The Void vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
who wins.

Enyalus
Sentry's alterego? Or WS's Void?

Nihilist
Bob's alterego.

Enyalus
Ah.

The Void wins more often than not. Team herald wrecker, right there.

Mshinu
Void Breaks Him

quanchi112
Void, easily.

bbrem123
void destroys him

manx422
Orion
void breaks teams of super humans
orion is THE new god

Warlord
The Void which IMO is Just an evil Sentry. Recent showings show the Void as bob's evil side. Not additional powers. Having said that, Sentry could win also if he was willing to kill

Allankles
Orion more often than not.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Warlord
Not additional powers.

Has the Sentry been shown to attack people with Shadow Tentacles yet? Has he materialized monsters, fire and brimstone out of thin air? The Void has access to a completely different powerset then the Sentry.

Warlord
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Has the Sentry been shown to attack people with Shadow Tentacles yet? Has he materialized monsters, fire and brimstone out of thin air?

I'm talking about recent showings

ExodusCloak
I'm talking about recent showings

You mean Secret Invasion? That didn't really show much.

Warlord
You mean Secret Invasion? That didn't really show much.

SI and Dark Avengers. Nowadays they protrayed as Sentry's dark self.
Also the tentacles coudld be part of Sentry's light control powers. He was able to form frcefields before.

ExodusCloak
SI and Dark Avengers. Nowadays they protrayed as Sentry's dark self.
Also the tentacles coudld be part of Sentry's light control powers. He was able to form frcefields before.

We still haven't seen him shapeshifting, effecting the weather or using his tentacles to penetrate people.
The Sentry in the Dark Avengers is just confused and scared not so much"dark". He is a lot more angsty.

That explanation is far fetched. The Sentry is light, the Void is Dark. The Sentry's powers are solar the Void's powers are strongest in darkness. The Void has access to a different powerset then the Sentry because the source of his power is darkness it's that simple. That eclipse on the Cabal cover was the Void.

Warlord
We still haven't seen him shapeshifting, effecting the weather or using his tentacles to penetrate people.
The Sentry in the Dark Avengers is just confused and scared not so much"dark". He is a lot more angsty.

That explanation is far fetched. The Sentry is light, the Void is Dark. The Sentry's powers are solar the Void's powers are strongest in darkness. The Void has access to a different powerset then the Sentry because the source of his power is darkness it's that simple. That eclipse on the Cabal cover was the Void.

I agree. My point is that being both sides of the same coin they are equally powerful. Sentry is just too scared to use all of it like the Void does.
IMO Sentry's power is some kind of possitive energy that's how he is able to affect the heavily wounded (or maybe dead in his wife's case) and the Void is dark energy, soul sucking and stuff... We'll have to see. The botom line is that whether their powers are different or not, their overall power level is the same by default. Sentry just lacks mentality

jalek moye
I agree. My point is that being both sides of the same coin they are equally powerful. Sentry is just too scared to use all of it like the Void does.
IMO Sentry's power is some kind of possitive energy that's how he is able to affect the heavily wounded (or maybe dead in his wife's case) and the Void is dark energy, soul sucking and stuff... We'll have to see. The botom line is that whether their powers are different or not, their overall power level is the same by default. Sentry just lacks mentality

no not really Void could be more powerful then sentry, but do to the nature of there powers not be able to beat him

Warlord
Originally posted by jalek moye
no not really Void could be more powerful then sentry, but do to the nature of there powers not be able to beat him

I can't see how he can be more powerful since it is the same person

leonidas
i'd always assumed they were equally powerful as well, but bob's mental state prevents him from using his full powers. just seems . . . messy to think one half actually HAS more power than the other half. void certainly APPEARS to be more powerful, but again, i'd always thought that was because bob is such a twit. erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd always assumed they were equally powerful as well, but bob's mental state prevents him from using his full powers. just seems . . . messy to think one half actually HAS more power than the other half. void certainly APPEARS to be more powerful, but again, i'd always thought that was because bob is such a twit. erm Bob is such a plot device.

leonidas
yep . . . too bad. i always thought the character had some good potential. marvel just can't seem to get him right. he needs some sort of definitive characterization, an arc that really defines him.

jalek moye
I can't see how he can be more powerful since it is the same person

Well just look at Hulk and all his forms

I know it's not the same but its an example, And i'm not sure Void and him are really the same, they might share a body but they appear to be separate entities who share a form

everyone is dispointed in how much hype he has but then he stands around either doing nothing or being cool then sucking.

tkitna
Void wins

Sin I AM
what can void/sentry do to orion that he hasnt seen?

Prep-Man
Void gets a hefty dose of Astro Force.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by leonidas
yep . . . too bad. i always thought the character had some good potential. marvel just can't seem to get him right. he needs some sort of definitive characterization, an arc that really defines him.

Let Grant or Bryne take a shot at him. Hell, let Moore do it. Guarantee he'd be more respected if you let some good writers have him for awhile.

And for god's sake, DO NOT LET BENDIS NEAR HIM. sad

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
And for god's sake, DO NOT LET BENDIS NEAR HIM. sad
Bendis is the best thing that's happened to Sentry so far. Sentry's character and feats in Dark Avengers and Avengers outdo almost everything else he's done.

I agree with Morrison and Moore. Byrne, I dunno. Not if you want the uber feats.

Philosophía
In short, in order for Sentry to work, there needs to be another writer to completly change how he is personality-wise and show some awesome (!!!) displays of power ? Nice.

And I don't see Grant treating him that well. At all. Images of him writing Gladiator pissing himself when Cassandra Nova owns him and tells him how useless he is spring to mind. There's nothing about the character that would make writers like Grant or Moore respect him.

Enyalus

TricksterPriest
Nuts. Philo has a point. Morrison will probably crush Sentry just because he's a bad Supes ripoff.

I agree about Moore though. Assuming he decides to work for Marvel again. Last I checked, he swore off working with either DC or Marvel.

Bryne at the very least would give Sentry a good personality and a solid foundation. And that's almost as important as the feats, if not more so in this case.

jalek moye
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Nuts. Philo has a point. Morrison will probably crush Sentry just because he's a bad Supes ripoff.

I agree about Moore though. Assuming he decides to work for Marvel again. Last I checked, he swore off working with either DC or Marvel.

Bryne at the very least would give Sentry a good personality and a solid foundation. And that's almost as important as the feats, if not more so in this case.
It is more important then feats to me atleast

Hence why i like some of the less powerful chars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.