Shinryu (FF I) runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FE Expert
This is a battle to the death, with no more than one minute, the time to bring a challenger to the field. Setting: the Grassy Plains on Naboo. They all have their canonical abilities and equipment.

On a side note, Naesala (and Tibarn as well) have two armors with different effects. It is important to understand what each armor does, since these characters will use both armors during the course of the gauntlet.

The first armor, as worn in Path of Radiance, increases a bird laguz's abilities by some points when activated. However, being laguz kings, their Laguz Bands allowed them to keep the effects of their armors activated until battles subside. (In POR, they activate their armor during the character selection phase, provided that the Laguz Band is "equipped"wink

The second armor, as worn in Radiant Dawn, doubles all their stats except for HP and Luck. The Formshift skill allows them to remain in their forms until the battles subside. However, unlike its POR counterpart, the RD version of this armor requires the player to activate it in battle.

1. Naboo Starfighter (with an ordinary RSF pilot at its controls)
2. Naesala (with his first armor)
3. Tibarn (with his first armor)
4. Naesala (with his second armor)
5. Tibarn (with his second armor)
6. FF II red dragon
7. FF I Omega

FE Expert
To fully understand what FF I Shinryu is about, you need to have played either the GBA or the DS versions.

FE Expert
Sorry, I meant GBA or PSP versions of FF I.

Sin_Volvagia
FF1 DS Shinryu came from FF5. He smokes the whole gauntlet with Omega being the only worthy opponent.

MooCowofJustice
I dunno, Naesala is meant to be incredibly quick and evasive, while Tibarn is very powerful.

FE Expert
Shinryu is more vulnerable to physical attacks (than Omega), the kind of physical attacks the opponents #2 through 5 may deal.

I'd say #4 if Shinryu doesn't come with the Nihil ability from Radiant Dawn (Naesala has about 50% chance to activate Tear upon attacking; Shinryu may survive an attack if Tear doesn't activate)

Tear does the following when activated: it multiplies the attacker's strength by 4 (and it supposedly halves the defender's speed but the enemies often die when this effect activates)

If Shinryu does come with Nihil, then there is no chance whatsoever that Tear will activate. Both Naesala and Tibarn will evade Shinryu's attacks a lot, but when Shinryu hits... either one is in a world of hurt. I assumed a lot fewer people know about Fire Emblem games than they'd know FF I/II.

But then, I'm not really sure as to whether Omega would prevail or Shinryu would prevail if RD Tibarn (and the red dragon as well) was defeated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.