand's of Darth Skywalker. Mabie 'Liked' isn't the right word. But I thought it showed just how murderous and how far Skywalker was willing to go to sell his soul to the Dark Emperor. The story of Faust indeed.

K J H
Originally posted by jayce78
Getting back on subject a bit . . . .I did liked the Killing of the Youngling's at the hand's of Darth Skywalker. Mabie 'Liked' isn't the right word. But I thought it showed just how murderous and how far Skywalker was willing to go to sell his soul to the Dark Emperor. The story of Faust indeed.

It was like a test once he had done that there was no going back

ADarksideJedi
First of all I think the name its self is lame.I am a huge star wars fan so don't get me wrong but what kind of name is Young ones?They could had given it a better name then that or just call them kids.

InfernoJG95
well they are younglings as i qoute obi wan "not even the younglings survived"

queeq
A true Yoda word.

NowYouRemember
Originally posted by Placidity
Yet in canon it is not explained why there can only be two. So, in conclusion, Palps is retarded.

Lucas is.

ares834
Originally posted by roughrider
You know the history expanded upon in the Phantom Menace novelization - it was the great number of Sith users a thousand years earlier, that help seal their fate against the Jedi. They fought & killed amongst themselves, because the dark side makes you greedy for power, so they helped the Jedi in wiping themselves out. The surviving Sith made a pledge to always keep their numbers small after that.

thumb up

Unfortently the EU made this mythical Sith, Darth Bane, into a joke/fanboy's wet dream. Disapointing really, considering how cool the story sounded in the novel.

queeq
Did it? Never read it.

General G
Read it, queeq. I'll lend it to you.

Thoren
I thought Palpatine was clever to kill all this little bastards off.

General G
Clever or logical?

queeq
Prolly both

General G
Logically clever?

queeq
Something like that.

General G
Can you cite that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.