Hulk vs Thanos [h2h]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
Thanos can't energy amp his punches, Hulk can't increase his strength through anger.

Who takes this the?

D_Dude1210
Wow, unamped Hulk. Thanos easily.

KuRuPT Thanosi
This is spite. You can let hulk amp his strength through anger and Thanos still beats his ass down before he gets to any dangerous level. taking away that amping just makes this fight spite.

Enyalus
Thanos. One-handed. Blindfolded, even.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Enyalus
Thanos. One-handed. Blindfolded, even.

and on his knees... All he needs is old faithful.. The Pimp Hand

vansonbee
Thanos win if Hulk can't get any stronger.

leonidas
blink

why have them fight at their base levels? thanos twomps him good.

Priest
Thanos

Mshinu
Thanos stomps him into a mindless pile of green goo then adds sugar and puts him in the freezer to make pistachio ice cream

Nihilist
Originally posted by vansonbee
Thanos win if Hulk can't get any stronger. If Hulk could get stronger and Thanos could amp, do you think Hulk would win then.

tkitna
Originally posted by Nihilist
If Hulk could get stronger and Thanos could amp, do you think Hulk would win then.

No

Thanos would KO him before he got to a dangerous level.

Survivor19
Still, Hulk'd have a chance

xJLxKing
If Hulk could get stronger and Thanos could amp, do you think Hulk would win then.
No

leonidas

i'm curious--anyone anywhere have proof that thanos has ever used his power to amp his physical strength beyond his base level?

Nihilist
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm curious--anyone anywhere have proof that thanos has ever used his power to amp his physical strength beyond his base level? He doesnt seem to amp his physical strength as such, his punches to seem to be charged with energy.

Kris Blaze
If Hulk could get angrier there would be a chance, a possibility.

Like this Thanos would take him easily.

leonidas
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
If Hulk could get angrier there would be a chance, a possibility.

Like this Thanos would take him easily.

agreed.

psycho gundam
thread fail

leonidas
agreed.

chomperx9
Originally posted by skyfather
Thanos can't energy amp his punches, Hulk can't increase his strength through anger.

Who takes this the? if he cant increase his strength thru anger then he wont get to class 100 level. wouldn't make the fight fare

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thread fail

QFT

Enyalus
agreed.
erm Don't agree to that. Under his own personal power he was shown fighting equally (which, I assume would also include strength) with a Power Gem amped Thor. And landed some solid blows capable of knocking around Champion with the Power Gem, too. He's overpowered Thing and Professor Hulk simultaneously, and Thing and Classic Thor simultaneously, too.

Even allowing for the 'Hulk getting angrier' clause, he's not putting down Thanos. WWH level wouldn't even be enough.

KuRuPT Thanosi
erm Don't agree to that. Under his own personal power he was shown fighting equally (which, I assume would also include strength) with a Power Gem amped Thor. And landed some solid blows capable of knocking around Champion with the Power Gem, too. He's overpowered Thing and Professor Hulk simultaneously, and Thing and Classic Thor simultaneously, too.

Even allowing for the 'Hulk getting angrier' clause, he's not putting down Thanos. WWH level wouldn't even be enough.

QFT

leonidas

meh. no reason savage can't match mindless hulk and he battled immortal herc, wonderman, namor and ironman all at once. thing and thor also ultimately overpowered thanos. knocking thing's head (who is hardly a true powerhouse) with prof isn't beating them, so who knows how the 2 would have done later. and all he did was hold his own against pg thor. hulk also stalemated wm thor as well. hulk's strength feats are unquestionable. to say he can't possibly match just strength with thanos makes no sense to me. ko'ing someone with thanos's durability is something else.

Enyalus
meh. no reason savage can't match mindless hulk and he battled immortal herc, wonderman, namor and ironman all at once.
Yes. And then was KTFO by Thor. Easily.

thing and thor also ultimately overpowered thanos.
Not. Even. Close.

I have no idea where you got that notion from, but its flat out wrong.

knocking thing's head (who is hardly a true powerhouse) with prof isn't beating them, so who knows how the 2 would have done later.
I'm assuming it would have been a double KO for Thing and Hulk, if Quasar hadn't stepped in to cushion it. He was taking on Thor, Herc, Thing, and Hulk at the same time. And he was standing, unarmed, at the end of it all. He was never in any danger of being KO'd, even by those four powerhouses.

and all he did was hold his own against pg thor.
He also landed more blows and floored Thor more times than Thor floored Thanos.

hulk also stalemated wm thor as well.
That was Maestro Hulk, and I think that was while he was still amped by being a walking nexus of reality.

hulk's strength feats are unquestionable. to say he can't possibly match just strength with thanos makes no sense to me.
That's cool. Two head-to-head matches say that doesn't make a lick of difference. Casually flooring Drax and Hulk at the same time with a backhand, and then owning Thing and Hulk together prove this.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.
That's it?

stick out tongue Defend your honor, Mad Titan.

leonidas

Yes. And then was KTFO by Thor. Easily.

what? blink

mindless was taken out by a whole HOST of heroes. thor had nothing to do with it. another time strange brf'd him. not sure what instance you're talking about.

laughing out loud

marvel 2in1 annual. thor and thing work together to pound him and thanos needs to use energy attacks. not sure--again--what you're talking about . . .

assuming? hmmm . . .

and didn't thor end up ko'ing thanos and leaving him floating in space at some point in that arc . . .?

landed more? and? thanos was bloodied. thor was never in danger physically.

it was the very start of the maestro. no nexxus though i don't think.

he . . . knocked hulk down? a non-savage hulk? jawdrop

anyway, hulk's strength feats are plenty enough to go on. thanos never battled savage hulk, so what happened with prof hulk is irrelevent. i've seen morg take it to thanos physically. i've even seen friggin' STARFOX take it to thanos physically. no reason whatsoever hulk couldn't do the same.

Enyalus
what? blink

mindless was taken out by a whole HOST of heroes. thor had nothing to do with it. another time strange brf'd him. not sure what instance you're talking about.
I was talking about Mindless and battling the West Coast Avengers and, I think, the Avengers. Thor comes along and ends it.

marvel 2in1 annual. thor and thing work together to pound him and thanos needs to use energy attacks. not sure--again--what you're talking about . . .
I know what you're referring to. I have it. Show me where they 'overpowered' Thanos. Anywhere during that fight.

and didn't thor end up ko'ing thanos and leaving him floating in space at some point in that arc . . .?
No, you're thinking of the end to Infinity Gauntlet, where Thanos fakes his own death. The instance we're referring to happens in Infinity War.

landed more? and? thanos was bloodied. thor was never in danger physically.
Blood flew from Thor's mouth, too. And no duh Thor was in no danger, physically. That's the nature of the power gem.

it was the very start of the maestro. no nexxus though i don't think.
I don't believe you. stick out tongue

he . . . knocked hulk down? a non-savage hulk? jawdrop
You don't casually backhand two class 100+ and knock them on their asses without being thoroughly stronger than them.

i've seen morg take it to thanos physically.
Jesus, dude. You're exaggerating everything. Morg ran through Thanos' first blast and tackled him. A far cry from 'taking it to Thanos physically.' Besides that, Morg would probably physically overpower a Savage Hulk, too. Savage Hulk's been easily overpowered by Surfer, for example. Who Morg virtually stalemates.

i've even seen friggin' STARFOX take it to thanos physically. no reason whatsoever hulk couldn't do the same.
facepalm Again...not using strength. Using speed and fighting skill. And Thanos was really suffering after that abuse, wasn't he? roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas

I was talking about Mindless and battling the West Coast Avengers and, I think, the Avengers. Thor comes along and ends it.

still don't know where you're getting that from . . . wasn't thor who ended it. immortal herc was ready to kill hulk when he was finally overcome by a group of heroes.

when they combine their blows and floor him? confused

then he starts blasting them.

so, if he never threatened thor and all he did was trade some punches, then . . .? not much of a feat.

mad

or without them being retarded and standing there to get backhanded. all he did was knock them down. that's not even a fight. no expression

i'd doubt morg would overpower hulk like ss does. and it's not an exaggeration. morg had him pinned with his axe. how is that overexaggerating?

he suffered no more than hulk would from a frickin backhand! come on . . . and it didn't look much like 'fighting skills' when starfox started battling him. and simple skill?? on a guy who taught GAMORA? roll eyes (sarcastic)

point is--others have lasted in physical brawls with him. hulk could do the same. ko'ing him is something different. but hulk's strength feats are too numerous and too great to say he can't possibly match thanos's strength.

you think thanos can duplicate any of hulk's strength feats? what proof do you have that thanos is definitively STRONGER than a mindless hulk?

Enyalus
I'll concede if you want. 'Cause I'm done arguing this. It's absolutely ridiculous to think any Hulk has a chance against Thanos. Especially if all you're going to do is ignore, downplay, or exaggerate things in order to help your case.

leonidas
I'll concede if you want. 'Cause I'm done arguing this. It's absolutely ridiculous to think any Hulk has a chance against Thanos. Especially if all you're going to do is ignore, downplay, or exaggerate things in order to help your case.

you don't have to concede anything if you don't want. and there was nothing to downplay because he never FOUGHT AN ANGRY SAVAGE HULK. so his showings against prof don't matter.

can he match all of hulk's strength feats iyo? what definitive proof is there that he is physically stronger than a mindless hulk? seriously.

i don't see why it's ridiculous to think hulk has a chance of matching JUST STRENGTH with thanos. thanos could vaporize him with a couple blasts, use tech to one-shot him, bfr him, maybe even use matter manip and turn him to stone or something. but straight -up brawl? based on hulk's history, of course i'd say hulk has a chance to match his physical strength.

Enyalus
can he match all of hulk's strength feats iyo?
Yes. Again, he's fought both Champion w/ PG and Thor w/ PG to a standstill. Both are more powerful than any Hulk. And I hate the people who claim, "Oh, it was his durability that allowed Thanos to hang with them." I don't know if you're one of them or not. Because it's not just his durability. He was trading blows. He was giving as good as he was getting in those battles. That takes strength. Even before Thor had the Power Gem, he one-shotted Drax w/ PG twice. I mean, that's insane, right? Taking out the entire IW, Surfer, and Strange at once...yet not able to gain any advantage on Thanos physically.

Yeah, he's stronger than any herald in Marvel. Hell, look at his grappling contest with DP Tyrant. He was stalemating him in it until that spaceship engine fired and blew shit up. DP Tyrant had enough strength to physically one-shot BRB, Gladiator, and Surfer. (He puts him on his back and out of the fight for a few minutes with a backhand.)

Regarding the 2in1 fight, he was taking both Thing and Thor on without trouble. Hell, Thing attempts to punch him at one point and gets knocked on his ass just from hitting Thanos' chest. And when Thing gets behind him attempting to restrain Thanos, Thor whacks him in the chest with Mjolnir to seemingly no effect. Then he tosses Thing off, etc. It's only briefly that they knock Thanos down, and he wasn't injured. It's the same exact scene as what you were saying didn't make a difference: Thanos backhanding Drax and Hulk to the ground. Except that we saw that Thanos wasn't injured, because he dropped Thing with one shot after that and Thor with another two, I think.

C'mon. It's ridiculous to think a herald is stronger than Thanos. Hell, in his first appearance, he shattered a planet with the friction he generated from grappling with Drax.

Master Court

You don't casually backhand two class 100+ and knock them on their asses without being thoroughly stronger than them.

Jesus, dude. You're exaggerating everything. Morg ran through Thanos' first blast and tackled him. A far cry from 'taking it to Thanos physically.' Besides that, Morg would probably physically overpower a Savage Hulk, too. Savage Hulk's been easily overpowered by Surfer, for example. Who Morg virtually stalemates.

You, uh, contradicted yourself there. A lil bit. Backhand versus tackling. You say the backhand shows obvious superiority, but a tackle shows nothing?

Furthermore, as has been explained, Prof's showings don't count in any way towards the REAL Hulk. That is, Savage Hulk. The same Hulk that Thanos himself explicitly said he's cautious to fight. Now why would Thanos be concerned about Hulk? Well, what's Hulk KNOWN for more than anything? Strength. Hulk IS Marvel's goto strength guy. Like Onslaught's armor, the big mountain in Secret Wars, and many of Hulk's other feats that no one else managed to pull off.

Next, the durability thing. I probably can't crush a solid five pound rock in my bare hands, but I can lift it, throw it pretty far, and even kick it around. Thanos pimpsmacked Hulk(nevermind Thing, he's a second rater), and Hulk was indeed smacked. Great. It wasn't a strength contest though. It just means Thanos' strength is enough to challenge Hulk's DURABILITY.

Here's my point; If Thanos is leagues above Hulk in every way, why in the Hell would Thanos be cautious of Hulk? In his own words, he said that over the years he's sought to avoid an outright battle against the Hulk. Well, is he cautious Hulk might be him in the hop-skip-jump contest in the Olympics? The only offensive power the Hulk has is his strength. Logically, that HAS to be what Thanos is cautious of. Apocalypse himself, after measuring Hulk with the Celestial's technology, said that Hulk may actually have the potential to generate enough power to challenge the Celestial's themselves. Without taking that too much out of context, an ancient savvy dude like Apoc would know what he's talking about. I'm not saying step on Hulk's toes and he'll level the whole damn lot of them, but there's some kind of potential there. END POINT: Hulk's physically stronger than Thanos. It's the only explanation for these instances in question.

Hand to Hand; Really. How often does a guy like Thanos resort to fist fights? Hulk has experience dealing with whole armies, gods, cosmic entities, and all other manner of ultra-high powered beings. And given the nature of the Hulk, and his lack of versatility in the power department, almost all his battles are fist fights. He has no power blasts, no speed blitz, no telekinesis or telepathy. And he's beaten ALL of his enemies and opponents at least once. This includes Thor, Surfer, Namor, Hercules, the hordes of Hulk-villains, Sentry, entire teams of super heroes, sometimes multiple teams. As WWHulk, he proved that if Hulk simply did a little planning, he could take over the world. Not to mention he did so as Maestro as well. Hulk also took over Sakaar. So hand to hand? Thanos doesn't have much over on Hulk.

Thanos is a cosmic being with OTHER powers, and those are what he'll need to deal with the real Hulk. Cosmic power has always saved Surfer's ass in the past, and when he couldn't use it in Sakaar the Hulk dominated him. Same deal with Thanos, regardless if Thanos is greater than Surfer. If Thanos simply uses his other powers, he should deal with Hulk without much grief.

All that said; the stips in THIS fight SUCK! A Hulk that can't get stronger? Like Prof Hulk? Or Abomination? Wendigo? Sasquatch? Thing? These powerhouses that get leveled by anyone that feels like getting a warm-up? Hulk's power is limitless strength. Take that away, it's not Hulk. It's A Hulk. And Thanos can still use his cosmic powers? Unless this thread is simply for those guys that utterly adore Thanos and love to agree with themselves, you need to rethink the stips. I mean, Thanos already wins withOUT capping Hulk's strength, so why take it away? If Hulk has his capless strength, then a fight can actually be debated, but here we are simply comparing their powers... Why? Because we know Thanos wins with these stips. Remove them, and it's something I can work with.

leonidas

Yes. Again, he's fought both Champion w/ PG and Thor w/ PG to a standstill. Both are more powerful than any Hulk. And I hate the people who claim, "Oh, it was his durability that allowed Thanos to hang with them." I don't know if you're one of them or not. Because it's not just his durability. He was trading blows. He was giving as good as he was getting in those battles. That takes strength. Even before Thor had the Power Gem, he one-shotted Drax w/ PG twice. I mean, that's insane, right? Taking out the entire IW, Surfer, and Strange at once...yet not able to gain any advantage on Thanos physically.

Yeah, he's stronger than any herald in Marvel. Hell, look at his grappling contest with DP Tyrant. He was stalemating him in it until that spaceship engine fired and blew shit up. DP Tyrant had enough strength to physically one-shot BRB, Gladiator, and Surfer. (He puts him on his back and out of the fight for a few minutes with a backhand.)

Regarding the 2in1 fight, he was taking both Thing and Thor on without trouble. Hell, Thing attempts to punch him at one point and gets knocked on his ass just from hitting Thanos' chest. And when Thing gets behind him attempting to restrain Thanos, Thor whacks him in the chest with Mjolnir to seemingly no effect. Then he tosses Thing off, etc. It's only briefly that they knock Thanos down, and he wasn't injured. It's the same exact scene as what you were saying didn't make a difference: Thanos backhanding Drax and Hulk to the ground. Except that we saw that Thanos wasn't injured, because he dropped Thing with one shot after that and Thor with another two, I think.

C'mon. It's ridiculous to think a herald is stronger than Thanos. Hell, in his first appearance, he shattered a planet with the friction he generated from grappling with Drax.

and mindless battle immortal herc, namor, wonderman, ironman and shehulk simultaneously for an entire issue and more.

the tyrant battle really wasn't much of a strength test as it was a blast test. again, matching for a second isn't much of a feat. i DO think it took strength to match thor, but a lot was durability too. hulk has shaken dimensions with his strength among other gawd-awful yet canonical feats. breaking a planet while battling another herald isn't much considering some of hulk's feats. and what caused that planet to shatter isn't even clearly shown. friction? huh? confused

and i never anywhere said hulk was stronger than thanos. i said it is not impossible to think he could match thanos's physical strength. hell, even the beyonder was impressed by hulk when he said:
"You are nothing but power incarnate! An infinity of power with no finite element inside!! Worse yet, you remind me of someone (himself)."

marvel has made a point of making hulk the paragon of strength. they've given him feats to back it up. just because he's thanos doesn't mean he has infinite strength, nor does it mean his strength cannot be matched.

leonidas
Originally posted by Master Court
You, uh, contradicted yourself there. A lil bit. Backhand versus tackling. You say the backhand shows obvious superiority, but a tackle shows nothing?

Furthermore, as has been explained, Prof's showings don't count in any way towards the REAL Hulk. That is, Savage Hulk. The same Hulk that Thanos himself explicitly said he's cautious to fight. Now why would Thanos be concerned about Hulk? Well, what's Hulk KNOWN for more than anything? Strength. Hulk IS Marvel's goto strength guy. Like Onslaught's armor, the big mountain in Secret Wars, and many of Hulk's other feats that no one else managed to pull off.

Next, the durability thing. I probably can't crush a solid five pound rock in my bare hands, but I can lift it, throw it pretty far, and even kick it around. Thanos pimpsmacked Hulk(nevermind Thing, he's a second rater), and Hulk was indeed smacked. Great. It wasn't a strength contest though. It just means Thanos' strength is enough to challenge Hulk's DURABILITY.

Here's my point; If Thanos is leagues above Hulk in every way, why in the Hell would Thanos be cautious of Hulk? In his own words, he said that over the years he's sought to avoid an outright battle against the Hulk. Well, is he cautious Hulk might be him in the hop-skip-jump contest in the Olympics? The only offensive power the Hulk has is his strength. Logically, that HAS to be what Thanos is cautious of. Apocalypse himself, after measuring Hulk with the Celestial's technology, said that Hulk may actually have the potential to generate enough power to challenge the Celestial's themselves. Without taking that too much out of context, an ancient savvy dude like Apoc would know what he's talking about. I'm not saying step on Hulk's toes and he'll level the whole damn lot of them, but there's some kind of potential there. END POINT: Hulk's physically stronger than Thanos. It's the only explanation for these instances in question.

Hand to Hand; Really. How often does a guy like Thanos resort to fist fights? Hulk has experience dealing with whole armies, gods, cosmic entities, and all other manner of ultra-high powered beings. And given the nature of the Hulk, and his lack of versatility in the power department, almost all his battles are fist fights. He has no power blasts, no speed blitz, no telekinesis or telepathy. And he's beaten ALL of his enemies and opponents at least once. This includes Thor, Surfer, Namor, Hercules, the hordes of Hulk-villains, Sentry, entire teams of super heroes, sometimes multiple teams. As WWHulk, he proved that if Hulk simply did a little planning, he could take over the world. Not to mention he did so as Maestro as well. Hulk also took over Sakaar. So hand to hand? Thanos doesn't have much over on Hulk.

Thanos is a cosmic being with OTHER powers, and those are what he'll need to deal with the real Hulk. Cosmic power has always saved Surfer's ass in the past, and when he couldn't use it in Sakaar the Hulk dominated him. Same deal with Thanos, regardless if Thanos is greater than Surfer. If Thanos simply uses his other powers, he should deal with Hulk without much grief.

All that said; the stips in THIS fight SUCK! A Hulk that can't get stronger? Like Prof Hulk? Or Abomination? Wendigo? Sasquatch? Thing? These powerhouses that get leveled by anyone that feels like getting a warm-up? Hulk's power is limitless strength. Take that away, it's not Hulk. It's A Hulk. And Thanos can still use his cosmic powers? Unless this thread is simply for those guys that utterly adore Thanos and love to agree with themselves, you need to rethink the stips. I mean, Thanos already wins withOUT capping Hulk's strength, so why take it away? If Hulk has his capless strength, then a fight can actually be debated, but here we are simply comparing their powers... Why? Because we know Thanos wins with these stips. Remove them, and it's something I can work with.

that's a lot more effort than i would have expended, but . . .

whistle

Enyalus
and mindless battle immortal herc, namor, wonderman, ironman and shehulk simultaneously for an entire issue and more.
And Drax w/ Power Gem would've one-shot all of them with the possible exception of Herc. And I'm being generous.

the tyrant battle really wasn't much of a strength test as it was a blast test. again, matching for a second isn't much of a feat.
Sure it is. Again, this low-balling stuff. Tyrant wasn't budging Thanos in a physical contest of muscle vs. muscle. Thanos doesn't have lifting or other straightaway strength feats. But neither do people like Doomsday or Darkseid or Orion, etc, and we know they're strong. Why? The people they take on and compete with.

and what caused that planet to shatter isn't even clearly shown. friction? huh? confused
That's my own extrapolation, admittedly. Kinda basing that off of the Herc/Thor arm wrestling match that threatened to knock the planet off its axis. You know what I'm referring to.

and i never anywhere said hulk was stronger than thanos. i said it is not impossible to think he could match thanos's physical strength.
There has never been a Hulk, with the possible exception of Worldbreaker, who was stronger than Thanos. Is it possible for him to surpass Thanos' strength? Sure. I can concede that. But we aren't really arguing hypotheticals. Unless you want to turn into FearofBlood or something. Classic Thor has stalemated Savage Hulk, strength-wise, like twice. For a really, really long time. To me, it's clear Thanos is beyond either of them.

Ah, forgot about another strength feat for Thanos. During Infinity War, he was fighting his duplicate. This duplicate was created by the Cosmic Cubes and, for the fight against the real Thanos, was powered directly by the Power Gem. Thanos even admitted that the duplicate was stronger than him. The duplicate still got wrecked. smile

psycho gundam
Originally posted by dawsey28
http://img234.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img234&image=hulkthing0mf.jpg

Enyalus
What takes more effort. A casual slap, or diving at someone?

Guess what, dude? The mountain feat in Secret Wars was pulled off by Professor Hulk. The same dude who Thanos casually overpowers. Furthermore, this fight is against the Hulk. Period. No Savage Hulk. And Thor's physically stalemated Savage Hulk. Surfer's overpowered Savage Hulk. Thanos is beyond all three in strength.

Here's my point; If Thanos is leagues above Hulk in every way, why in the Hell would Thanos be cautious of Hulk?
Better question? Why the hell do I care? He said he imagines this would be what it would be like to fight the Hulk. And that he's sought to avoid such a confrontation. And why not? Would you take punches to the face from an angry Hulk if there was no reason for it? No. He didn't shy away from Tyrant. He wasn't put down by Odin. You think he's actually scared of the Hulk? Get real.

Hand to Hand; Really. How often does a guy like Thanos resort to fist fights?
Fairly often. Against top tiers and beings who own top tiers. Not that it matters or is relevant at all.

Thanos is a cosmic being with OTHER powers, and those are what he'll need to deal with the real Hulk. Cosmic power has always saved Surfer's ass in the past, and when he couldn't use it in Sakaar the Hulk dominated him.
Don't be dense. Surfer physically overpowered Hulk on Sakaar and threw him against the Colosseum wall. Even weakened and cut off from the Power Cosmic, Surfer literally overpowered him. Along with the rest of the Warbound. Hulk needed Hirom to help double team him in order to get a free shot in, to do anything. Then Surfer stopped fighting altogether and Hulk smashed him with another free shot. Please.

leonidas
not sure where you're getting that i'm 'low-balling' thanos. when he stood up with tyrant for a second, that's hardly proof that he was physically as strong. especially when we nkow he WASN'T as powerful as tyrant.

Is it possible for him to surpass Thanos' strength? Sure. I can concede that. But we aren't really arguing hypotheticals.

that's what i'm saying. smile and we're EXACTLY arguing hypotheticals because this battle has NEVER HAPPENED. so we have been looking at just feats. savage's best strength feats are ridiculous. has there been a hulk as strong as thanos? hmm, not sure about that. i think for brief periods there probably has been. were i truly interested in debating this with you i'd have loads of hulk feats to parade around, but . . . i'm not that interested. smile

you conceded my main point, so i'm happy. big grin

Enyalus
Thanos doesn't have to stay at his base strength, either. erm Power Cosmic or mystic power amping FTW?

leonidas
Thanos doesn't have to stay at his base strength, either. erm Power Cosmic or mystic power amping FTW?

and i'd asked where there was evidence he'd actually AMPED his strength? i don't mean shiny-sparkly-power-thingees around his fist, but him actually going out of his way to make himself stronger somehow. if it's happened i've forgotten it or simply not seen it.

Naija boy
Thanos wins

Enyalus
and i'd asked where there was evidence he'd actually AMPED his strength? i don't mean shiny-sparkly-power-thingees around his fist, but him actually going out of his way to make himself stronger somehow. if it's happened i've forgotten it or simply not seen it.
You unbelievable bastard. mad

leonidas
You unbelievable bastard. mad

nwoot

Enyalus
nwoot
But...I might have something like that, actually...

Not positive. I'd have to look. And I'm feeling lazy right now. But bam! I'll throw it up sometime randomly, and then you'll be all amazed-like.

leonidas
But...I might have something like that, actually...

Not positive. I'd have to look. And I'm feeling lazy right now. But bam! I'll throw it up sometime randomly, and then you'll be all amazed-like.

i can hardly wait. seriously the anticipation is building like a hurricane in me.

seriously.

no expression

Nihilist

All that said; the stips in THIS fight SUCK! A Hulk that can't get stronger? Like Prof Hulk? Or Abomination? Wendigo? Sasquatch? Thing? These powerhouses that get leveled by anyone that feels like getting a warm-up? Hulk's power is limitless strength. Take that away, it's not Hulk. It's A Hulk. And Thanos can still use his cosmic powers? Unless this thread is simply for those guys that utterly adore Thanos and love to agree with themselves, you need to rethink the stips. I mean, Thanos already wins withOUT capping Hulk's strength, so why take it away? If Hulk has his capless strength, then a fight can actually be debated, but here we are simply comparing their powers... Why? Because we know Thanos wins with these stips. Remove them, and it's something I can work with. Started to read this, then got to the Thanos fears the Hulk fanboy myth, the stopped as you have no clue at all of what you are talking about.

Xplosive
No chance for Hulk.

Ouallada
You know, Leo, I would be a lot more impressed with Thanos if there have been no cases of him having amped his strength (I can't think of any save energy-encased fists). Placing the unlimited power source that Odin mentioned to a side as no one knows if Thanos can amp his strength via that avenue, I do think that it is nigh unquestionable that he can amp via PC. If he has accomplished his physical feats at base strength, that's a lot more impressive than if he had amped at any particular point in time.

leonidas
Originally posted by Ouallada
You know, Leo, I would be a lot more impressed with Thanos if there have been no cases of him having amped his strength (I can't think of any save energy-encased fists). Placing the unlimited power source that Odin mentioned to a side as no one knows if Thanos can amp his strength via that avenue, I do think that it is nigh unquestionable that he can amp via PC. If he has accomplished his physical feats at base strength, that's a lot more impressive than if he had amped at any particular point in time.

i understand what you're saying. maybe be CAN amp his strength. it's just funny that everyone ASSUMES he can or does, but like i said, i've never SEEN it. i'm more inclined to think he uses his base strength, but maybe that's just me. erm if we assume he DOES amp, then . . . where has he done that? when has he battled without amping? how do we determine his base strength if we have no idea when he has or hasn't amped? do we simply assume he amps in his 'tougher fights'? why not progressively amp to battle thor? or did he? to just say he can increase his strength without ever seeing it, or without his actually SHOWING it . . . erm

Master Court
Started to read this, then got to the Thanos fears the Hulk fanboy myth, the stopped as you have no clue at all of what you are talking about.

Did you wake up with douche in your eyes? That'd explain why you can't read. Where the f**k did I say Thanos fears Hulk? Thanos doesn't fear s**t. Why would he? And neither does Hulk for that matter. That was proven during WWH.

Cautious doesn't mean afraid. And Thanos, by his own admission, is cautious of Hulk. Same as Steve Irwin was cautious around Crocodiles, but he obviously wasn't afraid of them.

And "fanboy"? I've already made it clear I know Thanos wins. WTF is fanboy about that?

My only points; Hulk is superior to Thanos in strength. And Thanos is NOT superior to Hulk in hand-to-hand skill. Hulk has gone the distance with Thor and defeated Hercules on numerous occasions, both are gods that heavily embody combat.

And as for people who STILL think Thor or Surfer are stronger than Hulk. Wake up. You don't have to be stronger than someone to punch them, or push them, or wrestle them against the wall. Fights involving top-tiers are not strength-versus-strength fights. They're strength-versus-durability-versus-skill fights. Thor himself recognized that Hulk is stronger, regardless of those ancient stalemates. The same way Superman knows Flash is faster. Strength is what Hulk is and does.

Yeah, I'm a huge Hulk fan, but I rarely say he wins "hands down" against real opponents like Juggernaut, Surfer, and the like. I'm the logical type. Logically, there's no proof Thanos is stronger or even AS strong as Hulk. And certainly no proof that Thanos is a better fighter.

Ouallada
i understand what you're saying. maybe be CAN amp his strength. it's just funny that everyone ASSUMES he can or does, but like i said, i've never SEEN it. i'm more inclined to think he uses his base strength, but maybe that's just me. erm if we assume he DOES amp, then . . . where has he done that? when has he battled without amping? how do we determine his base strength if we have no idea when he has or hasn't amped? do we simply assume he amps in his 'tougher fights'? why not progressively amp to battle thor? or did he? to just say he can increase his strength without ever seeing it, or without his actually SHOWING it . . . erm

The thing about Thanos as a character is that his showings have been nothing but incredibly consistent, allowing for a lower threshold of variance, of course. There isn't anything that strikes me as something Thanos could not have physically accomplished in any of his appearances without amping. I'll add this on top of the fact that Thanos has been shown to have access to the PC a grand total of once (iirc) and while this is frequently brought up on kmc and is indeed fair game as part of his powerset as per kmc rules, it isn't ridiculous to assume that he has not specifically been written to have amped himself at all. By Occam's razor, that would be a simpler assumption than the alternative, which would be to assume that Thanos amps himself at seemingly arbitrary times without any outward sign (again, ignoring energy fists) of said act or degree.

I would say that if I were a betting man, Vegas money would be on the absence of amping across the board, if only for simplicity's sake, even though it is a sketchy issue.

If I recall correctly, Thanos sought to avoid an encounter with the Hulk, which presents a different context from that which you brought up, never mind the fact that they have fought numerous times on panel.

I agree with the general consensus that without Thanos amping, Hulk starts off weaker but potentially ends up stronger. Thanos' battle-centric strength feats do not compare poorly against Hulk's. Staggering an IG-wielding (sans reality) Magus with a single punch is not to be scoffed at.

leonidas
Originally posted by Ouallada
The thing about Thanos as a character is that his showings have been nothing but incredibly consistent, allowing for a lower threshold of variance, of course. There isn't anything that strikes me as something Thanos could not have physically accomplished in any of his appearances without amping. I'll add this on top of the fact that Thanos has been shown to have access to the PC a grand total of once (iirc) and while this is frequently brought up on kmc and is indeed fair game as part of his powerset as per kmc rules, it isn't ridiculous to assume that he has not specifically been written to have amped himself at all. By Occam's razor, that would be a simpler assumption than the alternative, which would be to assume that Thanos amps himself at seemingly arbitrary times without any outward sign (again, ignoring energy fists) of said act or degree.

I would say that if I were a betting man, Vegas money would be on the absence of amping across the board, if only for simplicity's sake, even though it is a sketchy issue.

well said and i agree. smile

quanchi112
Did you wake up with douche in your eyes? That'd explain why you can't read. Where the f**k did I say Thanos fears Hulk? Thanos doesn't fear s**t. Why would he? And neither does Hulk for that matter. That was proven during WWH.

Cautious doesn't mean afraid. And Thanos, by his own admission, is cautious of Hulk. Same as Steve Irwin was cautious around Crocodiles, but he obviously wasn't afraid of them.

And "fanboy"? I've already made it clear I know Thanos wins. WTF is fanboy about that?

My only points; Hulk is superior to Thanos in strength. And Thanos is NOT superior to Hulk in hand-to-hand skill. Hulk has gone the distance with Thor and defeated Hercules on numerous occasions, both are gods that heavily embody combat.

And as for people who STILL think Thor or Surfer are stronger than Hulk. Wake up. You don't have to be stronger than someone to punch them, or push them, or wrestle them against the wall. Fights involving top-tiers are not strength-versus-strength fights. They're strength-versus-durability-versus-skill fights. Thor himself recognized that Hulk is stronger, regardless of those ancient stalemates. The same way Superman knows Flash is faster. Strength is what Hulk is and does.

Yeah, I'm a huge Hulk fan, but I rarely say he wins "hands down" against real opponents like Juggernaut, Surfer, and the like. I'm the logical type. Logically, there's no proof Thanos is stronger or even AS strong as Hulk. And certainly no proof that Thanos is a better fighter. Thanos doesn't go looking for pointless brawls. Make no mistake he isn't even remotely scared of the Hulk as he has mocked his strength while his overpowering him and the Thing. He also bitchslapped him and Drax. Thanos also ordered him around during marvel's the end and separated him from Namor.

Enyalus
I'd say that when you see Thanos' eyes flash/light up, that might as close as sign as any that he's just amped himself. But admittedly, that's speculation.

shrug

KuRuPT Thanosi
Eny you've give me a woody in this thread I must admit.

Next are people really claiming Hulk is stronger at base levels and better at h2h combat? Does on panel proof mean nothing these days? Thanos has proven on panel to be superior to hulk in h2h combat. Strength they never arm wrestled or competed lifting stuff. However, I made a thread about this awhile ago. If you can CASUALLY backhand class 100+ people consistently that is a clear sign to me of strength superiority. Even backhanding somebody your relying on your strength and speed to deliever the blow. Your durability isn't backhanding them or making them go backwards it's the strength of your backhand. If you can casually do this to the hulk, thing, herc, drax etc yet thor can whail on the hulk with punches etc etc and have him still standing fighting back what does that say about a casual backhand from Thanos. Seem to me it says he's that much stronger base level then hulk

Shoot one of Hulk's own writers I forget which one said very clearly when asked if Thanos was stronger then the hulk... Thanos is in a class by himself in terms of strength. His own writer is saying this and yet your claiming his stronger then Thanos... LOL

Enyalus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Guys or gals, I woo them all.

Shoot one of Hulk's own writers I forget which one said very clearly when asked if Thanos was stronger then the hulk... Thanos is in a class by himself in terms of strength.
Yeah, you know I think that was Pak, but I can probably double-check that.

Dr. PikMalion
If Hulk can't grow stronger, than Thanos shouldn't really run into any problems.

Enyalus
Was apparently Peter David:

"Ramus, A frequent poster to the Marvel boards, had the opportunity to ask a true authority about the matter. Writer Peter David, who wrote the Hulk comic for about 12 years, is a subscriber on AOL. Ramus decided to e-mail David about the matter. He was very detailed in his questioning, desiring to avoid any confusion.

To quote Ramus, he asked "if he ( Peter David ) thought Thanos was on a physical strength level higher than Hulk at any time he was writing (meaning various incarnations)."

David's reply was simple, answering: "Yeah, probably. Thanos is kind of in his own weight class."

Nice, clear answer eh?"

leonidas

sick

Master Court

Next are people really claiming Hulk is stronger at base levels and better at h2h combat?

Not stronger at base levels, meaning the first few minutes Hulk is Hulk. And not necessarily supremely superior at h2h, but not inferior.

Two great fighters can have a fight that can go either way. If one wins, it doesn't mean he's leagues above the other guy. And Thanos has never had a straight up h2h fight against Hulk where a finish was actually intended.

You can judge the ability of someone based on who they're fighting, not just how often they fight. Thanos battles these over-god-level guys, but how much do they really RELY on their h2h skills? I'd say, based on Hulk dominating master fighters like Hercules and always going the distance against Thor, that Hulk is at least as good as any of Thanos' h2h showings.

KuRuPT Thanosi
sick

Don't be jealous Leo, you know you liked what I said and got kinda hot and bothered huh? If you would stop trying to say Hulk is stronger then Thanos or better at h2h because the comics say otherwise your hawtness factor would go up as well embarrasment evil face big grin eek!

leonidas
Don't be jealous Leo, you know you liked what I said and got kinda hot and bothered huh? If you would stop trying to say Hulk is stronger then Thanos or better at h2h because the comics say otherwise your hawtness factor would go up as well embarrasment evil face big grin eek!

oi vey . . .

first, i'm secure in my hawtness, thank you. uhuh

next--i never said hulk at base=thanos, nor did i say hulk=thanos h2h. in fact, when eny said starfox was fighting thanos, he was doing as well as he was because of speed and skill. I'M the one who pointed out that he apparently taught gamora some h2h skills, so thought starfox out-skilling him was silly. smart

i DID say--and even your boy eny conceded--that hulk COULD match thanos's strength and COULD become stronger than thanos.

thanos would demolish hulk using his powers. i've already pointed that out. but in pure physical strength, yes, there is no logical reason to say hulk could not match or exceed thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
oi vey . . .

first, i'm secure in my hawtness, thank you. uhuh

next--i never said hulk at base=thanos, nor did i say hulk=thanos h2h. in fact, when eny said starfox was fighting thanos, he was doing as well as he was because of speed and skill. I'M the one who pointed out that he apparently taught gamora some h2h skills, so thought starfox out-skilling him was silly. smart

i DID say--and even your boy eny conceded--that hulk COULD match thanos's strength and COULD become stronger than thanos.

thanos would demolish hulk using his powers. i've already pointed that out. but in pure physical strength, yes, there is no logical reason to say hulk could not match or exceed thanos.

using a hypothetical no-limit fallacy based on narrated feats concerning hulk, sure. However, they have met in h2h confrontations and hulk never grew to that level and was clearly outgunned in all cases. He also wasn't at base levels either as some of he fights were after he was obviously already pissed and grown in anger and yet he was casually dispatched with little problem. So, yes he could grow to some astronomical level in theory but I choose to go by what I've seen on panel via direct confrontations.

leonidas
using a hypothetical no-limit fallacy based on narrated feats concerning hulk, sure. However, they have met in h2h confrontations and hulk never grew to that level and was clearly outgunned in all cases. He also wasn't at base levels either as some of he fights were after he was obviously already pissed and grown in anger and yet he was casually dispatched with little problem. So, yes he could grow to some astronomical level in theory but I choose to go by what I've seen on panel via direct confrontations.

except he's never fought savage hulk, so this version of hulk was never outgunned and all your observations are meaningless. smile

prof hulk did does and always will suck.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Have you seen professor hulk's recent showings... those were hardly sucky... THe lifting mountain feat.. was also professor hulk. Is he as strong as Savage hulk no but he's no pushover and has given Thor and others a good fight and has good lifting feats. Show me where this thread says Savage Hulk? Why are you holding onto that version as if he's in this thread. Also, as eny pointed out Savage hulk has been overpowered by SS and Thor has also hung right with him and yet we know THanos is above both of them pretty easily. So, your saying against Thanos savage hulk would have a better chance and do better? I think not

Enyalus
Savage Hulk's lost to Werewolf by Night & Colossus.

Thanos must be scurred.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Savage Hulk's lost to Werewolf by Night & Colossus.

Thanos must be scurred.

Remember Big Buddy he tries to avoid an encounter with hulk cause he's scurred.... However, he'll openly look for a challenge against Tyrant so I guess Hulk is scarier then Tyrant roll eyes (sarcastic) Nevermind the fact that when he's met and faced the hulk I saw no sign of being scared only mocking his strength lol

Enyalus
I'll go ahead and apologize to Leo now, anyway, for lowballing Hulk in my previous comment. stick out tongue

leonidas
Have you seen professor hulk's recent showings... those were hardly sucky... THe lifting mountain feat.. was also professor hulk. Is he as strong as Savage hulk no but he's no pushover and has given Thor and others a good fight and has good lifting feats. Show me where this thread says Savage Hulk? Why are you holding onto that version as if he's in this thread. Also, as eny pointed out Savage hulk has been overpowered by SS and Thor has also hung right with him and yet we know THanos is above both of them pretty easily. So, your saying against Thanos savage hulk would have a better chance and do better? I think not

if we stuck to the thread hulk can't amp. no expression

and prof was FAILING at holding the mountain. what'd reed have to do to keep him working . . .? shifty

of course savage would fair better. look through the respect thread, read classic hulk books--which incarnation has by FAR the most strength feats? savage, by a friggin mile.

and savage has also pummelled the crap out of thor without the hammer.

you're dead to me. no expression

Enyalus
you're dead to me. no expression
You're just saying that for the make-up sex later.

The MISTER
Has anyone ever challenged thanos in h2h before? Ever? Cause the Hulk has had at least a one or two embarrasments.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by The MISTER
Has anyone ever challenged thanos in h2h before? Ever? Cause the Hulk has had at least a one or two embarrasments.

If i remember right Thunder strike did pretty well agasint Thanos when he was using just the power gem. He rocked him in few hits but it has been awhile since i read that arc. Not that Thunderstrike would of won but it did show that Hulk would have a good chance. In a H2H only

Enyalus
Originally posted by DarkOdin
If i remember right Thunder strike did pretty well agasint Thanos when he was using just the power gem. He rocked him in few hits but it has been awhile since i read that arc. Not that Thunderstrike would of won but it did show that Hulk would have a good chance. In a H2H only
What happened when the real Thor had the Power Gem and went H2H against Thanos?

Nihilist

Yeah, I'm a huge Hulk fan, but I rarely say he wins "hands down" against real opponents like Juggernaut, Surfer, and the like. I'm the logical type. Logically, there's no proof Thanos is stronger or even AS strong as Hulk. And certainly no proof that Thanos is a better fighter. stfu2

leonidas
You're just saying that for the make-up sex later.

naughty

Ouallada

To be fair, lifting feats and certain other non-combat strength feats are comic's version of a positive sum situation, at least as far as my opinion goes. In any case, the mountain lifting feat pales in comparison to destroying a planet on panel.

Master Court
stfu2

How dare you shut me down like that...

glare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.