Thoughts on CGI Arnie in Salvation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LindaHamilton32
Hi guys. How are you? Hope you are well. Personally when I saw the CGI Arnold I thought they did a pretty good job.
http://geektyrant.com/2009/06/7679/

They used the best CGI artists and the best effects house in the world to bring CGI Arnold to life. They even utilized an advanced new program that was developed for James Cameron's Avatar film to create it.The scene with Arnold was pretty close to the type of cameo i'd envisioned he'd get. I always visioned that we'd have a scene in a factory and there are an infinite number of T-800's being made.Before i saw the movie last night i thought Bale would stumble on to a big assembly line of Arnolds...one would awake and hed have to run away (much like in the movie).Anway what did you think?Thanks

P.S I give TS an average rating of 6/10.Definitely better than Transformers 2 imo.

barand1
I thought the CG Arnold was great, certainly one of the better scenes. Wanted a bit more to be honest, even if it did look a little fake in some shots.

U Neek
The first pic at that link looks like he's about to turn into the Incredible Hulk!

Ahnold
Funnily enough, for all its incredible visual achievements, I didn't think that the 'young' Jeff Bridges in "Tron: Legacy" came off as well as the 'young' Arnold in T4 (although the former did, in fairness, have a hell of a lot more screentime) ...

elfirrepins
I thought it was pretty unnecessary. They could have added a lookalike (I mean, there are quite a few out there).

barand1
Originally posted by Ahnold
Funnily enough, for all its incredible visual achievements, I didn't think that the 'young' Jeff Bridges in "Tron: Legacy" came off as well as the 'young' Arnold in T4 (although the former did, in fairness, have a hell of a lot more screentime) ...

I'm happy you said that, I thought the same thing. It did seem very 'computer game' like. But in all fairness, like you said, there were a lot more shots of CG Bridges than Arnold.

Does anyone know why the Model 101 looked more bulky than it did in T1? Was it just a case of trying to make us believe that Arnold was more pumped all those years before, or was this model slightly inhanced?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.