Trasformers vs Transformers: ROTF

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
So I saw ROTF yesterday and although I thought it was ok I think the first one was better. So which one do you guys think is better?

dadudemon
Hmm.

As far as novelty and how awesome it was, the first one was better.

As far as story and effects, the second one was better.

Sadako of Girth
The first had more soul, the second less so, but it was bigger and shinier. Excellent 1st 35 mins, then it was back to usual "Dumber Faster more intense" direction mantra.

steverules_2
Yeah I thought the 1st one seemed great and the second one seemed to be more of...wanting to show off some cool effects and explosions and what not. I'd take a good storyline over a movie with great effects and explosions any day.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
The first had more soul, the second less so, but it was bigger and shinier. Excellent 1st 35 mins, then it was back to usual "Dumber Faster more intense" direction mantra. I thought hte second had more of an actual story and a story that was more logical.

It also showed better transformer character dynamic than the first.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by steverules_2
So I saw ROTF yesterday and although I thought it was ok I think the first one was better. So which one do you guys think is better?

The second felt more like Transformers to me, so I'll go with ROTF.

BruceSkywalker
Second one, but both are good

Darth Rex
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Second one, but both are good

I agree both movies are good but i liked the second one.

Q'Anilia
Agreed

Scythe
I actually don't like most origin stories if I know where the character/s originate from. It's weird, I loved the first one, but I felt like I wanted the movie to hurry up and establish the 'Bot and 'Cons. The second already had everything establish, so no beating around the bush was done, and we were given giant robot fighting.

roughrider
I like the new one; follows a lot of the sequel rules for being bigger and such. But I LOVED the first one - if they had charged twice as much for admission, I still felt it would have been worth it. It had more wonder, with the nods to past Spielberg pics like E.T. & Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Rex
I agree both movies are good but i liked the second one.

now i look forward to several more

Zack Fair
The 1st movie was better IMO.

The 2nd felt dumber. I didn't like the moronic twins. The nutsack shot wasn't needed. The story was...wait...was there any story? The autobots from the original got almost 0 screen time which kind of sucked...the only thing I liked was Optimus kicking ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.