Zant vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

First_Tsurugi06
Ganondorf's subordinate of sorts substitutes for his God in the ever-constant Sephiroth comparison. Who wins now?

P.S., Ignore the one in the Anime vs forum. I'll hope for that to be closed sometiome soon.

SuperLuigi
where are they fighting?

First_Tsurugi06
Where ever it makes no difference on the opinionated outcome.

ScreamPaste
Zant stomps, he teleports Sephiroth to the twilight realm.

SuperLuigi
twilight realm helps zant very little. remember link went there and wipe his ass with zant's clothes

First_Tsurugi06
Link had:

1. The Triforce of Courage which protected him from becoming a spirit.

2. The Master Sword, which managed to condense the power that turned Link into a wolf in the first place

3. The Master Sword infused with the power of light, which is how Zant was affected in the first place.

ScreamPaste
It BFRs Sephiroth. Link assembled the twilight mirror and had the master sword.

SuperLuigi
zant got his mind controlled by ganon from the light realm. zant is weak

ScreamPaste
Lol. And Zant being hijacked by Ganon is what screws Sephiroth. Even a fraction of Ganon's power spites Seph.

SuperLuigi
what!!!! a fraction? 99/100 maybe

ScreamPaste
No. Lol.

SuperLuigi
Lqtm. Yes seph is global ganon is territorial.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by SuperLuigi

Funny joke.

Ganondorf stomps Sephiroth.

Zant has all of Ganondorf's powers except for being only affected by the Master Sword (maybe).

Zant stomps Sephiroth.

First_Tsurugi06

Ganon is dimensional. On at least two or three occasions, he's shown to warp/transcend a realm other than the Light World and Hyrule.

SuperLuigi
zant never had all ganon's power. where the hell you get that from?

SuperLuigi
ganon takeaway his only being hurt by master sword cant beat sephiroth.

First_Tsurugi06
And Sephiroth taking away having become one with Jenova can't beat Ganon.

Applying either one for the sake of argument of one's point is a fanboyishly biased motion.

And for the record, Ganondorf says in a flashback that he'll house his power within Zant. Even be it just a fraction of his power, it still seemed sufficient enough to usurp the Twilight Realm and start to conquer the Light World

MooCowofJustice
When Ganon says "I shall house my power in you."

Ganon stomps Sephiroth in any way.

ScreamPaste
Ganon could beat Sephiroth with a tenth of his power, blind folded, with his hands behind his back, and no immunity.

SuperLuigi
all sephiroth needs is a little courage and ganon's ass is grass.
zant cant beat midna one on one. so how can he beat sephiroth?

ScreamPaste
Lol?

1. Yes he can.

2. Lol.

Sephiroth's got nothing here. Honestly. Zant's hijacked by Ganon, and as such, stomps Sephiroth into the ground.

SuperLuigi
zant couldnt overthrow midna until ganon blessed him with a gift of power. unless zant has ALL of ganon's power then he cant beat sephiroth.

ScreamPaste
Lol. No.

1. Zant ofcourse was a nobody before Ganon hijacked him, Ganon is the source of his power. Once Zant had a /fraction/ of Ganon's power, he was unstoppable.

2. A tiny fraction of Ganon's power would be enough to beat Sephiroth.

First_Tsurugi06
Ganon by feats possibly may not even have to be within their combative area to best Sephiroth.

HOWEVER, this isn't Ganon vs. Sephiroth. This is Ganon's deranged pawn vs. Sephiroth. I think the question here is: how does said pawn's level of control over however much of Ganon's power he's had prior to his defeat fare in this battle?

Then again, I would normally say that at least Zant's powers as a Twili seemed unique to him; Ganon in the last battle(s) showed visible power over it himself.

ScreamPaste
Zant proved he can teleport other people with him to seperate planes. He could BFR Sephiroth with ease, leaving Sephiroth to rot in some barren dimension of no consequence.

SuperLuigi
twilight realm is just anti light. sephiroth if anything would get a powerful beast form.

even then he still whips zants ass unless ganon was dumb enough to give his all to zant.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Zant proved he can teleport other people with him to seperate planes. He could BFR Sephiroth with ease, leaving Sephiroth to rot in some barren dimension of no consequence.

Not if his WILL has a say in the matter http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

twilight realm is just anti light. sephiroth if anything would get a powerful beast form.

even then he still whips zants ass unless ganon was dumb enough to give his all to zant.

As soon as he's chosen to bear the mark of the Gods, then your claim might hold ground.

ScreamPaste
/headdesk. How exactly? He gets BFR'd to an empty void.

Edit: The above is directed at SL

SuperLuigi
well just going by link's transformation i thought seph would get one.

SuperLuigi
BFR??

MooCowofJustice
SuperLuigi actually makes a good point. But pulling Sephiroth into the Twilight would make Sephiroth into a Twilight Beast, making him Zant's slave.

Link only got turned into a Wolf because he was the chosen hero of the Goddesses.

SuperLuigi
zant was the only slave. the monsters of the twilight attacked link because of the light sword. not because of zant

MooCowofJustice
zant was the only slave. the monsters of the twilight attacked link because of the light sword. not because of zant

Explain the Twilight Beasts that you fight to open all the teleportation portals? For a majority of those you won't have the Master Sword, just the Ordon Sword.

I think the first Light Spirit even mentions something about Link's transformation.

SuperLuigi
they were scared creatures in a new world. confused like bulls in a rodeo. its not like those "slave's" had will power

Edit: nevermind he created those things. but he still couldnt enslave sephiroth or beat him. period.

First_Tsurugi06
well just going by link's transformation i thought seph would get one.

Link only transformed because he was chosen as one of three bearers of the Triforce. The one destined to save Hyrule FROM the Twilight. Seph does not and will not have that luxury just because you want him to.

Sin_Volvagia
Zant isn't Ganon. Sephiroth uses Pale Horse and slices Zant in half.

First_Tsurugi06
He still has Ganon's power. Sephiroth isn't the Master Sword infused with Light and PIS.

Ultimate Wil
Sephiroth 6.5/10

First_Tsurugi06
His loss ratio, yes.

Ultimate Wil
Good one, but no.

ScreamPaste
I don't see what Sephiroth can do here...?

SuperLuigi
more like 10/10 unless zant has 100% ganondorf powers, then its 5.1/10 for seph because zant is a gay chameleon

Ultimate Wil
laughing out loud

ScreamPaste
10% of Ganon's power spites Sephiroth..... Just sayin'. Spites badly.

SuperLuigi
that is some bull if i ever heard it. sephiroth is on par with ganon. sephiroth made the sun swell up

ScreamPaste
laughing Sephiroth on par with Ganon? I'm gonna need a bigger caps lock for this "LOL".

Ganon can rip holes in dimensions at will. erm Overlap them with a thought. He can disintegrate beings with single punches. Tank castle busting attacks with /no harm at all/, and throw thousand ton pillars with ease. Ganon's what Sephieroth wants to be when he grows up.

MooCowofJustice
Umm, woohoo?

Edit: Aww...that was less epic since Scream's post got in the way...

SuperLuigi
did ganon disintegrate anybody of high power? no the sages were just old men who made laws. what castle busting attack?

the thread is zant vs seph... zant is squirrel in seph's world trying to get a nut. the only thing zant did was give ganon a way out of the twilight realm. because ganondorf couldnt do it on his own... tearing dimensions my ass

MooCowofJustice
The Sages forged the Master Sword and they guarded the Twilight Mirror. They had to execute Ganon because he was too powerful for any normal soldier to do it.

Ganondorf has sealed things in the gap between dimensions. He can tear through dimensional walls.

First_Tsurugi06
Zant has also rendered the four deities of Hyrule powerless, plunged said land in Twilight, one time AT WILL (after effortlessly defeating the Light Spirit of the area with a single TK pulse), turned the leader of the Twili into an imp with a gesture, and was practically a semi-reality warper.

You obviously haven't played OOT if you're actually questioning that of Ganon, he did both in the game. He banished his Phantom likeness to the "gap beween dimensions" and he wasn't even on screen. He survived his castle collapsing with him in it, after being the one who made it collapse in the first place. Not to mention his semi-omniscience in revealing that he simply allowed Link to find all the sages so as to bring out Princess Zelda and capture her. And as far as defeating powerful beings is concerned, he easily defeated Midna who was wielding the full power of the Fused Shadow, a relic that the Gods demanded be sealed away for being so dangerous. He presumably destroyed said items afterward.

Nemesis X
If Link can own Zant then Sephiroth can own Zant as well.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nemesis X
If Link can own Zant then Sephiroth can own Zant as well.

This post fails so hard I have to find a picture to describe it.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/STOPSAYINGWORDS.jpg

First_Tsurugi06
As soon as Sephiroth is destined by the righteous deities of Hyrule to bear their crest and wield the holy powers of Light, Evil's Bane, and plot device, the only weaknesses Ganon-and through that, Zant-has, then maybe.

Nemesis X
Of course it's Screampaste that always responds first to my posts. Shut up you Zelda fanboy and crawl back into your hole.

ScreamPaste
Call me a fanboy all you like. Sephiroth has nothing that puts him on Zant's level.

MooCowofJustice
Of course it's Screampaste that always responds first to my posts. Shut up you Zelda fanboy and crawl back into your hole.

You don't follow directions very well...

ScreamPaste
This got me to laugh out loud, legit.
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
You don't follow directions very well... laughing

Nemesis X
Sephiroth has nothing that puts him on Zant's level.

http://images.bigfail.com/i/f/10/00/081.jpg

ScreamPaste
You're doing it wrong.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/karate.jpg

Nemesis X
You're doing it wrong.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/karate.jpg

Your comments only make me laugh.

ScreamPaste
Good, then I'm not the only one who finds a questionably posed feline with a hilarious caption amusing. Now gtfo until you have somethign to back Sephiroth up with. no expression

Nemesis X
Good, then I'm not the only one who finds a questionably posed feline with a hilarious caption amusing. Now gtfo until you have somethign to back Sephiroth up with. no expression

You're saying that only the Master Sword can only hurt Ganon and since Ganon offered some of his power to Zant, he too can only be harmed by the Master Sword. Well that's a load of BS because Ganon never offered any of his power to Zant. Ganon only gave him a fraction of the power of Din which means weapons other than the Master Sword can harm Zant which also means that Zant can be harmed by Sephiroth.

First_Tsurugi06
If that held any ground, it would just mean that it DID make Zant immune, because it's THAT power that amplifies Ganon's to the point of being virtually invulnerable.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
If that held any ground, it would just mean that it DID make Zant immune, because it's THAT power that amplifies Ganon's to the point of being virtually invulnerable.

So are you saying you made a spite thread on purpose just so Sephiroth can lose?

ScreamPaste
I think it was an accident.

But yeah, Ganon can be quoted as housing his power in Zant. Sephiroth never gets a chance to stab Zant, and even if he did, he's not very strong. Zant BFRs him to a random dimension of no consequence.

And that's with a fraction of Ganon's power.

Nemesis X
I think it was an accident.

But yeah, Ganon can be quoted as housing his power in Zant. Sephiroth never gets a chance to stab Zant, and even if he did, he's not very strong. Zant BFRs him to a random dimension of no consequence.

And that's with a fraction of Ganon's power.

How can he make this thread by accident?

So if Zant randomly teleports Sephiroth to some unknown dimension, what makes you think it'll be one that's bad if he has no idea where he just sent him?

You mean a fraction of Din's power.

ScreamPaste
In WW Ganon demonstrated that even the godesses cannot contain him. Without the triforce of power Ganon was already creating life, casting death curses, and generally being badass, once he attained the triforce of power, he became a god. no expression

Nemesis X
In WW Ganon demonstrated that even the godesses cannot contain him. Without the triforce of power Ganon was already creating life, casting death curses, and generally being badass, once he attained the triforce of power, he became a god. no expression

So what does this have to do with Zant having the powers of Din but not Ganon's?

ScreamPaste
Ganon housed his own power in Zant. He can be quoted as saying so.

First_Tsurugi06
So are you saying you made a spite thread on purpose just so Sephiroth can lose?

No, I'm simply taking your previous little theory and putting it in a different, more canonically rational perspective. If I wanted Sephiroth to lose, I'd've bothered with specifics.

Sin_Volvagia
I don't see what Sephiroth can do here...?

Sephiroth can fly, teleport, make illusions of himself, wield a 6ft sword with one hand, use powerful magic, use TK, and can survive being stabbed by a huge sword and energy blasts. His sword can cut through steel. Let's not forget that we haven't even seen his true power.

Zant was killed by Midna's "hair".

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Sephiroth can fly, teleport, make illusions of himself, wield a 6ft sword with one hand, use powerful magic, use TK, and can survive being stabbed by a huge sword and energy blasts. His sword can cut through steel. Let's not forget that we haven't even seen his true power.

Zant was killed by Midna's "hair".

So can Zant, so can Zant, show proof, big whoop, so can Zant, so can Zant, Zant can manipulate reality on a small level, envelop the area in Twilight. No showing of Seph's full power would really prepare for that.

Zant was finished off by it, through a fraction of the power that the Gods had to lock away. He was defeated by what Sephiroth can't even wield.

MooCowofJustice
Don't use Sephiroth's sword as a feat, that's just Final Fantasy being Final Fantasy. He can't draw that thing from a sheath without him being Mr. Fantastic or the sword bending to the point of it breaking.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
Good one, but no.

No on Seph winning, I know.

Sin_Volvagia
So can Zant, so can Zant, show proof, big whoop, so can Zant, so can Zant, Zant can manipulate reality on a small level, envelop the area in Twilight. No showing of Seph's full power would really prepare for that.

Zant was finished off by it, through a fraction of the power that the Gods had to lock away. He was defeated by what Sephiroth can't even wield.

1. I know
2. I know
3. Go play FF7 (Temple of the Ancients *hint hint*)
4. It's a lot better than Zant's swords.
5. Zant doesn't have a planet-destroying spell
6. Sephiroth is capable of controlling the Lifestream (which is the essence of FF7's earth). He also managed to revive himself after getting killed in FF7.

7. Zant isn't Ganon. He would still get his ass kicked if Link used some other weapon. Zant was killed by somebody's hair while Sephiroth was killed by a plot device attack.

MooCowofJustice
Zant was not killed by anyone's hair.

Zant is not Ganon. That's good, you can tell the difference between names. But Ganon is QUOTED as saying "I will house my Power within' you."

Sephiroth's sword is laughable.

Ganon has the Triforce of Power, the essence of Din. Din created the landscape and shaped the planet. Ganon can destroy what Din created, but he doesn't want to, he wants to rule it.

ScreamPaste
Zant was unaffected by Midna's hair, he was fine immediately after she attacked him erm This was the part in the game where it was revealed Ganon was powering Zant.

MooCowofJustice
I think it's important to point out that the hair also stopped a rampaging giant boar form Ganon while she sat on Wolf Link's back.

Edit: I need to add that she also used that arm to force that giant boar onto its side.

RaidenDeadpool
If anything Zant will be able to teleport out of whatever Sephiroth sends his way, especially that ridiculous sword.

First_Tsurugi06
1. I know
2. I know
3. Go play FF7 (Temple of the Ancients *hint hint*)
4. It's a lot better than Zant's swords.
5. Zant doesn't have a planet-destroying spell
6. Sephiroth is capable of controlling the Lifestream (which is the essence of FF7's earth). He also managed to revive himself after getting killed in FF7.

7. Zant isn't Ganon. He would still get his ass kicked if Link used some other weapon. Zant was killed by somebody's hair while Sephiroth was killed by a plot device attack.

1. Good to know.
2. Good to know.
3. Pretty sure that was another of his wards in his image.
4. Zant really doesn't even need a weapon. That's why I say big whoop.
5. Neither does Seph.
6. Controlling Twilight (the 'essence' of another entire dimension) on an equal whim (given how easily he can overpower Hyrule's guardian dieties)

7. Zant was still empowered by Ganon, which counts for more or less as much until Ganon returned to the Light World (which was presumably when the castle was enveloped by a barrier). Plot device is the only thing that ever even FAZED him, as had been stated. That "hair" would probably do worse to Seph than it did to Zant, and Ganon easily defeated it at full power.

SuperLuigi
i just beat zant with the ordon sword. there for sephiroth can and will kill this wanna be twilight king.
oh and sephiroth's will is strong than zant's entire being. ganondorf never gave the chameleon all his power just enough to beat midna. play the game learn how gay zant is and learn how he couldnt hurt a fly

MooCowofJustice
He housed his power within Ganon. Unless he left the majority of it in the Twilight Realm, which he didn't, Zant has the power of Ganon, and stomps Sephiroth into the dirt.

SuperLuigi
after zant helped ganon escape the twilight realm. ganon took his power back because midna was an imp and no longer a threat to zant's rule.

MooCowofJustice
Zant didn't lose Ganon's power until Link beat him.

SuperLuigi
which he did with the ordon sword

MooCowofJustice
Not canon.

SuperLuigi
if zant could only be killed by the master sword then he wouldnt have gotten damaged. fight ganondorf with the ordon sword and see if it works.

MooCowofJustice
That argument has been used before. And it is outweighed by numerous statements that Ganondorf can only be defeated using the Master Sword.

Same goes for Zant, because an optional choice =/= canon.

Sin_Volvagia
Zant was not killed by anyone's hair.

Midna killed Zant with her "hair".

That wasn't all of his power. Just a part of it.

Seeing that it can cut through steel and can only be wielded by one, it's not a joke. Show me a time when the Master Sword could cut through metal.

Zant was unaffected by Midna's hair, he was fine immediately after she attacked him erm This was the part in the game where it was revealed Ganon was powering Zant.

How did Zant die then?

4. Zant really doesn't even need a weapon. That's why I say big whoop.

But Zant did use one and it was nothing impressive

Yes he does. It's called Meteor.

OK

Sephiroth survived a stab from the Buster Sword before being thrown into a pit (during the Nibelheim incident). Zant lost his power after his defeat and stayed dead. Sephiroth would slice up Midna's hair.

Phanteros
another "Sephiroth vs Link" thread in disguise.

Burning thought
By the looks of it, more of a Sephiroth vs Ganon, and Meteor cannot destroy planets, it was only the combination of meteor AND holy that was going to destroy the planet.

Also dont evne mention Sephiroths spells, their too slow to cast.

First_Tsurugi06
Zant was killed by Midna's "hair"

Zant was finished off by a part of a power that the Gods had demanded be sealed away.

Bigger testament to his instability than his need for them. That, and he spent the entire last fight teleporting in frenzy only losing a beat if you hit him, and that's just gameplay.

First off, that's the Black Materia; one use and it was gone. Pure plot device, not a shred of consistency. Secondly it was stated that the intent was to injure the planet so as to call out enough of the Lifestream for Seph to absorb and become a God, not outright destroy the Planet, because the last time Meteor hit (Jenova's arrival), it made a big crater.

Zant's got more resources than the Buster Sword and a pit to the core of the earth. It would hold more to the topic if this were Crisis Core Sephiroth. Midna with the Fused Shadows did to Ganondorf's Twilight barrier what it took a full-powered Junon Cannon to do to Sephiroth's barrier.

MooCowofJustice
Uh, Sin? Ganon said "I will house my power within you." Not "I will house part of my power within you."

ScreamPaste
Zant didn't die after Midna hair crushed him at all... It's revealed at that point Zant cannot die as long as Ganon is still powering him... Remember?

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Burning thought
By the looks of it, more of a Sephiroth vs Ganon, and Meteor cannot destroy planets, it was only the combination of meteor AND holy that was going to destroy the planet.

Also dont evne mention Sephiroths spells, their too slow to cast.

Sephiroth's meteor was gonna wipe out all life on the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ7DqF5WUMI

Ok, so this is a bit exaggerated since Sephiroth only wanted to leave a huge hurt on the planet so he can harvest its "pain".

The only spell of Sephiroth's that is slow is Meteor which takes two weeks to do the damage.

Zant was finished off by a part of a power that the Gods had demanded be sealed away.

According to the Zelda wiki, Midna did kill Vant (though it was by using some Fused Shadow power). It also says that he only had a fraction of Ganon's power.

If this was Crisis Core Sephiroth, he would lose since he had not gotten his hands on Jenova yet.

Uh, Sin? Ganon said "I will house my power within you." Not "I will house part of my power within you."

He didn't say all of it. Also, the game reveals that he only had a fragment. If he had all of Ganon's power, why did he need reviving?

Zant didn't die after Midna hair crushed him at all... It's revealed at that point Zant cannot die as long as Ganon is still powering him... Remember?

I remember Zant being crushed by Midna. Didn't Ganon say that he wasn't going to bother reviving him?

First_Tsurugi06
Sephiroth's meteor was gonna wipe out all life on the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ7DqF5WUMI

Ok, so this is a bit exaggerated since Sephiroth only wanted to leave a huge hurt on the planet so he can harvest its "pain".

The only spell of Sephiroth's that is slow is Meteor which takes two weeks to do the damage.

According to the Zelda wiki, Midna did kill Vant (though it was by using some Fused Shadow power). It also says that he only had a fraction of Ganon's power.

If this was Crisis Core Sephiroth, he would lose since he had not gotten his hands on Jenova yet.

He didn't say all of it. Also, the game reveals that he only had a fragment. If he had all of Ganon's power, why did he need reviving?

I remember Zant being crushed by Midna. Didn't Ganon say that he wasn't going to bother reviving him?

-First off you can keep real-world physics the freck out of this debate of magic, darkness-empowered creatures, extraterrestrial biomonsters, and ethereal life force, thanks. Next, the planet in FFVII would have lost all life only because he would have absorbed the lifestream that gathered from the wound of the planet to achieve supremecy. As I'm sure you know, that's how the northern crater was created milennia ago by Jenova with Meteor, so the spell is not a planet buster in and of itself. That's not outright planet busting in the long run, and as I said, Black Materia is an inconsistent one-timer item.

-Now normally, someone would probably end up with an expression like the one on my avatar at mention of a Wiki, but I'm not so uptight over it. But that what you said is exactly my point, Midna used the power of the Fused Shadow to finish off Zant (which she STATES in horrified fashion mind you). Her hair was just her means of using a glimpse of it. Again, she did with the Fused Shadows what it took the Junon Cannon to do to Seph's barrier.

-I don't think anyone's arguing with that.

-Doesn't really matter based on feats. If anything, it speaks more for the likelihood that, like the case with Sephiroth, we've yet to see the full extent of Ganon's power too.

-His dialogue implies that it was at least his physical body that was destroyed, and he ultimately died for good after Ganon's defeat at TP's end. Zant's little neck snap in that vision is commonly debated, but I think what can be agreed upon is that with Ganon defeated, Zant wasn't going to be revived. Also no, Ganon never made any mention of bothering with reviving Zant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.