He-Man v The Growing Gauntlet Part the Second!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
so, seems i may have underestimated the prince, after telling everyone he is often underestimated! heh. i love irony . . .

anyway, let's try this again--each enters one at a time, til the one in front is in trouble then the next enters instantly. let's make it a bit more challenging . . .

1. namor
2. a-bomb
3. sasquatch
4. wendigo
5. kalibak
6. hammerles thor
7. immortal hercules
8. rulk

so, how many can he take. strictly h2h.

Kris Blaze
Stops at 4-7

Digi
I think he stops at 7. I'd give him the strength edge over all of these guys (yes, Hulk fans), but Thor and Herc are a good fight, and added to everyone else would be too much for Adam. Those two alone might take him, just because he can be knocked out.

Also, leo, are we to assume that everyone from the gauntlet is still around for each new addition? Because I'm fairly sure that, say, Namor would be incapacitated by the time we got to about #3.

But yeah, He-Man clears that first GG you made, and one-shots half the list. This one is better.

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
I think he stops at 7. I'd give him the strength edge over all of these guys (yes, Hulk fans), but Thor and Herc are a good fight, and added to everyone else would be too much for Adam. Those two alone might take him, just because he can be knocked out.

Also, leo, are we to assume that everyone from the gauntlet is still around for each new addition? Because I'm fairly sure that, say, Namor would be incapacitated by the time we got to about #3.

But yeah, He-Man clears that first GG you made, and one-shots half the list. This one is better.

if he can one-shot people then they are out. but that's a pretty impressive feat to 1-shot any of these guys in straight h2h. they are all very durable, skilled or very fast, and working with others it's hard for me to believe MOST wouldn't survive long enough to get help and work together. when powers and weapons are involved i think the one-shots are a lot more viable and can happen more easily.

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
if he can one-shot people then they are out. but that's a pretty impressive feat to 1-shot any of these guys in straight h2h. they are all very durable, skilled or very fast, and working with others it's hard for me to believe MOST wouldn't survive long enough to get help and work together. when powers and weapons are involved i think the one-shots are a lot more viable and can happen more easily.

I didn't say he'd one-shot Namor. I said Namor would be out eventually, which he would be. A few on your earlier gauntlet would be one-shotted, however. Or thrown into the next zip code, etc. But I was really just looking for clarification. My earlier assessment stands.

smile

leonidas
I didn't say he'd one-shot Namor. I said Namor would be out eventually, which he would be. A few on your earlier gauntlet would be one-shotted, however. Or thrown into the next zip code, etc. But I was really just looking for clarification. My earlier assessment stands.

smile

making it to 7 before he falls is still REALLY friggin' impressive . . .

Galan007
imo, he stops somewhere between 6-8.

Harbinger

Digi
making it to 7 before he falls is still REALLY friggin' impressive . . .

Well, I see Kalibak as the first to give him real trouble. And by the time he gets to Kalibak, I see Namor and A-Bomb being down for the count. So he's never fighting more than maybe 2 until we get to Thor, which is where the real test begins. And then Herc would put it over the top.

But if you throw all of the first 6 in at once, I'd say he loses. Maybe even the first 5. But in this format I don't see that many staying around all at once.

leonidas
Well, I see Kalibak as the first to give him real trouble. And by the time he gets to Kalibak, I see Namor and A-Bomb being down for the count. So he's never fighting more than maybe 2 until we get to Thor, which is where the real test begins. And then Herc would put it over the top.

But if you throw all of the first 6 in at once, I'd say he loses. Maybe even the first 5. But in this format I don't see that many staying around all at once.

thumb up

leonidas
for hyperion prime. smile

Hyperion Prime
I honestly think He-man can clear this. He is way stronger than any of them except maybe Hercules

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I honestly think He-man can clear this. He is way stronger than any of them except maybe Hercules

He can't be stronger than Thor and not stronger than Hercules

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Ok he is stronger than them all, but Hercules is the best fighter in the group is what I should have said.

Digi

Kris, even Hulk takes 2nd place to He-Man in comicdom for plot-induced strength powers. He's the strongest in this fight. That's not even close to being in question. But that doesn't make him invincible.

Enyalus
A-Bomb is pretty solid, isn't he? Not like he'd go down quickly. I think five has a good chance, and if he does get past that, six shuts him down.

Adam_PoE
6Ty12DfroPo

RIBO9C2GzYs

illadelph12
Shit...

leonidas
Originally posted by illadelph12
Shit...

confused

how far does he get?

illadelph12
I agree with 7. He can likely dispatch 1-3 without too much difficulty, but by the time he winds up facing Wendigo or Sasquatch (depending on what state either is in by the time the help arrives) + Kalibak + Thor he'd be exerting a lot, and when you add Hercules to that mix he'd be fighting in my opinion an overwhelming force (sans the Sword of Power. With the sword he could possibly make it to a 3 on 1 with Thor, Herc, and Rulk).

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Enyalus
A-Bomb is pretty solid, isn't he? Not like he'd go down quickly. I think five has a good chance, and if he does get past that, six shuts him down.

A-Bomb is a solid threat here. He has probably the best showing against Rulk.

D-Block
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
A-Bomb is a solid threat here. He has probably the best showing against Rulk.

Thor had Rulk beat also.

Digi
Originally posted by illadelph12
Shit...

I know, right? That's some awesome stuff there.

Enyalus
I was forgetting about He-Man's weapon. I was envisioning this as a kind of H2H contest, really.

The Sword kinda...Heh. I'd say 7 is reasonable with it.

zeel

why? cant he be stronger then thor or herc. Id say he-man is above either of theses guys.

H2H herc and He-man >thor any day of the week, thor himself has said herc is better in hand to hand.
Thor in my opinion would be even with he man with his hammer and he man with his sword but the stength advantage goes to he-man. He man can use the power of grey skull to amplify his powers.

I think this stops at 7 though.

Enyalus
Originally posted by zeel
why? cant he be stronger then thor or herc. Id say he-man is above either of theses guys.
You're misunderstanding what he was saying.

Thor and Hercules are pretty much the same strengthwise, exactly. So you can't go around saying that He-Man is stronger than Thor, but not stronger than Hercules. It's illogical.

SoulDevourer
why? cant he be stronger then thor or herc. Id say he-man is above either of theses guys.MAYBE strenght but not for durablity

zeel
You're misunderstanding what he was saying.

Thor and Hercules are pretty much the same strengthwise, exactly. So you can't go around saying that He-Man is stronger than Thor, but not stronger than Hercules. It's illogical.

ok let me rephrase this.

my opinion as far as strength goes its goes HE-man then herc and thor tied. as far as hand to hand goes. Prolly herc then HE-man then thor. With all assets he-man tied with thor and herc is in the last place slot i think.

Battlehammer
Wendigo is far to low on the list. He-Man stops at 4 assuming this is the strongest version of Wendigo.

zeel
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
MAYBE strenght but not for durablity

nah totally disagree duribility would go to HE-man for sure.

zeel
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Wendigo is far to low on the list. He-Man stops at 4 assuming this is the strongest version of Wendigo.

would be a good fight

Battlehammer
would be a good fight
I dont think it would be to be honest. The storngest version of wendigo is redciulously powerful he would not even need help to beat he-man it jsut be over kill to have the other 3 with him

Enyalus
I was forgetting about He-Man's weapon. I was envisioning this as a kind of H2H contest, really.

The Sword kinda...Heh. I'd say 7 is reasonable with it.
Jesus Christ, dumbass, the OP flat out states that it's purely H2H. You were right the first time.

He's not getting to 7.

zeel
Originally posted by Battlehammer
I dont think it would be to be honest. The storngest version of wendigo is redciulously powerful he would not even need help to beat he-man it jsut be over kill to have the other 3 with him

disagree i think he-man is more on the level with captian marvel in strength. IM sure he could amp himself with greyskulls help if it was allowed. I look at HE-man as thor but a bit stronger and not quite as versital.

Battlehammer
disagree i think he-man is more on the level with captian marvel in strength. IM sure he could amp himself with greyskulls help if it was allowed. I look at HE-man as thor but a bit stronger and not quite as versital.
The most powerful version of wendigo had doctor strange scare, he wrecked alpha flight, could summon limitless army of wendigos it seemed, had crazy magical abilties ect.

leonidas
Jesus Christ, dumbass, the OP flat out states that it's purely H2H. You were right the first time.

He's not getting to 7.

laughing

i was wondering when you were gonna figure that out. big grin

from what i've read of he-man, his durability IS something of a question. and BH--this is standard wendigo, not that ridiculous clone-creating beast.

Enyalus
laughing

i was wondering when you were gonna figure that out. big grin
stick out tongue

Five stops him cold. A-Bomb + Kalibak would spell loads of problems for the Prince of Eternia.

leonidas
stick out tongue

Five stops him cold. A-Bomb + Kalibak would spell loads of problems for the Prince of Eternia.

i would have said somewhere around 5 myself. cheers

(a-bomb was being pretty underrated in this thread, it seemed to me. shrug )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.