Chris Redfield vs. Graveler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WO Polaski
in a fight to the death. setting is inside a volcano.

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/9846/images/graveler.gif

Vs.

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/image/chris-redfield-roids.jpg

SpadeKing
no expression

ScreamPaste
I admit I've never played RE5, but does Chris do anything that would allow him not to get totally raped here? O_o

WO Polaski
yeah. in fact according to re5 boulder types are weak against refield types.

XanatosForever
Chris 'Roid stomps Graveler laughing

ScreamPaste
Lol, I checked the off-topic thread, he rolled a boulder, which is kool. It wasn't fighting back, graveller would be. O.o and I think Graveller is even stronger, but I'm not up to date on specifics.

Damnit Xan, we're socks, we can't disagree! D=< Back in the drawer.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Lol, I checked the off-topic thread, he rolled a boulder, which is kool. It wasn't fighting back, graveller would be. O.o and I think Graveller is even stronger, but I'm not up to date on specifics.

Damnit Xan, we're socks, we can't disagree! D=< Back in the drawer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xuXkVzBdJQ

he manhandled that boulder. what chance does graveler have?

MooCowofJustice
The fact that it's alive and very strong.

WO Polaski
what are you trying to say? regular boulders arent very strong? i hope for your sake a boulder never overhears you saying that.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by WO Polaski
what are you trying to say? regular boulders arent very strong? i hope for your sake a boulder never overhears you saying that.

Where' the Ms. Marvel?

XanatosForever
Living or inert, no boulder can stand a chance against Chris's guns. And I don't mean his firearms wink

StyleTime
Yes, you mean his arms of fire.

XanatosForever
If by fire you mean RAGE, then yes.

StyleTime
I most certainly do.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Where' the Ms. Marvel?

huh? o.o

Confrontation X
Graveler I know so

SuperLuigi
graveler by a rockslide or landslide or earthquake or body slam or hyper beam or tackle or headbutt or roll out or rock tomb or fissure or dig or anything. chris beat up a non living boulder.

Confrontation X
Lol...exactly

Ridley_Prime
If the classic sneer doesn't work, poor Graveler will tremble at the impact of Chris saying "I've had enough of your bullshit!".

XanatosForever
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
graveler by a rockslide or landslide or earthquake or body slam or hyper beam or tackle or headbutt or roll out or rock tomb or fissure or dig or anything. chris beat up a non living boulder.

He was also able to dodge and counter a bullet-timer. Graveler won't be able to touch him. smile

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by WO Polaski
huh? o.o

Didn't you have a Ms. Marvel sig?

SpadeKing
what is chris going to do to hurt something tougher than the normal boulder?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Didn't you have a Ms. Marvel sig?

Was'nt that Sin I AM ?

C. C. Cowgirl!
Graveler runs down trees and boulders for the single reason that he doesn't feel like going around them. He EAT stone at a daily basis. Chris can do nothing against this guy, who for the record is tougher than regular stone, fights back and has both projecting and melee abilities (Offense as well as defense)

The Pokédex says that when he rolls, once he has gotten momentum there is NO Pokémon that can stop him without effort.

Sin_Volvagia
Chris pulls out a grenade launcher and loads it with acid rounds. There's one less Graveler in the Pokemon world.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Chris pulls out a grenade launcher and loads it with acid rounds. There's one less Graveler in the Pokemon world.

You are of course taking in consideration that Graveler is durable far beyond common stone.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
You are of course taking in consideration that Graveler is durable far beyond common stone.

Chris has dealt with tougher opponents (U-9 and Wesker). And I remember Graveler being weak against ice which makes him vulnerable to freeze rounds.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Chris has dealt with tougher opponents (U-9 and Wesker). And I remember Graveler being weak against ice which makes him vulnerable to freeze rounds.

Wesker is not more durable than stone and was weakened when Chris beat him. Chris was also not alone in that fight and Wesker did not use ranged attacks.

What Chris has dealt with is of no significance here. He doesn't have the feats required to even damage Graveler, let alone win.

Freeze rounds will not take him very far, since bullets themselves doesn't. Merely because he has a weakness doesn't mean anything of that element is super efficient.

Sin_Volvagia
Wesker is not more durable than stone and was weakened when Chris beat him. Chris was also not alone in that fight and Wesker did not use ranged attacks.

What Chris has dealt with is of no significance here. He doesn't have the feats required to even damage Graveler, let alone win.

Freeze rounds will not take him very far, since bullets themselves doesn't. Merely because he has a weakness doesn't mean anything of that element is super efficient.

1. Wesker survived bullets and had a rocket exploding in his face without fatal injury. Wesker also uses a handgun.

2. Graveler is not Golem (who withstands dynamite). A grenade or shotgun blast will do damage.

BTW:

"It tumbles down slopes, heedless of any body parts chipping off. It eats a ton of rocks daily."
-Pearl Pokedex

That's just proof enough that Graveler is not as durable as you claim it to be.

3. Graveler is weak against water and ice attacks. A nitrogen grenade will do the job. And acid is definitely gonna hurt especially if the rock Pokemon can break while sliding down mountains.

SpadeKing
In a volcano? thats an easy rockslide victory before chris can do much.

C. C. Cowgirl!

Sin_Volvagia

Wei Phoenix
Don't really care about this one but Chris only used a Rocket Launcher that was handed to him at the end, and one that was luckily placed in the hangar. RLs arent' standard equipment for him.

SpadeKing
I believe rollout completely cancels out any slowness

Ridley_Prime
1. The gun was never used in a cutscene
Yes it was, when they were on the plane.

Sandstorm, Flamethrower, Dig, Stealth Rock, Earthquake and much more.
Sandstorm, Flamethrower, and Dig are not moves a Graveler naturally learns when leveling up though (only through Technical Machines/move tutor moves), so that would fall into the gameplay category, and thus would not be considered natural abilities of a Graveler... unless Chris is facing a well-trained one. Is he, or is it just a wild Graveler? If it's the latter, then Chris won't have to worry about Flamethrower, Dig, or Sandstorm.
(yes, I is a poketard too)

I don't care who really wins by the way. Just pointing some things out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.