The Witch (Left 4 Dead) Versus Big Daddy (Bioshock)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
The Infection has spread throughout the world. An airplane full of Infected crash, landing against a massive lighthouse in the middle of the ocean. Some Infected, including a Witch, find their way into a bathysphere and into Rapture. A majority of them get gunned down by Splicers, but the Witch continues to wander about.

A Little Sister, searching for Adam, comes across the Witch, which begins to growl and rise. The Bouncer comes up, moving the Little Sister out of the way and pushing the Witch, startling her. The fight is on...

Examples for each begin at 1:20

UF1HVlcXBmA

Here we see the Witch capable of piercing through metal, possible low or medium grade steel.

vNfgooIN25Y

While for the Bouncer, we can see it is durable enough to take multiple shotgun blasts.

Wei Phoenix
What weapon does the BD have? I'm pretty sure it easily wins regardless due to the Witch's suckage.

XanatosForever
It's a Bouncer, so it's got its drill. If by suckage you're referring to gameplay of the Witch, then don't. Clearly the Witch in canon is much more fiercesome, or the Survivors wouldn't be so worried about her.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by XanatosForever
It's a Bouncer, so it's got its drill. If by suckage you're referring to gameplay of the Witch, then don't. Clearly the Witch in canon is much more fiercesome, or the Survivors wouldn't be so worried about her.

Survivors don't have the BD's durability and in canon she couldn't even break through that door. She runs up on the BD and gets impaled by the drill, she has like no durability feats whatsoever. The survivors are worried because they didn't want to have to face another infected. If they can avoid one then they'll do so.

XanatosForever
True, she didn't break through the door fully, but a Bouncer isn't a door, and she won't be getting her arm stuck through it. She does also have a lack of duability, but I wouldn't say it's zero. Louis was clearly shooting at her arm, and if it didn't fall off, that has to say something.

In any case, after some more thought, I agree that the Witch may be out of her league. Not that I don't mind that, since I'm more of a Bioshock fanboy than a L4D one. wink

Nemesis X
Remember when the Big Daddy made its first appearence by getting pissed and killing a Splicer so badly, you probably felt bad for it? The Witch is gonna get owned just like that Splicer.

NemeBro
The Big Daddy throws her into a wall, snapping her neck.

jalek moye
Originally posted by XanatosForever
the gameplay of her is canon, she has low durability

urikane
Ok so here is a screenshot I took while playing the Big Daddy. (This was taken in a game called Garry's Mod.)

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Remember when the Big Daddy made its first appearence by getting pissed and killing a Splicer so badly, you probably felt bad for it? The Witch is gonna get owned just like that Splicer.

What he said.

steverules_2
The Big daddy could kill all witches if he wanted, the big daddy is just too powerful for the witch here, even without a drill or a gun I reckon the big daddy would still win...the witch would have a bigger advantage but BD would still win

EvilAngel
The Big Daddy takes this really easily imo.

XanatosForever
Note to self: make sure idiot threads are closed after starting them. mmm

NemeBro
You know Spider Splicers? The insane monsters that cut through seal of bathyspheres and tear them from their hinges?

Those things are deathly afraid of Big Daddies.

KingD19
Spider Slicers disturb me, they're regular people, strung out on Adam, who hold on to huge fishing hooks, and then use them to cut through steel and climb on walls. SO many things wrong with that.

And Neme, what isn't afraid of a Big Daddy??? Besides a Little Sister, another Big Daddy, the Big Sister, and Jack(main character)?

SpadeKing
The witch will hurt herself hitting the big daddy no expression

Lord Feron
BD FTW

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by KingD19

And Neme, what isn't afraid of a Big Daddy??? Besides a Little Sister, another Big Daddy, the Big Sister, and Jack(main character)?

I could make you a whole list :P

Cyner
as hawt as the witch is the Big Daddy is just too durable to be killed by a witch. The point of the witch is to have low durability and very high damage but it just wouldn't work in this situation.

Dan666
Originally posted by KingD19
I'm not scared of that thing.

XanatosForever
Way to necro a horrible thread with a useless post, ass. I'm just gonna have this thing closed.

Ridley_Prime
Good idea. That was a useless bump.

That ACDC Chick
the Witch would probably just end up killing herself after a while
Big Daddy wouldnt even need to attack

wammamram
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
the Witch would probably just end up killing herself after a while
Big Daddy wouldnt even need to attack laughing out loud

Nemesis X
If she did one swipe on the Big Daddies metal hide, she'd probably break a nail and faint. Then when she wakes up, she just sits there crying and that's why we find her like that in the game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.