spiderman vs Karate kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
Ko,kill middle of NYC .

Eternal Idol
KK.

SamZED
Dont know much about the guy but seeing how everybody thinks he's gonna take down Wolverine, Spider-man and Elektra "with ease" im assuming he's as tough as Hulk?

tkitna
KK

Juntai
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
KK.

Juntai
Originally posted by SamZED
Dont know much about the guy but seeing how everybody thinks he's gonna take down Wolverine, Spider-man and Elektra "with ease" im assuming he's as tough as Hulk? He could kung fu Hulk up, probably take some wins. Not sure how many, but it's certainly possible.

Tazer
Yo.

the webbing makes this interesting; but a straight-up fight = Spidey losing.

Tazer

Lord Feron
Um how will KK beat webbing? KK gets hit with webbing and repeated punches to the noggin ftw. 10/10

Digi
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Um how will KK beat webbing? KK gets hit with webbing and repeated punches to the noggin ftw. 10/10

He's broken out of Inerton, DC's adamantium.

no expression

Webs would be a joke. Pete goes down, and hard.

KK 10/10

Wild Shadow
Inerton dont hit back.. no expression

DC has a lot of supposed adamantium that has bn broken like prometium, not impressed.

city setting gives spidey one hell of an advantage here.

Tha C-Master
Karate Kid stomps.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Digi

no expression

KK 10/10

&

Originally posted by Wild Shadow

DC has a lot of supposed adamantium that has bn broken like prometium, not impressed.

promethium isnt DCs adamantium; never has been.

it more of metal that has some rejuvenating properties (possibly energy generating, if I remember that story w/Cyborg correctly), rather than being straith-up CAN-NOT-BREAK-EVER -type deal.

Tazer

Sin I AM
dc doesnt feel the need to create unbreakable metal...honestly the idea is gey imo, anything made can be undone

kk ftw 10/10....spideys webbing never really helps that much

Tha C-Master
Yea, it is always weird that it is made into shapes but is unbreakable somehow (maybe *nigh* unbreakable, but meh.

His webbing is useless against KK, other characters yes, but him, no.

Enyalus
Inerton's been broken by more than just Karate Kid. Was also broken by a no-name Daxamite when Element Lad (maybe?) encased him in it.

I'm sure I could find more instances if I looked.

chomperx9
what ever happened to spidey sense ?

Lord Feron
KK has technique, the webbing is sticky and moves WITH motion and has a degree of elasticity. Say punching a piece of wood i might totally smash it to pieces but trying to punch a sticky web like material will have little to know effect.

Unless your saying KK will simply tear out of the webbing then maybe but if It can keep IM, Wolverine, goblin, and other strong Metas I don't think KK will be able to get out quickly. Granted KK has amazing skill but but I don't think you can skill yourself out of being entangled by webbing.

Anyway SPider-man's playground is just anther reason he would win, coupled with spider-sense and agility he should beat KK 10/10.

Enyalus
I just....can't visualize Spider-Man beating Karate Kid.

Then again, I couldn't visualize him beating Firelord, until it happened.

Digi

Are you familiar with KK? Or Inerton? To say it's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> webs is an understatement. Spidey also wouldn't touch him in the first place, webs or otherwise. Anyone saying Spidey 10/10 has no idea what KK can do. None whatsoever. Spidey 1/10 at best, and this from a very big SM fan.

SamZED
Woah! if EVEN Digi says thst Spidey loses im convinced. But really, is it THAT onesided?

Digi
Originally posted by SamZED
Woah! if EVEN Digi says thst Spidey loses im convinced. But really, is it THAT onesided?

yes

Remember Cap using pressure points to temporarily stun Spider-Man during Civil War? KK would do the same, 3 times faster, and it would knock Spidey out.

Metalmanx
Eh. erm

Is Spidey star-struck like he was with Cap this time around with KK though?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Digi

no expression

KK 10/10
I'm not saying that Spidey takes this by any stretch of the imagination, but his webbing really isn't comparable with Inerton is it? I don't know the feat you're talking about so I can't say for sure, but if he did one of his "moves" that require some kind of specific motion/action then shouldn't Spidey's web should be fine since KK doesn't have the raw power to move?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm not saying that Spidey takes this by any stretch of the imagination, but his webbing really isn't comparable with Inerton is it? I don't know the feat you're talking about so I can't say for sure, but if he did one of his "moves" that require some kind of specific motion/action then shouldn't Spidey's web should be fine since KK doesn't have the raw power to move?

here is the feat he is speaking of.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSuperboyLSH231-28.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSuperboyLSH231-30.jpg

darthgoober
Originally posted by Prep-Man
here is the feat he is speaking of.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSuperboyLSH231-28.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSuperboyLSH231-30.jpg
Well that definitely supports the argument that he could break out of webbing. But do you think it would have worked if his whole body was bound(serious question)? Like, do you think he could have shattered a block of it if he was trapped inside? I only ask because if Spidey just covered the guy in webbing, it seems like even if KK broke his arms free and started "chopping" through the webbing it would still leave him relatively immobile and possibly give Spidey a free shot.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by darthgoober
Well that definitely supports the argument that he could break out of webbing. But do you think it would have worked if his whole body was bound(serious question)? Like, do you think he could have shattered a block of it if he was trapped inside? I only ask because if Spidey just covered the guy in webbing, it seems like even if KK broke his arms free and started "chopping" through the webbing it would still leave him relatively immobile and possibly give Spidey a free shot.

possibly, but catching val is the hard part. which i don't see peter doing.

darthgoober
possibly, but catching val is the hard part. which i don't see peter doing.
Very true. I only see it working with a wide angle "spray" over an area, I was just accounting for the possibility. Thanks for the scans though.

Wild Shadow
aside from that, this would be current KK in this battle and i find him only being human regardless of how many MA skills he has learned would not grant him the strength in the 80 ton range to rip apart webbing so easily. not saying the inertron feat wasnt impressive but the current KK seems to have bn somewhat scaled back in his feats.

i aslo think if spidey can momentarily contain KK in his webbing it would be considered a win for spidey seeing as the scan did show KK being contained for a reasonable amount of time before he broke loose.

also spidey would lose horribly if he decided to stand his ground and fight KK like he did with cap. aside from that he would more then likely use his surroundings to even out the fight.

i say in a fight against KK spidey would lose the first 2 or 3 fights before he realized the best way to beat kk is to stop holding back and use his spider powers/ agility. the last 7 fights i think spidey would take them.

D_Dude1210
I think what Goober is trying to say about webbing vs inerton is that a LOT of martial artists can break bricks with their hands. But try and let them break a long piece of very elastic material and they'll fail every single time.

He does make a point. Unless KK has anything sharp or has super strength, the webbing would hold him. Then again, SM's webbing has always had inconsistent showings. /shrug.

Prep-Man
aside from that, this would be current KK in this battle and i find him only being human regardless of how many MA skills he has learned would not grant him the strength in the 80 ton range to rip apart webbing so easily. not saying the inertron feat wasnt impressive but the current KK seems to have bn somewhat scaled back in his feats.

i aslo think if spidey can momentarily contain KK in his webbing it would be considered a win for spidey seeing as the scan did show KK being contained for a reasonable amount of time before he broke loose.

also spidey would lose horribly if he decided to stand his ground and fight KK like he did with cap. aside from that he would more then likely use his surroundings to even out the fight.

i say in a fight against KK spidey would lose the first 2 or 3 fights before he realized the best way to beat kk is to stop holding back and use his spider powers/ agility. the last 7 fights i think spidey would take them.

current val literally killed a close to top tier alien (imo), while breaking his fists. he can hang with metas easily.

Prep-Man
here is karate kid dancing around monel's attacks.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSH111-14.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSH111-18.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/LSH111-19.jpg

Prep-Man
3boot val sparring with Ultraboy

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Untitled-Scanned-11.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Untitled-Scanned-12.jpg

clearing 5 meters of ice.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg

owning colossal boy

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/Untitled-Scanned-25.jpg

Wild Shadow
their are also numerous of scans of spidey having similar feats and outdoing him in a lot of KK's limited showings, KK is an impressive fighter but he is still only human who was easily thrown by ultra boy and KK had to focus and concentrate to punch the ice block. KK isnt going to get the same opportunity in this fight. also many other ppl have similar abilities and skills on the same lvl of karate kid.

Prep-Man
their are also numerous of scans of spidey having similar feats and outdoing him in a lot of KK's limited showings, KK is an impressive fighter but he is still only human who was easily thrown by ultra boy and KK had to focus and concentrate to punch the ice block. KK isnt going to get the same opportunity in this fight. also many other ppl have similar abilities and skills on the same lvl of karate kid.

yes, but the point i was trying to show with the scans is that peter won't be tagging val anytime soon. if he can dodge near ftl energy projection, then peter won't do much better. spiderman hasn't gone toe to toe with a solid top tier and punking him like Val just did. val has better feats.

Wild Shadow
i understand but i think that both spidey and KK are both agile although i give the nod to spidey due to his physiology and his spider sense that will help him avoid attacks and similar to KK spidey has decades of blocking dodging laser, lightning and cosmic blast that also travel FTL.... i just think this fight is by far closer then some ppl think spidey has also taken high tier bricks and has punked them just like KK difference being spidey's style of fighting isnt to stand his ground but use webbing, terrain and jokes while he does it.

Prep-Man
i understand but i think that both spidey and KK are both agile although i give the nod to spidey due to his physiology and his spider sense that will help him avoid attacks and similar to KK spidey has decades of blocking dodging laser, lightning and cosmic blast that also travel FTL.... i just think this fight is by far closer then some ppl think spidey has also taken high tier bricks and has punked them just like KK difference being spidey's style of fighting isnt to stand his ground but use webbing, terrain and jokes while he does it.

i don't think it's close at all. spiderman has troubles with ma's way below val's level. while val has pretty much mastered ALL weapons AND ma's. plus super karate exotic powers.

Wild Shadow
well then if we use spidey's CIS kryptonite then i guess i give it to you that he loses here. no using spidey's krptonite i give spidey 2 to 3/10 wins..

Prep-Man
well then if we use spidey's CIS kryptonite then i guess i give it to you that he loses here. no using spidey's krptonite i give spidey 2 to 3/10 wins..

which KK are we using? you do know that there are 4 of them.

Wild Shadow
which KK are we using? you do know that there are 4 of them.

current Val the one that fought bats, supergirl and all the modern scans you posted.

Prep-Man
current Val the one that fought bats, supergirl and all the modern scans you posted.

2 val's fought batman. silver age and 3boot.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/14121_4_022.jpg

Wild Shadow
2 val's fought batman. silver age and 3boot.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/14121_4_022.jpg

okay now i am completely lost and think ppl have bn combining not just original val but the modern one and his asian counterpart. messed

when i made this thread i had the val the white one in mind with his modern feats not his old 80's feats... i didnt even know the asian guy even existed until now.
embarrasment

Prep-Man
okay now i am completely lost and think ppl have bn combining not just original val but the modern one and his asian counterpart. messed

when i made this thread i had the val the white one in mind with his modern feats not his old 80's feats... i didnt even know the asian guy even existed until now.
embarrasment

i think you're confused entirely. all the scans i showed are from the 90's to present. and the old 80's feats aren't from the 80's. they're from the 60's and 70's.

Digi
Current KK is dead, and the most recent live version was under the affects of a debilitating disease and still managed to seriously harm a Superman villain. He also casually states that he'd be able to break through an Interton coffin if he were at 100%, which he is nowhere near. So using "current" KK is literally impossible, and also misleading.

Val not under the affects of Morticoccus murders Pete, plain and simple. I haven't seen anything to prove otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.