Who can one-shot Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Thanos has all of his shields up and is completely braced for an attack.

Who can KO/kill him in one attack, using nothing but raw power (physical or energy)?

Mindset
Well Fed Galactus.

Warlord
CoiE Anti Monitor

Enyalus
Jim Starlin's pencil.

Juntai
Drax.

TricksterPriest
Darkseid.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Darkseid.
No.

TricksterPriest
Yes. Darkseid is always underestimated. The Omega Effect ends Thanos. Or perhaps the Sanction is a better idea. At any rate, Darkseid has powers beyond Thanos and more than enough firepower to send him to his final death.

Eternal Idol
Yes. Darkseid is always underestimated. The Omega Effect ends Thanos. Or perhaps the Sanction is a better idea. At any rate, Darkseid has powers beyond Thanos and more than enough firepower to send him to his final death.

No. If anything, you overestimate Darkseid and underestimate anyone not Darkseid. Thanos is off the charts in almost every way, especially durability.

Endless Mike
Considering Thanos took attacks from Odin and even 1 attack from well-fed Galactus couldn't put him down (albeit it was not a full strength attack), then I'm thinking Darkseid can't do it.

D_Dude1210
Darkseid.

This thread is not about who Thanos can one-shot.

guy222
Celestials

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by guy222
Celestials

Are Celestials >>> Galactus?

Mindset
They don't need to be.

Warlord
Darkseid.

rolling on floor laughing

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Mindset
They don't need to be.

Good point. Galactus didn't really put that much effort (he excerted, but not that much) into the blast, had he put more juice, he would've one shotted Thanos easily.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by guy222
Celestials

thumb up

Darkseid.

thumb down

Allankles
Originally posted by Juntai
Drax.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Juntai
Drax.

Nah, Drax had to penetrate the shield first THEN one-shot Thanos.

According to the stips of the OP, that would be considered a 2-shot at the very least.

Allankles
He can leap through the shields and through Thanos' heart. That's a one shot.

zeel
Darkseid.

sigh.

thanos-prime
isent current drax dumb drax?

Slaanesh
no..he's been the same since Annihilation..small and intelligence..

Ryo 666
Darkseid. laughing out loud

grimify
Batkick

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by grimify
Batkick
Would be completely ineffective, and Batman would have his head spun 1080 degrees by Thanos' pimp hand.

grimify
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Would be completely ineffective, and Batman would have his head spun 1080 degrees by Thanos' pimp hand.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batkick would drop him, easily.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by grimify
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batkick would drop him, easily.
Yeah, it'll double him over with laughter.

Warlord
Show some respect for the batkick damn it!!!

Konton
Zatanna.

eek!

Warlord
Originally posted by Konton
Zatanna.

eek!

no..... embarrasment

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Warlord
Show some respect for the batkick damn it!!!

*scans room for danger*

I FEAR NOT THE PETTY BATKICK!!!!!

Huh... Well, since I'm still alive, I guess I'll celebrate by eating this chocolate ice cre--AARRRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Warlord
That will teach you a lesson...wink

grimify
Batkick wins again

Eternal Idol
That will teach you a lesson...wink

Sure did. Eating ice cream too quickly will result in an uncomfortable frozen spot at the back of one's throat.

I can't think of anyone below abstract-level (besides Drax) who can one-shot Thanos.

jasofisc
chuck noris, a single ninja, captain america on the 4th of july, a wolverine batman combo, kittens, and Barak Obama. think that pretty much covers it

Warlord
Cap on the 4th of July decimates him

Lord Feron
*scans room for danger*

I FEAR NOT THE PETTY BATKICK!!!!!

Huh... Well, since I'm still alive, I guess I'll celebrate by eating this chocolate ice cre--AARRRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

laughing

Mshinu
Steven Segal could one shot break his wrist

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Allankles
He can leap through the shields and through Thanos' heart. That's a one shot.

He didn't leap through the shields tho, he had to claw at it. Looks like a 2-shot to me.

Philosophía
All-out Superman.

ha-som

Warlord
Superman will vibrate and one shot him...unfair.....poor Thanos...sad

KuRuPT Thanosi
Darkseid.

HaHaHa Trick your such a funny guy. Show me someone on Thanos level and with comparable durability that DS can one shot? Your such a tool, I think I'll just call you a shed.

I just went through the thread which I hadn't done yet and Trick already got laughed at enough. My bad trick

nicamarvin
How about a blood lusted evil classic Atum the God Eater??... confused

shokosugi
has anyone mentioned Chuck Norris yet?

nicamarvin
Originally posted by shokosugi
has anyone mentioned Chuck Norris yet? yes they have, but its spite I tell you... mad
Chuck Norris>>>>>TOAA>>>LT>>>>Galactus>>>>Thanos

Bouboumaster
Drax.

In the abstract, you'll have Galactus and his "family", Celestials, and Squirrel Girl, obviously

Kris Blaze
'Any skyfather who pours all his energy into a single blast would kill Thanos.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
'Any skyfather who pours all his energy into a single blast would kill Thanos.

id369
Superman 10/10

The Nuul
Darkseid.

laughing what a bias joke.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by iceman24567

Really and you two are basing this off of what exactly?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by The Nuul
laughing what a bias joke.

Do you know what the Omega sanction does?

The Nuul
Yes, hes still bias. With the OE, its the only way.

TricksterPriest
Darkseid=skyfather. And somehow, he won't use his signature attack? Or the more powerful version known as the Omega Sanction?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yes, hes still bias. With the OE, its the only way.

And what if it is the only way?

It would make Darkseid capable of one-shotting Thanos.

D_Dude1210
You guys think Thor's full power Godblast can one shot Thanos?

leonidas
definitely a very high level skyfather attack at the minimum. has it ever happened? i can't think of an instance off-hand.

D_Dude1210
I seriously never saw Thanos one-shotted before. Drax got him with a 2-shot (claw shield, rip Thanos heart). But that's the closest. Galactus was a near 2-shot too.

Nihilist
Are we talking physicaly or energy wise?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Darkseid=skyfather. And somehow, he won't use his signature attack? Or the more powerful version known as the Omega Sanction?

This is quite simple and I've asked this before with no results. Please give me all the people at Thanos level or higher that the OE or OS has worked on and erased/killed. Since a bunch of sheds think this is a viable/will work option then I'm sure there is a plethera of people this has worked on.... I can hardly wait for this list.....

Master Court
Darkseid.

.............. Darkseid?

*ahem*

WWWWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

big grin *points and laughs at mangled corpse barely recognizable as Darkseid*

WWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

stretcher

^ Darkseid^

Seriously, though. Big G level and above. The One-Shot-Thanos club is very exclusive.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So, please to those that said a full blast from a skyfather who kill thanos.. please show me the evidence of such.

We have beings like Galactus (not weakened), Omega (just as strong as Galactus) Tyrant and Odin (using Gungir and pissed) and none of them could one shot Thanos. Galactus weakened himself just trying to get through Thanos one shield let alone the three he had against Omega. Yet we have some sheds on this site that think any skyfather can kill him with a good blast LOL LOL. Crack kills people crack kills.

Utrigita
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So, please to those that said a full blast from a skyfather who kill thanos.. please show me the evidence of such.

We have beings like Galactus (not weakened), Omega (just as strong as Galactus) Tyrant and Odin (using Gungir and pissed) and none of them could one shot Thanos. Galactus weakened himself just trying to get through Thanos one shield let alone the three he had against Omega. Yet we have some sheds on this site that think any skyfather can kill him with a good blast LOL LOL. Crack kills people crack kills.

Thanos had all shields up against Galactus, just for your information. smile

KuRuPT Thanosi
He could have but that is an assumption. Against omega he specifically was prepped and had all three ready to go as stated on panel. Against Galactus and his own words he says a MERE forcefield. Not three.

Utrigita
Yet Thanos specificly says "Activate all defensive Shielding" if you believe all defensive shielding to be one shield be my guest smile

KuRuPT Thanosi
That is like saying if you believe Galactus own words saying a mere forcefield being one then by all means be my guest. smile

Kris Blaze
Any trans level character should be able to kill Thanos by pouring the majority of their energy or power into a single blast.

Utrigita
I read all Galactus says and chooses to not lay all my focus on just a mere forcefield and looks at "Admirable technology" in connection with it, but if you believe that Galactus have problems breaking through one of Thanos shields be my guest smile

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Utrigita
Thanos had all shields up against Galactus, just for your information. smile

Maybe Thanos only has one shield and he just said all to intimidate Big G.

Seriously either Thanos activated all of them, or he only has one. You don't say activate all shields and only raise one.

Wild Shadow
Mixy and Bat mite could do it.. cool

Nihilist
Punchwise, i dont think he could be killed bu 1 punch alone.

Blast wise, Skyfather+ lvl at least.

Raoul
This is quite simple and I've asked this before with no results. Please give me all the people at Thanos level or higher that the OE or OS has worked on and erased/killed. Since a bunch of sheds think this is a viable/will work option then I'm sure there is a plethera of people this has worked on.... I can hardly wait for this list.....

sheds?

Originally posted by Master Court
.............. Darkseid?

*ahem*

WWWWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

big grin *points and laughs at mangled corpse barely recognizable as Darkseid*

WWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

stretcher

^ Darkseid^

Seriously, though. Big G level and above. The One-Shot-Thanos club is very exclusive.

do you have anything to contribute or not?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Maybe Thanos only has one shield and he just said all to intimidate Big G.

This is very likely no expression

Survivor19
Anyway, i believe Galan just underestimated a little Thanos' shielding. Focused "Herald my Rage" can do the trick, IMO.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Survivor19
Anyway, i believe Galan just underestimated a little Thanos' shielding. Focused "Herald my Rage" can do the trick, IMO. He wouldnt of done a Herald my rage on his own ship, and it would have destroyed the crux which had the Infinity gems on.

KuRuPT Thanosi
First Kris says any skyfather can one blast thanos... then he says any Trans level person can one blast thanos hahahaha lol. So, I guess Thanos can also one shot any trans level person with one focused blast lol.

Again nobody has any answers. Please list all the people DS has one shotted with the OS that is on or higher level then Thanos. It should be numerous with the way some people talk and yet those numbers don't exist. Can we say bs and the DS uses the OS and thinking it actually works is supported by no hard evidence only hyperbole.

Next as I said... If Galactus, Omega, Tyrant and Odin can't one shot Thanos nobody Skyfather or below is going to kill him with one shot.

Mindset
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I seriously never saw Thanos one-shotted before. Drax got him with a 2-shot (claw shield, rip Thanos heart). But that's the closest. Galactus was a near 2-shot too. Galactus didn't use his full power.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Nihilist
He wouldnt of done a Herald my rage on his own ship, and it would have destroyed the crux which had the Infinity gems on.

Thats not his point. His point is that Big G would one shot thanos with ease if he really wanted him gone especially now that thanos know he aint the garden vareity insect so to speak.

The Nuul
But isnt the OE different from a normal type blast that Galan, Thor, Odin, or any type of them has used on Thanos in the past?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Galactus didn't use his full power.

How much was he using?

Eternal Idol
How much was he using?
Galactus was pissed off, but he wasn't all pissed off. More like 85% pissed off. Therefore, it's safe to say he didn't go over 9000 when he shot Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Galactus was pissed off, but he wasn't all pissed off. More like 85% pissed off. Therefore, it's safe to say he didn't go over 9000 when he shot Thanos.

Source for these figures and if mind has the source of how much power Big G was using that would also be great smile

Mindset
How much was he using? Not his full power.

Eternal Idol
Source for these figures and if mind has the source of how much power Big G was using that would also be great smile

Sure thing. smile
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=512818&from=thread&pagenumber=5#post12072617

Originally posted Today at 2:15PM by Eternal Idol

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not his full power.

I see. thanks for that info. It was certainly enough that he said he took a lot out of him and he had to feed though right?

Mindset
No, it wasn't, unless you can show he had recently fed before the attack.

Even then, he was able to destroy 3 star systems while weaker than that.

BUSTER1
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the one, the only SQUIRREL GIRL

Tenebrous
I see. thanks for that info. It was certainly enough that he said he took a lot out of him and he had to feed though right?

No. He said that he "exerted himself" trying to pierce Thanos' shields.

When you jog, you exert yourself. When you sprint, you exhaust yourself.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by BUSTER1
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the one, the only SQUIRREL GIRL

I say it earlier

Gecko4lif
The thanos wank is strong in this thread.

Does everybody know that the omega beams ARE NOT the same thing as the Omega effect?

It is like comparing a triple a battery to a lightning bolt

But anyway.

pc validus
pc omega
superboy prime aka time trapper
Infinity man ( maybe?)
Mandrakk
Drax (lol)
Rulk ( depends on who is writing lmao)
Surter w/ twilight sword

KuRuPT Thanosi
No, it wasn't, unless you can show he had recently fed before the attack.

Even then, he was able to destroy 3 star systems while weaker than that.

That made no sense... you want me to prove a negative... You can't prove how fed or not fed he was and yet your assuming something and want me to prove otherwise? You don't know how fed he was and neither do I. So, unless stated that he's weak which is usually the case then it's safe to assume he's at normal levels correct?

So, your saying when he hit thanos with that CONCENTRATED blast he was in better shape then the 3 star systems showing... Good that further proves my point on how impressive it was to take that blast.

KuRuPT Thanosi
By the way I'm still waiting on this list that DS has that he's erased and or killed people with on or greater then Thanos... I want battle feats and people that this has worked on ALONE one v one. The problem is people keep avoding the question because such an extensive list doesn't exist. Yet people always say... DS OB or OS them haha. A lot of hyperbole and not much substance for that form of attack huh?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Tenebrous

When did I say he exausted himself? He clearly stated he was impressed that it took him all that energy that he needs to feed afterwards from a mere forcefield. Don't you think the writer was clearly trying to give the impression that Thanos shields were very strong and did tax galactus. The evidence clearly suggests that.

Mindset
That made no sense... you want me to prove a negative... You can't prove how fed or not fed he was and yet your assuming something and want me to prove otherwise? You don't know how fed he was and neither do I. So, unless stated that he's weak which is usually the case then it's safe to assume he's at normal levels correct?

So, your saying while weaker then that he destroyed 3 star systems... So, your saying... when he was weaker then when he said he must fed because that made him lose vital energies... he destroyed 3 star systems. So, your saying when he hit thanos with that CONCENTRATED blast he was in better shape then the 3 star systems showing... Good that further proves my point on how impressive it was to take that blast. The fact that he needed to feed after one blast shows he was not well fed, I didn't expect you to prove it, I expected you to think.

Take an English class, your second paragraph is a mess.

I'm saying that the blast he hit Thanos with was not a full powered blast, because when weaker he was able to destroy 3 star systems when he was pissed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The fact that he needed to feed after one blast shows he was not well fed, I didn't expect you to prove it, I expected you to think.

Take an English class, your second paragraph is a mess.

I'm saying that the blast he hit Thanos with was not a full powered blast, because when weaker he was able to destroy 3 star systems when he was pissed.

So, then prove to me what level he was at when he blasted Thanos.. Since your claiming he was more and have something to back that up. Please do so. You contradict yourself... you say well since he needed to feed afterwards he must not have been well fed. First, I never said well fed I said he wasn't weak and in normal condition. Your saying he was weaker cause he had to feed not me. So, at a weakened state he was able to blast 3 star systems at was pissed. Was he not pissed at Thanos.. I think the verbage said that exact thing didn't it? So, now your going to prove to me then that he was more pissed when he executed your said feat correct? So, please then prove these assumptions your making...

Tenebrous
He could have but that is an assumption. Against omega he specifically was prepped and had all three ready to go as stated on panel. Against Galactus and his own words he says a MERE forcefield. Not three.

I had this debate before. Galactus is referring to Thanos' use of the actual tactic of using force field technology, not the literal quantity of forcefields.

We know this to be true because Galactus specifically states "never before have I exerted myself to pierce a mere forcefield."

Now others want to take that as a literal statement. That's fine and that's their right. It is however, taking away the wrong meaning from the statement.

Galactus speaks in absolutes...he does not go into "detail." To make it easier to grasp....think how many types of force fields, and how many different layers of said forcefields, Galactus has come against in 20 billion years of his existence. He has breached them all (never before have I exerted = i've never had to try this hard before). Here Galactus is making a comparative statement...he's comparing Thanos' shields against all the others he has ever come up against in the past. In order to compare thanos' shields against all other shields Galactus has ever encountered, Galactus will say "i've never had to try so hard to pierce a forcefield before" regardless if there are 10 layers or 10,000. That's because he is referring to the tactic of using the force field, not the actual quantity.

Further proof:

Infinity Abyss, where Thanos uses 3 shields against Omega, takes place BEFORE the Thanos limited series. We know this because Galactus specifically mentions Thanos stealing his DNA in Thanos #3.

Let us assume that Thanos really did use 1 shield against Galactus, despite saying "activate all defensive shielding."

You're now making the implicit assumption that at some point between Infinity Abyss and the Thanos limited series, Thanos actually DOWNGRADED his shielding from at least 3 layers, to only 1 at most (because Thanos did say "activate ALL defensive shielding"wink.

Is it in Thanos' nature to actually DOWNGRADE his tech? To reduce his power? We all know the answer to that.

Further more, when Thanos confronted Galactus, he KNEW what the stakes were. The entire universe was in peril, and the only way to avert disaster was to reason with Galactus.

Don't you think that Thanos, who by his own admission "prepares for every eventuality" would actually want to bring with him his BEST technology in case he would actually have to directly confront Galactus?

Or do you think that Thanos purposely decided to take along only 1 shield, and leave the rest of them at home because Thanos is an arrogant SOB?

Essentially, if you take Galactus' statement at literal face value, you are making the full assumption that Thanos has downgraded his tech, and brought with him minimal protection when he went to directly challenge Galactus. Let's not forget that in the same series (Thanos Limited series) Thanos was actually wary of Galactus' power and wanted to avoid confrontation at all costs...yet when the time comes to go face to face, he brings only 1 shield when he has at least 3 available to use?

Mindset
He was not well fed or anywhere near it, all signs seem to show he was already in need of feeding, or close to it, if one blast exhausted him enough to where he needed to feed.

I brought up Annihilation because while in a weaker state he was able to produce a more powerful blast than the one the was used to attack Thanos.

No, he was not as pissed at Thanos as he was at the Annihilation wave, the people who had beaten him, captured him, and then used him as a weapon. If he was do you really think he would have stopped to listen to what Thanos had to say after he destroyed his shields? erm

Where did I contradict myself?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I had this debate before. Galactus is referring to Thanos' use of the actual tactic of using force field technology, not the literal quantity of forcefields.

We know this to be true because Galactus specifically states "never before have I exerted myself to pierce a mere forcefield."

Now others want to take that as a literal statement. That's fine and that's their right. It is however, taking away the wrong meaning from the statement.

Galactus speaks in absolutes...he does not go into "detail." To make it easier to grasp....think how many types of force fields, and how many different layers of said forcefields, Galactus has come against in 20 billion years of his existence. He has breached them all (never before have I exerted = i've never had to try this hard before). Here Galactus is making a comparative statement...he's comparing Thanos' shields against all the others he has ever come up against in the past. In order to compare thanos' shields against all other shields Galactus has ever encountered, Galactus will say "i've never had to try so hard to pierce a forcefield before" regardless if there are 10 layers or 10,000. That's because he is referring to the tactic of using the force field, not the actual quantity.

Further proof:

Infinity Abyss, where Thanos uses 3 shields against Omega, takes place BEFORE the Thanos limited series. We know this because Galactus specifically mentions Thanos stealing his DNA in Thanos #3.

Let us assume that Thanos really did use 1 shield against Galactus, despite saying "activate all defensive shielding."

You're now making the implicit assumption that at some point between Infinity Abyss and the Thanos limited series, Thanos actually DOWNGRADED his shielding from at least 3 layers, to only 1 at most (because Thanos did say "activate ALL defensive shielding"wink.

Is it in Thanos' nature to actually DOWNGRADE his tech? To reduce his power? We all know the answer to that.

Further more, when Thanos confronted Galactus, he KNEW what the stakes were. The entire universe was in peril, and the only way to avert disaster was to reason with Galactus.

Don't you think that Thanos, who by his own admission "prepares for every eventuality" would actually want to bring with him his BEST technology in case he would actually have to directly confront Galactus?

Or do you think that Thanos purposely decided to take along only 1 shield, and leave the rest of them at home because Thanos is an arrogant SOB?

Essentially, if you take Galactus' statement at literal face value, you are making the full assumption that Thanos has downgraded his tech, and brought with him minimal protection when he went to directly challenge Galactus. Let's not forget that in the same series (Thanos Limited series) Thanos was actually wary of Galactus' power and wanted to avoid confrontation at all costs...yet when the time comes to go face to face, he brings only 1 shield when he has at least 3 available to use?

Good post and I see the points your making and do agree to a certain degree. I think though by your own admission he statement could be taken literally. However, lets take your assumption as fact which is fine by me... That takes nothing away from my point. People were saying a full blast from a skyfather would kill Thanos. Someone else says a full blast from a fellow trans would do the trick. I was merely pointing out that he's taken a blast from a pissed off galactus (abstract) that wasn't full strength but clearly he exerted energies and was really impressed with the shielding of Thanos. Then more blast from a very powerful Omega who again could be Abstract or certainly way higher then Trans and his shields again pretty much held up. Blast from Tyrant and Odin without his shielding. One where a skyfather (Odin) was pissed and summoned his special weapon. I was merely saying that I believe Thanos has shown it would take a lot more then a blast from a Trans character to kill him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He was not well fed or anywhere near it, all signs seem to show he was already in need of feeding, or close to it, if one blast exhausted him enough to where he needed to feed.

I brought up Annihilation because while in a weaker state he was able to produce a more powerful blast than the one the was used to attack Thanos.

No, he was not as pissed at Thanos as he was at the Annihilation wave, the people who had beaten him, captured him, and then used him as a weapon. If he was do you really think he would have stopped to listen to what Thanos had to say after he destroyed his shields? erm

Where did I contradict myself?

How do all signs point to anything? Look at Tene well thought out post. He clearly believes Galactus was rather impressed with Thanos shields in that all his existence this was the most he's had to work. That is impressive and could very well mean it was taxing and says nothing about him being weak to begin with. That could also be true right?

Did you see a difference in the blast he hit Thanos with and the one in annihilation? Don't you think one was more concentrated on Thanos then the other? So, I'm not really sure what point your making with that at all. Whether he was more pissed then he was at thanos that is debatable but fine i can accept that. However, collateral damage or lack there of is proof of nothing. We don't know he was weak when he hit thanos that was never said nor implied. So, he could very well have been in a normal state. Don't you agree it usually says he's weak when the writer is trying to convey that message? It does. So, the evidence goes towards him not being weak. So, really in a stronger state he could very well have hit Thanos with a harder blast. Nobody really knows it's all assumptions on both parties and yours are no different.

Master Court
Originally posted by Raoul
do you have anything to contribute or not?

If you're gonna read a post, it's smart to read the WHOLE thing.

I clearly stated a very clear opinion with a high level of clarity.

I said Big G level and above. That was my opinion. It was clear. Should I do what everyone else does and argue over small feats? "Who did this to whom and under what circumstances? PIS? Did Loeb write it? Was it standard version? Did they have such-and-such plot device? Did Big-G eat his veggies?" Blah blah blah. The dude in question is Thanos, so the answer is simple. No one but Galactus level and above is going to one shot Thanos. Simple question, simple answer.

Do you feel better now that I wasted a whole paragraph to restate my opinion? What a waste of time. I'll tell you what. I'll think about it, and I'll hit you with the perfect non-Galactus level dude to one-shot Thanos.

I was also laughing at Trickster's opinion.

... Darkseid.

Tenebrous
Good post and I see the points your making and do agree to a certain degree. I think though by your own admission he statement could be taken literally. However, lets take your assumption as fact which is fine by me... That takes nothing away from my point. People were saying a full blast from a skyfather would kill Thanos. Someone else says a full blast from a fellow trans would do the trick. I was merely pointing out that he's taken a blast from a pissed off galactus (abstract) that wasn't full strength but clearly he exerted energies and was really impressed with the shielding of Thanos. Then more blast from a very powerful Omega who again could be Abstract or certainly way higher then Trans and his shields again pretty much held up. Blast from Tyrant and Odin without his shielding. One where a skyfather (Odin) was pissed and summoned his special weapon. I was merely saying that I believe Thanos has shown it would take a lot more then a blast from a Trans character to kill him.

Agreed. I'm merely pointing out that once we enter into the realm of Galactus-level characters, that's when Thanos can definitely be one-shotted. Galactus was impressed and was preparing a second blast, which both parties knew would end Thanos' life. Galactus simply didn't try "hard enough."

With Odin Thanos withstood multiple direct blasts. Odin was causing damage to Asgard with the energies he was unleashing so it's safe to say that Odin was more than "exerting" himself.

Using that fight purely as a barometer for sky-father characters, I would say Thanos cannot be one-shotted by sky-father; he can definitely be one shotted by cosmic entity level. The soft spot is somewhere inbetween.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Agreed. I'm merely pointing out that once we enter into the realm of Galactus-level characters, that's when Thanos can definitely be one-shotted. Galactus was impressed and was preparing a second blast, which both parties knew would end Thanos' life. Galactus simply didn't try "hard enough."

With Odin Thanos withstood multiple direct blasts. Odin was causing damage to Asgard with the energies he was unleashing so it's safe to say that Odin was more than "exerting" himself.

Using that fight purely as a barometer for sky-father characters, I would say Thanos cannot be one-shotted by sky-father; he can definitely be one shotted by cosmic entity level. The soft spot is somewhere inbetween. thumb up I agree with your conclusion.

Enyalus

I'm pretty sure he also said that he had 'depleted vital energies' attacking Thanos. Regardless, Galactus was trying and Thanos was fine. If he had expended more energies I certainly think he could have pierced his shielding and royally messed Thanos up, but I'm not entirely sold on being able to one-shot him.

Also, if he's walking through Odin's Gungir blast without the aid of any shielding, no skyfather is ever one-shotting him under these stips.

Mindset
Yes, I saw what Tene posted and it could be true, but that's not what you posted, so it's irrelevant to our conversation. IF Galactus was needing to feed after one blast, which is what you said, then he was already close to needing to feed before the blast.

A blast that killed a Watcher, 3 star systems, and countless other beings sure seems to point to the fact that it was more powerful than the one that was used on Thanos, in addition to the above, he had more incentive to use a more powerful blast than the one he used on Thanos.

Enyalus
Thanos has taken a blue gas giant going supernova in his face, and came away from it with a few pieces of his clothing having holes in it. Nothing more. He's been inside a black hole for probably several hours, etc.

Some of the blasts being talked about here would be laughable if Thanos had to face them with his full shielding up.

Master Court
I thought it over a bit.

I think, with careful planning. Dr. Strange could do it.

I'm not saying show up at Thanos' place and "pow". But if he thought it over and organized a careful strategic plan with the help of the Illuminati, he could utilize his powers for power buffs, spell preparations, etc. If he could focus all his mystic power and charge it into one prepared shot, teleport right behind Thanos, and THEN... pow. I think if Thanos didn't see it coming to brace for it, and got it right in the back of the head. Strange could probably KO him. Or at least TKO, with Thanos kinda reeling on the ground. But can't kill him.

Afterwards, Strange should haul ass.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'm pretty sure he also said that he had 'depleted vital energies' attacking Thanos. Regardless, Galactus was trying and Thanos was fine.

Seriously, are you drunk?

Thanos was not fine and Galactus had not depleted vital energies. Your recollections are rarely this far away from the actual events that occured cool

Master Court
Am I kinda right or dead wrong on the Strange thing?

Konton
no..... embarrasment

Esrepsid FTW.

Happy Dance

Mindset
Thanos would walk up and punch her in the face after she fails.

Konton
I know. I'm hardly serious.
But if she had prep and he didn't...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_L7JSg_nsDxw/SOUyS7witqI/AAAAAAAAB9E/N1Y3VZ6BjhE/s320/interesting.jpg

HMMMMMMM.

Enyalus
Seriously, are you drunk?

Thanos was not fine and Galactus had not depleted vital energies. Your recollections are rarely this far away from the actual events that occured cool
Galactus notes, "dealing with you has depleted vital energies." This was after saying that he had exerted himself piercing Thanos' force field. All in Thanos #5.

And I guess he might not have been fine. He had a little blood running from one nostril. And part of his outfit was wrecked. He didn't seem anywhere close to unconsciousness or death, though.

Kris Blaze
Galactus notes, "dealing with you has depleted vital energies." This was after saying that he had exerted himself piercing Thanos' force field. All in Thanos #5.

And I guess he might not have been fine. He had a little blood running from one nostril. And part of his outfit was wrecked. He didn't seem anywhere close to unconsciousness or death, though.

facepalm

God damn starlin

TricksterPriest
Darkseid.

Enyalus
facepalm

God damn starlin
It's canon, you viking bastard.

KuRuPT Thanosi
just as i said

leonidas
Thanos has taken a blue gas giant going supernova in his face, and came away from it with a few pieces of his clothing having holes in it. Nothing more. He's been inside a black hole for probably several hours, etc.

Some of the blasts being talked about here would be laughable if Thanos had to face them with his full shielding up.

you personally think a blast that off'd a watcher wouldn't ko thanos, shields and all? and that blast did what--demolish 3 solar systems? a galaxy busting attack, which odin at least is capable of, is so much bigger than that it's hard to quantify . . . KT keeps asking for proof that he could be ko'd, but i'd love to see proof that he could stand in the middle of a galaxy-busting attack and still be standing.

Harbinger
Didn't Galactus have Thanos on his damn knees begging to be heard out after getting blasted? Doesn't sound like being fine to me.

Enyalus
Originally posted by leonidas
you personally think a blast that off'd a watcher wouldn't ko thanos, shields and all? and that blast did what--demolish 3 solar systems? a galaxy busting attack, which odin at least is capable of, is so much bigger than that it's hard to quantify . . . KT keeps asking for proof that he could be ko'd, but i'd love to see proof that he could stand in the middle of a galaxy-busting attack and still be standing.

He's taken previous galaxy-buster's energy attacks and walked through them before. erm The 3+ solar system blast (let's not short-change Galactus there, it said it had destroyed 3 systems and didn't show signs of slowing down) didn't even KO Annihilus. You think it'd put down Thanos? For real?

And no, as shown repeatedly, a Watcher's durability < Thanos's. They've been one-shot more than once. More than twice.

Kris Blaze
Galactus' "herald my rage" was big, but it wasn't very strong. It didn't hold more destructive power than a planetary-busting attack, but it covered a huge area.

He's taken previous galaxy-buster's energy attacks and walked through them before.

When was this?

Harbinger
Sounds like he's referencing Thanos' walking through Odin's Gungir-concentrated blast when they fought.

Enyalus
Galactus' "herald my rage" was big, but it wasn't very strong. It didn't hold more destructive power than a planetary-busting attack, but it covered a huge area.
erm Says who?

When was this?
Odin is a galaxy buster. Thanos has walked through his energy blast. And tanked more than one of them.

Kris Blaze
erm Says who?

Says the fact that Annihilus survived it. Add 2 and 2 Steinberg.

Odin is a galaxy buster. Thanos has walked through his energy blast. And tanked more than one of them.

That is some nice speculation.

Unfortunately, Thanos was far from unhurt and there's no guarantee that they were in fact galaxy-busting.

leonidas
He's taken previous galaxy-buster's energy attacks and walked through them before. erm

where was this?

annihilus wasn't the intended, or focussed target. the attack was meant to take out his fleet. and even if it continued to gobble a 1000 systems, a galaxy has BILLIONS of stars . . . a focissed attack of THAT level WOULDN'T put him down?? no way i'm buying that . . .

well, discounting the rulk nonsense, i know exitar did it. not sure what other time/s you're talking about.

Kris Blaze
annihilus wasn't the intended, or focussed target. the attack was meant to take out his fleet. and even if it continued to gobble a 1000 systems, a galaxy has BILLIONS of stars . . . a focissed attack of THAT level WOULDN'T put him down?? no way i'm buying that . . .

My point exactly.

Enyalus
Says the fact that Annihilus survived it. Add 2 and 2 Steinberg.
Have Trick crunch the numbers. He's the resident KMC Jew. Not me.

Unfortunately, Thanos was far from unhurt and there's no guarantee that they were in fact galaxy-busting.
Did I say that the attack Thanos tanked was a galaxy-buster? Do I need to say it in Norwegian? stick out tongue

Kris Blaze

Did I say that the attack Thanos tanked was a galaxy-buster? Do I need to say it in Norwegian? stick out tongue

Oh right, you said that he had taken a galalxy buster's attacks. Okay....this is where your stupidity catches up with you. If you did not mean that he was capable of taking galaxy-busting attacks, then your previous argument did not counter Leonidas. If it did, then you do not have the right to say "did I say that...bla bla" because then you did. Try to maintain SOME consistency.

leonidas

yeah, can't use that kind of speculation. takes you down a bad road if carried to its conclusions involving not just this case, but almost any other. i'd say no way odin went seth levels or surtur levels against thanos, whom he seemed to underestimate some, but was never threatened by. plus, being in asgard, seems reasonable to say odin would have been holding back some for fear of damaging the realm.

KuRuPT Thanosi
show me where I said he could take a galaxy busting blast easily. What I pointed out and Eny came and also said was that Thanos isn't going to be put down as easily as some have suggested. Some people said any good blast from a skyfather and later a trans character should do it....
I simply pointed out that Thanos has taken a pretty tough damn blast from an abstract level character when he was pissed that made him need to feed and even commented that he's never had to work so hard. Clearly, the writer was trying to convey that his shields are pretty damn tough to get through along with his personal durabilty.

I further said proof again was in the Omega fight with again a very powerful being who is Abstract/skyfahther ish who knows. Point is very powerful and a partial clone of galactus. Again the writer was clearly giving the impression it takes a lot of damn power to get through thanos shields let alone his personal durability...

That durability has been displayed throughout his history and has a very good record of being in the upper tier when it comes to that. Fights with Odin, Tyrant n PG Thor proof such, alone with countless other encounters.

Some of these blast were clearly direct energy blast right at thanos and not going for the collateral damage, destroy galaxies route. It was directly concentrated on thanos, so lack of collateral damage proves little.

Point is, nobody knows for sure what a galactus galaxy busting blast will do or won't do to thanos. What we can say for sure is that he has a proven record via is tech shields and personal durability that it will take IMO abstract or above to kill him in one shot. All this low balling in this thread saying it would take only a skyfather to kill thanos or Kris saying a trans is a joke imo. That is my main point, that the lowballing of Thanos in this thread is kinda silly imo.

Enyalus
well, discounting the rulk nonsense, i know exitar did it. not sure what other time/s you're talking about.
During the Starblast event, one of Skeletron's henchmen (I forget his name) did it. And then of course, besides Exitar and Rulk, you have Galactus.

Didn't Phoenix also do it? DP?

KuRuPT Thanosi
So, Leo you believe a skyfather can kill Thanos in one shot and like kris said a fellow trans should do the trick. You don't agree with my early post above, about him having a proven record is that your argument?

Naija boy
Didnt exitar prepare for millions of years or something before doing that feat?

Enyalus
yeah, can't use that kind of speculation. takes you down a bad road if carried to its conclusions involving not just this case, but almost any other. i'd say no way odin went seth levels or surtur levels against thanos, whom he seemed to underestimate some, but was never threatened by. plus, being in asgard, seems reasonable to say odin would have been holding back some for fear of damaging the realm.

Odin's galaxy destroying shots didn't come close to putting down Seth or Forsung. You think they're that much above Thanos in durability? And Walker, who had several galaxy's worth of power couldn't do it, either.

This is in addition to the Galactus blast he survived, and surviving Omega's blast who was twice as powerful as Galactus.

As DC'ers often point out - collateral damage isn't everything.

leonidas
So, Leo you believe a skyfather can kill Thanos in one shot and like kris said a fellow trans should do the trick. You don't agree with my early post above, about him having a proven record is that your argument?

i'd say a high level skyfather like odin could muster enough power to 1-shot him, yes. not sure what post you're talking about. thanos has awesome durability but i've never seen him stand up to the type of power a po'd odin could bring to bear.

KuRuPT Thanosi
edit

leonidas
Odin's galaxy destroying shots didn't come close to putting down Seth or Forsung. You think they're that much above Thanos in durability? And Walker, who had several galaxy's worth of power couldn't do it, either.

that's a testament to their power. nothing to do with thanos. it's why i keep saying skyfathers' feats are severely underrated on the forum.

that galactus blast is pretty meaningless. no one knows how much power he put into it. hell, quasar shielded a few blasts from him, as did sue storm. surviving a blast from galactus isn't all that impressive.

true. but were all that energy focused, things might be a lot different. odin's battle with seth shook the multiverse. his battle with odin wrecked a couple walls in asgard . . . i'm pretty sure odin had a nother gear to kick it into, had he felt the need to do so.

KuRuPT Thanosi
i'd say a high level skyfather like odin could muster enough power to 1-shot him, yes. not sure what post you're talking about. thanos has awesome durability but i've never seen him stand up to the type of power a po'd odin could bring to bear.

So, your saying Odin could dish out more then... a pissed Omega? Then a pissed Galactus? Seriously Leo? Thanos tanked a ON PANEL PO'D ODIN BLAST WITHOUT his tech shielding. He was clearly pissed right? Lets say for arguments sake we was only going 75 percent for arguments sake. I believe it would be more around 90 but who cares. Point is you don't think all his tech shields could take care of the remaing 25 percent? When its stood up to a pissed Galactus and Omega's blasts?

Enyalus
true. but were all that energy focused, things might be a lot different. odin's battle with seth shook the multiverse. his battle with odin wrecked a couple walls in asgard . . . i'm pretty sure odin had a nother gear to kick it into, had he felt the need to do so.
And Thor and Red Norvell's battle was warping Asgard itself, while Thor and Hulk's battle was destroying Hel.

Again, collateral damage isn't everything. He's taken blasts from abstracts and survived it before. In the same way I can't just assume that Galactus' blast or Odin's blast wasn't galaxy-destroying in power, you can't just assume that it wasn't or write that off, either.

leonidas
So, your saying Odin could dish out more then... a pissed Omega? Then a pissed Galactus? Seriously Leo? Thanos tanked a ONLY PANEL PO'D ODIN BLAST WITHOUT his tech shielding. He was clearly pissed right? Lets say for arguments sake we was only going 75 percent for arguments sake. I believe it would be more around 90 but who cares. Point is you don't think all his tech shields could take care of the remaing 25 percent? When its stood up to a pissed Galactus and Omega's blasts?

we've no frame of reference for those attacks though. and speculating on percentages is . . . ridiculous. look at the effects of the battle between odin/thanos and the effects of the battle between tyrant/galactus or odin/seth. the thanos battles were trivial in comparison to those confrontations and the power being output in them.

i say again--i've never seen thanos take anything on that level, and i find it very difficult to believe he'd be standing after that.

out of curiosity--you're saying . . . what exactly is needed? celestial? full-fed galactus? who is capable of 1-shotting him iyo?

Naija boy

that galactus blast is pretty meaningless. no one knows how much power he put into it. hell, quasar shielded a few blasts from him, as did sue storm. surviving a blast from galactus isn't all that impressive.

true. but were all that energy focused, things might be a lot different. odin's battle with seth shook the multiverse. his battle with odin .

While it is difficult to guage how powerful the galactus blast was we have to look at the state of mind G was in. He was pretty angry and trying to annihilate thanos. Thats pretty different from the state of mind he was in against the likes of Sue and quasar. (there he adopted a more nonchalant attitude and used one of the regular mildblasts he uses against most pests).

Also Odins battle with Seth didnt actually shake the multiverse.

Badabing
Originally posted by Master Court
If you're gonna read a post, it's smart to read the WHOLE thing.

I clearly stated a very clear opinion with a high level of clarity.

I said Big G level and above. That was my opinion. It was clear. Should I do what everyone else does and argue over small feats? "Who did this to whom and under what circumstances? PIS? Did Loeb write it? Was it standard version? Did they have such-and-such plot device? Did Big-G eat his veggies?" Blah blah blah. The dude in question is Thanos, so the answer is simple. No one but Galactus level and above is going to one shot Thanos. Simple question, simple answer.

Do you feel better now that I wasted a whole paragraph to restate my opinion? What a waste of time. I'll tell you what. I'll think about it, and I'll hit you with the perfect non-Galactus level dude to one-shot Thanos.

I was also laughing at Trickster's opinion.

... Darkseid. Trolling someone then posting an opinion is not contributing. Next time it's a warning. Thanks.

leonidas
And Thor and Red Norvell's battle was warping Asgard itself, while Thor and Hulk's battle was destroying Hel.

Again, collateral damage isn't everything. He's taken blasts from abstracts and survived it before. In the same way I can't just assume that Galactus' blast or Odin's blast wasn't galaxy-destroying in power, you can't just assume that it wasn't or write that off, either.

sure you can because you can use collateral damage as a gauge. wrecking galaxies in passing and shaking the multiverse are just a little beyond those you mentioned . . . oi vey.

so, i ask you the same i asked KT--what's it take?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I would say an abstract level with very good power behind it probably would do the trick. Could a high skyfather do it? Possible but imo really not probable. With all the on panel evidence I think it clearly points to Thanos more then likely being still around.

A Ko possible but kill him... that is kinda silly to me. Not only does he have his tech shields, personal shields and proven durabilty he's a mutant eternal for God's sake. His proven record sides more with me then you my friend imo.

You can't deny on panel evidence and verbage used... Clearly odin was out for the kill and pissed. Clearly, there was some collateral damage but again are the blasts not focused? Do you think he's going for collateral damage? No they are right at thanos and by a weapon he felt he needed to pull out to further focus his po'd blasts. Thanos tanked it with no tech or personal shielding and you think it could kill him. Not likely imo and I don't even believe it would KO having to get through all that first.

Again you want to discredit the galactus encounter but as pointed out clearly the writer was giving the impression by words and art that Thanos shields are the toughest he's scene and it made him expent vital energies. There should be no doubt how strong they are after that. Galactus was also pissed having just gotten sent flying by thanos and comes back to get revenge. So, to say you don't think the blast is that tough.. again not based on his words as that points to my theory.. but what collateral damage... we've already discussed that which you conceded to. Nevermind Omega and who he is and again pissed.

Point is, imo the evidence points to it taking imo an abstract level good blast to kill thanos in one shot.

mosesowns
james jaspers

iceman24567
Eww now i can't drink a heineken without thinking about gapping assholes erm

Mindset
At least it isn't a man's.

Lord S
For a second there I thought it was Ego the Living Planet...

chomperx9
he came back on 20 mins ago on the off topics forum with another sig. already banned after the 1st post

Enyalus
sure you can because you can use collateral damage as a gauge. wrecking galaxies in passing and shaking the multiverse are just a little beyond those you mentioned . . . oi vey.
Okay, so we use collateral damage as a gauge then. That means that the Thor/Red and the Thor/Hulk fights were putting out more power than Odin/Thanos. Does that sound at all right to you? Hell, it means that the first BRB/Stardust fight was putting out more power than the Galactus/Surfer/Tenebrous/Aegis fight.

Bottom line is Thanos has taken repeated blasts from the peak skyfather in Marvel, as well as multiple abstract beings. He's survived fine.

I'd probably go with Mindset's first answer....a well fed Galactus's no holds barred blast would wreck his shields and KO him. Not even sure about killing him, though.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>