Dumbledore's funeral

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Ok so I saw the new harry potter movie yesterday since it's just come out yesterday...anyways I was surprised to see that the end was Harry, Ron and Hermione watching a phoenix go off into the sunset. To be honest I was really quite dissapointed that they didn't show it and I can't think of any reason to not have it even if they just wanted to shorten the movie, that was a scene that should have been in the movie. Maybe they'll make it a deleted scene on the DVD erm

The Phantom
I don't know why Yates didn't put it in either. All I knew prior to the movie was not to expect it. Anyone know why?

steverules_2
I dunno...but I thought it was big mistake not to add it in tbh, the ending sucked

The Phantom
I disagree. I liked the ending. But having it in would still have been better.

Hybris
Saw it today and was more than a bit disappointed...

read why below wink

-There was no fight at Hogwarts between the death eaters and the order.
- There was a fight at The Burrow ( I was like wtf!) that had totally no use or meaning...
- The final dialogue between snape and harry without the "DON'T CALL ME COWARD"...
- Bill wasn't even in this movie, let alone that he was injured by Greyback, hence I don't see the point of Greyback being in the movie...
- The funeral of Dumbledore and the break-up between Harry and Ginny was left out...
- Rufus Scrimgeour was nowhere to be seen, as were the dialogues with the "Dumbledore's man all the way"...
- Everyone seems to know about the Vanishing cabinet, Harry even sees the one in the Room of Requirement but doesn't seem to realise...

steverules_2
If Harry and Ginny are broken up in pt.7 people will be confused

I too was dissapointed that those scene's were cut out

The Phantom
Originally posted by Hybris

read why below wink

- There was a fight at The Burrow ( I was like wtf!) that had totally no use or meaning...
- The final dialogue between snape and harry without the "DON'T CALL ME COWARD"...
- Bill wasn't even in this movie, let alone that he was injured by Greyback, hence I don't see the point of Greyback being in the movie...
- The funeral of Dumbledore and the break-up between Harry and Ginny was left out...
- Rufus Scrimgeour was nowhere to be seen, as were the dialogues with the "Dumbledore's man all the way"...
- Everyone seems to know about the Vanishing cabinet, Harry even sees the one in the Room of Requirement but doesn't seem to realise...
1. I agree with. That was disappointing.
2. I liked it personally. It just made it a bit more real. Plus, the book translated into the movie without tha scene would have been boring. There wasn't a lot of action till the end of the book. So... yea.
3. I forgot the don't call me a coward thing... ja... didn't remember that.
4. Bill has no point to be in movie 6. Him getting bit has no effect on the storyline except just background information on other characters. Fenrir does play a bit of a part in this book and the last so he does have some importance, but they never went over him being a were-wolf thing though. That's an issue.
5. Funeral being left out was upsetting but hell, I don't mind how they did it. Harry and Ginny break up would look weird because it'd be just like Spiderman. Let's... go in a different route, shall we?
6. Had no problem with Rufus not being there. In fact, I was thrilled! He has no importance for the movie.
7. No comment.

steverules_2
I don't think Harry and Ginny would have been like spiderman, I think it woulda been good...plus it would show how much she'd grown up since she accepted what Harry said in the book. She didn't moan or anything. Plus we never get to hear that Ginny broke up with Dean so apparantly Ginny was cheating on Dean with Harry.

The Phantom
That's.... a good point... O.O

steverules_2
Plus I think it woulda been good to see Ron's reaction to Harry and Ginny getting together, if a kiss can be considered that. Tbh they should have included a scene where Ginny and Dean break up or it's at least mentioned

jinXed by JaNx
I never had a problem with the adaptations in the previous movies. Although there is usually a lot left out from the books. The films generally capture the most important aspect of each story and usually result in very good movies. Even though i liked this last movie it is by far the weakest in the franchise. Other than Dumbledores death absolutely nothing of consequence happened. The entire movie felt unnecessary. To end the movie with Potter confirming that everything that just happened happened in vain was a most terrible way to end a poorly written movie. Like i said earlier the previous movies were generally good at focusing on the most important aspects. This one, however seemed to focus on some of the most insignificant events. I hate to complain because i did enjoy the movie. It was nice to see them explore the school, classes and relationships again because we missed out on a lot of that in the last two movies but this was one of the most important books and for them to leave out so much important information just boggles my mind.

steverules_2

jinXed by JaNx
yeah this one felt like filler and considering what happens in the next book i'm not expecting the next movie to be much better lol

The Phantom
The sixth book was kinda just a filler... I think. It's more or less just a bridge leading up to the 7th and final book. The movie portrayed it well personally.

steverules_2
Well I'm hopeful that the 7th movie is better. The problem is that yes the 6th book was a filler...BUT, it was still actually quite good and we were able to find out some important things. But the 6th film...wasn't so great and wasn't so enjoyable

Ryo 666
Yeah I have no interest in the film if its so different. Goblet was good but the one after sucked.

steverules_2
I thought Goblet was was really good and they did it pretty well smile The other movies haven't been so bad before, they weren't great...but they weren't bad either. But no.6 was just so terrible I was finding it to be quite boring

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by The Phantom
The sixth book was kinda just a filler... I think. It's more or less just a bridge leading up to the 7th and final book. The movie portrayed it well personally.

yeah, you're right but for some reason HBP felt significant. The more i think about it though nothing much of consequence happened in the book either. I guess it is a good sign that they're splitting up the last book into two movies.

steverules_2
The book felt significant...the movie however did not

Prince Nauj
I had no problem with the ending!

steverules_2
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
I had no problem with the ending!

Good for you

I think it woulda been better to end with dumbledores funeral. The reason being that although Harry's mentor and the man who was always there to protect him was gone...Harry was ready to protect himself, he was ready to take down Voldemort smile The ending we got had the same effect but not as much as it could have had it been Dumbledores funeral

~Bun Bun~
I loved the movie, but I'm one of those who consider the books and movies totally different. Like in the books I seriously fell inlove with Dumbledore, even after what we find out in DH. But the movie Dumbledore not so much. I balled, seriously, when he died in the book. Just didin't hit me nearly as hard. (Was never a fan of this actor as him anyways.)

And as a HUGE dumbledore fan, the funeral would have been so beautiful and no doubt tear jerking. It was good they still had forks in the ending.

But hey it's harry potter I love it no matter what!

Odd, I saw it at the midnight show then again today and I really enjoyed it both times, but at the midnight show I felt like utterly and completely hypnotized, due to the anticipation I'm guessing.

They made a few boo boo's so lets see how they fix them, or even if they do.

Hey for those of you who have seen ROTR, didn't Dumbledore look like Gandolf, just before him and Harry left for the cave? Or is it just me lol.

steverules_2
When Dumbledore died in the book I was really shocked

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by Hybris

read why below wink

I agree!

1. I wanted to see the fight
2. What the hell did they have to burn the burrow for? That was confusing and pointless! The Death Eaters aren't even SUPPOSED to be able to find it- it's supposed to have loads of charms on it and whatnot.
3. Sigh, that part where he shouted 'DON'T CALL ME COWARD" seemed to me to be important, seeing what happens in Deathly Hallows
4. Yeah I know Bill wasn't really a staple character, but still, he and Fleur is getting married in the last one, aren't they? They can't leave the wedding out. So at least mention him or something.....
5. Sigh....the funeral. Enough said.
6. Dammit, I really wanted to hear Harry say 'Dumbledore's man through and through."
7. That damn vanishing cabinet shit-- wtf? No one is supposed to know what Malfoy was doing until the end.

And my own disappointment- THEY LEFT OUT THE PART WHERE HARRY FINDS OUT FROM TRELAWNEY THAT IT WAS SNAPE WHO "SENT" VOLDEMORT AFTER HIS PARENTS. That was supposed to be important, wasn't it?!

steverules_2
The 6th book had quite a few important bits in it which they failed to mention in the film. Tbh I think the whole movie was just a disaster sad

coolmovies
I have not read the books but i did feel there was something missing . Anyway it was very dark and the best out of all 6 .

Just woundring is the last movie gonna be much darker ? if so i cant wait for a big climax.

steverules_2
I reckon film 7 will be quite dark, I'm hoping so anyways and I am also hoping they keep in the main bits. Since it's being split into two films there's no reason to miss much out erm

coolmovies
I agree two hours for each part

steverules_2
I think maybe over 2 hours for both films

d'wittymudblood
The idea of the book was reasonably carried out in the movie. Dumbledore's funeral, as many says, may be seen in the last movie. It will serve as the opening scene of Deathly Hallows, hopefully.

steverules_2
I wasn't so happy with the film

Miss S Malfoy
I didn't either,I guess they'll include it to the start of the next movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.