Pixar Sequels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jcvaldez
Pixar has a list of animated sequels to their hit movies:

Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Monsters Inc 2

But in my opinion the only Pixar film that deserves a sequel is The Incredibles. I know Brad Bird won't go for it, but to me the others had a complete story and a sequel would just cheapen the original. Even though Toy Story already had a sequel. The Incredibles ended on a big high, and it left so many possibilities for another film.

What do you guys think?

MildPossession
I wouldn't want a sequel to any of my favourite Pixar films, including The Incredibles. Leave them as stand alone films.

Darth Macabre
Monsters Inc, 2? What, where, when?

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by jcvaldez
Pixar has a list of animated sequels to their hit movies:

Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Monsters Inc 2

But in my opinion the only Pixar film that deserves a sequel is The Incredibles. I know Brad Bird won't go for it, but to me the others had a complete story and a sequel would just cheapen the original. Even though Toy Story already had a sequel. The Incredibles ended on a big high, and it left so many possibilities for another film.

What do you guys think?

I agree with everything you said, except I would have worded it a bit differently. Instead of typing "another film" I would have typed, "another movie." erm

steverules_2
There's gonna be Monsters Inc. sequel?

MildPossession
Apparently it's 'in development' for a 2012 release.

Are you American then? It's F.I.L.M here in Engerlund. stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
The only Pixar movies that have sequels are Toy Story and Cars, Monsters Inc has not confirmed to have a sequel (not to my knowledge) the next films are Bear and the bow, Toy story 3 and Newt...no Monsters Inc 2?

Originally posted by MildPossession
Apparently it's 'in development' for a 2012 release.

/surprised.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by MildPossession

Not going to lie, I usually call it movie, as well. stick out tongue

lord xyz
Toy Story 3 is going to be amazing.

I feel 2 was superior to 1, despite not having that "nothing like it" feel. Better story, better gags, interesting new characters and brought the other toys in the limelight.

Probably going to have another franchise with 3 > 2 > 1.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by lord xyz
Probably going to have another franchise with 3 > 2 > 1.

What was the first?

MildPossession
Me too. stick out tongue I use Film most, but Movie for things like Summer blockbusters. I mean, you wouldn't see me calling something like Breathless a movie, no no no no.

Prince Nauj
a bugs life 2 would be good

lord xyz
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
What was the first? Harry Potter

siriuswriter
okay. so far, there is only ONE pixar sequel. that was toy story 2, and it was amazingly good. more funny that the first, in my opinion.

as a generalization, pixar makes original films. therefore, the original-ness HAS to apply if they're going to make sequels.

in toy story two, we were introduced to new characters with a new evil plot and they all fit.

so, what would you expect from a sequel right now like monsters, inc. 2?
they've already saved the factory, all the problems that we know about in monsters inc. canon are all okey-dokey. we saw that monsters in the human world are outcasts, so doing something like this the other way around would be a mess.

but. any sequel coming out of that place will be good. after all, they're not disney.

Wolfie
It's odd how Pixar doesn't announce a sequel to the only film that actually warrants one, The Incredibles.

I'm not saying any of these sequels will be bad. I'm just saying The Incredibles is the most obvious to make sequels from.

Mr. Rhythmic
Only "The Incredibles" needs a sequel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.