Chris Jericho: most underused wrestler of 2000's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
okay, so i'm a big fan of jericho and i've followed him for a while now. honestly speaking, i think as of now, Jericho's probably the best wrestler around (baring the vets like HBK and Taker). honestly, he performs great, his matches are great, he can work with anyone, his mic skills are good, he carries himself like a superstar and he's awesome at being both heel and face (altho i prefer him as heel). not only that but he can work any kind of match with any kind of opponent.

and he's held the belt how many times in all these years? since 2001 i dont recall Jericho holding the belt except his blink-and-miss-more-cena-wank one month title reign.

does anyone have any reason why he's being so underused and shat upon lately (okay, fine, so he's won more IC belts than anyone but Jericho isn't middle or even uppermiddle card level athelete....he's topcard any day).

Darth Vicious
Not sure why this is not on the WWE thread. Anyways..

I think because the Cenas and the Triple Hs steal the spotlight too much. One thing Jericho hols over all of them is that he has been the only wrestler to hold the undisputed WWE title.

Sado22
nope. Triple H was the second one. in fact he won it off him in WM18. sad

Alpha Centauri
Best wrestler around?

Since when did he become better than Bryan Danielson, the actual best wrestler in the world?

At his peak he wasn't even the best in the WWE.

-AC

Sado22
talking strictly WWE, mate. i'm talking about Y2J at the moment and WWE specifically.

steverules_2
I thought Jericho was great in 2000 and 2001...after that he didn't do much

forumcrew
how can you underrate a wrestler? You mean the writers didnt give him enough to do? You do know its fake right?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Sado22
nope. Triple H was the second one. in fact he won it off him in WM18. sad
True but he didnt became the undisputed champion. Once Triple H won it was split into 2 championships. Triple H became the WWE champion.

Originally posted by forumcrew
how can you underrate a wrestler? You mean the writers didnt give him enough to do? You do know its fake right?

Yeah, we know its fake. Its like actors. Give Sean Penn and David Arquette the same scene and Sean Penn will give u the most powerful performance. Im not saying Jericho is close to being Penn but he does awesome work with the material hes given. He improvises a lot also.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Darth Vicious

Yeah, we know its fake. Its like actors. Give Sean Penn and David Arquette the same scene and Sean Penn will give u the most powerful performance. Im not saying Jericho is close to being Penn but he does awesome work with the material hes given. He improvises a lot also.

When you started with the acting analogy I was ready to laugh at you, but I will give you some credit I do see your point on that, these guys are definitely great athletes and some do put on a better show than others.

Raoul
I was a big fan of jericho before he left the wwf to go do his band stuff or whatever. He wasn't the best in the ring, but i always preferred him to the likes of Triple H or Cena. He had some great matches against the likes of the Rock, Angle and Benoit...

I-Drop
Originally posted by Sado22
okay, so i'm a big fan of jericho and i've followed him for a while now. honestly speaking, i think as of now, Jericho's probably the best wrestler around (baring the vets like HBK and Taker). honestly, he performs great, his matches are great, he can work with anyone, his mic skills are good, he carries himself like a superstar and he's awesome at being both heel and face (altho i prefer him as heel). not only that but he can work any kind of match with any kind of opponent.

and he's held the belt how many times in all these years? since 2001 i dont recall Jericho holding the belt except his blink-and-miss-more-cena-wank one month title reign.

does anyone have any reason why he's being so underused and shat upon lately (okay, fine, so he's won more IC belts than anyone but Jericho isn't middle or even uppermiddle card level athelete....he's topcard any day). Y2J @his best is better than HBK and Undertaker. WWE is currenty about nothing more than trying to make John Cena & Cripple H look good. I doubt Y2J or Christian (also very underrated) will get what they deserve anytime soon

Alpha Centauri
They don't get what they "deserve" because they don't help themselves either.

Christian isn't as good as he was, neither is Jericho. That's why they don't get shots. When they WERE, they didn't, because Vince is allergic to picking the right stars at the right time. He hit the target with Hogan, Austin and The Rock, but then he never did it again.

Even with Hogan, so many better stars got jiffed because of him. The fact that Jake Roberts and Ted DiBiase were not WWF champion ONCE is a travesty.

-AC

I-Drop
Even now they still aren't getting the shots while inferior performers do get the shots. How can they "help themselves"?

Quincy
I'm a Jerichoholic from back in the WWF days. Screw WWE.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by I-Drop
Even now they still aren't getting the shots while inferior performers do get the shots. How can they "help themselves"?

Not everyone can **** the boss's daughter.

Sado22
well, when you consider what are the requirements, Jericho delivers on all points: performer, good matches, good mic work and is comfortable as both heel or face. compare to Cena or HHH or Randy Orton, I'd rate Y2J over them easily.

ditto.

P-Geyser
Damn Sado did you create this thread to get in that good ol Triple-H and Cena bashing? evil face

Darth Martin
Jericho was a good heel back in the WWF days. Especially when he came over from WCW.

The problem with WWE now is that it's all dumbed down for children. TV-PG? Give me a break! The Rock and Stone Cold used to carry on on Raw. They had storylines and people who could use the mic.

Cena, it seems, is always a face. He's not that great. Triple H should mostly be a heel. Orton flip-flops. I can't watch nowadays. The greats like Rock, Austin, Jericho, Lesnar, Goldberg, Benoit, and Angle are all gone. It's truly sad.

Darth Martin
When Jeriocho debuted on RAW and interrupted The Rock it was EPIC.

-Pr-
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Damn Sado did you create this thread to get in that good ol Triple-H and Cena bashing? evil face

why not? they suck.

peejayd
Originally posted by Darth Martin
When Jeriocho debuted on RAW and interrupted The Rock it was EPIC.

* Y2J got dissed by Rock big time in that segment... it was obviously entertaining... smile

P-Geyser
Originally posted by -Pr-
why not? they suck.

(sighs)...nevermind

Darth Martin
Originally posted by peejayd
* Y2J got dissed by Rock big time in that segment... it was obviously entertaining... smile Which I totally don't mind considering The Rock is my favorite of all time. He was hands down the best entertainer in the business.

When the word "Jericho" appeared on the titantron the building exploded. The Rock looked pissed!

Alpha Centauri
Just like everything, though, the Rock buried him.

Thankfully Jericho had what it takes to come back. I don't think anybody sees him as ex-WCW now.

The one guy I always thought they should have signed and made champion was Christopher Daniels. Then again, I like the dude too much to want to see him ruined.

-AC

-Pr-
Originally posted by P-Geyser
(sighs)...nevermind

laughing out loud

I-Drop
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Just like everything, though, the Rock buried him.

Thankfully Jericho had what it takes to come back. I don't think anybody sees him as ex-WCW now.

The one guy I always thought they should have signed and made champion was Christopher Daniels. Then again, I like the dude too much to want to see him ruined.

-AC I don't remember how the Rock buried Y2J. Can you elaborate? Originally posted by -Pr-
why not? they suck. laughing out loud Cripple H sure does. Cena tries, but the company shoves him down our throats because lil' kids buy his Tshirts. Damn kids!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.